Start by marking “Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #1)

Fragile Scars

(Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #1)

SOMETIMES THE DEEPEST SCARS ARE THOSE NO ONE SEES.

Lilah seems to have it all—a great job and a gorgeous boyfriend, but underneath the perfect exterior are bruises left behind by a monster who claims to love her.

Damian has a troubled past of his own. He vows to steer clear of love, that is until he meets Lilah—a woman whose secret is slowly consuming her. One look and he
Published October 7th 2019 by Lilian Harris

To ask other readers questions about Fragile Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragile Scars

Start your review of Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #1)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
3 Fragile Stars!
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

I still can't believe this is the author's first book, she totally rocked it!

Damian doesn't do relationships. He grew up in an abusive home where his mother suffered from violence by his father on a daily basis - until she was murdered.
Since, Damian keeps a safe distance from love for fear of becoming a monster like his father...
until he moves next door to Lilah.

"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣’𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩’𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙙, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨, 𝙞𝙩’𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩. 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧
Jessie
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this arc in exchange for an honest review.

Sometimes we let other people's darkness dull our light. And they inflict wounds that you cannot see at first glance.

As soon as I ended the epilogue, I knew it would be a book that would provoke many emotions. From anguish to despair, from tears and smiles. The theme of this novel is about domestic violence, contains strong language and non-consensual sexual relations. Without ignoring the forbidden romance, which for some may not be to their
Beyond The Covers Blog
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly
Fragile Scars did not turn out completely as I expected it to. Damian grew up in an abusive household where his father killed his mother. Now at 30 years old, he moves into the apartment across the hall from Lilah, who is currently being abused by her boyfriend. Damian and Lilah soon begin a bit of a complicated relationship that becomes very intense, very fast. Damian sees the abuse that Lilah is suffering and does what he can to protect her and get her removed from the situation. The only ...more
Cmc1218gmail.Com
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved Fragile Scars and being pulled into the lives and secrets of Damian and Lilah. Damian is the PERFECT book boyfriend. Strong yet sensitive... and sexy as hell. Really hoping for a sequel because I need more of them in my life!
Shannon
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!!! So many emotions ran through me! I fell in love with the all of the characters. Lilian Harris has the ability to suck you in with this book, you’ll finish it and crave more! There’s nothing better than a writer who can put you inside the character’s world. Definitely recommend!!!!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Fragile Scars by Lilian Harris is one of those books that takes you on an emotional journey.

This book was heavy on the angst and had lots of heavy moments. It had some scenes that I'm sure might be hard for some to read due to their graphic nature, but the author warns of this. I knew it going in so wasn't surprised. It was written in such a way that told the horror of what was happening, but also was important to the story. I didn't feel like those scenes were just for shock value.

This book
Michele
Fragile Scars is the story of Damian and Lilah. They are both permanently scarred by the impact of domestic violence - albeit in different ways. Fate brings them together when Lilah needs help the most.

When they meet, Damian is instantly attracted to Lilah, but she is in a relationship, so they try to ignore the chemistry between them. However, when Damian starts to figure out that Lilah is suffering at the hands of her current boyfriend, all bets are off. He not only appoints himself as her
Paula D
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damian had a very rough childhood and in his eyes doesn’t want a serious relationship because he’s afraid of turning into a monster. Lilah is living in hell but keeps it hidden inside. But when the mystery man Damian becomes her neighbor and protector things start to change and maybe Lilah will have the strength to realize she deserves real love. A amazing romance story filled with heartache but so much strength. I was Lilah and I found my Damian so this book really touched my heart and made me ...more
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton
Confessions 3 1_2 Stars

Fragile Scars by Lilian Harris is the first standalone in an interconnected series, Fragile Hearts. It’s also Harris's DEBUT novel! Harris has added a pretty detailed warning so please heed that warning if you have triggers, this book does contain graphic depictions of violence and non-consensual sex. This one is a tough read for most even if you don’t have triggers BUT Fragile Scars brings light to a subject that if often not discussed.

