Start by marking “Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)

Two Victims

(DCI Rachel King #2)

Detective Rachel King has two victims to deal with. The first woman was local nurse, Agnes Moore. One of the victim’s friends makes contact but then disappears.

Does Rachel have a serial killer on her hands? And what was Agnes really helping local girls with?

Will Rachel’s former lover, well-know villain Jed McAteer come back to haunt her with his connections to the
Published July 31st 2019 by Joffe Books mysteries and thrillers

To ask other readers questions about Two Victims, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Victims

Start your review of Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)
Louise Wilson
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DCI Rachel King #2

A woman's body had been found at a building site. She'd been shot. While forensics are searching the site, another body is found. They manage to identify the first body but they are having a little difficulty in identifying the second victim.

This is a fast paced page turner. We are on the second book in this series and I'm really liking it. DCI Rachel King is given the case of what she thinks is one murder case. And it's not proving to be a easy case to solve when they
Linda Strong

Detective Rachel King and her team are investigating a woman found murdered in a building site. It's when another body is found just a couple of feet away that things get interesting.

The second woman found was killed earlier. There is no identification and no one seems to be missing who fit her description. The first woman found was a nurse, Agnes Moore.

When the investigation goes further, King discovers that Agnes had secrets .. is that why she was killed? What's her connection with Victim # 2
Sue
TWO VICTIMS is the second book in a brilliant crime series by best-selling author, Helen Durrant. Both these novels feature detective DCI Rachel King, a thirty-nine-year old divorced mother of two teenage daughters who lives next door to ex-husband Alan. Having enjoyed reading most of her novels, I look forward to starting the second book in this new series. The novel is set in the Cheshire, ten miles outside Manchester.

A murdered woman found buried on a building site, with a bullet to her
Gary
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the DCI Rachel King Series by author Helen H Durrant following on from 'Next Victim'. This book can be read as a stand-alone.
DCI Rachel King is a divorced mother of two teenage girls and lives next door to ex husband Alan in the Cheshire village of Poynton, just outside from central Manchester. Rachel is good at her job and juggles the strains of her job, her teenage girls and her secret of former lover, a well-know villain Jed McAteer. In 'Two Victims' Rachel is faced
The Cats’ Mother
Two Victims is the second book about Manchester-based DCI Rachel King. I received a free ARC from NetGalley, but bought and read the first one as I like to read series in order, then needed a bit of a break, so this review is a bit late.
You do get enough backstory to skip the first one, although events and characters from it are frequently referred to, without significant spoilers, so it depends on how much this would bother you.

Set a few months after Next Victim, this has Rachel investigating
Kat Dietrich

Two Victims by Helen H. Durrant is the second in the Detective Rachel King series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Joffe Books, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background: (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
DCI Rachel King is with the serious crime squad for east Manchester. Her team consists of: DS Elwyn Pryce, her long-time colleague and friend; DC Jonny
Joanna Larum
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Detective Rachel King series and the characters are being filled out with more detail about them. Rachel is a divorcee with two teenage daughters and struggles with balancing her career and her job. I can relate to her so much as I well remember being a single working mother of teenagers and every note about their lives rings so true.
This time, a body of a young woman is found in a trench on a building site and as the police examine the area, another body is found,
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow the author has nailed it with this one

This is book 2 in the DCI Rachel King series set in Manchester. We first met Rachel and her team in Next Victim which was a brilliant introduction to the series.

Rachel's domestic life adds an interesting vein to the series as does her past. Divorced (with her ex husband living next door), Rachel is trying to juggle a demanding career with the problems that come with bringing up 2 teenage girls. Megan is at university and that brings its own issues
Pat
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Next Victim, but found this a little lacklustre and samey. Rachel's former boyfriend is again implicated in the murders (he owns the building site where the victims are found) and one of her daughter is being difficult, again. Durrant is a reliably good author but this wasn't one of her better efforts.
Aurialis
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-reviews
Note - I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

NCIS - that's what this book reminded me of. Super forensic scientist, best Medical examiners, a team of investigators.... Even the dialogues were similar. Like, ' I will know more when we do the autopsy' and 'The dead talks to us'.

