Start by marking “In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)” as Want to Read:
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)

In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)

Cecily wants a big life, but can she handle it?

Cecily feels like she has it all: great best friends, the beginnings of a career as a model/actress, and she's dating her favorite singer, Andrew Holiday. Then Cecily's best friend Lila begins to ditch her every time Lila's boyfriend calls. Cecily feels lost, but she and Andrew begin connecting more and she's never been in a r
Published September 3rd 2019 by Clean Reads

To ask other readers questions about In Over Her Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Over Her Head

Start your review of In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)
Dash fan
4☆ Heart Warming, Fun, Sweet Contemporary Romance! Perfectly Suitable for YA Readers!

In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is the second book in the Cecily Taylor Series.

Again we catch up with Cecily and see how she's coping with her new found fame and romance.
That's all I'm going to say on the plot as if you read my first Review then you would know Cecily was in a predicament as to where her heart lay and I don't want to spoil anything.

But in this book she's made her choice, now she has to
InD'tale Magazine
"In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety" is a sweet teen romance with a Cinderella storyline!

Read full review in the 2019 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Billy Buttons
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety

Writing Style: 8/10
Content: 8/10
Cover: 6/10
Of the 16 readers:
11 would read another book by this author.
10 thought the cover was good or excellent.
16 felt it was easy to follow.
12 would recommend this book to another reader to try.
Of all the readers, 5 felt the author’s stron
(Love, Stars and Books)
(I received an Review copy from the author for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

Book review: In over her head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2) by Krysten Lindsay Hager (3.5 stars)

Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

The author reached out for me to review this second book
Jessica Belmont
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Cecily Taylor series is a great second book. The reality of anxiety is definitely captured here. Although Cecily is dating a famous person, the realities of her life, the ups and downs, are definitely relatable.

Krysten Lindsay Hager captures the teenage experience really well in this series. All the emotions you experience as a teenager, then heightened by the idea of secretly dating your celebrity crush, all culminates into an entertaing read.

This is a refreshing contemporary roma
Rachel
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Cecily Taylor Series; it can be read as a standalone. So, Cecily is now Andrew Holiday’s girlfriend. It isn’t public knowledge. When she does see him it’s all very romantic, when she doesn’t see or hear from her due to his work her mind does go on overdrive, especially when she sees photos posted online of him with other girls. One photo, in particular, sends her over the edge, the trust issues come up again, is their relationship over?

This instalment was just as g
Jane Hunt
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cecily's life has moved on, she's living the dream, in book two, of The Cecily Taylor series. However, she experiences anxiety problems, when her friendships fail and her secret relationship is threatened. The disparity between the real world and the celebrity world leaves Cecily with low self-esteem and makes her doubt her relationships. If you haven't read the first book in the series, you may want to, as it introduces the characters and sets the scene for this story.

This series is aimed at
Shae
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great writing and plot!!

The title really covers the story! Cecily has so much on her mind that it feels as though it will spill over. Can she handle all the pressures that are associated with being the girlfriend of a very popular guy, her career of choice and her friends who seem to be in their own world?

I am new to the work of Krysten Lindsay Hager, but I quite enjoyed how this was written. The characters are well written and the story flows from the start to the end.

Reasons I enjoyed this bo
Angela
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book.

Absolutely loved this book. It is so well written and deals with what teens are going through. The insecurities that not only teenagers feel but many adults feel as well.
Samantha
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This is the second book in the Cecily Taylor Series. In this installment we pick up right where the first book, Can Dreams Come True? finishes. In this book we get to experience more of Cecily's relationships with Andrew, her friends and even her family members.

Once again, Krysten delivers us an innocent and sweet read as we continue on in the life of Cecily Taylor
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Ahhh… all the angst of the teen years.

I am the mother of teen daughter. I’ve seen how it doesn’t take much to create problems, or to cause the tears to flow, so it shouldn’t have surprised me that our heroine is in tears in the first few pages of this book. As an adult, I honestly rolled my eyes a bit at what seemed to be an overreaction to the situation, but…I do remember being a teen. I wouldn’t go back to those days on a bet!

