Start by marking “Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)

Downfall

(Kingdoms of Sin #1)

I was naïve to think my marriage to Luka Catano might work.
I was infatuated with him from afar…
Until I met him.
He loved the challenge of his next conquest, anyone would do...
Except me.
A wife was never something he wanted.

Torturous was not a strong enough word to describe how I felt when I was in a room with Luka. Besides hating nearly every word that came out of his mouth,
Published October 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Downfall, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sunshine
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
Ellie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 “I’m Yours” Stars!
(ARC provided by Wildfire Marketing Solutions)

-“This mouth is my downfall. You are my downfall. I’m willing to dive headlong into oblivion as long as you’re on the other side.”

photo 3414A625-1B9B-4B9E-9B75-7E33C16AFB52_zpsl0necej0.jpg

Eden Safrin is the princess of Farrow. A strikingly beautiful, elegant, innocent royal who was raised and groomed to be the perfect wife, and one day a queen. She's headed to Kings Passage University in Pravia where students from around the world get their education. It's a place for higher learni
Syndi
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I am such in dilemma giving a rating to this book. Like many other readers, i am appaled at the idea of cheating. Even after the hero and the heroine gets married. I was at 2 stars when I found out Luca cheating during the beginning of his marriage. Even it is marriage of convinience.

Oh and I can not stand the heroine, Amelia. She is such a doormat. Worse, spoil, needy doormat. She feels sorry for herself at the beginning of the story.

Then the plot and twist reveal. Since there is no POV from
Sunshine
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
NOT A SAFE BOOK

CHEATER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The H cheats on the h once they get married, that's not
the worse part, he cheats on her after he finds out he
loved her. He literally sleeps with the OW, even though
he knew he was in love with the h. And to top it off,
the stupid idiot took him back EVERY TIME without
so much as a grovel.

Jewel Ann
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow writes the best characters—ones you love and ones that make you crazy. Downfall had so much push and pull, conflict, and angst. Royal madness!
I loved that she pushed the boundaries with this relationship and didn't play it safe with my heart. Five phenomenal stars for this unputdownable masterpiece!
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-top-fave
High angst, off the charts chemistry and an unforgettable cast of characters... this is Willow at her very best!

PREORDER TODAY! Coming Oct 17th!!!
Amazon US: http://bit.ly/Downfall-US
Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/Downfall-UK
Amazon CA: http://bit.ly/Downfall-CA
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/Downfall-AU
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/Downfall-WillowAster
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
2.5 STARS

I really loved the concept behind Downfall and I've also been a huge Willow Aster fan since the beginning. So there was no question of whether or not I'd be diving head first into this royal romance. It sounded exactly like my cup of tea. So I was devestated that I struggled to connect with these characters for the majority of the book.

My issues are solely with the execution of the story. The plot itself is refreshing and angsty, it just wasn't fleshed out the way I needed it to be. I
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG! THIS BOOK. THIS FREAKING BOOK.

I loved it.
I hated it.
I wanted to throw my kindle against the wall.

And OMG! I LOVE feeling like this. This is the good kind of conflicted. This is the I FEEL SO MANY THINGS conflicted. And let me tell you…. The angst, the hero, will make you feel crazy. LMAO! I mean, I have NO WORDS for Luka. I’m still processing all of his drama.

But honestly, this story was like a drug. I started reading and I couldn’t put it down. I read it in less than a day. It was so i
Ceara
Oct 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have come to the conclusion that female authors who write cheating "heroes" and have the heroine forgive them (usually pretty easily with no grovel) are writing from their own experiences. That's the only possible way they can romanticize cheating and sex with other women.

So thanks Willow Aster for letting us know through your books that your husband has cheated on you.
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Overall, I read this in one day cause that’s how good I couldn’t put it down.

4.5 stars for the angst the annoyance and the frustrations. I’ll have to say this, but I think this is my second book by this author and I’m actually pleased that this one really gave me the feels.

What to expect from this story is about two people that are brought together by an arranged marriage, but be prepared for Luka and Eden for what you would expect is not love and flowers but secrets, lies, I call it cheating,
Amy Kulas
Left me disturbed

I really liked this book, storyline characters, but I just can't get passed the fact that Luca (Watch out SPOILER!!!).....
Still slept with Nadia, even if it was "supposedly" for a greater good. I just felt that part could have been eliminated from the story. I just can't get past that if you 'truly" love someone you could intentionally sleep with someone else. It didn't matter that he apologized, at that point, the romance was gone for me, and quite frankly Eden even gave in too
Lu Bielefeld
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
===========
“How does it feel to only be seen as the uterus of a future prince?” he asks.

“I’m guessing you’re used to being the most beautiful girl in the room. You are very pretty,” he whispers, “but take a look around… you’re just one of many here.”

It doesn’t take long to spot Luka. He’s the one surrounded by all the beautiful girls. A few princesses that I recognize— the paparazzi has hounded all of us since we were born— and a couple of other girls that I don’t.

I want him to come c
Talon
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Love breaks you apart and puts you back together. It wouldn’t really be love if it didn’t.”

I will admit it to everyone right here and right now-- at first I was very skeptical about this book. I wasn't as excited as I typically am with a Willow Aster book. The cover is one that I am not normally drawn to nor do I ever read a lot of books that involve "ab" covers but I will also admit to every one after saying that, that this book and the inside of it is SO much more than what is on the cover.

