Start by marking “The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)

The Darkest King

(Lords of the Underworld #15)

To become a king of the underworld at long last, William must resist an irresistible beauty--or a curse will ensure his end... A merciless prince feared by all... Cursed by a vengeful witch, William of the Dark will die if he ever falls in love--murdered by the woman who steals his heart. His lone shot at redemption is a book filled with indecipherable code. Break the code ...more
Published November 10th 2020 by HQN (first published February 25th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest King, please sign up.
Yessenia Andaverde No, there are more books in the way. There are things that need to be done and couple's stories to be told.
Sierra Hunt No this wont be the last book, while she hasnt said who the next book will be about yet, there are still plenty of character combinations to keep the …moreNo this wont be the last book, while she hasnt said who the next book will be about yet, there are still plenty of character combinations to keep the series going for a while. (less)

Start your review of The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
Gena Showalter
Feb 20, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

The Darkest King—William's story, is now available!

Hardcover: https://amzn.to/2ThCBNG
Kindle: https://amzn.to/2FKiJLa
Audible: https://amzn.to/37YnDAn
Paperback: https://bit.ly/38TxiZD
iBooks: apple.co/2Gi5thM
Nook: bit.ly/2Z4ujZy
Kobo: bit.ly/2XX7Yfu
Google Play: bit.ly/2xO0XD5

I hope you guys will love William and Sunny's story. Thank you for all your love and support!

Wishing you the very best,

Gena Showalter
Sophia Triad
Surprise! William's story is next!

William and Sunny

If sex had a voice, it was William's.
Husky, low and deep, an auditory caress that reached every atom of her being.
-Sunday "Sunny" Lanr

...and apparently Sunny is a shifter unicorn!

I sincerely hoped that
1. She is not a dumbell,
2. She is not an Anya lookalike
3. She is not compared to Gillian all the time
4. She does not behave like a warrior princess with pink nail polish and glossy lipstick
5. She can convince me that William can fall in love w
Jenny
May 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
'Sunny' the Unicorn shifter as the love interest, I think I just peed myself laughing - neighhhh!

The Darkest King’s new cover reveal

description

Goodbye William, you were once an interesting character but now you be Unicorn whipped.

description

And here it is the final Fuck You to Gilliam fans in all its glory.

description

Gena: It’s not about what you want it’s what you need
Me: well thanks

description

For the Gilliam fans who find themselves reading my review I can definitely recommend you something to ease the pain we have all been feeling

Laura :)
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gena Showalter did a FANTASTIC job with Gillian, Puck, and William’s story. I’m so HAPPY that they aren’t together because they WEREN’T a good fit. She is intertwining more plot and secrets to be revealed and as someone who has read this entire series up to the very end, yes. I was rooting for William and Gillian but I’m so excited for a brand new character that we have not seen yet to be with William! Like dude... SOMEONE so BADASS that we have not yet been introduced to is going to be William’ ...more
Tanya Romanucci
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE December 15th 2019
I can't believe the release date is only 2 1/2 months away!
I feel like I've been waiting years for this release and don't know what I'll do with myself once its finally in my hands!
UPDATE July 20th 2019
Can we talk about that cover!!
UPDATE!!
I'm still waiting patiently and I'm still excited!!!
FINALLY!! In one year William's secrets will finally be
Joan
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Williams' long-awaited steaming pile of crap book and is apropos to wrap up this sub-par, poorly-written, third-rate series. Puck this.

But I am delighted at the laughable, slap in the face to the Gilliam haters...Willy is being paired with a freaking unicorn shifter! I am laughing so hard. Those rooting against abuse survivor Gilly as "too soft" were hoping that golden boy Willy would be paired and tamed by a hardass, smart-mouth, ball breaker like that harpy sister Aliyah (sp). Well, the joke's
Eda**
Jul 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
** 1-1.5 "I SURE TRIED" STARS **

After deciding to just avoid reading this mess months ago, OF COURSE I caved in and gave this a chance because I've spent 8 years very much invested in these characters and I'm a softie when it comes to this series.

UGH. It was a mistake. I regret it. And you know what? The biggest problem wasn't even the #Gilliam betrayal... The cringy dialogues, the odd sex, ugh THE NEVERENDING UNICORN PUNS !!! Everything was so icky.

I'm just glad it's over.

PRE-READ:

On
FlewB'DoobeyDoo
3/14/2020 Complete.

What follows is a painful recording of my thoughts of a book that has been heavily anticipated, fanatically praised/criticized by readers, and one that has sat on my mind for a long while now. Please understand that this is just one persons point of view.
Sorry if it doesn't match yours homie, but leave your hate at home, cause no one has time for that.

Oh sweet mother of mehh....

Up until this point I had previously forgotten that I had even pre-ordered The Darkest King, with t
kookyquinn
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK OF 2020!!! No. I don’t need to finish out the year to make sure that statement is accurate. IT IS.