Cecily is a sweetheart. I really liked her. And I liked Andrew. I di
Ruth Hill
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

First of all, I did not read the first book in the series, but I am well aware of Krysten Lindsay Hager (although this is the first book of hers that I am officially reviewing). When it comes to Young Adult books, this is the author to choose. There is NOTHING inappropriate in this book of hers, and I believe that teenage girls searching for "chick lit" that a
Sharon
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Getting up early is my least favorite thing on the planet—other than pop quizzes—but today I had to get up so I could see my boyfriend before he flew off to L.A. Boyfriend. I couldn’t believe I could now call my favorite singer of all time, Andrew Holiday, my boyfriend.

This is book 2 in the Cecily Taylor series and I did not read book 1. It can be read on its own, though it took some time for me to get up to speed on Cecily and Andrew’s relationship.

The book is clean young adult fiction with
Hasanthi
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read the very first book of this series. Therefore I did not hesitate to read the second one. This is what made me the book so special to me;

The Characters – Specially the character of Andrew, made me want him as my boyfriend 🙂 😉 He is understanding and he is the type of boyfriend, every girl wishes for.
The story deal with a few deep topics, such as anxiety, dealing with anxiety and relationships at a deeper level.
Completely romantic and cute, full of love and drama.
Speaks to the hear
Em Jackson
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
In Over Her Head is the second in the Cecily Taylor series, and takes place directly after the events of the first. Here, we follow Cecily discover what it means to privately date a celebrity, deal with jealousy, and be rocketed into a world she absolutely didn’t prepare for. Can she do it? Is her and Andrew’s relationship too fresh and new to withstand the storm? Only time, and a lot of dedication and self-reflection will tell. Are they even ready for this? Who knows.

Written in the same 1st per
Amy Shannon
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grand read

Hager pens a grand story in In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety. It's a grand story about Cecily, and her ups and downs. She is a strong character, yet she also anxiety (hence the title of the story). Cecily is challenged, especially when her perfect world starts to slowly break apart and crumble. The reader is taken on Cecily's journey, as she falls out of perfection, and has to truly deal with more than she bargained for. It's a well-written, well-developed story, with great ch
Anik-MamaBearsBookshelf
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would like to say thank you to NetGalley, Krysten Lindsay Hager and
Clean Reads for giving me a chance of reading and reviewing this book.

This is book 2 of the Cecily Taylor series. In book 2 Cecily thinks she has it all, good friends a boyfriend that turns out to be her favourite singer and she has a job has a model/actress. Its everything she has ever dreamt about. Everything was going well till her best friend Lila started ignoring her for her boyfriend. With Lily ignoring Cecily, it helps
Cheryl M-M
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Cecily Taylor series, and although both can be read as standalone novels I would suggest reading both to get the full gist of the romance.

In this one Cecily has to come to terms with not only having a relationship with a celebrity but also keeping it a secret. The secrecy is probably what makes her more paranoid and susceptible to betrayal.

Hager makes a nice little subtle reference to the extremely toxic atmosphere in the world of fashion and modelling. Okay you're
Angela Shirley
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb-reviews
Now Cecily has all she wants will her world end up perfect or will it come crashing down around her.

Cecily is now famous with her acting and modelling but getting used to the celebrity life especially being so young in the middle of this crazy world but she still has one constant with Andrew. He is the only person who seems to get her, although one night may change that forever.

Andrew is living the dream, a great career and a beautiful girlfriend but one night may ruin his life as he knows it wh
Liz
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the second novel in The Cecily Taylor Series and I personally recommend that you read the first book before diving into this one. This one deals with where Cecily is after making her big decision that was the center of the first book. I won’t give much details outside of what you already find in the synopsis because that would spoil the whole novel in my opinion. This is one you will find yourself feeling a tad nostalgic if you are more my age, for your high school years. I personally lo ...more
Cindy
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In Over Her Head
Lights, Camera, Anxiety
The Cecily Taylor Series
Book 2
By Krystal Lindsay Hager
☆☆☆☆☆
This is the perfect YA story. It is a full length novel that is set for those young women in high school. Set for those 12 and older, with a nice storyline.