T
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My cherry popper form Willow, who I met in virginia this past summer. She's warm and gracious and writer of unique reads. This story is about promises and family honors.
Luka Catano of Niaps is an entitled Prince. His demeanor is arrogant and authoritative to say the least and he loves to play the field like a true spoiled prince.
His bride to be is Eden Safrin of Farrows.
Both are unwilling participants and looks to me as sacrificial lambs being led to the slaughter.
Eden is a girl and naturally s
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

This is the third book I read by this author, the first one I couldn't finish so I DNF'ed it, and the second I rated 3 stars. However, I wanted to give this author another try because of the burb of the book. I love the arranged marriage trope, and especially in a contemporary setting. That was the main reason I decided to read this book. It started out really strong. I liked that Luka was a bit of an asshole, and who can really blame him, he is b
Amy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
What is it with this author and cheating?
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Oh, the level of angst in this book is exactly what I needed and I can always count on Willow Aster to bring it.

Downfall has some of my favorite tropes: marriage of convenience, new adult kind of romance and royals. Also, did I mentin it has lots o angst??! I so appreciate that, because finding real angsty romances has been hard lately.

I am so glad I got to read this book, because it gave me all the chills I like when I read a great boo
Nicole Patterson
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was so unexpected. Plays out in our time. But has prince's and princesses and diff countries. It was hot and steamy. Strong female character. Sexy male character. 4.5/5 I was given this as an arc copy for an honest review. And it was a great book.
Sbell
Oct 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
SPOILERS.....SPOILERS.....SPOILERS........
I soo wanted to love this book, and in the
beginning I did. Ms. Aster creates a kingdom,
and I loved it. Both Eden and Luka intrigued
me and I just wanted more. Luka was so
bad and that is what drew me to him.
I wanted to read more, I wanted to
see what made him tick. I liked Eden too.
She was put in a position that most would
not be able to handle and I think she
did it well. Until.....we find out that Luka
has been cheating on Eden. So okay, I
get past that. I w
Chelsea
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars!

I must say that I was a bit disappointed with this book. Although it does promise to be an angsty read, it kind of felt choppy.. frustrating? Yes.

In the end, I cannot stomach what he did, even if his intentions were good. I don't know if I could live with it. I mean, come on, there are other ways!

In my opinion, this wasn't Ms Aster's best work... but still, I would read her work in the future.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Jen
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book crack!! Willow Aster is a writing goddess and Downfall had me sucked in from start to finish. I loved Luka and Eden’s story. Filled with angst, fantastic writing, and heat, you won’t want to put it down! Loved it!!
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I read this book in one sitting. It isn't your typical Willow Aster book, it is a new direction for her and I am loving it. Even with the new direction though, there are elements of the book that are so Willow. She has such a way with words and I absolutely love her writing. Now that I have calmed down from the excessive angst and heart palpitations, I am able to write this review. First of all, Luka was a jerk. I wanted to punch him so many times in the face that I lost count. While I understan ...more
Ana Laura
These people who call themselves "authors" could just stop embarrassing themselves with this garbage. I won't even waste my time with a review because that would be to value something that just doesn't have any.
Lien
Oct 12, 2019 marked it as pass
Please don't be a doormat heroine 🙏
Courtney
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

So this is a tough one to rate for me - on one hand I love the idea of this story and the series, but these particular characters did not win me over.

Downfall is the first book in Willow Aster's next series, Kingdoms of Sin. Each book is to be a complete standalones with inter-connecting characters. This book is definitely a standalone as there is no cliffhanger but it also introduces many secondary characters and gives you a glimpse of how everyone is connected.

This series is set wh
Anne Milne
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
When I read the blurb I immediately added this to my tbr. An arranged royal marriage sounded right up my street but sadly it didn't live up to my expectations.

For me to enjoy a book I have to connect to the characters on some level but they both left me feeling angry and frustrated. Luka is hateful I found nothing likeable in him. He was rude arrogant and came across as entitles manipulative and dismissive. Eden was weak I kept waiting for the moment when she would realise he own worth and stan
Kalie Phillips
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favs-of-2019
5 stars? 10 stars! ALL THE STARS!

Willow has outdone herself!!! I am completely blown away!!!

It’s no secret I am a huge fan of Willow’s work, so I expected to love this, but, you guys she absolutely hit it out of the park with this one!!!

I devoured it, I couldn’t turn pages fast enough and I absolutely could not put it down until I was done, which happened to be at 3am and it was so worth the sleep loss!

The angst!! Oh the angst!! I wanted to punch Luka in the face 90% of the time, all while fa
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
I LOVED this story!
This was my first book from Willow Aster and I absolutely loved her writing style.

Downfall is an arranged marriage between two royal families. Yes! A Prince and a Princess from different countries.
Luka is kind of a jerk in the beginning. I hated him and then I loved him and hated him some more and ended loving him even more!
The angst and sexual tension between them is incredible and only a strong female character like Eden would win Luka's heart!

There's intrigue and suspense
Jessa
This is one of those books that you read while angrily shoving popcorn in your mouth. Like, I couldn’t look away from the drama but I was also mad about it. Does it deserve 4 stars even though the plot is a little ridiculous and the hero is super questionable? I don’t know. But the fact that I couldn’t look away or stop reading at all made the choice for me. All I ask is to be entertained and it delivered.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Enemies
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers, #1)
  • Marriage of Convenience (The Raven Brothers #1)
  • Pour Judgment
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality, #1)
  • No Prince
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • The Island
Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles. She is also half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and hate it and can't live without it. My home is in St. Paul, MN with my husband, two kids, and our rescue dog.

Join me on my website: http://www.willowaster.com/

Join

Kingdoms of Sin (4 books)
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin, #3)
  • Pride (Kingdoms of Sin, #4)

News & Interviews