Start by marking “And Then There Were Bones (An Italian Village Mystery, #0)” as Want to Read:
And Then There Were Bones (An Italian Village Mystery, #0)

And Then There Were Bones

(An Italian Village Mystery #0.5)

A Murder Weekend in a Calabrian Island? Sounds like fun... or maybe not?

When feisty travel writer, Giò Brando, receives an invitation to join her long-time friend on an island in Calabria for a Murder Mystery weekend, she is excited by the prospect.

To run away from the grey London weather for a while. Enjoy the Murder weekend with some celebrity guests sounds too good to b
ebook, 1, 90 pages
Published 2019 by The HomeTravellers Press

To ask other readers questions about And Then There Were Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then There Were Bones

Start your review of And Then There Were Bones (An Italian Village Mystery, #0)
Pete
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery readers
This book introduces Gio, a young woman who has returned to her home town in Italy due to a failed romance. She accepts an invitation from her friend to visit her for a murder mystery weekend, at her home on a beautiful Calabrian island.
Loosely based on the Agatha Christie book 'And Then There Were None' it does have enough differences from the original to make it a very satisfying read. There are several interesting characters to make the story intriguing, especially as there are enough of them
Amy
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-ecopy, cozies
Enjoyable prequel with a good whodunit mystery. I did have some confusion keeping all the characters straight in the beginning, but that sorted out by the middle point of the book. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Joanne Ernest
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And Then There Were Bones by Adriana Licio

What a delight to find this book! How marvelous to revisit the plot of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None! This tale begins with Gio traveling to her good friend Bianca's launch party weekend for the opening of her new guest house on a beautiful island in Italy. Included in the festivities is a Murder Game based on Ms. Christie's famous book which Bianca hopes will keep everyone entertainedwhen she makes them surrender their phones and laptops an
Roxx Tarantini
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
And Then There Were Bones is the prequel to what is currently three further volumes in the Italian Village Mysteries.  Licio's main character Gió is a bit frustrating for me.  While she seems a capable enough woman, her upcoming marriage to a man who flies several red flags  - even having only appeared in this prequel via phone conversation - makes me want to shake her!  But then, it makes me want to read the next book too, to ensure she sees the light before it's too late!

Quite apart from that
Merry Chapman
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you like Agatha Christie's And Then There were None and the game of clue, you will love this prequel to a wonderfully written series! When Gìo gets invited to Calabria Island by her friend, Bianca, for a murder mystery weekend, she accepts happily. The author writes her descriptions and characters so well she creates a movie in the mind. When some of the participants in this "game," end up dead, it is up to Gìo to find the murderer among them before she becomes another victim! This is a great ...more
Darlene Riggs
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Introducing a new mystery series worth reading!

What a great introduction to a new series! A story loosely based on Agatha Christie's novel, And Then There Were None. The fun weekend Gio had anticipated spending with her old friend soon turns deadly. And what could make it worse? Oh, possibly the fact that they are trapped, during a storm, with the murderer, on an isolated island, with all outside communications sabotaged! Adriana Licio weaves a suspenseful story with just enough red herrings to
Stephanie
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Italian take on an Agatha Christie story. Bianca moves to and island and decides to ask her friends to be the 1st guests. She makes it a murder mystery weekend. It starts out well then people start dying. The author gives you all the clues to solve the crime and I admit that I did not figure it out until the end. I love mysteries that are not easy to figure out. I recommend this story. I was given a free copy of this book at my request and this is my honest review.
SANDYE
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A suspenseful mystery full of interesting characters, all of whom become suspects in a real life murder while attending a murder mystery game weekend on an Island retreat. Lots of twists and turns, and even after reading all the way to the end, I had to re-read the ending a second time to figure out what actually happened! Fans of Agatha Christie will enjoy this story! A great start to what promises to be an interesting Italian Village mystery series!
Margaret
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
There was a lot packed into this novella, which I thoroughly enjoyed. A Murder Mystery weekend that's based on Agatha Christie's "And then there were None" turns deadly and there is no way to tell if the killer is still among them while they are trapped on the island during a storm. I really like Giò a lot. She's smart, funny and brave without being perfect. I find it very easy to relate to her. ...more
Betty.Johnson1189gmail.Com
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just read this prequel to the Italian Village Mystery series, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was fast moving and the characters were all interesting. Most fascinating to me were the descriptions of this area of Italy. I now want to visit it again. I can’t wait to get the next book in the series, as one of the favourite places we have visited is Basilicata.
Liza
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A group gather on an Italian island for a murder mystery weekend but things don't go as expected. The aim is to honour Agatha Christie in a version of "And Then There Were None" with all the guests having their own secrets - but there really is truth behind some of the fantasy.

The characters were varied and generally entertaining (except for the one designed to be annoying).

