Start by marking “The Silver Chair and The Last Battle” as Want to Read:
The Silver Chair and The Last Battle

The Silver Chair and The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronological Order) #6–7)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  747 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The Silver Chair:
NARNIA . . . where owls are wise, where some of the giants like to snack on humans (and, if carefully cooked, on Marsh-wiggles, too), where a prince is put under an evil spell . . . and where the adventure begins. Eustace and Jill escape from the bullies at school through a strange door in the wall, which, for once, is unlocked. It leads to the open moor .
Published January 1st 1990 by Collins (first published 1956)

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Chair and The Last Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Chair and The Last Battle

Aryan
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved the first few books but after Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy most of all left , the magic of the books left me.
Clayton Yuen
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Narnia Series is a most excellent series for young adults and children. C.S. Lewis' imagination is awesomely whacked, but perfectly believable to children. I enjoy reading this series, not because of the film versions, but because the narrative adventures are smooth and flowing . . . in a queer way.

I give the novel 4 stars because it did lack a sort of needed intensity ... as one would expect in most adventures. More fighting, more heroics? Not in this novel, but there is always Book #5 ....
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
The Silver Chair:
I have to admit this is my least favorite book in the series so far. I didn't find it as entertaining as the other instalments and even boring at times...

The Last Battle:
Having read all other Narnia books in random order, it's funny that the last one I should read is actually the last on in the series;-) I really enjoyed reading The Last Battle and thought it was a very fitting ending for the series.
Roseanne
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
if you feel a need to read fiction you might as well have a simbolic story that is also action adventure. Asland has a task for Eustace and Jill, save Narnia! How many times does Narnia need to be saved?
Amanda
Nov 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The Last Battle...so awesome. The funny thing about this book is that it isn't a truly amazing book until the last few chapters--then the genius of C.S. Lewis comes out in full.
Breanna Morgan
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
it was good, a big part of my childhood
Mikel Velesio
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Damien Malcolm
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nothing prepared my for the ending of The Last Battle. Very unexpected and good, though the religeous aspect could not more obvious. Not a bad book, and a very good way to round out the book series.
EmmaWoodhouse
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Io sto dalla parte di Aslan, anche se Aslan non esiste. Io voglio vivere come un Narniano, anche se Narnia non esiste.'
Kidsbookworm
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was another of my favorite books in the Narnia series.
Elizabeth
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For The Silver Chair
Vince
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Narnia Series is necessary reading for everyone who has been a child (everyone).
Aliza
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
The last battle, great book, good ending to the chronicles.
Dona
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Silver Chair (1972)
Julia
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It was an awesome book. It is my favorite out of the Narnia series.
Tahera
Tejas
Sep 29, 2015
Sarah Harris
Jun 06, 2014
  • Thor's Wedding Day: By Thialfi, the goat boy, as told to and translated by Bruce Coville
  • Math Dictionary for Kids: The Essential Guide to Math Terms, Strategies, and Tables, Grades 4-9
  • We Eat Dinner in the Bathtub
  • The Chronicles of Narnia Pop-up: Based on the Books by C. S. Lewis
  • Winnie The Pooh Treasury
  • A Toad for Tuesday
  • The Tunnel of Hugsy Goode (The Alley, #2)
  • The Happy Hollisters at Mystery Mountain (Happy Hollisters, #5)
  • The Key (The Magnificent 12, #3)
  • Sheet Music: The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian
  • Insurrections of the Mind: 100 Years of Politics and Culture in America
  • A Boy, a Dog, and a Frog
  • Freddy Goes Camping
  • Tom Sawyer Abroad / Tom Sawyer, Detective

CLIVE STAPLES LEWIS (1898–1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably one of the most influential writers of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Oxford University until 1954. He was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature
More about C.S. Lewis

The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronological Order) (7 books)
  • The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)
  • The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5)
  • Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3)
  • The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4)
  • The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7)
“Fancy sleeping on air. I wonder if anyone's done it before. I don't suppose they have. Oh, bother—-Scrubb probably has!” 30 likes