Start by marking “Rebirth” as Want to Read:
Rebirth

Rebirth

WARNING: CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. This book may include mysterious thieves, soul-weary assassins, paranormal archivists, reformed vampires, apprentice magicians, and clown armies.

You may be transported to a small moon orbiting Neptune, a bridge that erases your past, a store selling re-purposed family members, a dinner party served by fey waiters, a haunted golf course,
Published July 20th 2019 by Havok Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Rebirth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebirth

Start your review of Rebirth
Nicole Dust
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did I love all the stories in here? No.

But did the ones I love overpower the ones I didn’t? YOU BET THEY DID.

One of my personal favorites is The Devil Went Down to Costco. This story is the actual best thing ever. Maybe it’s because I’m a grocery store employee. But it’s genuinely funny.
R.F. Gammon
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't love all of these stories but most of them are FANTASTIC.
Kristiana Y. Sfirlea
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The best thing about this anthology is no matter what genre of speculative fiction you like best, there's going to be a sizable chunk of stories in here that you'll adore.

And the rest of them? Well, you might just find yourself enjoying new genres and styles that you'd never considered before!

These are my personal, five star favorites (in order of appearance):

When Magic Died by Michael Dolan
Now THIS is the way to start a book! Comical dragons, snarky magic, a great big serving of "let's make
Lila Kims

This anthology includes some of the best short stories I have EVER read. Since this is my first actual print publication, there's probably a biiiiit of bias here, but thinking of the stories besides my own (which is only a small percentage of the anthology), I truly believe that Havok has published in this collection some of the most incredible, highest-quality flash stories of all time.

I'll be back with a little list of my absolute favorites soon!!
Tracey Dyck
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
WARNING: CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE says the back cover... and for good reason! This anthology of flash fiction* packs more than a few punches. There's everything from spaceships to royalty, dragons to dinosaurs, assassins to butt-kicking grandpas.

*flash fiction = a story 1,000 words or less

Some of MY personal favorites are...

-Life Cycle 63 // Just B. Jordan
-Bitten // Jessi Roberts
-The Misfits // Samwise Graber
-Gilded Finality // Brianna Tibbets
-Seeing is Believing // Clarissa Ruth
-Corruption's Kis
Madeline Rose
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I...I don't even know where to start. I LOVED THIS ANTHOLOGY SO MUCH.
I would love to go over every single story, but...that could take eons. So instead, I'm going to give you a rapid-fire list of the stories that I loved best. Keep in mind, they're all fantastic and unique and you should read allll of them, but these are the ones that I personally connected with the most.

When Magic Died by Michael Dolan
Wow. This was the right way to open the book. I am LIVING for that ending and I also need a fu
Rachel
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Star

Being an editor for Havok, I'm a bit biased. I had read many of the stories on the website as they released so I mostly just caught up on the ones I missed and the exclusives to the anthology. It has stories that will make you laugh to ones that will make you cry. It's immersive yet each story is short enough that it can be read in just a few minutes if you want to read something but don't have time to get very involved. My favorites are... too many to list here. But I have 11 favorites
Beka
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
SO MANY FUN STORIES.

I can’t get “Ghost of the Golf Course” out of my head—the narrative voice, the twists—the kind of story I love to read and want to write.

Now I’m inspired to work on my ghostly retelling of the Tantalus myth set on a spaceship.
Jim
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rebirth is a compilation of flash fiction (primarily) of fantasy and science fiction. On a scale of 1 to 10 as an average for all forty-eight, I would rate this about a seven. I believe a reader of sci-fi and fantasy is going to enjoy a large majority of these stories.
In my opinion, the best stories are J. L. Knight’s "If These Walls Could Talk" (a fantastic blend of language, atmosphere, and voice), Katherine Vinson’s "Words" (fascinating and well-executed), and Lila Kims’ "Every Drop of Soul"
Erudessa Gentian
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I now love anthologies, thanks to this book!
As with all collections of stories, I didn't love all of them. But honestly, I don't really remember which ones, because the stories I did love overshadowed the rest.
All of the stories are 1,000 words or less, which makes it a perfect travel book! I read most of it on a plane flight, and for once didn't mind the interruptions natural to any trip, because I almost never had to stop in the middle of a chapter or story arc.
Katie Robles
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Fun, short stories that are great when I don't have a lot of time, but I really want a good story. Imaginative and wonderful.
L.G.
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-it
Obviously, my favorite is "Rendering." ;) I truly love that story, and I hope others do, too. It rattled around in my brain for ten years before I put it on paper!

My favorites:
"Life Cycle 63"- I cried a tiny bit. Beautifully written. Poignant and powerful.
"The Pet Rock Named Dave"- So. Hilarious. I don't know where this idea came from, but I laughed out loud.
"Run"- So upsetting but amazing. This story made my stomach clench the whole time I was reading!
"If These Walls Could Talk"- Love it. I l
Deena
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
O enjoyed the majority of the stories, and there are a lot to choose from!
Emily Grant
Sep 19, 2019
Emileigh Latham
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessi Roberts
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bryce Hegenderfer
Jul 28, 2019
L.G.
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nathan
Apr 30, 2020
Just Jordan
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Georgia Acker
Dec 26, 2019
Rachel Tettleton
Dec 16, 2019
Teddi Deppner
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Caleb M
Oct 19, 2019
Carie Juettner
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rebel Rider
Sep 15, 2019
Lisa Godfrees
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Noah Litle
Aug 25, 2019

• The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Adorning the Dark: Thoughts on Community, Calling, and the Mystery of Making
  • With the Fire on High
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Oath of the Outcast (The Dragon Keep Chronicles, #1)
  • Sex, Soup, and Two Fisted Eating: Hilarious Weightloss for Wives
  • The Beast of Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley, #1)
  • David Mogo, Godhunter
  • Keen (Banshee Song #1)
  • A Billy Coffey Collection: When Mockingbirds Sing, The Devil Walks in Mattingly, In the Heart of the Dark Woods
  • Mistaken Divinity: A Beaumont and Beasley Story
  • Resurgence (The Blood Race, #3)
  • How We Rise (How We Rise #1)
  • Fawkes
  • Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl
  • Ghostlight (The Reflected City #1)
  • Rise of the Wolf (Mark of the Thief, #2)

News & Interviews