Start by marking “The Wrong Family” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Family

The Wrong Family

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  22,997 ratings  ·  2,784 reviews
Have you ever been wrong about someone?

Juno was wrong about Winnie Crouch.

Before moving in with the Crouch family, Juno thought Winnie and her husband, Nigel, had the perfect marriage, the perfect son—the perfect life. Only now that she’s living in their beautiful house, she sees the cracks in the crumbling facade are too deep to ignore.

Still, she isn’t one to judge. After
Published December 29th 2020 by Graydon House

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Family, please sign up.
Lori Taylor I think she was definitely sorry for initiating the contact with Terry, ultimately leading to her death - there were several references to that toward…moreI think she was definitely sorry for initiating the contact with Terry, ultimately leading to her death - there were several references to that towards the end of the story. Also, Juno alluded to her regret to 'going after' Winnie as the book wound up. I think Juno was sorry for taking things too far, once again, with her 'patients'
(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sheree She had an affair with one of her son's coach's. The coach & his wife became Juno's clients neither realising that would happen. Sexual misconduct in …moreShe had an affair with one of her son's coach's. The coach & his wife became Juno's clients neither realising that would happen. Sexual misconduct in the medical profession if found guilty puts you in prison. No sleeping with clients(less)

·  22,997 ratings  ·  2,784 reviews

Start your review of The Wrong Family
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell
Plot of every Tarryn Fisher book ever:

Fucked up individual meets another fucked up individual and then reader discovers that FUI #1 has been grossly downplaying how fucked up they actually are to FUI #2. But FUI #2 has also been grossly downplaying how fucked up they are to FUI #1.

Both FUIs become suspicious of each other, and the suspense builds, only for the reader to find out that FUI #1 and FUI #2 are BOTH FUCKED UP INDIVIDUALS... BUT in a COMPLETELY different kind of fucked up way than we,
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
Oh no! Nope! Nooooooooooo! Nooooo!!!The brain cell fryer, nail biter, soul crusher Fisher book I looked for cannot be found at this moment so leave your message to author and wish next time she will release a book you may truly adore !

This is not my favorite dark side of Tarryn! I missed her mind bending , surprising, twisty, gut punching writing style! Since Mud Vein, I swore to read anything she would write! But this one... I barely find the right words because I don’t want to use negative wor
Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
3 stars.

This is one shocking and wild story! This author has a brilliant way of incorporating unexpected twists and turns, making you back up a few pages to reread. I love that about her plot lines!

I’ve read two of her previous books — The Wives and Bad Mommy— and loved them both. Unfortunately, I didn’t connect with this one nearly as well as those two. My high expectations left me feeling underwhelmed. It took almost 50% of the book for me to feel somewhat invested in this story. I didn’t part
Regina
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
I finished this thriller several days ago and have been struggling to find anything worthwhile to say about it.

Guess I was The Wrong Reader for The Wrong Family.
Kaceey
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, edelweiss
Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting that!💁🏻‍♀️

Juno is a former therapist, married with a family. Then she lost it all. Down on her luck, she finds the perfect solution by moving in with Winnie and her family.

Juno doesn’t take up much room and does her best to be as unobtrusive as possible. But there’s something odd going on in the house between Winnie and her family. And Juno, ever the therapist, can’t just turn her back on and ignore.

Oh my gosh! What a wild and freaky ride!

The storyline is so
Jessica | JustReadingJess
The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher is one of my new favorite books! Fisher brings her dark twistedness to a whole new level in The Wrong Family! The Wrong Family is a must read for thriller fans.

The Wrong Family is so dark and twisted. You think it can’t get darker and then it does just like you expect in a Tarryn Fisher novel. Nothing is as it seems. There were multiple times I thought I figured it out and thought the revelations weren’t big enough. That was because I was wrong and the revelatio
Christy
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

001(16)

As soon as I finished The Wrong Family, my first thought was what the heck did I just read... that's not an uncommon thought after finishing a book by Tarryn Fisher. I'm fascinated by how she thinks of these storylines. Though the first part of the book was a bit slow for me, I was engrossed. And after I got to the half way point, I couldn't put this book down. I had to know what would happen next.

This story has two narrators, Juno and Winnie. Both are intricate and complex, and I wa
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: She tried to understand what she was reading. It was a blog. She could see several blog titles in the box that said DRAFTS, all of them yet to be published.

'You've been busy,' she heard herself say out loud. Snooping was wrong, but what was the harm in taking a little peak - it wasn't like she was some stranger off the street. Once upon a time, she'd been a bonafide psychologist, for God's sake. She felt a wave of excitement that didn't have anything to do with being a psychologist. It
K.A. Tucker
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is by far one of my favourite reads of the year. Fisher's writing is razor sharp, her dissection of the human psyche is visceral, and her plotting is simply brilliant.

