Start by marking “Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)” as Want to Read:
Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)

Photographing the Dead

(Nameless #2)

A self-styled artist is getting away with murder in Death Valley. If all goes well, so will Nameless. In part two of the Nameless series, the relentless avenger is haunted by nightmares of the past and visions of what’s to come.

Palmer Oxenwald’s hunting ground is the Mojave wasteland. His victims are random tourists and hikers. His trophies are cherished photographs of the

Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about Photographing the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Photographing the Dead

Start your review of Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
Char
This was not quite as good as the first. However, I'm still interested in Nameless' background and I shall continue on.
Dante
Nov 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: thriller
"I don't have a home just a mission".
Jim C
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second short story that is part of a series by Dean Koontz and I believe it is only available through Amazon. In this one, Nameless (yeah that is his name) is sent out again to stop an evil sociopath. Once again, Nameless is backed by an organization that has fountains of knowledge and funds that the authorities do not have.

I have to say that I did enjoy this book much more than the first offering and now I am definitely intrigued by this series. The first book was set up as we get
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! This one had a very fitting end, I was quite pleased. :) There's also a tiny peek into what I think *maybe* might a bit of Nameless's own past. We shall see.

Another excellent narration by Edoardo Ballerini, who is new to me as reader, but he sets the perfect tone for Nameless.
Obsidian
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This one was just okay too. I think I am getting a bit disappointed since Nameless doesn't really need to go toe to toe with the bad guys. They end up caught, he with help disposes of them. We get some clues to his past in this one. I wish all of the bad guys didn't have some weird God complex. The first two in this series sound similar.

"Photographing the Dead" has Nameless hunting down another serial killer. This one gets off by photographing the men and women he comes across and kills.
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Photographing the Dead
Nameless, Book 2
By: Dean Koontz
Narrated by: Edoardo Ballerini
I love the way the story unfolds and I especially love the ending!
Great narration!
Sheila Beaumont
The second book in the "Nameless" series, even better than the first.
Shalini
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This pulled me in as Nameless continued his drive for bestowing justice on killers and abusers in the most just manner.
I liked when some parts of his memories returned which gave me an idea of what could have been his personal life.
This book left me eager to get to book 3
A vigilante who was part psychic too
Armand Rosamilia
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another quick and fun read, Nameless is a great character and I love how meticulous he is when it comes to the next mission. I could read a hundred of these, and I hope someday I'll get to!
FanFiAddict
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
More of a 3.5+, but another enjoyable entry in the collection.
Dee Cherry
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part 2 kept me reading to see how this villain would meet his end. Mild suspense, good ending
Chris Snider
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great new series by Dean. It's kind of like reading one book in 6 parts? I wonder if he WILL do a full novel with Nameless?
Christina
Lacking in comparison to the first book

I had hoped for more insight on Nameless’s past or more information on his power but there was very little in comparison to book one. I found the villain’s sexual arousal to violence quite cringe-worthy, I know it’s clearly not meant
to be normal but I feel like it was not written well. I also did not like how Nameless decided to interact/confront the antagonist multiple times. It was a pretty stale read but it doesn’t diminish my hope for the next few
Chris DiLeo
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I read this second installment in the Nameless series much faster than the first one. That is in part because this story is more interesting, has more moving parts, and has a better villain, but my quick reading is also because I wanted to see if Koontz was going to challenge himself a bit.

He did not.

In his 1981 book HOW TO WRITE BEST-SELLING FICTION, Koontz advises writers to "[h]it your hero with startling and/or frightening complications, one after the other. Be tough on him" (132).

Koontz
Michael Hicks
My review of PHOTOGRAPHING THE DEAD can be found at High Fever Books.

Dean Koontz delivers up another serviceable thriller, minus the thrills, in his series of novellas from Amazon revolving around the amnesiac character, Nameless.

Like its predecessor, Photographing the Dead is quick, easy read, one that doesn’t ask a lot of the reader and delivers just as little in return. This time around, Nameless is playing mind games with Palmer Oxenwald, a serial killer who has a passion for photography in
Stefanie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Photographing the Dead is book 2 in the short story series, Nameless, by Dean Koontz. The Nameless series is about the main character, Nameless, who suffers from amnesia and can not remember his own name or anything from his past. He is hired to carry out missions to rid the world of evil people.

