Start by marking “First Edition Murder” as Want to Read:
First Edition Murder

First Edition Murder

When a lavish wedding reception ends with a bang of the gruesome kind, caterer Sandie James must turn amateur detective to save her dad from prison.

For Sandie James, fresh out of graduate school with a degree in Literature, employers arent exactly lining up. To make ends meet, she works at her sisters bakery in their cozy little corner of uptown Brooklyn. When a customer
Published July 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about First Edition Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Edition Murder

Start your review of First Edition Murder
Barbara Hackel
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this fast moving murder story with a lot of close family concerns within. Characters were well developed and believable. I loved how the detective brother treated his sister as an equal instead of going ballistic about her "interfering" as happens in many books. Well written with plenty of suggestive leads (ok, red herrings) and interesting side stories. I am delighted the second book is already available, because I definitely need to see where things go next! There is a ...more
Jean Hall
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written story and likeable characters.
Sue
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Sandie James is back in town and helping her sister with a catering gig for a very lavish wedding reception. All goes well until her dad barges in and picks a fight with the brides ex-husband over a rare book. It appears they both had bid earlier in the day on a first edition Raymond Chandler mystery and her dad was outbid. This frustrates him as this is the second time that he has been outbid for a rare book by the same gentlemen.

Things go from bad to worse when later in the evening the
Krystyna
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pride comes before a fall

A really good read just a shame that I pegged the real culprit from the beginning. Wasn't sure how they had done it but was positive I had the right person. But the plot was well crafted and had some great twists and turns to it as well as a good supply of suspects and all with a motive that could have very well turned them into a killer. The characters are as varied as the seasons and meld well into the storyline making it come alive.
Since she finished her degree she's
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, mystery
This is the first mystery that I have read by this author, and I am glad to have found her. Even though this book is relatively short for mystery, the author still managed to surprise me with the ending. That doesn't happen often, so I enjoy it when it does! I like the way the author described scenes and settings. I felt like I was in the room with the main character. The characters were well drawn and feel like real people. I loved being in the head of the main character. She is completely ...more
Jodi Sweet
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was able to get into this book right away. The writing flowed and the characters were very real lifelike to me. Especially Sandie, who had the issues with wear heels and her feet hurting. I cannot wear heels either! With a family member being blamed for a murder, she jumps right in to prove his innocence. My only issue with the book was when the author put in that the only reason a 50 year old would have to make a will was for health reasons. If a person has children then a will should be the ...more
Patricia Gligor
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading "First Edition Murder," the first book in the Sandie James Cozy Mystery series, by Tessa Kelly. The book had all the elements of a first-rate cozy mystery: an intriguing plot, a realistic setting and, most important to me, a likeable main character. The author did a great job of providing readers with several suspects and, although I had my suspicions, I didn't know "whodunit" until the end of the book.
Pat Eroh
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful and fun cozy mystery with to protagonist just helping her sister provide a cake for a wedding. Of course, a murder must happen and her father now needs her help. You could read all of that under the title (sorry). I loved this story because I love the characters and it is written so well! I am looking forward to Book 2.

Mary
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I found the characters very realistic and the story was well written. The family relationships rang very true. There were enough twists and turns to keep me guessing until the end.

Cheryl
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series and the first time reading this author. The main character is Sandie and her dad is suspected of murder. Sandie and her brother Will , who is a cop , try to figure out what really happened. But before they get to far someone else is killed. Can she figure out who the real killer is and what really happened ?
Laney Kaye
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to read an ARC of this delightful cozy mystery. The characters are well-fleshed out, and there's enough romantic intrigue (with two potential contenders!) to make me hope there's a second book on it's way soon!

Oh, and no...I didn't guess whodunnit!

A great new addition to the genre, I'll be eager to read more of Ms Kelly's work!

GENEVIEVE HAYES
rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2020
Rosalyn Dittmer
Oct 21, 2019

• Coffee and Crime (Cup of Jo Book 0)
  • The Lilac Code: The Sisters, Texas Mystery Series Book 7
  • Blizzard in the Bay (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #8)
  • The Thanksgiving Trip (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery, #5)
  • The Brim Reaper: A Samantha Kidd Humorous Mystery
  • Oven Baked Secrets  (Eugeena Patterson Mysteries, Book 2)
  • Pancakes and Poison (A Traveling Town Mystery Book 1)
  • Then There Were Nun (Nun of Your Business Mysteries, #1)
  • Buyer, Beware: A Samantha Kidd Humorous Mystery
  • Some Like It Haute: A Samantha Kidd Humorous Mystery
  • Pearls Gone Wild (Samantha Kidd Mystery #6)
  • Jam Up and Jelly Fright (The Jelly Shop Mysteries Book 2)
  • Posies and Poison (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #1)
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Proof in the Photo
  • Sit for a Spell (The Kitchen Witch, #3)
  • A Stab in the Dark (Whodunit Antiques #2)
A former teacher with a degree in French, Tessa spent several years living in an uptown Brooklyn neighborhood, frequenting its many cafes and coffee shops and getting to know it from the inside and out. During her undergrad years, she has worked at a bakery just like the one depicted in her novel, where she developed a lifelong fondness for cheesecake brownies.

These days, when not writing, she