Start by marking “Perfect Kiss (A Perfect Match story)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Kiss (A Perfect Match story)

Perfect Kiss (A Perfect Match story)

One kiss can change everything.

So far, Detective David Gallagher has managed to keep his private life . . . well, private. There has always been some gossip about his sexual orientation, but it’s nothing the even-tempered cop couldn’t handle. All that changes in a flash when a new fire inspector joins his task force. With a few unfortunate remarks, the openly gay Travis
Published December 21st 2019 by Riptide Publishing (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Kiss

Start your review of Perfect Kiss (A Perfect Match story)
AndyB161
Detective David Gallagher is well-respected and admired for his dedication and approachability. However, he has a secret - he is gay. Unfortunately, that secret just got a public airing on a night out. Gallagher is horrified - his mum still doesn’t know - especially as the man who outed him is the firefighter assigned to his case, Travis Sommers.

A G Meiers tells her story over three days. It's a predictable one, but Meiers seems to revel in the cliche and confidently exploit each one for her
Andrew
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Between 2 and 3 stars.

***eProof given by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review/reaction***

I needed something light to kickstart my reading year for 2020. And, with my plan to try and read some of my LGBT novels on my TBR, I decided to read this perfectly-timed holiday novella.

The arsonist case Detective David Gallagher and fire inspector Travis Sommer is finally closed. You would think the two would be celebrating. Expect David is angry at Travis. Weeks ago, openly gay
Cathy Geha
Perfect Kiss by AG Meiers

Short but sweet this enemies to lovers short story sees Detective David Gallagher and fire inspector Travis Sommer making making peace after a rough start when they met a few months before. The New Year’s Eve event at a bar they both attend gets them talking and one thing leads to another. David hasn’t been ready to come out before but might be by the end of the story. This is a predictable romance between two men that has a feel good ending. This story was not long
Kristie
This was a really cute holiday read that, well, I read after the holiday. Smaller town Fire Chief and Detective who start off on the wrong foot but find their way. It was a nice and easy read with a little angst. Not a bad way to start off the year.

ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Shakera
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This was a sweet holiday story, taking place over three days. It's an emotional three days for David as he's outed by Travis. It was a refreshing story as they air out their insecurities and choose happiness.
Tinnean
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute holiday story.
Nicole Pinto
This was just ok for me. It reads very quickly and is a m/m romance. I like the cop/fireman angle but felt this could have been a lot deeper. Thank you to netgalley for the arc.
A.L. Miller
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super cute and sweet story between two stubborn guys who finally let their guard down in New year eve. This was written from one person pov but in second person which is sometimes a hard style for me since I like knowing both people's perspectives in first person but I still enjoyed it. Sometimes the jumpe between the past and present through me off a bit though. This was a bit of an enemies to lovers trope which I usually enjoy anyway and there was a lot of tension going on between ...more
Nicholas
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this from NetGallery in exchange for an honest review.

I rather enjoyed this short story.

The story centred around New Year celebrations and followed our two lead characters Gallagher and Sommer, the former a police officer and the latter a fireman. Unfortunately Sommer outs Gallagher to his work colleague and that spirals into his family life and Gallagher isn't quite able to forgive Sommer, even though they are forced to work with each other on this case for the next three
Eva
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
perfect kiss is a new year's romance where detective david gallagher finally confronts his unresolved feelings for arson investigator travis sommer.

it all started when travis inadvertently outed david. it was not malicious at all, merely a case of bad timing and unfortunate circumstances. when david decides to go out and enjoy new year's eve, he runs into travis, and slowly comes out of his shell and allows the attraction he'd felt at their first meeting to grow.

and over the next couple of days
Andrea
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Kiss by AG Meiers

This is an adorable story of two people working through some pretty tough issues and coming out on the other side better for it, and with something new and special because of it. It’s a pretty short story, and I would have loved a full length novel to really get this story flushed out. It was pretty rushed, but I still enjoyed it. I thought David and Travis were great as characters, and their chemistry was awesome. I loved seeing a couple that had known each other for a
Lynn
A short story set over the New Year holiday. I would have prefered to have read a more in depth and longer story, with the author showing us how the two characters met, rather than telling us with an info dump at the beginning. The story also had so much more to tell after they got together, with family and work issues to be resolved.

Nonetheless it was a cute read which put a smile on my face.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher / author for providing me with a free electronic copy of this
Arwen Undomiel
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this New Year's story. Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. It was the right mix of conflict and chemistry between two believable characters. I was hoping A.G. Meiers would come out with a second book and this one didn't disappoint. I loved the connection with the first book, Perfect Match. David Gallagher is the ex-boyfriend of Sven Larsen. It's great to see him get his own "happy-ever-after" as well.
Ramona
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AG Meiers hits the right tone with this book about allowing the truth about yourself set you free and allow you happiness. Detective David Gallagher has always keep the the two sides of his life separate his personal life and his work life but when the collide with the help of Firefighter Travis Sommer he's at a loss.
He gives advice for the New Year but will he take it himself.
A really good read.
Dani(elle)
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, quick novella. I had some structural issues with how the flashbacks were shown but nothing that had me breaking my reading stride. I like the pair of a cop and a firefighter as they are some what rivals in the civil service world. I would have liked to see this as a longer work, there is more story to tell I feel, but otherwise this was nice. I'd give it a 3.5 but as goodreads doesn't do half measures and I would rather people read this than not, it gets a 4.
Bárbara
* ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley*

It was a sweet romance, and mostly I enjoyed the characters and their dynamics, but given that it was so short, I think it all went a bit too fast, and wrapped up just too nicely. I wouldn't have minded a few more chapters to truly buy into the whole story.
Alli
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this a little boring and had a hard time getting into it. Others might like it more. There wasn’t anything I hated just not that interesting of characters. Plus the flashbacks were weirdly placed.
Susan
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All around great story.
Tracie R
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
A good read, Perfect Kiss is a m/m romance. I like the premise and the characters but would have liked a little more. I will read more by this new to me author
Saraesab
Angela
Jan 14, 2020
Esther Jones
Dec 29, 2019

• I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
  • Five Fake Dates
  • Until You (At First Sight, #3)
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Caysen's Catch (Boys & Toys, #1)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Swept Away (Flash Rip #1.5)
  • Fair Exchange
  • Foul Is Fair
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Holding Court
  • Just a Bit Obsessed (Straight Guys #2)
  • Glass Half Full (Barflies, #2)
  • The Adversary: A True Story of Monstrous Deception
  • Return to the Hundred Acre Wood
Eighteen years ago, AG Meiers came to the US for adventure and stayed for love. Currently, she lives in New England with her husband and two awesome kids—balancing work, friends and family, and writing.

As a writer she loves to put her characters through a lot of challenges, conflict and heartbreak, before she allows them to find their happy-ever-after.