Start by marking “Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts, #1)

Fragile Scars

(Fragile Hearts #1)

SOMETIMES THE DEEPEST SCARS ARE THOSE NO ONE SEES.

Damian

I swore I'd never love anyone. But that all changed when I met Lilah, my new neighbor.

One look at her deep blue eyes and shy, teasing smile, and all I want to do is take her in my arms and protect her forever. The attraction between us is undeniable. The passion she stirs in me is like nothing I've ever experienced.
Published October 7th 2019 by Lilian Harris

To ask other readers questions about Fragile Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragile Scars

Start your review of Fragile Scars (Fragile Hearts, #1)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
3 Fragile Stars! 💔
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

I still can't believe this is the author's first book, she totally rocked it! 👏

Damian doesn't do relationships. He grew up in an abusive home where his mother suffered from violence by his father on a daily basis - until she was murdered. 💔
Since, Damian keeps a safe distance from love for fear of becoming a monster like his father...
until he moves next door to Lilah. 😍

📚 "𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣’𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩’𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙙, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨, 𝙞𝙩’𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩. 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙨 𝙖
Beyond The Covers Blog
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly
Fragile Scars did not turn out completely as I expected it to.  Damian grew up in an abusive household where his father killed his mother.  Now at 30 years old, he moves into the apartment across the hall from Lilah, who is currently being abused by her boyfriend.  Damian and Lilah soon begin a bit of a complicated relationship that becomes very intense, very fast.  Damian sees the abuse that Lilah is suffering and does what he can to protect her and get her removed from the situation.  The only ...more
Cmc1218gmail.Com
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved Fragile Scars and being pulled into the lives and secrets of Damian and Lilah. Damian is the PERFECT book boyfriend. Strong yet sensitive... and sexy as hell. Really hoping for a sequel because I need more of them in my life!
Jessie
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this arc in exchange for an honest review.

Sometimes we let other people's darkness dull our light. And they inflict wounds that you cannot see at first glance.

As soon as I ended the epilogue, I knew it would be a book that would provoke many emotions. From anguish to despair, from tears and smiles. The theme of this novel is about domestic violence, contains strong language and non-consensual sexual relations. Without ignoring the forbidden romance, which for some may not be to their
Shannon
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!!! So many emotions ran through me! I fell in love with the all of the characters. Lilian Harris has the ability to suck you in with this book, you’ll finish it and crave more! There’s nothing better than a writer who can put you inside the character’s world. Definitely recommend!!!!
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

Fragile scars is the first book of the FRAGILE HEARTS STANDALONE SERIES , written by Lilian Harris. Told in dual perspectives , this book was one overwhelming tale of love and loss.

This was a new to me author and I absolutely loved her book! I will be looking forward to reading more of her stuff. This book contains triggers that some might not be comfortable with. It contains abuse scenes and all , and if you aren't comfortable with that ,
AnnaPs BookNook
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
A good debut

Not my usual read but i enjoyed this story.
Damien and Lilah make a great story. Both with traumatic pasts, come together and heal each other in their own way.
Such a heart breaking story some of these scenes struck deep.
Triggers a plenty, you have been warned!!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Fragile Scars by Lilian Harris is one of those books that takes you on an emotional journey.

This book was heavy on the angst and had lots of heavy moments. It had some scenes that I'm sure might be hard for some to read due to their graphic nature, but the author warns of this. I knew it going in so wasn't surprised. It was written in such a way that told the horror of what was happening, but also was important to the story. I didn't feel like those scenes were just for shock value.

This book ha
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

Fragile Scars is a MUST read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!

Full review to come
Michele
Fragile Scars is the story of Damian and Lilah. They are both permanently scarred by the impact of domestic violence - albeit in different ways. Fate brings them together when Lilah needs help the most.

When they meet, Damian is instantly attracted to Lilah, but she is in a relationship, so they try to ignore the chemistry between them. However, when Damian starts to figure out that Lilah is suffering at the hands of her current boyfriend, all bets are off. He not only appoints himself as her pr
Sophie Ruthven
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
This was a new to me author and one I will definitely be reading more from.
What a heart felt emotional story with a plot and characters that will stick with you for years to come.
You'll never guess that this was the author's debut book.
Prepare to go on a rollercoaster of emotions with every page.
One click now!!
Paula D
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damian had a very rough childhood and in his eyes doesn’t want a serious relationship because he’s afraid of turning into a monster. Lilah is living in hell but keeps it hidden inside. But when the mystery man Damian becomes her neighbor and protector things start to change and maybe Lilah will have the strength to realize she deserves real love. A amazing romance story filled with heartache but so much strength. I was Lilah and I found my Damian so this book really touched my heart and made me ...more
Heather 'Confessions Of A Bibliophile' Creighton
Confessions 3 1_2 Stars

Fragile Scars by Lilian Harris is the first standalone in an interconnected series, Fragile Hearts. It’s also Harris's DEBUT novel! Harris has added a pretty detailed warning so please heed that warning if you have triggers, this book does contain graphic depictions of violence and non-consensual sex. This one is a tough read for most even if you don’t have triggers BUT Fragile Scars brings light to a subject that if often not discussed.

Damian Prescott retired from Delta Forces 4 years ago and s
Rachel Reads Romance
h: Lilah
H: Damian
(Dual POVs)

Lilah is in an abusive relationship and feels forced to stay with her abuser due to blackmail. Damian spots Lilah and Lexi across the bar and sends them drinks when he sees that Lilah is sad. The next day, Lilah is leaving her apartment when she runs into Damian, who is interested in renting the apartment across the hall.

I’m going to chalk this up to a case of “It’s not you, it’s me”. Unfortunately, I feel like this book just didn’t work for me. It was very, very, ve
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well for a first novel this lady really knows how to make an entrance!!!
This story of Lilah and Damian really packs an emotional punch. Lilah has been living in an abusive relationship for years, desperate to leave, but frightened of the fall out. Her abuser is also blackmailing her so she is completely trapped, unable to see a way to escape without her darkest secrets being revealed to the world.
Then comes a chance meeting in a bar and a new neighbour and suddenly Lilah starts to feel something
Laura Fabian
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Score: 4.5 / 5

Fragile Scars is a book that I enjoy much more than I expected, the story of Damian & Lilah is a roller coaster of emotions, but it’s well worth the trip, the message it transmits is very important and it does it in a proper way.

First of all, I really liked the plot: both main characters have experienced what a violent relationship can do to people's lives, in Damian’s case through of her parents, and Lilah in the day-to-day with her boyfriend Ash. One of the things that I liked th
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 FRAGILE HEART STARS!! Oh my....Lilah and Damian took me on one emotional ride that touched every part of my heart. Their story is tough, but so beautifully told by this author....she speaks to your heart. I am so excited to read the next book in this series....I loved Jax and Lexi in this book....I need their story now.
Live, Laugh, Love
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
The heartache in this story had me in tears, but I was smiling by the end. What a ride!
Clayr Catherall
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a new author for me. It came highly recommended by a good friend of mine. Can’t believe this is a debut novel. It was so good! It had me totally hooked from beginning to end, flipping page after page.

Loved Damian and Lilah’s story. I am so looking forward to the next in this series.
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four "really liked it" stars!

Color me impressed! This book took an incredibly sensitive topic, and showed it from multiple angles (insider, outsider, adult, child). And she showed it respect while doing it. She described the fear of being in a relationship with someone unpredictable and explosive, even had the heroine being more bold with Ash (the abuser) when she was interacting with him from a distance (phone/text). In my limited experience, that's how it was. It was easier to be brave when t
Felicia
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fragile Scars by Lilian Harris is a suspenseful contemporary romance. This is the first book in the Fragile Hearts series. All the books in the series are interconnected standalone romances with a different couple, but past couples and characters do make an appearance in later books.

This book does come with an Authors Note: “This story contains graphic violence and sexual assault, which may not be suitable for some readers.”

This is the first book of Lilian’s that I have read and it definitely
Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
I was granted an ARC from Give Me Books Promo and Lilian Harris for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This book does have graphic domestic violence and verbal aggression. If this is a trigger for you, please don’t read this book.

This was my first read by Lilian Harris and sure as hell won’t be my last. Lilian filled my suspenseful loving heart with a book about two people whose background probably shouldn’t be together, but damn did they have off the chart sexual chemistry
Julie Workman-Bookaholic Sisters Blog
Omg my poor heart.