However, the most annoying part of the book was Rachel, AKA 'the heroine'. All her reactions were completely off. Instead of senior investigator and divorced mother of two, she was more like a
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for an advance copy of Two Victims, the second novel to feature DCI Rachel King of the East Manchester police.

Rachel and the team are called out to a murder on a building site. A woman, later identified as Agnes Moore, has been recently killed by a shot to the back of the head. While searching the site the forensics team find a second body buried deeper but shot the same way. Who is she and what is her link to Agnes?

I enjoyed Two Victims which is a
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the first in this series Next Victim, at the beginning of the year, so I jumped at the chance to read this one. Don’t worry if you haven’t read the first, it can be read as a stand-alone.

A woman’s body is found on a building site and Rachel is tasked to investigate. What she didn’t count on was a second body being discovered underneath it!

The building site is linked to her old flame and crook turned businessman Jed McAteer but did he have anything to do with the murders?

Two Victims is a
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Rachel King series, which, incidentally for me, is set in Manchester. It follows on from the Next Victim, which was a fab read as well.
The main character, Rachel is juggling life as a mother of teenagers, whilst living next door to her ex husband and trying to concentrate on work. The tension builds up theoughout the book and I found I really didn't want to put it down to do my hum drum things in life! I love Helen's books and this one proves no different, fantastic
Kalyn Woodbury
Unfortunately, and through no fault of the author, I couldn't connect with this book. It took me over a month to finish (which is a LONG time for me) and I really had to force myself not to DNR it.

The plot was intriguing enough and the writing was more than acceptable, so I can list any reasons as to why I didn't enjoy it. But at any rate, this wasn't my cup of tea, and I won't be rating it publicly due to that.

If this book sounds interesting to you at all, please give it a try. It might be the
booklover BEV
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of action

DCI Rachel King, set in Manchester's criminal underworld is on the case of a double murder. Victim Agnes Moore been shot in the head, believed by friends to be away on holiday, works in the homeless shelter and nurse at the health centre. The other victim is an unknown body of a woman in a pink uniform. The book has everything as you read drugs, trafficking,prostitution and enslaving foreign girls. Nicu Bogdan is connected with a lot of organised crimes is the man Rachel and the
Heather Fineisen
A perfectly good entry in the books by Durrant. Strong characters, back stories, cliffhanger. Reads like a crime soap opera. This one is about past loves, human trafficking and grooming girls for prostitution. Good characters and could be a standalone. I always pick Durrant' s books for a quick, consistent read.

Copy provided by the Publisher and NetGalley
Alyson Read
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Building on the successful first book featuring DCI Rachel King "Next Victim", this is the second book and it is a fine sequel. Rachel King is a working mother of two argumentative teenage girls, student Megan and schoolgirl Mia, with the strange living arrangement of having her ex-husband Alan living next door. Handy for childcare and home-cooked meals but sometimes she feels trapped by the past. Also looming large in her past is local crime baron Jed McAteer with whom she had an affair years ...more
Denise
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two women are found murdered in the trench of a building site. Both were killed by a single gun shot. One of them is identified as a local nurse, Agnes Moore. She's said to have been an angel to young women from the streets who were in distress. The other body is about 2 months older and the police have no leads on who she is or why she was killed. In addition, a teenaged girl on the run is hiding from some very bad people and she may have vital information for DCI Rachel King and her team. ...more
Vanessa
Two Victims by Helen H Durrant was just Brilliant. This is the second book in the Detective Inspector Rachel King series.