Good story
Brenda Vanpatten
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good introduction to the characters and setting for a new series. The plot is loosely based on Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. Having read Christine's book added to the enjoyment of following the plot line. I recommend this book and look forward to seeing what happens to Gio's plans in the next one. ...more
Kathleen
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a suspenseful cozy mystery with lots of action. It kept me guessing until the end. Great description of the island and rocky coastline in this Italian countryside. What starts out as a game quickly escalates to 3 separate dead bodies. Find out what is going on. I promise you will love it. I give it 5 stars.
KathyNV
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Fun weekend read! “And Then There Were Bones” moves a favorite Agatha Christie themed story to an Island getaway in Italy. If you love beautiful old guest homes, interesting people, stormy nights and mysterious cats this book is for you! This is a quick read with interesting characters, a great setting and a wonderfully tweaked plot that you won’t be able to put down. I highly recommend it!
Margery Baker
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great prequel!
Gio is invited to Calabria Island by Bianca for a murder mystery weekend that she excitingly accepts. When some of guests are murdered she begins investigating to prevent further murders, especially her own. A terrific first book in this new series.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Andrea
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
I loved the “And Then There Were None” references! I loved how this provides a realistic back story for how Giò could go about solving a crime, so the next one she solves makes sense. I like the clues that were scattered and how Giò brought those clues together. This is a great series!
Donnie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well written mystery echoing Agatha Christi’s book, And Then There Were None. I usually solve the mystery early in a book, but this story kept me guessing until almost the end.
Well done!
I recommend this book!
Gary
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pretty good mystery. Good character development. Some things, however, didn't seem quite plausible. Relationships were a bit confusing. Too much was not revealed until the end. No real opportunity for the reader to solve the mystery from the clues. Not bad, though, for a novice writer. ...more
Dave Measner
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this beginning of a new series. As it was a novella the plot moved along at a brisk pace. The characters were well enough developed and a few hints dropped here and there through the story. I look forward to reading the next installment.
CJ
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This little story, a novella actually, is nice story that fives a little background about Gio. It stands alone as a story but I would suggest reading 'Murder on the Road' the actual first book of the series first. ...more
Louise
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great introduction to a new series of books by Adriana Licio. I can tell I am going to enjoy the books. for your story.Great story using Dame Agatha Christie as an influnce
Michelle
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Fun mystery.
Ann
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
E
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the introduction novella to the series, but I read it after I read books 1, 2, and 3. Nice little mystery introducing me to Gio.
Mary Carlotto
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was was a very good read. I enjoyed it very much. You will too.
Mrs Jeanne
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting and unusual story line set on an island of the coast of Calabria in Italy. A surprising twist at the end. An easy sunny afternoon read with a glass of wine in the garden.
Cheryl
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story line, but the I am a big Agatha Christie fan. Lots of clues to help solve the mystery, you just have to keep your wits about you! Good read, enjoyed it.
I read a free copy.
Katrina
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
A suspenseful little book that takes place during a “Murder Weekend” at a retreat on an Italian island. Reminiscent of “And then there were None”. I enjoyed it.
Wendy Campbell
Mar 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable start to the series.
Kathleen Becker
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

• A Stately Murder (A Charleton House Mystery, #0.5)
  • Murder in the City (Country Girl in the Big City Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Criminals on Campus (Country Girl in the Big City Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery Boxed Set: Books 1 - 12
  • Fireworks in France
  • Victim at the Vet (Country Girl in the Big City Cozy Mystery Book 3)
  • A Deadly Tonic (Eliza Thomson Investigates, #1)
  • A Dog with Two Tales (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #0.5)
  • Inn Over Her Head (Dusky Cove B&B Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Murder in the South of France (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #1)
  • Baa'd to the Bone (An Animal Cozy Mystery Series, #1)
  • Danger at the Dive Shack (Dive Shack Mysteries, #1)
  • Death by Dark Roast (A Charleton House Mysteries, #1)
  • Girl Under Fire (A Sam Hemming FBI Thriller Prequel)
  • 15 Minutes (Maizie Albright Star Detective #1)
  • Lethal Lobster (Cruise Ship Mysteries #3)
  • Dogcatcher in the Rye (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #1)
Adriana lives somewhere stuck on the Apennine mountains in southern Italy not far from Maratea, the Mediterranean setting for her cozy series "An Italian Village Mystery".

Get a taste of Adriana's world reading "And Then There Were Bones" the prequel to her series, exclusive to subscribers on her mailing list - https://adrianalicio.com/murderclub

She loves loads of things: traveling, reading, wal

An Italian Village Mystery (5 books)
  • Murder on the Road (An Italian Village Mystery Book 1)
  • A Fair Time For Death (An Italian Village Mystery, #2)
  • A Mystery Before Christmas (An Italian Village Mystery, #3)
  • Peril at the Pellicano Hotel (An Italian Village Mystery Book 4)

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...