Elyse  Walters
I’m having a really relaxing day with my husband so I don’t think anyone here really wants to hear my nasty ongoing thoughts about this book.

I read it! ( almost enough said )

It was barely readable — but I read it to the end — jumped through hoops to ride out the explosive burst towards the end....

I’m the mood ( searching?/!) for a gripping intelligent page turning engrossing psychological thriller…
But I am unwilling to go through 10 books to find. ‘one’ I like.

If anyone has a suggestion for m
Carolyn
Winnie Crouch has worked hard to build her dream of the perfect family: a stable marriage to a good-looking husband, a young teenage son and the perfect house in a prestigious lakeside suburb in Seattle. But lately life has not been so perfect; she and her husband Nigel have been arguing a lot and she’s worried that the grievous mistake she made fourteen years ago is the cause of all their problems.

Juno, an elderly woman, also once had a family, a home and a career as a therapist but lost them
Amo Jones
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I will be right back with this review. If you follow me on social medias, you'd already know.

She f*cked me up.

Alright here we go. The Wrong Family. What can I say about this book? Well, I'm not going to say a lot because if there's one thing you need to do, that's go into it blind. I read this without reading the blurb, so I wasn't sure what to expect, though it's T Fisher, so that's the norm.

What I will say. This book is THE BEST BOOK I READ IN 2020. I don't say this lightly, and I'm not f*ck
Susanne  Strong
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, edelweiss
Review also published on blog: https://books-are-a-girls-best-friend...

There is Dysfunction and then there is “The Wrong Family.”

Freaking Weird, Wild, and Wholly Unexpected.

Frankly, I’ve NEVER READ ANYTHING LIKE IT and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t tear my eyes away.

I was like a rabbit eating my way through my neighbor’s lettuce patch… hungry for more.

(I’m not exactly sure what that says about me, but let’s not analyze that one. (especially if you’ve already read this book, lol!))

So y
Nazanin
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it
3 Stars

This story was over the top! What I read was unbelievable and irrational. I loved "Bad Mommy" and enjoyed "The Wives" but I can’t say those things for "The Wrong Family". I also didn’t like any of the characters. Told in dual POV, 3rd person, it’s a standalone novel and slow-paced. All in all, it was an OK read and hope you enjoy it more than me!
Susan
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Upended Family Ties.

I enjoyed The Wives and Marrow by this author which led to requesting The Wrong Family.

Juno lives in a small studio let out by Winnie and her husband with access to the whole house and use of the kitchen. When she overhears an argument one day, it sets her on fire. It’s none of her business, she knows that, but she wants to take action to right a wrong.

Kudos to the author for creating a sixty seven year old character with multiple health challenges. I could feel her aches an
Dennis
I became a fan of Tarryn Fisher last year, after reading her juicy thriller The Wives. This year, Fisher is coming out with a new domestic thriller called, The Wrong Family and it's going to make a big splash! Some of you will love it, some of you will hate it, but all of you will probably read it! The story focuses on the Crouch family- Winnie, her husband Nigel, and their son Samuel. The three of them live in a beautiful home and have the picture perfect family most people would dream of. ...more
Linda
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
There's something about a love song. And then pulling the plug when you no longer hear the lyrics anymore.

"When they began, they were in love, but problematic partners had a way of dissolving love faster than it can regrow. One step forward, two steps back. And then one day there wasn't enough love left to cover the sins."

Juno, a former therapist, thought she had this family all figured out. She sits on a park bench near the lake observing Winnie, Nigel, and their thirteen year old son, Sam. The
Javier
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Review published in: https://diagnosisbookaholic.blogspot....

Do you know those books that go on and on, and they have gone for so long you think you must be reaching the end but then you check your progress and you're only halfway through? The wrong family was that kind of book for me. OMG! It took me foreeeeever! And the moment I finished it I wondered "why did you suffer through this?"

The plot was, in one word, RIDICULOUS. It was all over the place, nothing exciting happened for the most part,
Jen
What a crazy read this book was! A bit slow on getting started, but once it picked up it was impossible to put it down! As with most of Tarryn Fisher’s books, this was unique and hard to predict what exactly is going on! For this reason, I will not be giving any details on the story! It is important to go into this book blind!!! These types of stories are always best when you have no clue what is going on!

I highly recommend this to readers who enjoy a great thriller!

Denise
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
Another book that I finished with the thought, "what the hell did I just read?" - and not in a good way.

For the most part, I enjoyed The Wives by Fisher, and I thought this one sounded promising as well.
Unfortunately, I can't come up with too many great things to say about it. It starts slow, never really picks up, the plot is all over the map, too many references to losing bodily functions (why?!), and the characters are all a bit too dysfuctional as well. Winnie Crouch and her husband Nigel,
Michelle
Feb 17, 2021 rated it liked it
This is a creepy stalker novel that is told in dual timelines—the then and the now, as well as the reader gains perspective from both the wife of the family that is preyed upon as well as the hunter.

