Start by marking “The Software Architect Elevator: Transforming Enterprises with Technology and Business Architecture” as Want to Read:

As the digital economy changes the rules of the game for enterprises, it's also changing the role of architects. In addition to making technical decisions, architects can help change the organization's structure and processes to support this transition. To do that, architects need to take the express elevator from the engine room to the penthouse, where business strategy r ...more
Published April 7th 2020 by O'Reilly Media

To ask other readers questions about The Software Architect Elevator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Software Architect Elevator

Start your review of The Software Architect Elevator: Transforming Enterprises with Technology and Business Architecture
Kief Morris
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A practical and useful guide for anyone who bridges technology and the rest of a business. Gregor has a wealth of experience as a Chief Architect, CTO, and consultant at global financial institutions, digital startups, and global cloud providers. He gets what is important about technology for a business, and how to communicate that.

The section on how to communicate is outstanding, concrete advice on how to write memos, presentations, and create diagrams from someone who has both on both sides of
Julien Sobczak
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best book I've read about the role of an architect.

Leading tech companies such as Google are built on great software architecture without any designated architects in their ranks. But for most companies, IT is not seen as the principal innovation driver, and having an architect spending its days in the elevator trying to communicate ideas to make code fills their business job is more than welcome. But we need to clarify the architect role. This is the subject of this book.

It's not a technica
Igor Gentil
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best book I’ve read this year by far!!
Roberto Vargas O.
In a digital transformation time, the Software Architect Elevator is a must!

I loved every single part of this book, not only Gregor has so many insights and guidance for us architects that are part of big enterprises making the change to Digital Companies, but he is able to make it entertaining! Strongly recommended, a book that will be key in this turning point in the world of big companies.
Maziarka.Radoslaw
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you were expecting a book on technical details, probably you would be disappointed. Fortunately, I was looking for a book to get an insight into being a Software Architect in a larger organization. And I got a lot of food for thought: organizational management, cognitive biases, queue theory, Wardley Maps, system thinking, and a lot more combine in a very cohesive way. Especially last by one chapter is very interesting, about additional dimension to perceive our work.

The disadvantage is that
Stephen Kawaguchi
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Michael
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Resonated well with me. Lots of good quality theorizing on all maters of software architecture. Politics and technical topics are covered equally well. Not as practical as I expected, but well worth a read for anyone developing software for a living.

I took lots of notes and have a plethora of books marked to read.
Vorapol Jittamas
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
An overview book of what architecture should do and a guideline on how to do it
Denis
Joel Alvarado
Jan 02, 2021

• Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach
  • Thinking in Systems: A Primer
  • Children of the Mind (Ender's Saga, #4)
  • Righting Software
  • Xenocide (Ender's Saga, #3)
  • The Unicorn Project
  • Accelerate: Building and Scaling High-Performing Technology Organizations
  • Speaker for the Dead (Ender's Saga, #2)
  • Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)
  • Master and Apprentice (Star Wars)
  • The Time of Contempt (The Witcher, #2)
  • What Got You Here Won't Get You There in Sales: How Successful Salespeople Take It to the Next Level
  • Wieża Jaskółki (Saga o Wiedźminie, #4)
  • Baptism of Fire (The Witcher, #3)
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (The Carls, #2)
  • Hit Refresh
  • "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?": A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »