Start by marking “The Dreamer: A Keepers Story (The Keepers, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Dreamer: A Keepers Story (The Keepers, #0.5)

The Dreamer: A Keepers Story

(The Keepers #0.5)

Kieran, crown prince of Eatos, has everything. And nothing.

The glitter and sparkle of the royal court only serves to conceal a harrowing life and a deep secret that will cost Kieran his title and the love of his family. It’s a secret he thinks he can keep.

But somethings can’t remain hidden.
Published July 28th 2019 by Words that Sparkle

To ask other readers questions about The Dreamer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dreamer

Start your review of The Dreamer: A Keepers Story (The Keepers, #0.5)
♥Milica♥
Kieran, the 126-year-old crown prince of Eatos has been dreaming of a girl from another world for as long as he can remember. That girl happens to be Effie, one of the characters from the Chosen series who has visions of her own.

The prince's family is anything but pleasant. His mother and sister aren't so bad but his father is downright awful. He had Kieran whipped the first time he told him about his dreams and he was just a kid then.

As Kieran's visions get stronger and his father gets more b
Sarah reid
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
when does the next book come out? i believe Ronans story?
Teri
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We've gotten bits and pieces of who Kieran is and where he is from but now we get the heart-wrenching details. The sometimes painful yet emotional story fills in the gaps and gives us more of Kieran. The love of his sister and implied protection from his mother in the end wasn't enough. The dreams and support from an elder is what puts him on this path even at a young age. He becomes more tangible after this read which brings him closer to my heart. I love this series. The action and the parts o ...more
Chasity Nicole
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredible read

I absolutely loved this novel. The world created by Meg Anne is such an immersive world that you're sucked into it so quickly. The descriptions take you to a far off place where what is normal for us, is turned upside down. And the characters are so well rounded that you can't help but fall in love with them and want them to find what their looking for. While others you just dislike because of their actions.
Polly Barreto
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This quick read novella is a prequel to The Keepers series.

Kieran is the crown prince of Eatos and has been desperately trying to keep a secret from his family. However, we all know that eventually all secrets will be revealed.

Loved the insight into Kieran and the why/how he became the man he is in the rest of the Keepers series.

Highly recommend this series!!
Rose Marie
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Um

It feels like the author has a more amusing and riveting version in her head and her fingers typed out a watered down version. A few chuckles, but I wasn't able to empathize with the main character as much as I would have liked to.
Lyndsey Gollogly
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it
A really good start to what will hoped be a really good series I do enjoy Meg Anne’s books!
Atlanta Whitlock
If you have read The Chosen Series by Meg Anne, then you are seriously going to want to get your hands on this book. The Dreamer is part of a series which is a spin off from The Chosen, so if you really enjoyed reading those books, then this is the book for you. I have always loved Meg’s writing because it is so unique and special, it’s not something that you see every day and plus, Meg can put her own spin on pretty much everything that she creates. Yet again, this book is an example of how tru ...more
Lissette
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For as long as he can remember, Kieran's dreams have told him more than he's ever wanted to know. So much so, that it's a cause for contention with those he loves. Determined to make sense of what he's constantly been seeing, he confides in the one person he never thought he'd divulge his secrets to. To his surprise, he's found an ally and a beloved confidante. He won't rest until he uncovers the secrets of his soul by any means necessary.

A wonderful beginning to The Keepers series, we're given
Izzybear
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the The Dreamer when it was part of the Of Thrones and Crowns boxset. It’s a great set up for Kieran and Effie’s story. I was more than excited to read more about Effie. I’ve liked her since she was first introduced in The Chosen series. She’s such a strong and wonderful character. I haven’t decided how I feel about Kerian yet. He’s an interesting fellow and it seems like he might be a character I could possibly really like.
I look forward to reading more about Effie and Kerian in the comi
Carla
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carla's Five Star Review

This is a prequel to the Keeper's Legacy series, and if you haven't read the first book in this amazing series, this is the perfect place to start! This quick and enjoyable read gives you some background on the main characters, Kieran and Effie. Heck, even if you are like me and have already read book one, this is still a great read! Meg Anne is one of my most favorite authors! Her words will draw you into a magical world you never want to leave!

Keep them coming, Meg Anne
Teri
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paula Albert
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We meet Kieran, Prince of Eatos, who has had visions for as long as he can remember. He has Seen Effie many times and has come to believe that the two of them are meant to be together. Kieran leaves behind his family, friends and the only life he has ever known to find Effie and join her as a Keeper.

Kieran is steadfast in his feeling that Effie is his and you can’t help but love and admire his diligence as he learns who she is and searches for her.

