Start by marking “Buffalo Dogs (The Amazing Conroy Book, #0)” as Want to Read:
Buffalo Dogs (The Amazing Conroy Book, #0)

Read Book* *Different edition

Buffalo Dogs

(The Amazing Conroy #0)

He's the greatest hypnotist in known space.

And it might cost him his life.

The Arconi take two things seriously — absolute truth and their prize commodity: buffalo dogs.

When one of Conroy's hypnotic suggestions is taken literally, they arrest him in the middle of his stage act.

Now he's facing execution or a bill for a $10 million alien creature.

Can he use hypnosis t

Published July 15th 2019 by Paper Golem LLC (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Buffalo Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffalo Dogs

Start your review of Buffalo Dogs (The Amazing Conroy Book, #0)
Montzalee Wittmann
What a fun story about a hypnotist and little buffalo dogs!

Buffalo Dogs by Lawrence M. Schoen has such a cute cover I just had to get it! It is a short story, a prequel of sorts, about a hypnotist on a planet where these Buffalo Dogs are raised and smugglers are executed immediately! The story leads the reader on a fun run of crazy circumstances that ends with knowledge of Conroy and the Buffalo Dogs for the series! Picked up book one!
Mrklingon
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
Amazing is the word!

Lots of fun - with some clever twists and turns, this is a terrific story!
David Caldwell
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hypnotist in space

A hypnotist is on a planet controlled by a telepathic race that does not lie. They are fascinated and confused by hypnotism. These two points lead to a quite funny chance for an interesting caper.

This is the first short story featuring the Amazing Conroy. Conroy is part entertainer and part conman who is always on the lookout for an opportunity. The story is not very long so it reads quickly but it still does a good job of introducing the main character and his personality. It
Teri Miller
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Different, interesting

Maybe I need to process this a bit more. I enjoyed the story - not holey moley jumping off the roof with glee type enjoyed, but it's different and I wasn't able to predict the ending, so points for that. Then it took a turn, not an omg I never saw that coming type of a turn, mostly I just felt disappointed. Not sure I have a right to be disappointed by an author's choice, but I was so prepared to like this character.
Mike Mackey
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story started out a little Confusing, Then it all came together. The story was Fun and the end was a surprise. A Good Read. Santa Mike
Albert
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good Story

Very enjoyable short read. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to just relax for a half-hour or so. Will probably buy more by this author.
Frank Carver
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very short book, 42 pages and about 10,000 words. That’s OK, though, as this is a series prequel and more of a short story than a novel. It’s clever, set in an interesting, universe, and features a stage hypnotist as a main character, which is fun.

Unfortunately, this is where the length becomes an issue. There’s no real opportunity for character development. There may be a major economic impact to the story world as a result of the protagonist’s choices, but as a reader I was left larg
Amelia Nichole Defield
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Indiecember Jolly/Comedy*
Very funny book! I love the clever main character and the strange aliens!
Emma
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
A short, fun, and very random book. If you like strange witty books this is for you. As you can see I do 😁
Liz Etnyre
Decent enough concept, with lots of potential for further adventures - but not enough explanation of why Conroy does some of the more ethically questionable things that he does. Without at least some exploration of the main character's motivation, the story fell rather flat for me. Just not enough of a fleshed out character for me to care about what happens next. The buffalo dogs were cute and interesting, but not enough to carry the story. 2.5 stars.
Suzette
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute sci-fi book for those times when you want to have a quick read and be entertained with some fun outlandish ideas. I wasn’t thrilled with the ending but others may think it’s pretty cool.

Reading time maybe about 1 hour tops.
Debra Chiaro
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Funny and

Funny and interesting in a strange but some how identifiable way. Mr Conroy makes us want to learn more about him and his new dog and therefore I will continue to read the next book to keep up with him and his amazing-ness.
Bryan457
Hypnotism.
Cute Buffalito puppies.
Irrational illogical bureaucratic aliens.
Larry
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very interesting story and well worth the read.
Norman
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good and interesting read. A short read but very entertaining. Kept me on the edge of my chair.
Trevor
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Short book about the Amazing Conroy, a performing hypnotist. After an incident at a show, he is arrested, which leads to an interesting career change!!
John A.
Jul 25, 2019
LC Silva
Sep 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Aliomenti Saga Box Set (Books 1-3)
  • Brindle Dragon Boxed Set: Complete Series Books 1 - 9
  • Tea & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #1)
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Mom’s The Word (Case Files Of An Urban Witch Book 5)
  • Murder of Crows (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #2)
  • Justice Calling (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #1)
  • Daybreak (Girl from the Stars, #1)
  • Not Your Ordinary Wolf Girl
  • Evolution Series Books 1-2
  • School of Necessary Magic Raine Campbell Complete Omnibus: Books 1 - 9
  • The Galactic Sentinel: Ultimate Edition - 1500+ Pages - 4 Books - And More
  • Constance (Constance #1)
  • Kindle User's Guide
  • Relics of Andromeda
  • Dragon Tear (Agents of the Crown #5)
  • Starcrossed (Starstruck, #2)
  • Starstruck (Starstruck, #1)
Lawrence M. Schoen holds a Ph.D. in cognitive psychology, is a past Astounding, Hugo, and Nebula, nominee, twice won the Cóyotl award for best novel, founded the Klingon Language Institute, and occasionally does work as a hypnotherapist specializing in authors’ issues. He is a cancer survivor.

His science fiction includes many light and humorous adventures of a space-faring stage hypnotist and his

The Amazing Conroy (7 books)
  • Buffalito Bundle (The Amazing Conroy, #1)
  • Barry's Tale (The Amazing Conroy, #2)
  • Calendrical Regression (The Amazing Conroy, #3)
  • Barry's Deal (The Amazing Conroy, #4)
  • Buffalito Destiny (The Amazing Conroy, #5)
  • Trial of the Century (The Amazing Conroy, #6)
  • Buffalito Contingency (The Amazing Conroy, #7)