Start by marking “Zara Hossain Is Here” as Want to Read:
Zara Hossain Is Here

Zara Hossain Is Here

Zara's family has waited years for their visa process to be finalized so that they can officially become US citizens. But it only takes one moment for that dream to come crashing down around them.

Seventeen-year-old Pakistani immigrant, Zara Hossain, has been leading a fairly typical life in Corpus Christi, Texas, since her family moved there for her father to work as a ped
Expected publication: April 6th 2021 by Scholastic Press

Start your review of Zara Hossain Is Here
daph pink ♡
Jan 24, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-tbr
daph pink is also here in time ?
nitya
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to the author for the ARC!

Content warning: racism/bullying, Islamophobia, gun violence, biphobia (from one character)

RTC.
anya
Sep 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Update: November 10 2020 now
Does anyone have a time machine? If so plz contact me ASAP I need a quick journey to a bookstore on July 7 2020 thx
Tova
Some things, like Fawad Khan and Zara Hossain, are worth staying up until nearly 2 am reading! RTC in April, when all of you can read this fabulous book!

My sincerest thanks to the author, Sabina Khan for providing me with an ARC. This book hit shelves April 6th, 2021.
---
And the holidays came early because I won an ARC of this book!!!!! I am so excited

Update: This is now releasing in April 2021, and its sad because I just want to read this book right now!

When I said this: I am a simple woman, I
Janna
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
i am absolutely in love with zara hossain. we've got a bisexual mc and a lesbian love interest and we even got discussions about their individual struggles! there's trans inclusive feminism, curvy main characters and a lesbian teacher.

there are literally so many important discussions in this one about white privilege, racism, xenophobia and gun violence. this is so crucial bc ya is accessible for so many and young people will learn so much from this!

our love interest struggles with having homop
Fanna
Oct 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
October 07, 2020: I mean, I'm pretty sure I would love this. ...more
Sabreena - Books and Prosecco
Apparently, this book has a lot of people obsessing about Fawad Khan... so I'm in. ...more
Jen Petro-Roy
Aug 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020, arc, ebook, lgbtq, ya
Fantastic.
Kara Jorgensen
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC from Ms. Khan through a social media giveaway.
I loved THE LOVE AND LIES OF RUKHSANA ALI, and I loved ZARA HOSSAIN IS HERE. Zara is a force to be reckoned with who loves her friends, her parents, and wants to leave the world a better place. This is a story of a young woman trying to take on racism and prejudice and fight them with all she has at her disposal. At the same time, the book is also about family, found family, community, and figuring out what is truly right or what
Salma19 (High Lady of the Dawn Court)
Well... I loved The love and lies of Rukhsana Ali. Of course this is one of my most anticipated releases! :D. I want to see my dear Muslim heroines rising up in YA.
Rachel
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult-read
Thanks to Scholastic Press for the ARC of Zara Hossain is Here.

This is my first novel to read by Khan and I was quite impressed. I enjoyed her mixture of cultural foods, language, movies, music, and so much more with enough context to understand and learn, not just drop a hint of an idea and move on.

Khan tackles the tough issues, racism and immigration, without holding punches. Showing the legal battles many immigrants go through on their path to citizenship and how even the smallest of errors
Siofra Kennedy 💚
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Sabina Khan & Scholastic Press for my advanced Arc!
Fans of 'The Hate you give' & 'From a whisper to a rallying cry' will love this book.

Zara Hossain's family move to America to give her the best future and have gone through everything to give themselves an amazing life. But when Tyler, a racist classmate starts a domino effect that leads Zara's father in the hospital; life, comfort and safety are called into question with Zara & her family.
Speaking as an im
Gargee | Wilder Girl Reads
I am ready for Sabina Khan to wreck me again like she did with The Love & Lies of Rukhsana Ali
And by that I mean, I am not ready
Ele
May 11, 2020 marked it as to-read-ya
Shelves: best-cover-ever
No. It's even worse.

It's been delayed til April

How do I live without this cover?
-------
No. No. No no no no no. NOOOO. THIS BOOK WAS SUSPENDED TILL NOVEMBER.

*cries*
TeensatVPL
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Reviewed by Benjamin Y.

The tale of an immigrant’s life is always filled with hardships, the sense of not belonging, and the occasional racist remarks. This ever so common story is the same for Zara, a Pakistani immigrant who came to Texas when she was only three. She was living a normal life, following all the rules just waiting for her family to get the coveted green card. Things were going smoothly that is until Zara’s dad Iqbal got charged with trespassing after being shot, ruining their chan
~em~
Jan 03, 2021 marked it as to-read
I saw this on Instagram, looked it up on GR, read the description and once I saw Corpus Christi, Texas I immediately hit “Want to Read.” I live in CC and have only read one book that takes place here. (Also, it seems like a very intriguing book).
Brenda Kahn
This was an intense read. This searingly honest depiction of racism and Islamophobia was difficult to read at times. I felt dread. I needed to put the book down. I hurt for Zara and felt infuriated by the injustice.
joey
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
really cute romance and engaging plot
Theanticharles007

• The Project
  • Such a Fun Age
  • When I Was You
  • Be Dazzled
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • The Love Curse of Melody McIntyre
  • When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)
  • The Music of What Happens
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
  • Dangerous Girls
  • I Can Be a Better You
  • A Taste for Love
  • Perfect on Paper
  • Pretty Daring
  • The Life I'm In
Sabina Khan is the author of THE LOVE & LIES OF RUKHSANA ALI (Scholastic/Spring 2019). She is an educational consultant and a karaoke enthusiast. After living in Germany, Bangladesh, Macao, Illinois and Texas, she has finally settled down in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, with her husband and three daughters, one of whom is a fur baby. She writes about Muslim teens who are straddling cultures ...more