Start by marking “In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)” as Want to Read:
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)

In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)

Cecily wants a big life, but can she handle it?

Cecily feels like she has it all: great best friends, the beginnings of a career as a model/actress, and she's dating her favorite singer, Andrew Holiday. Then Cecily's best friend Lila begins to ditch her every time Lila's boyfriend calls. Cecily feels lost, but she and Andrew begin connecting more and she's never been in a r
Published September 3rd 2019 by Clean Reads

To ask other readers questions about In Over Her Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Over Her Head

Start your review of In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)
Dash fan
4☆ Heart Warming, Fun, Sweet Contemporary Romance! Perfectly Suitable for YA Readers!

In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is the second book in the Cecily Taylor Series.

Again we catch up with Cecily and see how she's coping with her new found fame and romance.
That's all I'm going to say on the plot as if you read my first Review then you would know Cecily was in a predicament as to where her heart lay and I don't want to spoil anything.

But in this book she's made her choice, now she has to
InD'tale Magazine
"In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety" is a sweet teen romance with a Cinderella storyline!

Read full review in the 2019 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.
(Love, Stars and Books)
(I received an Review copy from the author for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

Book review: In over her head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2) by Krysten Lindsay Hager (3.5 stars)

Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

The author reached out for me to review this second book
Jessica Belmont
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Cecily Taylor series is a great second book. The reality of anxiety is definitely captured here. Although Cecily is dating a famous person, the realities of her life, the ups and downs, are definitely relatable.

Krysten Lindsay Hager captures the teenage experience really well in this series. All the emotions you experience as a teenager, then heightened by the idea of secretly dating your celebrity crush, all culminates into an entertaing read.

This is a refreshing contemporary roma
Rachel
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Cecily Taylor Series; it can be read as a standalone. So, Cecily is now Andrew Holiday’s girlfriend. It isn’t public knowledge. When she does see him it’s all very romantic, when she doesn’t see or hear from her due to his work her mind does go on overdrive, especially when she sees photos posted online of him with other girls. One photo, in particular, sends her over the edge, the trust issues come up again, is their relationship over?

This instalment was just as g
Jane Hunt
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cecily's life has moved on, she's living the dream, in book two, of The Cecily Taylor series. However, she experiences anxiety problems, when her friendships fail and her secret relationship is threatened. The disparity between the real world and the celebrity world leaves Cecily with low self-esteem and makes her doubt her relationships. If you haven't read the first book in the series, you may want to, as it introduces the characters and sets the scene for this story.

This series is aimed at
Shae
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great writing and plot!!

The title really covers the story! Cecily has so much on her mind that it feels as though it will spill over. Can she handle all the pressures that are associated with being the girlfriend of a very popular guy, her career of choice and her friends who seem to be in their own world?

I am new to the work of Krysten Lindsay Hager, but I quite enjoyed how this was written. The characters are well written and the story flows from the start to the end.

Reasons I enjoyed this bo
Angela
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book.

Absolutely loved this book. It is so well written and deals with what teens are going through. The insecurities that not only teenagers feel but many adults feel as well.
Samantha
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This is the second book in the Cecily Taylor Series. In this installment we pick up right where the first book, Can Dreams Come True? finishes. In this book we get to experience more of Cecily's relationships with Andrew, her friends and even her family members.

Once again, Krysten delivers us an innocent and sweet read as we continue on in the life of Cecily Taylor
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Ahhh… all the angst of the teen years.

I am the mother of teen daughter. I’ve seen how it doesn’t take much to create problems, or to cause the tears to flow, so it shouldn’t have surprised me that our heroine is in tears in the first few pages of this book. As an adult, I honestly rolled my eyes a bit at what seemed to be an overreaction to the situation, but…I do remember being a teen. I wouldn’t go back to those days on a bet!

Cecily is a sweetheart. I really liked her. And I liked Andrew. I di
Ruth Hill
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

First of all, I did not read the first book in the series, but I am well aware of Krysten Lindsay Hager (although this is the first book of hers that I am officially reviewing). When it comes to Young Adult books, this is the author to choose. There is NOTHING inappropriate in this book of hers, and I believe that teenage girls searching for "chick lit" that a
Sharon
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Getting up early is my least favorite thing on the planet—other than pop quizzes—but today I had to get up so I could see my boyfriend before he flew off to L.A. Boyfriend. I couldn’t believe I could now call my favorite singer of all time, Andrew Holiday, my boyfriend.

This is book 2 in the Cecily Taylor series and I did not read book 1. It can be read on its own, though it took some time for me to get up to speed on Cecily and Andrew’s relationship.