Nigel & Winnie:

This is also a story about how drastically a marriage can go wrong from just one little secret. Money can’t buy happiness nor remit wrongful past or present behavior. Neither can having the most perfect son, Sam, that they’d always wanted.

“Now she lived in her dream home with her drea
Chandra Claypool (WhereTheReaderGrows)
WAIT - WHAT?! No. Nope, Fisher. You're not allowed to do that. I literally said "WHAT? No......" when I flipped what I didn't know was the last page because WHY! Let me take a breath........ *breath*..... And before I get on with this review, please know that I am an absolute fan of Fisher. I want to be a guest in her mind for a day just to see what is happening in that gray matter of hers.
OK. So I'm torn. TORN. Fisher is compulsive - I don't think I could ever NOT read a book of hers but someti
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher is book best read without knowing too much. It is a tough one to talk about without spoilers but I will do my best. If you read The Wives last year you will know to expect the unexpected and be ready for anything. I didn’t even try to work out where this was headed and that ending absolutely threw me! It is a book that you will want to keep reading so be prepared to get lost in the story.

Winnie Crouch has the perfect life.. bug house, perfect son and husband....
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Dec 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, never-again
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

Unpopular Opinion

I won't extend myself here, because this book wasn't what I expected at all, and I'm already tired of talking about it.

Tarryn Fisher is always a hit or miss for me, and although this was my worst book this year, I will still be supporting this author in her future projects.

The Wrong Family is narrated in dual Pov. Winnie, a mother, a wife, a sister, a control freak... She's the full package of a perfect life. The alternation POV is with Juno, a mystery and a sick old th
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
This is a thriller that will keep readers entertained. There weren't any big surprises or twists in this one, it's more of a cat-and-mouse tale that will keep you at the edge of your seat with tension rather than blindsided.

I pretty much knew what was going on from the beginning, it wasn't difficult to figure out honestly. And there's not much character development--it's thrown in throughout the narrative, nuggets of backstory and motivation thrown in here and there. For me, the way the
Claire Contreras
I'm a big thriller reader and have read so many of them that sometimes I feel like I'm re-reading the same ones over and over. That was not the case with this book and I guess I shouldn't have expected it to be. Fisher prides herself in delving deep into the human psyche and tugging on things that make us feel vulnerable. This book was no exception. She tugged until I felt my thoughts unravel, slowly at first, and then quickly, until they were pooled somewhere between my brain and the pages of t ...more
Katie B
Well, that story was bonkers! I actually didn’t mind the basics of the plot as it is somewhat out of the norm and creative. I thought the problem was the delivery. Something just felt off. It got off to such a slow start I almost considered quitting and picking it back up at a later date. A bit of a disappointing read considering I really enjoyed the author's previous book, The Wives.

Normally I like to give a bit of a setup for the story in my reviews but I'm finding it challenging to do so with
Amy
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

Are you ready for the next wild book from the queen of bat shit crazy thrillers?! No one writes dysfunctional characters like Tarryn Fisher, I swear her books are the ultimate binge read for me and I inhaled this one much like I’ve been inhaling Christmas cookies all month long. There was plenty of misdirection, so many times I was convinced I knew just what was going on only to be dead ass wrong which was part of what made this one so much fun for me. Being tricked is the best part of read
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Oh Tarryn Fisher . . . .

Yeah, babe, yeah, babe, yeah, babe
Any night, any day
Say the word, on my way
Yeah, babe, yeah, babe, yeah, babe
In the mornin' or the late
Say the word, on my way

^^^^a/k/a I am a fan.

The Wrong Family is about a couple (Nigel and Winnie), their child (Samuel) and the elderly woman (Juno) who shares their home. When Juno overhears something that was clearly not meant to be overhead she decides to do some digging into Nigel and Winnie’s life before her arrival and disco
Turning Pages At ...: The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher 67 74 Feb 03, 2021 05:54AM
Huntsville-Madiso...: Hoopla Pick - December 30 - The Wrong Family 3 20 Jan 27, 2021 06:30AM
Some Like It Hot!: The wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher 1 12 Nov 23, 2020 11:51AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Book Cover 1 27 Jul 24, 2020 01:28AM

• Tooth for Tooth (Talion #2)
  • The Wife Upstairs
  • The New Husband
  • Today Tonight Tomorrow
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Luster
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • The Golden Cage
  • The Heir Affair (Royal We, #2)
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicke ...more

Articles featuring this book

Comforting cozies, courtroom theatrics, and cold cases that warm back up...mystery and thriller subgenres are bigger and better than ever these...
“Didn’t he know that once words were out, they stuck in people’s minds like barbs?” 5 likes
“Wolves know when they’re being raised by bears.” 4 likes