Start by marking “Innovate Inside the Box: Empowering Learners Through UDL and the Innovator's Mindset” as Want to Read:

Every educator faces constraints—from budget restrictions to predetermined curriculum to “one-size-fits-all” mandatory assessments. The question is, how can you, as a teacher or administrator, ensure that regulations and limitations don’t impede authentic learning?

In Innovate Inside the

Kindle Edition
Published August 11th 2019 by IMPress

To ask other readers questions about Innovate Inside the Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innovate Inside the Box

Start your review of Innovate Inside the Box: Empowering Learners Through UDL and the Innovator's Mindset
Melissa
It was a whirlwind 4 weeks of a Facebook book study with both authors, but well worth it. I'm sure I will go back and reread sections as things come up that I want to refer to. I'm hoping to use this as a book study with my own group of Innovators next Fall! If you are connected to education in any way, I'd highly recommend you read this book.

"The answer to creating innovative teaching and learning opportunities lies within you.
Every educator faces constraints—from budget restrictions to
Sarah Fromhold
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just When I Thought It Couldn't Get Better...

George comes back with Katie Novak to provide practical ways teachers can implement an Innovator's Mindset with students. The final two chapters were my favorite, wrapping up the book with advice for all educators.
Michelle
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoy everything by George Couros, but I loved every word that Katie Novak added. This is a great one for all educators and parents to read.
Paul Signorelli
Sometimes a book can be much more than what rests upon its pages. It can be a catalyst. A meeting place. An invitation to engage in reflective learning. And the center of a community that forms when each of us, through our own reactions and interactions with the book and other readers, end up producing our own individual, highly-personalized versions of that book—which is exactly the sort of multilevel, potentially transformative experience that George Couros and Katie Novak have produced ...more
Tamij
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed the stories that Couros shares in this book, as well as practical ideas to use in the classroom. Both Couros and Novak focus on Universal Design Learning within this book, which I found interesting to learn about.
Kris Patrick
Would have liked more Katie, less George.
Dan Richards
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
George Couros does it again! Another great book educators can use immediately to improve their school culture and leadership.
Jay Clark
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for educators ... easy to read, lots of examples and narratives. Many of our staff members are reading this after hosting George in our district this fall and they've only had positive feedback.
Stella Pollard
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the real life examples that were infused with the learning content. I love how the authors shed light on what it means to be innovative within the classroom and how we can get kids to think differently. Thanks for the learning!
Bryan
Melissa Nordstrom
Oct 07, 2019
Scott Fillner
Dec 02, 2019

• A Passion for Kindness: Making the World a Better Place to Lead, Love, and Learn
  • Personal & Authentic: Designing Learning Experiences That Impact a Lifetime
  • Culturize: Every Student. Every Day. Whatever It Takes.
  • I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame
  • Dare to Lead
  • Move Your Bus: An Extraordinary New Approach to Accelerating Success in Work and Life
  • The Secret Commonwealth (The Book of Dust, #2)
  • Just Ask!: Be Different, Be Brave, Be You
  • The Crossover
  • Stargazing
  • The Water Dancer
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Resistance
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • White Bird
  • Guts
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • Enrique's Journey: The Story of a Boy's Dangerous Odyssey to Reunite with His Mother
“No matter what you teach, your students aren’t likely to remember every lesson, but they will remember how you spoke and acted toward them and how you made them feel. There is no getting around the fact that your actions and words are so important. That’s true for everyone, but if you are in education, it’s something that cannot be understated or forgotten. Your words—whether harsh, inspiring, degrading, or kind—can stick with people for the rest of their lives. Don’t ever forget that.” 0 likes