Start by marking “Contract to Unite America: Ten Reforms to Reclaim Our Republic” as Want to Read:
Contract to Unite America: Ten Reforms to Reclaim Our Republic

Contract to Unite America: Ten Reforms to Reclaim Our Republic

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published February 18th 2020 by RealClear Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Contract to Unite America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contract to Unite America

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Contract to Unite America: Ten Reforms to Reclaim Our Republic
Dee Arr
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: politics
I have never liked when people would ask me my nationality, as most of the time they were inquiring what country my ancestors came from. I began a practice of telling them I was an American, and during the 12-18 months after 9/11, almost all would smile and say something encouraging. In today’s world, if I state I am an American, they look at me like I have two heads. And for the record, that is the reaction of people in both major parties.

I have been reading a lot of political books lately, and
Jeff
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Partisan Populist Polemic for Independents. I like that Simon opens the book with a note that if you are yourself a hyper partisan that thinks either side or the other is completely evil, this book isn't for you.

The things Simon discusses in this book are things that I know for a fact many, perhaps most, Americans have not thoughtfully considered - or even considered at all. Sure, some of them are hotter button issues than others, such as his decrying of Citizens United - a common complaint of
Nancy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this was an interesting look at the problems in politics today. He shows how it is definitely a two party system. How money plays a large part in what happens with elections and even legislation that is passed. I recommend the book whether you are from one party or the other. There are some eye opening things happening that need to be exposed.
Chris