Damian Prescott retired from Delta Forces 4 years ago and
Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
I was granted an ARC from Give Me Books Promo and Lilian Harris for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This book does have graphic domestic violence and verbal aggression. If this is a trigger for you, please don’t read this book.

This was my first read by Lilian Harris and sure as hell won’t be my last. Lilian filled my suspenseful loving heart with a book about two people whose background probably shouldn’t be together, but damn did they have off the chart sexual chemistry
Julie Workman
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg my poor heart.

This book was amazing but it broke me, it pulled at every heart steing, I felt all the hurt, all the anger and sadness and finally all the shock and joy, it truly was a phenomenal read, my first one with this author and now she has me hooked.
Kinkybookreader9
this book as amazing!
you must read it because it talks about a real story that women can face every day in her life. look around and you will know you know one person living with an abusive person but they can't stop that.
i oved how strong Damian was and how he didn't let go of Lilah even she was pushing him away.
and that bastard he deserved what happened to him.
definitely i recommend it
Sophie Ruthven
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
This was a new to me author and one I will definitely be reading more from.
What a heart felt emotional story with a plot and characters that will stick with you for years to come.
You'll never guess that this was the author's debut book.
Prepare to go on a rollercoaster of emotions with every page.
One click now!!
Alexis Markowski
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ll be honest- I don’t usually expect much from romance novels. Minimal plot, one dimensional characters, and some sex. But Fragile Scars is better than that. It has a good plot with some suspense and twists and turns, and the characters are well done. And the sex is pretty steamy. It’s well done- especially considering it’s her first book!! I look forward to reading others.
Natalie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a heartbreaking story. It triggers all sorts of different emotions as you read.

It centres around lilah and Damian. I fell in love with these characters from beginning to end
Lena Dublin
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved!

Damian is a former Delta Force Operator who experienced a tough childhood filled with violence. The scars he carries with him makes him believe he is incapable of love. That he will be like his abusive father. That is until he meets Lilah. She flips his world upside down and makes him believe he can love. The only thing is that she is stuck in an abusive relationship. This takes him
back to his childhood. As an adult he vows to save Lilah from her situation and make her his to care for and
Marnie
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love isn’t painful, violent or cruel

Love feeds the soul, it’s cherishing and it’s wanting to absolutely protect the other at the cost of yourself. That is the love that Damian wants to show a tired and battle worn Lilah who has captured his heart and soul, in spite of the vows he has kept to himself since childhood, and in spite of the life modelled to him by his father. In Fragile Scars, the subject matter is heavy, but the writing is done well, and I adored the chemistry in the connection that
Renee
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher/author to review.

Lilah seems to have it all-a great job and a gorgeous boyfriend, but underneath the perfect exterior are bruises left behind by a monster who claims to love her. Damian has a trouble past of his own. He vows to steer clear of love, that is until he meets Lilah-a woman whose secret is slowly consuming her. One look and he knows they've met before but he doesn't know where. Determined to help her escape the violent relationship she
Jessica Roessler
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my very first book by Lilian Harris, and it absolutely will not be my last!
This story can be a tough read. It touches upon some really tough subjects, such as domestic violence, marital rape/rape, and murder. It isn't overly graphic and disturbing though. I think that Lilian handled these really tough topics gracefully. She brought the reality of a lot of women who have endured domestic violence/rape...etc to life, and I think that its important that she took this tough topic on. The
Amy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. You will go through all the emotions. It's a tough, but great read. Damien is a great book boyfriend and Lilah is such a strong heroine. This is an Insta-Love kind of read. I highly recommend this book.
Alicia Freeman
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lilian Harris has hit a home freaking run with Fragile Scars. Lilah is hiding behind herself from an abusive relationship, until she meets Damain. He wants to help her to find herself again, but he doesn't want to fall in love right now. I can't believe the pure raw emotions that Fragile Scars had me going through. Yes, it really is that good. I can't wait to read the rest of the series when available.
Andrea Morgan
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fragile scars is my first read from this author and it will definitely not be the last!!

