Start by marking “Marriage Unarranged” as Want to Read:
Marriage Unarranged

Marriage Unarranged

‘Chick Pea Curry’ Lit, Chick Lit with an Indian twist

It all started ended with that box…

Aashi’s life was all set.

Or so she thought.

Like in the Bollywood films, Ravi would woo her, charm her family and they’d get married and live happily ever after.

But then Aashi found the empty condom box...

Putting her ex-fiancé and her innocence behind her, Aashi embarks upon an

ebook, 1, 378 pages
Published February 9th 2020 by RBW Books

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Unarranged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Unarranged

Start your review of Marriage Unarranged
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
I have been dying to read this book for ages, ever since Ritu told me at the last Blogger’s Bash that she was writing it! So when she asked me if I wanted to read it I jumped at the chance!

When I got my copy, I do what we all do went on to Goodreads and marked it as Currently Reading and I checked out how many pages and then I panicked! Because I thought that is a lot! Will I like it? Will it drag? Because according to Goodreads it’s nearly 400 pages!

However!!! And it is a HUGH HOWEVER!! Do not
M.J. Mallon
Shelves: blog-tour, favorites
Well, I loved Marriage Unarranged so much I read it twice. Lol. It’s quite a long book!

I read it for the first time as a beta reader with an ARC and then again for this review. Everything about this engaging romance appealed to me: the characters, the cultural aspects, the little touches of humour, the Asian family dynamics, the beautiful and informative descriptions of India, (I’ve never been, but it has always been forever on my bucket list,) This story
Kristine Brown
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marriage Unarranged is probably one of the best "Getting Over a Breakup" stories I've ever come across. Culturally rich and emotionally captivating, it's a story that inspires us to find and refine our best qualities, to get back up off scraped knees when life knocks us down. From the first sentence, I was hooked. This novel, though written in lush prose, reads quickly, and deserves to be re-read in years to come.

Ritu Bhathal's debut novel is flavorful, spunky, and smart. You're bound to
S.C. Skillman
This story provides a fascinating insight into the close network of Indian Sikh families in the UK (Punjabi Birmingham). Our heroine Aashi, betrayed by her fiancé, breaks off her marriage plans and then has to face the challenge of the varied reactions of her parents and family, her fiancé's parent and family - and the rest of the Sikh community so closely connected to them via the local Gurdwara. Written in a breezy, light tone, this is a delightful story which follows Aashi, her 2 protective ...more
Colleen M. Chesebro
Aashi is getting married! She envisions herself dressed in different bridal outfits, and she feels like a princess… until she turns up at Ravi’s house. The door is answered by Nishi, a drop-dead gorgeous co-worker of Ravi who leaves abruptly with Aashi’s arrival.

Aashi is a lovely young woman, the kind any man would be thrilled to marry. She’s a bit naïve, but still gives Ravi, the man of her dreams, the benefit of the doubt… until she discovers the empty condom box. His betrayal is a stab to her
Debbie Harris
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! I have known Ritu as a blogger for years and enjoyed meeting her a few years ago at the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards in London, so it was always going to be a book for me to read, if only to support a fellow blogger! But it turned out to be far more enjoyable than I anticipated :) It's also been my first 5 star read for 2020 and I don't give them out willy-nilly!

The story was captivating, contemporary and realistic with the characters well drawn. I wasn't prepared for how
Lucy Mitchell
Fabulous!

If you are looking for an uplifting romance plot, a great cast of characters, a good sprinkling of humour and a glimpse of true India – this book is for you!

My heart went out to the main character Aashi. Her broken engagement is heartbreaking to read and I wanted to reach inside the book and hug her.

The trip to India with her best mate and her brothers is inspired as its during this trip Aashi starts to find herself. This book is crammed with vivid descriptions of true India and I
Willow Willers
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book by Ritu Bhathal is so good that I have read it twice. I simply fell in love with Ashi within the first page. She starts out an innocent abroad but as the story progresses she blossoms into a fully rounded and beautiful woman. Every character in this book leaps off the page and it is like watching a film unfolding in front of you.
After a shock discovery and a broken engagement Ashi and her two brothers and her best friend set off to India on a life changing holiday. They meet a really
Mae Wagner
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story! Being a lover of Bollywood, and Indian culture, I was beyond excited for Ritu’s book to finally arrive.

It did not disappoint! All I can say is that I can’t wait for more!
Hashina
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!!
Just like East is East captured the difficulty of western /Asian relationships I found this book to be brilliantly funny and so true with the Asian quirks and expectations that I have also grown up with.
Loved how everyone had a voice and a story themselves and look forward to reading the future chapters for everyone's lives!!!
Patrick Elsey
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
The store itself is very interesting it just kind of suffers in it's shifting narrative
Izzie d
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting story.
Multiple POV.
Closed door bedroom scene from the cheating ex.
HEA on its way.

• The New Asylum: a memoir of psychiatry
  • Apartment Six
  • Through the Nethergate
  • And Then She Shines: A Collection of Novelettes
  • Mindfulness Books Set: Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world and The Little Book of Mindfulness)
  • Rewrite the Stars
  • The Magisters: Book One
  • Tea, Anyone? (A Brooke & Abby Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Dragon Hunters (The Chronicles of the Exile, #2)
  • Space Dust
  • Broken Mirror and Other Morbid Tales
  • Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom
  • The Seven Rules of Elvira Carr
  • Italian Summer with the Single Dad
  • Life’s Rich Tapestry: Woven in Words
  • Smalltown Boy (Soho Noir, #6)
Ritu Bhathal was born in Birmingham in the mid-1970's to migrant parents, hailing from Kenya but with Indian origin. This colourful background has been a constant source of inspiration to her.
From childhood, she always enjoyed reading. This love of books is mostly credited to her mother.
The joy of reading spurred her on to become creative in her own writing, from fiction to poetry.
Winning little