The book is clean young adult fiction with
Hasanthi
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read the very first book of this series. Therefore I did not hesitate to read the second one. This is what made me the book so special to me;

The Characters – Specially the character of Andrew, made me want him as my boyfriend 🙂 😉 He is understanding and he is the type of boyfriend, every girl wishes for.
The story deal with a few deep topics, such as anxiety, dealing with anxiety and relationships at a deeper level.
Completely romantic and cute, full of love and drama.
Speaks to the hear
Em Jackson
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
In Over Her Head is the second in the Cecily Taylor series, and takes place directly after the events of the first. Here, we follow Cecily discover what it means to privately date a celebrity, deal with jealousy, and be rocketed into a world she absolutely didn’t prepare for. Can she do it? Is her and Andrew’s relationship too fresh and new to withstand the storm? Only time, and a lot of dedication and self-reflection will tell. Are they even ready for this? Who knows.

Written in the same 1st per
Amy Shannon
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grand read

Hager pens a grand story in In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety. It's a grand story about Cecily, and her ups and downs. She is a strong character, yet she also anxiety (hence the title of the story). Cecily is challenged, especially when her perfect world starts to slowly break apart and crumble. The reader is taken on Cecily's journey, as she falls out of perfection, and has to truly deal with more than she bargained for. It's a well-written, well-developed story, with great ch
Anik-mamabearsbookshelf
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would like to say thank you to NetGalley, Krysten Lindsay Hager and
Clean Reads for giving me a chance of reading and reviewing this book.

This is book 2 of the Cecily Taylor series. In book 2 Cecily thinks she has it all, good friends a boyfriend that turns out to be her favourite singer and she has a job has a model/actress. Its everything she has ever dreamt about. Everything was going well till her best friend Lila started ignoring her for her boyfriend. With Lily ignoring Cecily, it helps
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety is the 2nd book in The Cecily Taylor Series, so it really is a bit important to read Can Dreams Come True? (Book 1) FIRST! Cecily is a sweet girl with a few good issues, but nothing that would make me dislike her whatsoever. She thinks life is going great with Andrew, who has a HUGE heart, and they actually are when BAM! See, she's trying to become a famous actress, and he's a rock star, so you already know that the media will become a problem, and it do ...more
Dawn Yacovetta
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect angst-ridden teen love story with a twist. Cecily has problems with anxiety, and this issue bleeds into everything in her day from school to her social life. It's an issue so many teens face today, and I thought it was well written by this author. We're taken into the mind of a teen girl who has anxious thoughts about everything - tests, friendships, her parents, her career choices, and her love life. When she connects with another soul who has the same issue, eveything in bo ...more
Tiziana Langone
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Is it all only glitter and glam?

The adventures of Cecliy continues. She is now officially dating Andrew. As to say, as officially as possible, because Andrew wants to keep the relationship a secret.
Not because he’s ashamed, but he wants to protect Cecily.
But Cecily is happy with this, because even despite the distance between them, the connection they have is real.

But when her best friend Lila is putting her and Allie aside to be part of the popular chicks, Cecily feels more alone than she
Tanya
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She seemed very o have everything, a budding career, a great friend and even a great boyfriend. Then her friend drops her Every time their boyfriend calls. Then pictures appear of him with another woman. Has she now lost everything she had ever wanted? See if she gas

Lisa H
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Self esteem.

Lies at the heart of this YA read. Cecily is in her first sort of secret relationship with Andrew.

Told first person, from Cecily’s pov this was a nice YA read that dips a little toe in a tiny bit of Adulting 101.

She will need to confront an image of Andrew with another girl.

Recommend
Jeanne Richardson
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written by Krysten Lindsay Hager; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the story line between Cecily and Andrew.

Kimberly
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult romantic comedy read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable funny romance read.

Please Pass the Books
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety by Krysten Lindsay Hager is the second book in the teen contemporary romance and coming of age Cecily Taylor Series, preceeded by book one, Can Dreams Come True?

In this installment, Cecily is officially—albeit secretly, at his request—in a steady relationship with her famous musician crush, and now boyfriend, Andrew Holiday. The couple texts and video chats almost daily while Andrew is on the road, and they confide in each other when it comes to their pr
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Carl R.
Paula Riccobono
Wendy

• Withstanding the Enemy
  • Trust in You (Falling for You, #1)
  • A Good Demon Is Hard to Find
  • Art and Soul
  • Sam and James A Test of Will
  • Captured by Her Enemy Knight
  • An Implacable Woman
  • Outcast Son (Wolf Schooled #3)
  • The Poor Relation
  • Every Little Secret
  • The Warrior Knight and the Widow
  • Tainted Son (Wolf Schooled 2)
  • Sweet Melody (Seabrook)
  • Seneca Lake
  • The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt Book 1)
  • The Burning Land (The Saxon Stories, #5)
  • New Recruit (Echo-One-Zero #1)
  • Letters from Jesus: Studies from the Seven Churches of Revelation
Krysten Lindsay Hager writes about friendship, self-esteem, fitting in, frenemies, crushes, fame, first loves, and values. She is the author of True Colors, Best Friends...Forever?, Next Door to a Star, Landry in Like, and Competing with the Star (The Star Series: Book 2). Her work has been featured in USA Today, The Flint Journal, the Grand Haven Tribune, the Bellbrook Times, and on Living Dayton ...more

News & Interviews

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”  Theodor Geisel said...