I received a free copy of this book via Bookspr
Ashley Shvetsova
This sweet, fast read provided amazing insight to a very prominent charter of the series and a better understanding of things that are to come. The story also gave us background on how Kieran came to be the man he is. I enjoyed the great details the author threaded between this book and the first of the series. I feel this this book can be read at anytime in the series. Overall I quite enjoyed it and am eager for the next books of the series.
Book Addict
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a heart wrenching prequel to The keepers series that really helps the reader understand who Kieran is and where he gone from! Why he thinks that Effie is meant for him. This is a great book to start this series off and it really helps to get the reader excited to read more! Meg Anne really knows how to grab the reader by the heart, entice them and drag them into a unique and complicated world while leaving you excited for more!
Theresa Scerbo
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dreamer

First, I read this after I finished reading The Keepers Legacy, I’d recommend reading this one first as I feel it provides really great insight into Kieran’s background, and I definitely feel more of a connection with Kieran now. We learn who Kieran was/is, the sacrifices that he makes and why he chooses his path. Enjoyable and well-written, looking forward to the rest in this series.
bookgeek607
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read other series by Meg, and loved them. So when I had a chance to start a series from the prequel, I took it. In all honesty I’m hooked and have to go download the others in the series now. I don’t see how you couldn’t be with emotional ups and Downs that pull you in with this novella. I can’t not wait to find out what happens next. Meg knows how to pull you in keep you engaged to the very last page, trust me I didn’t get anything else done until the end.
Bookish
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A prequel, this story gives a glimpse at Kieran prince of Eatos and his world. Kieran dreams of Effie, a character we first meet in the Chosen series, but he doesn't understand why. A great start to a new series. I'm a little bias because I love everything that Meg Anne writes but regardless of that this novella was captivating and really well written. I cannot wait to get more.
Aneesa Bhayat
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excellent-books
Wow, simply WOW. The story of Keiran is heart-breaking and has you rooting for the this “poor” prince in one moment and in the next moment you want to slap him silly!!! He’s arrogant but in a charming way and you just can’t help but fall for this guy!
This is the pre-quell to the Keepers Story and herein we learn what a Keeper is. Fantastic story. Read it in once go!
Shelly Wygant
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kieran, crown prince of Eatos, has everything. And nothing. As he struggles with a secret he starts too question who he is and his future. This was a short fast paced read. But don't let that fool you it was packed with action, secrets, lies, deceit and longing. Kieran discovers who he is and must make a hard decision. Strong characters that will have you coming back for more
Gillian
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A unique storyline that had me intrigued enough to immediately order the first full length novel in the series when I finished The Dreamer. Kieran must decide his path as the prince of his land, following his father's orders and expectations or his own fate based only on reoccurring dreams and a wise old man's words.
Heather
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great insight into Kieran’s life before he came to the Citadel. He’s been dreaming about Effie for a long time and explains why he is so obsessed with her. It doesn’t excuse his behavior but shows he was a nice guy at some point.
I received an ARC from the author. This is my honest review.
Sarah Daneen
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read other books by this author and loved them. So when I saw this I had to read it.
I would recommend reading this one first before starting on book one since it gives a better insight into Kieran's character and background. You get a better picture about him and why he went down a particular road.
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dreamer: A Keepers Story by Meg Anne is a wnderful story to read. This is book 0 in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I have loved reading very much. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading stories about paranormal romances and fantasy.

Tanya
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He is the crown Prince so he has everything but he has nothing at all. There is a secret he needs to keep and he will no matter what. There is just one problem, some secrets can not stay hidden no matter what. What is the secret? How will it affect him? See what the secret is

Heather
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a prequel to The Keepers series. I read the first book before having a chance to read this prequel and it was nice to see where Kieran came from and his background. Overall it was a quick read with wonderful writing. 4.5 stars
Heather Ambrose
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great prequel. I had already learned about Kieran and his talents in Book 1 of the Keepers series. It was great to see exactly how it happened for him and how it got him to where he is now in the series.
Kristina Enriquez
At first I was pleasantly confused. I loved this novella. I always wondered how keirian fell so hard for Effie. This background into him was perfect.

Ser Aphim
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This prequel gives some great backstory to Kieran. It definitely goes a long way to setting up the first book in the series! It's impressive that he's searching so hard to find his love, and what he sacrifices in order to find her is very much worthy.
Reading with 2 book lovers
This was a good story by this author. I devoured this in a day

• Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • Reaper Reborn (The Grimm Brotherhood, #3)
  • The Monster Ball Year 2: (A Paranormal Romance Anthology)
  • Fate of Fire (Dragon's Gift: The Forbidden Fae #2)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Mint Freeze (Haret Chronicles Qilin: Sugar Bites, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • Queen of Light (Dragon's Gift: The Forbidden Fae #3)
  • Crown of Fire (Dragon's Gift: The Forbidden Fae #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Piece of Qilin (Haret Chronicles: Qilin, #7)
  • Spirit of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #4)
  • Shadow Touched (The Veil Keeper #1)
  • Dream Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #1)
  • Trial by Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae  #1)
  • Piece of Vampire (Haret Chronicles: Qilin, #6)
International Bestselling Author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Creator of #MenByMeg. Glitter Addict. Taco Enthusiast. Lip Sync Battle Champion.

Meg loves to write about sassy heroines and the men that love them. She is best known for her adult fantasy romance series The Chosen, which can be found on Amazon.

STAY UPDATED
Newsletter: https://megannewrites.com/newsletter/
Facebook: https://www.faceb

The Keepers (3 books)
  • The Keeper's Legacy (The Keepers #1)
  • The Keeper's Retribution (The Keepers #2)
  • The Keeper's Vow: A Chosen Novel (The Keepers Book 3)