I laughed, cried, cheered, shouted and swooned.

description

I’ve been waiting YEARS for William’s book and Gena did not let me down. It was everything I hoped.

Everyone who’s been throwing temper tantrums like spoiled children because the heroine is a WOC unicorn shifter? I’m giving all y’all ignorant trolls the double fisted unicorn salute. I absolutely adored Sunny and want to be her BFF.

Side note: I’
Kat Witmer
And let me guess...the female lead is going to be some smart mouthed, feisty, ball buster that will give William a run for his money because that's exactly what this series needs is another OTT female! HARD PASS, in fact, I'm still nursing my snit from Gillian's big ole FU book that I'm gonna pass on the series for quite a while. #stilldisappointed
Azet
OMG this book totally rocked everything i expected it to be-smoldering erotic romance,witty humor,epic action and unforgettable adventure about the infamous Anti-hero in the series William the Ever Randy in "The Darkest King" which is the 15:th instalment in the "Lords of the Underworld"series.William is cursed to get killed by his fated soulmate when he falls in love with her,and he desperately needs a codebreaker to break through the magical book where a code is to be broken to take away the c ...more
Caro
Jun 27, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
One of the last living unicorn shifters...

I repeat: Our heroine, Sunday Lane, one of the last living unicorn shifters.

A HORSE. First Gilly gets a Goat and now William gets a HORSE.

Look Gena. I know, I KNOW I told you to go and read Wet Goddess, that book about a dude falling in love and fucking a dolphin's brains out, as inspiration. I know I said that. And I'm sorry. I take it back. Please stop writing about goats and horses and dolphins having sex with everyone's favorite characters.

Only it is
Grace
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
what's the point of this story if william is not ending up with gilly?

i don't understand how the author can make us happy???

UNLESS THE TWIST IS WILLIAM ENDS UP WITH GILLY.

all those years of shipping gilly and william and then the author just smacks me in the face by not pairing them.

and do you know how much my heart is going to hurt to see william with another romantic interest????? BUT NOOOOOO....THE AUTHOR DOESN'T CARE.

over this series. glad that it's finally going to be over.
Shawna
This is how I feel about Gena not having William and Gillian end up together.

Naomi
We’ve all been waiting for William’s story for years and all I can say is that, it was worth it. I loved learning all about William, his past, his secrets, his feelings! Yes! William the Ever Randy has lots of them. Sunny is a new character and she is amazing! She’s exactly what William needed, she’s not afraid of him, she doesn’t fall at his feet and she challenges him in the best way. Showalter delivers with The Darkest King, she took risks and they paid off. This book also introduces a few ne ...more
The Anxious Bookaholic
Review to come

---------------------
description

Oh my god, I am so excited about this book! What are William's secrets? How will he deal with falling in love with someone so soon after losing Gilly? Who is going to be his partner? Does anyone have any speculations about the potential Mrs. William?

Also are we gonna see more of Siobhan? Honestly I am so happy that William's book is next that the only thing that can make me happier if Gena comes out and says Viola's book will be following.

Putting 5 stars fro
Jey
Feb 27, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I certainly do not understand if everyone is reading the same book that I am and write so high reviews, but to each their own and I respect their opinion, just as much as you respect mine, and with that being said this entire book felt empty of everything, character & plot development, and don't even get me started with the cave style dialogue that it's getting old and ridiculous 🤨🤔. I mean a unicorn shifter as a love interest for William, glitter bombs and rainbows..... It's just sooo laughable ...more
Shauna Gray
Jul 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am beyond excited for this book. To all the haters, y'all beating a dead horse. If William didn't end up with Gilly before now, then it wasn't going to happen. I know its been years and we all wanted to see it but lets be realistic for a minute. If it was meant to be then Gena Showalter would have wrote the book years ago.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
He wouldn’t be happy until he’d possessed her, body and soul.

15 books. 15 FREAKING BOOKS! Over ten years I have been waiting for this moment. Never in my life did I practice this much patience. I'm telling you people, I don't know how I've made it. After Paris, William's book had to be one of my most anticipated Lords. We're talking about the ultimate manwhore here. And you know what they say about the bigger they are? I couldn't wait to see the woman that would bring him to
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 3.5* not quite 4 but what the heck?

I was not a fan of the idea of the William/Gilly pairing and loved Puck so I'm so down for this! Can't wait!

Review

We begin this tale with Ever Randy's tragic backstory and the beginning of his relationship with both Lucifer and Hades as well as the circumstances of his curse. Many years later he's trying to find someone to translate his book. With Keeley's help he zeros in on some who can do it.
Sunny is one of the few remaining unicorns of her
Lucy Qhuay
Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

18th of July, 2019
Are you telling me William's supposed fated mate is a unicorn shifter? A FUCKING UNICORN?

Really, Showalter? A unicorn? That's childish and stupid. All I can imagine is this…

Are you going out of good ideas? What now? Hey, we also don't know what exactly is William. Maybe he's a panda.