WoW what a book this was. Detective Inspector Rachel King and her team are called to a woman's body found on a building site. Whilst they were there, they find another decomposing body underneath the first body they found.
The first body was of a practice nurse at a GP surgery, called Agnes Moore. She been an angel to young women from the streets and who may be homeless, who
Misfits farm
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Agnes is a practice nurse at a GP surgery. She likes to help out the homeless and needy when she can and also helps at the local homeless hostel. When she is found dead with a bullet through her head things don’t add up as everyone appeared to like her but there are rumours of her making a profit which adds to the confusion. When the scene is investigated another body is found close by, again of a woman killed by a bullet around two months before hand. DCI Rachel King is trying to put the pieces ...more
Janet Newport
Thank you NetGalley and Joffe Books for this arc.

This is the 2nd Rachel King story and a good one. Rachel is called out to the scene where a body has been found on a construction site.... oops! There's another body found under the first one. The police team has to find out who the bodies are before they can really start investigating the murders. The story move from slow to fast and then picks up again before slowing some more. The slow spots are filled in with Rachel's domestic dramas. Is she
Lex Nuttall
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy to read, followed its own plot easily

To begin with I had several jumpstarts with this book, I had a bit of trouble naturally falling into a reading burst (although I did force myself to persist and finished the book in a day). The storyline itself just easy to follow, has a few simple twists and turns but overall I didn’t find it exceptionally twisting compared to other crime mystery novels I have read recently.
My first issue was I really struggled to connect with main character Rachel
Annette
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second in the DCI King series and it's another brilliant read full of suspense. The characters have developed well and the writing is exceptional. I read it in two sittings which could quite easily have been one if life hadn't got in the way. I eagerly await the next in the series and highly recommend this book to anyone hooked on crime thrillers.
Steven Toby
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Complex Story

While I found a different protagonist created by the same author more entertaining because he was handicapped psychologically, no praise would be too high for this plot. It’s one of those where the body is discovered on the first page and every time Manchester’s finest seem to be about to nab him, the suspect is found dead! So we the audience are kept guessing. Who’s the mastermind? Could it be the man our heroine had an affair with 20 years ago?
Like other books by the same
R.L.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read, this book has a lot going for it. The protagonist, Rachel King, has a problem in that she was involved with a man in her teen years who it turns out is a notorious gangster turned real estate mogul. As a police officer she can't let anyone know she knows him, but complications from this case seem to take her on a collision course towards him.
Mags Leeder
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good read, couldn’t put it down had a good twist at the end I enjoyed this book and if you like crime stories then you will enjoy this
Geraint griffiths
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Loved this book hooked from page one .Interesting plot and characters .A good twist at the end which I did not see coming . Thoroughly recommend this book .
Juliette Barker
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly good!
Aimee
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Mystery, Not A Massive Twist

Two Victims was a bit more interesting than the first Rachel King book. However, I don't believe the ending was a 'massive twist'. Most of the ending was a bit obvious just by deductive reasoning. And I am not fond of the Rachel King character. She seems a bit of a liar and dishonest in her private life, as well as in her career. The story was interesting, like I said. I just don't have sympathy for characters like Rachel King.

I do like Helen H. Durrant's
Mrs Annette
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant fast pacing thriller.

I would recommend this book to anyone liking down to earth characters who get you involved in their lives. Fast paced and a page turner. Can't wait for the next book. Hope it won't be long.
« previous 1 3 next »

• MURDEROUS SECRETS (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #6)
  • Darkness on the Fens (DI Nikki Galena, #10)
  • Silent Crimes
  • Dead of Night
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
  • Watch Her Die
  • The Killing Code (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #3)
  • Borderlands (DCI Ryan Mysteries #14)
  • The Flower Show Murder (Monica Noble, #2)
  • Fear on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #3)
  • Ryan's Christmas (DCI Ryan Mysteries #15)
  • The Missing Wife (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #2)
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #1)
  • The Murder Pact (DI Sara Ramsey Book 5)
  • He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)
  • THE MORALS OF A MURDERER an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 4)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • THE MISSING KILLER an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 6)

DCI Rachel King (2 books)
  • Next Victim (DCI Rachel King, #1)