Lilian brings a hard to read story to life with a brilliantly written read that has you gripped from the start.
Fall in love with damien as he fights to protect lilah from the one person she should never fear but is all too real this day and age, it's a story full of hurt and heartache ,fear and pain and finding love when you least expect it.

This book is definitely a must read and I cant wait for jax and
Erin Figueiredo
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tragic and Beautiful!

This story will definitely take you on an emotional journey. There are so many ups and downs throughout with lots of very heavy moments that will make your heartache. Lilah and Damian's story is not an easy one to read at times but it is beautiful in a tragic way!

This author knows how to write a story that captivates and entertains her readers. Really great writing and storytelling. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Jill
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Arc copy provided in return for an honest review .

** trigger warning ** This story contains graphic depiction of violence and non-consensual sex.

Ok where do I start ? I like the concept and plot of this story . It tells an important tale of where violent relationships can go .
Both Damien and lilah experience this, but in different forms. Damien when he was a child and lilah as a young adult .

Damien and lilah meet at a bar one night and feel instantly attracted to each other .
One problem is
Cynthia Carpenter
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book put my heart thur the ringer Damian and Lilah both have scars and it not just emotional and physical either. They meet at the most interesting and not at the best time. From one twist and turn to the next these characters will pull you in and not let go. Amazing read that touched my heart and soul and left me breathless.
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was just about to say that Lilian Harris is a new to me author, but after I checked her out, it shocked the hell out of me to realize she's new to everyone! I sure would have NEVER EVER guessed that little tidbit, because Fragile Scars rocked my world! It all starts out with a big event which happened in the hero. Damien's childhood, which shaped him into the man he is. And while he wants a wife & kids desperately someday, he isn't willing to turn into his abusive father for anything. ...more
Sara - Curvy Constellation
Before I start this review I feel the need to give a trigger warning for this book. This story contains graphic violence and sexual assault. Please do not read this book if those are triggers for you.

This book had so much potential, it really did. I enjoyed parts of it, but it didn’t turn out as I thought it would. This book could have been much longer and it should have been. I felt like everything was rushed. If you are not a fan of insta-love books, I'd steer clear from this read. Damien has
Jenny
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book had my emotions everywhere! This is the first book I have read by this author and I definitely plan on reading more in the future.
Bethany McNease
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! My favorite thing about romance is it is an escape. Yes Damian and Lilah's quick connection is unrealistic but I overlooked it for the story. My heart hurt for both of them. I loved the characters and look forward to the next story in the series.
Angie Flanagan
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Oh My Wow! I love loved this book so much!!! I loved everything about it. The characters, the storyline, the writing, just everything. It was so great!
This is Lilians first book, and boy did she set the standards high for herself, and her for her readers.
What a story this was!! An emotional rollercoaster, ups and downs, and just everything else between.
Lilah and Damian meet while out at a bar with their different friends, and HE ends up living across the hall from her!SURPRISE!!!
Lilah is in a
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chase the Butterflies
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Heartless Hero
  • A Secret To The Grave (Detective Parker Bell #1)
  • Winter Wonderland (Detective Parker Bell #2)
  • Dead or Alive (Detective Parker Bell #3)
  • Little Girl Lost (Detective Parker Bell #4)
  • Forgotten (Detective Parker Bell #5)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • What Do You Regret? (What Do You, #2)
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • Christmas Victim (Christmas Romantic Suspense, #3)
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Christmas Hostage
  • Christmas Captive
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • I'll Take Two
  • Kit (Carson Brothers, #1)
For Lilian, a love of writing began with a love of books. From Goosebumps to romance novels with sexy men on the cover, she loved them all. It’s no surprise that at the age of eight she started writing poetry and lyrics, and hasn’t stopped writing since.

She was born in Azerbaijan, and currently resides in Long Island, N.Y. with her husband, two kids, and a dog named Gatorade. Even though she has

Fragile Hearts Standalone Series (3 books)
  • Fragile Lies (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #2)
  • Fragile Pieces (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #3)