This book was amazing but it broke me, it pulled at every heart steing, I felt all the hurt, all the anger and sadness and finally all the shock and joy, it truly was a phenomenal read, my first one with this author and now she has me hooked.
Alicia Freeman
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lilian Harris has hit a home freaking run with Fragile Scars. Lilah is hiding behind herself from an abusive relationship, until she meets Damain. He wants to help her to find herself again, but he doesn't want to fall in love right now. I can't believe the pure raw emotions that Fragile Scars had me going through. Yes, it really is that good. I can't wait to read the rest of the series when available. ...more
Foxie_bookaddict
this book as amazing!
you must read it because it talks about a real story that women can face every day in her life. look around and you will know you know one person living with an abusive person but they can't stop that.
i oved how strong Damian was and how he didn't let go of Lilah even she was pushing him away.
and that bastard he deserved what happened to him.
definitely i recommend it
Literary Temptations
FOR-A-FULL-REVIEW-VISIT

MY RATING: 3*
RELEASE DATE: 07 October 2019
CLIFFHANGER: No

ARC was kindly provided for an honest review

This is my first book by this author, and I believe it’s a debut. I really enjoyed it and I really liked the subject matter as dark, tough and sensitive topics are my jam. So, this was right up my street.
Basically, Damien had a rough upbringing full of abuse, heartache, fear and insecurity. After such an experience, a life changing event has bred a fear since his childhood that has held him h
Dana Deanna Holland
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is Lillian's debut, and she hit it out of the park! Lilah has been lying to herself and everyone around her for so long because she is independent and self-reliant. Now though the walls are closing in around her, and she feels like she is smothering. The man who claims to love her is extremely abusive. Damian is an Ex-Delta Force Operative and now runs a security company with his two best friends. They go to their usual bar to have a drink and run into Lilah and Lexi. Damian feels an a ...more
Come_read_with_me_
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Before I start my review I want to state that this book has a lot of triggers such as non-consensual sex, violence, suicide, and emotional abuse.

Lilah has been with her abusive boyfriend for years. Suffering from physical and emotional abuse, Lilah thinks there is no way out. Ash has his hold on her.
Damian comes from an abusive family. His father constantly beat his mother, who eventually killed her. As a result, Damian has taken a vow to never be like his father, that means staying away
Giulia (g_bookishlife)
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
“𝐈’𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭.”⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
First of all, what a great debut this was! Fragile Scars is the first book of the Fragile Hearts series and all the books are interconnected standalone romances. If you have some triggers, please read the author’s note as the book deals with sensitive subject and involves graphic scenes that may not be for everyone.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
Damian had a tough childhood, one that has led him to believe that he would never be able to be in a relationship
Meagan
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it

This was a good read and my first from the author, and I’ll definitely read more of her work. This story follows Lilah and Damian, both of whom are fighting demons of their own. Damian fights demons from his past, scarred by an abusive father that killed his mother. Lilah fights demons in her present, an emotionally and physically abusive boyfriend. This book is their love story, one of overcoming obstacles and fighting for the life you/they want and deserve. Overall this was a sweet ro
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• My Unexpected Vow (California Billionaires #2)
  • Hawk (Dark & Dirty Sinners' MC, #7)
  • Trusting You (Havenport #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Sin (A Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC Series, #3)
  • Forbidden Devil (Nashville Devils #1)
  • Krish (Krish #1)
  • Maverick (Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC Series, #6)
  • A Beauty So Cruel (Beauty & The Beast, #1)
  • What We Deserve (Wishbone Tattoos, #1)
  • The Denial Game (Landry Love, #2)
  • Steel (Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC Series, #4)
  • My Unexpected Serenity (California Billionaires #1)
  • Cruz (Dark and Dirty Sinners’ MC #5)
  • Shaft
  • Fractured Minds
  • Love in Sight
For Lilian, a love of writing began with a love of books. From Goosebumps to romance novels with sexy men on the cover, she loved them all. It’s no surprise that at the age of eight she started writing poetry and lyrics, and hasn’t stopped writing since.

She was born in Azerbaijan, and currently resides in Long Island, N.Y. with her husband, three kids, and a dog named Gatorade. Even though she ha

Fragile Hearts (4 books)
  • Fragile Lies (Fragile Hearts, #2)
  • Fragile Truths (Fragile Hearts, #3)
  • Fragile Pieces (Fragile Hearts, #4)