Really, what can I say about this clusterfuck?

Szajri
This book doesn't work for me. It's a bad joke. Oozing cringiness
Almost gave up in the middle, but managed to finish it because of my now destroyed love for this series.
First of all, the unicorn puns and jokes. They stopted being funny after first ten or so. The whole matter with unicorns just felt cringe as fuck to me.
I have a major problem with the ending. It felt rushed and lazy written. (view spoiler)
Shay McNeil
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m seeing so many people complaining about Gena not pairing William with Gilly. But the thing is it’s her story, her plot line. And then there’s people saying she paired Gilly with a goat but if you know Greek mythology where she is basing the majority of her plot off of. Pan is a satyr and also the god of lust and oh wow Puck is a satyr. coincidence?

That’s all I have to say. I’m going to keep reading this series until it ends.
Helen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's everything you've been waiting for and more!!

William's story is amazingly written! I can't even begin to say how and why I love it so much without giving things away. All your burning questions are answered in this wonderful story of lust, love, betrayal and reconciliation.

Sunny is definitely the one for him! She gives him hell like no other Lord or Angel/Sent One has gone through with their woman and that's saying something! Their first meeting ends in lust and bloodshed. The insults she
Bee
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I AM SO EXCITED I CAN SCREAM!!!! GIVE WILLIAM A BADASS BITCH WHO WILL BRING HIM TO HIS KNEES!!! I BEG YOU!!

I’ve always said this but i will say it again: gilly was too soft for him. Seriously. He needs a woman who will crush him inside out - metaphorically of course and i don’t think gilly is capable of that.

I AM READYYY!!!
Maryknoll
Sorry not sorry. Not gonna read it.
Aline
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once the book actually does release, it would be nice for prospective readers to not have to wade through all the Gilliam complaining to get genuine reviews. If you’re not happy with the direction of the story, move on. The author shouldn’t have to apologize for wanting to stay true to her vision over pleasing a faction of readers. Yes, people pay to read these books, but that is a choice no one has, or will ever force you to make. None of the people making flippant, poorly thought out criticism ...more
Vinita Singh
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dang I didn't mean to add stars ;x I am very much looking forward to Willy's story!! Can't wait to meet his woman! I'm actually glad it wasn't Gillian, and I really adore her and Puck together. I hope I love Willy and his lady (or man) just as much =D
Malissa
I throughly enjoyed this read. I know there are a lot of people out there who have feelings in regards to William and Gillian, but here’s the thing, Gillian’s had her book. Gillian is happy with the turn of events. William is happy with Gillian’s turn of events. Not every true love has to be a romantic love, Gillian and William will always have an especially close bond because they grew up together in many ways and I appreciate that Gena gave them that.

With this book, first and foremost, I Love
Yessenia Andaverde
Mar 12, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointed, so-so
This was a disappointment. The first 50% of the book is the author trying to sell us the couple. Please, there were numerous mentions of Gilly as a simple crush, as her not being William's true love. All to appease the readers who have been following this story from the beginning and believed Gilly and William would end up together. I count myself in this group.

The first half of the book was Gena trying too hard. Even Gilly and Puck's book was better than this one.

Things started to get better wh
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest King (LOTU #15) 11 66 Apr 09, 2020 10:36PM

• The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #1)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Privilege (Renzo + Lucia, #1)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Dark Song (Dark #30)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • Inferno (Dark Kings #18)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink, #3)
  • Dragon Lost (Dark Kings #16.5)
  • Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • How to Love Your Elf (Embraced by Magic #1; The Embraced, #4)
  • Lachlan's Protégé
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of over seventy books, including the acclaimed Lords of the Underworld series, the Gods of War series, the White Rabbit Chronicles, and the Forest of Good and Evil series. She writes sizzling paranormal romance, heartwarming contemporary romance, and unputdownable young adult novels, and lives in Oklahoma City with her family an ...more

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)

Articles featuring this book

Looking to start off your new year with something sweet? Don't worry, we've got plenty to keep you busy. Whether you're looking for a...
“You have really long eyelashes,” Sunny blurted out.
Interesting segue. But he could roll. He leaned back, crossing his ankles, saying, “My eyes sparkle like sapphires. I’m built like a tank and hung like a stallion.”

Now she wrinkled her brow, clearly confused. “I don’t understand what you’re doing.”
That makes two of us.”
1 likes
“You look constipated. Thinking about your Sunshine?”

Green stood in the doorway of his office, his voice wrenching William from the first stirring of panic. He sucked in a much-needed breath. Then again. And again. Finally, his heart rate slowed.

“I’m thinking about lifemates,” he replied, choosing to be somewhat vague. “And her name is Sunny. Sunday.”

His son shuddered. “Lifemates? How sensitive of you. Are you on your period or something?”

William deadpanned, “Yes, but I’m out of tampons. Have an extra in your purse?”
0 likes