Cecily believes she has it all. Great friends, a modeling job and is dating her favorite musician. Even though for now it must remain a secret, she is happy until? Until everything around her changes. Her best friend is ghosting her. Everything
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is the 2nd book in The Cecily Taylor Series, so it really is a bit important to read Can Dreams Come True? (Book 1) FIRST! Cecily is a sweet girl with a few good issues, but nothing that would make me dislike her whatsoever. She thinks life is going great with Andrew, who has a HUGE heart, and they actually are when BAM! See, she's trying to become a famous actress, and he's a rock star, so you already know that the media will become a problem, and it do ...more
Dawn Yacovetta
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect angst-ridden teen love story with a twist. Cecily has problems with anxiety, and this issue bleeds into everything in her day from school to her social life. It's an issue so many teens face today, and I thought it was well written by this author. We're taken into the mind of a teen girl who has anxious thoughts about everything - tests, friendships, her parents, her career choices, and her love life. When she connects with another soul who has the same issue, eveything in bo ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It is the second book in this series which is just as great as the first one. I highly suggest that you read the first book as well. This is a well developed story where the author’s attention to details made me feel part of the story. This is an engaging story that has relatable characters. Cecily feels that she has it all, a great job, a best friend and a boyfriend. What will happen when her best friend starts ditching her? She has never had a relationship like the one she ...more
Karyn Taylor
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is the 2nd book in the young adult Cecily Taylor series by Krysten Lindsay Hager. I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was looking forward to seeing what was in store next for Cecily and Andrew.
This is a really great young adult romance book, which is also suitable for older adults like myself who enjoy and good romance novel.
One thing I love so much about this series of books is the way that the subject of anxiety is so well dealt with.
Angela
Apr 07, 2021 rated it liked it
3 Stars

In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is the second book in The Cecily Taylor series by Krysten Lindsay Hager.
This is a little more angsty than the first book, with anxiety, misunderstandings, and jealousy, the order of the day. It is a YA romance story- with teenage drama, friendship, angst, jealousy, and first love.
Again, as with the first book, this is definitely suited to a younger audience, that’s not to say that I don’t enjoy YA stories, because I do- but I found this one a li
Betsy Melano
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety by Krysten Lindsay Hager is the second book in The Cecily Taylor series. The story picks up from the first book as we read that Cecily and Andrew are continuing to talk and date. The two of them are figuring out what a long distance relationship entail as Andrew goes off to work on writing and recording some songs. Add into this stress and anxiety, Cecily’s best friend Lila pulls away when Cecily voices her opinion on Lila taking back her ex boyfriend. T ...more
Tracy Wilkin
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is book two in the Cecily Taylor series by Krysten Lindsay Hager. This series is a fabulous one for the young lover of romance. They are sweet with just enough angst and drama to keep you avidly glued to the pages, without being too descriptive or suggestive. Cecily seems to have it all. A career that was about to take off, a boyfriend that was both sweet and attentive, and a life that was envied and respected. But there would not be a story if there was ...more
Angelina Frazzini
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety by Krysten Lindsay Hager is book two of The Cecily Taylor Series. You should read book one before reading this book.

Cecily has it all or at least it feels like it. She’s got the best friend, the boyfriend, the great job. It’s all going so well. That is u til her best friend d starts ditching her and everything seems to spiral from there until it crashes down when she sees a picture of Andrew with another girl. Was everything picture perfect or too good
Moriah Venable
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In Over Her Head is the second novel in the Cecily Taylor series by Krysten Lindsay Hager. This is my second novel by this author.

Cecily is now dating her favorite singer, Andre Holliday. But things can get complicated when he is in L.A. for two weeks and not be able to talk much. With their relationship still new, will it be able to handle the time apart?

I loved the first novel and was excited about this one. Cecily grows a lot in this novel when it comes not only to her relationship with Andre

• Professor Valentine: A Student-Teacher Contemporary Romance Novella (Kirk University, #1)
  • Best of my Love
  • Sons of Sindicato (Sons of Sindicato #0)
  • Strings Attached
  • 8 Second Ride
  • Sam and James A Test of Will
  • Outcast Son (Wolf Schooled #3)
  • Tainted Son (Wolf Schooled 2)
  • Sweet Melody (Seabrook)
  • Seneca Lake
  • The Burning Land (The Saxon Stories, #5)
  • New Recruit (Echo-One-Zero #1)
  • Letters from Jesus: Studies from the Seven Churches of Revelation
  • Capital Thirst
  • God-Confident Kids: Helping Your Child Find True Purpose, Passion, and Peace
  • What I Did For Love
  • Kissing the Kavalier
  • Sinners' Opera
I write novels about friendships, dealing with self-doubt, finding where you belong as well as your soulmate. My sister says my books are an airing of my grievances, but I like to think I’m just working through issues via my characters to help my readers work through theirs. Either way, the bumps along the road gave me a lot of material.

I’ve been writing since I was a kid, but my mom made me show

News & Interviews