Start by marking “Proof of Purple” as Want to Read:
Proof of Purple

Proof of Purple

Sixteen-year-old Saige Pemberton lives in a perfect world—a world free of sickness, crime, and chaos. But for Saige, nothing in her life is as easy as it should be: not with her family, and not with her friends.

Risa Dobbin has always been a model citizen, but when the world she trusted fails her, she begins to ask questions she never dared to ask before.

Mirren Chase has ne
Published November 19th 2018 by Amethyst Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Proof of Purple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proof of Purple

Start your review of Proof of Purple
Angie Thompson
Ummm... Okay... Whoa... Wow...

This book was just--powerful. Unforgettable. Amazing. Pulled me in from literally phrase one and had me completely enthralled until the ending sentence. Okay--can we talk about the ending? No, of course we can't. Because that's spoilers. But my heart and my brain are still trying to process what actually just happened. (view spoiler)
Millie Florence
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-kid-authors

Proof of Purple By J. C Buchanan was a book written with passion and emotion. The intensity of the feelings involved is only something an author could write with her full heart, and I applaud J. C.

No book is perfect, and I did have some problems with this one, although there were definitely parts I enjoyed as well.

The biggest problem for me was that the characters lacked character. I was a beta reader for this book, so I can tell that there has definitely been improvement in the final c
Kate Willis
Aug 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea what this is about yet, but I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. :D
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
4.5 Stars
Besides the gorgeous cover, I was hooked by the first sentence. I found it easy to relate to Saige at the beginning of the novel, and I believe that a lot of high school students will understand.
The story switches focus between the three girls often, adding depth in the story through different perspectives and emotions.
The dystopian world is certainly different from most. The world is ruled by time; a time for one thing and a time for another. I found it interesting that the tests dicta
Clare
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Nothing you do changes how much you matter" - Proof of Purple by J.C Buchanan

I loved so many things about this book. First, I love when books have added surprises, such as pictures, lists, schedules, etc. I was pleasantly surprised!
I also loved the different ways to differentiate the characters in each level, such as hairstyles, clothes, etc. Very unique and intriguing!!

J.C. keeps getting better and better. She made me empathize with several characters during conflict and understand each side
Adrianna Gardner
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was amazing like what??? The only thing is how it ended did the end up saving her sister or not. If was kinda a cliff hanger for me so i wish there was another book but that is my brain though. Overall I thought it was really good!!!
Lexie
Apr 01, 2019

• Romanov
  • The Guest
  • Endgame
  • El ahogado más hermoso del mundo
  • The Good Woman of Setzuan
  • Remembrance of Things Past: Volume I - Swann's Way & Within a Budding Grove
  • Six Characters in Search of an Author
  • The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict
  • The Garden of Forking Paths
  • Cure for the Common Life: Living in Your Sweet Spot
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
  • Hedda Gabler
Hi, I’m J.C.! I’m the author of three novels (The Hidden Amethyst, You’ll Be Like Faye, & Proof of Purple) and one novella (Far Away Faye).

I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember and reading for even longer. Stories are my passion, and it is my joy and honor to craft my own for the glory of my King!

When I’m not writing, thinking about writing, or reading, you can likely find me hanging o

News & Interviews