In the second book of this collection, Nameless, is on task to stop a serial killer who likes to take pictures of his victims and look over the photos later to relish in his prey.

Two women, twin sisters,
Owen Pearson
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a little better than the first. It had more substance to it and yes I understand that these are short stories and are not going to have the fully developed in depth character or bad guys. But these books seriously lack in the character development. I have so many unanswered questions about the bad guy in this one... answers I will never get, though it looks a bit more promising about finding answers for the main character.
Jennifer Roth
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Weird Story Line

This book was just ok I'm my opinion. It has a pretty weird story line to follow. The book was short and felt like there should have been more. Jury is still out on if I would recommend this book to anyone to read
Lena
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, audio, 100-or-less
896127-A6-8-D97-4136-B75-D-A359016-B7-C48
“This is for all the little animals.”
Great ending. I’m glad it hurt and took a long, terrifying, time.
Karsyn
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Somehow I didn't rate this one when I finished it. It was a good one, better than the first, not as good as a couple of the others.
Bernard Jan
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An artist of death versus nameless nomad with unclear memories of dead beyond the veil of amnesia and the strong sentiment for children, dogs and protection of the innocent. A quick, likable and easy read about hunting the human hunter in the Mojave wasteland.
John
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
a little more insight to nameless
Lennie Grace
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of Dean Koontz's "Nameless" series! This one follows Nameless as he hunts down a photograph loving killer. :D

Very fun stuff! I particularly liked how this one ended. Now that was some poetic justice right there. this book, and all the others it seems, has some basic info on Nameless worked into the series. Like how he doesn't know who he is/was and stuff like that. Which, is really good if you're reading the stories out of order.

Do people actually do that? Sounds nuts to me! Lol. Jk. I
Randy Tramp
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Palmer Oxenwald’s hunts the Mojave wasteland. His victims are tourists and hikers. He Photographs them. His greatest threat is Nameless. Two men with one thing in common: memories of the dead. For a psychopath like Palmer, they’re a clear rush in black and white. For Nameless, they’re visions of violence buried and erased. But for how long?

Koontz has a way of creating unique and highly interesting characters. I wouldn't want to come across Oxenwald who is out of his mind crazy on the bad side.
Vanessa
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick and enjoyable read! I’m intrigued to finish the rest of the series and learn more about Nameless and his past.
Kathy West
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Nameless is at it again. Hunting down terrible people.
This time it is a photographer who take pictures of the people or animals he kills.
Even after therapy, Palmer Oxenwald still has the need to kill. He started with animals and then moved onto people.
When Nameless starts to hunt him, can Nameless stop him in time before he kills two sisters, Mia and Kara.

This sereis has potential, that is why I am going to keep reading it.
One, because I need to know if Nameless ever remembers his past, and
Gav451
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Nameless #2

Another short, easy win read. Reading these is a quick win mini-buzz. Its not quite as good as finishing a full book but it is close enough to be worth it. These are more than short stories but not quite Novellas. Call them a section of a book.

In this case then the story was entertaining again and readable. Once more we had a bad person who deserved to die and who was stopped while he was plotting his next kill. There was little nuance in this tale. Bad person, too much money, father
Linda  Branham Greenwell
This is the second short story that is part of a series by Dean Koontz and I believe it is only available through Amazon. Nameless is the main character and is backed by an organization that has limitless funds and information - in this story is sent out to stop an evil sociopath who enjoys murdering people

• Play Dirty
  • Once Night Falls
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • The Elephant Tree
  • The Girl on the Porch
  • The Zombie Room
  • Magic Hour
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
  • I Am Pilgrim
  • Unspeakable Things
  • The Unannounced Christmas Visitor
  • The Last Conversation (Forward collection)
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather
  • The Lion's Den
  • Ark
  • Summer Frost

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the

Nameless (6 books)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)
“During the one minute of wakefulness after his head meets the pillow, he wonders not who he once was, not why that life is behind him and beyond recapture, not what organization finances him and crafts his missions. He wonders only how he was made into what he has become. Strange science must be involved, which intrigues him. Sleep.” 0 likes
“Under her restlessness and licentious pose is a repressed wholesomeness that will always make her regret devaluing herself, which, even in these strange times, he believes is true of more people than not. “Veronica,” she says, referring to another waitress, “says you look dangerous. But the girl has zero spirit of adventure.” “Good for her,” Nameless says. “Girls who” 0 likes