Start by marking “Spark (Web of Desire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spark (Web of Desire, #1)

Spark

(Web of Desire #1)

“From a little spark may burst a flame.” ~ Dante Alighieri

A simple ember to dried kindling can ignite a raging fire.

I’ve made my mark and proven my loyalty to a man, a city, a way of life. That loyalty has provided me with all the spoils of success. Until now that hasn’t included a woman at my side.

What is it about this unobtainable beauty that brings my untapped desire
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 265 pages
Published January 14th 2020 by Romig Works LLC (first published January 13th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Spark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spark

Start your review of Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
April
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited for Patrick’s story and boy was it worth the wait!! Totally devoured it in one sitting!
Patrick’s past has remained a mystery until now, when that past walks back into his life nothing will ever be the same.
Intrigue,mystery incredible characters and heartfelt emotions are just the start to this gripping and delicious read!
Michella
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Hooked from the prologue! A very mysterious and intriguing storyline. Patrick and Madeline have scorching hot chemistry that’ll have you turning the pages for more. The ending will have you begging and pleading for book 2. A definite must read!
Taylor
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yesssssss! Patrick and Maddie! They may be my favorite duo, to date! Fire and passion and intrigue. This book has it all and of course, in perfect Aleatha-fashion, she leaves us with our jaws agape and wanting the next book yesterday. I cannot say enough good things about Spark! I also LOVE seeing our old friends too... I missed Mason lol

5 sparkling stars!!!
Author: Aleatha Romig
Publication:, January 13th 2020
+++

ღ Spark is the first instalment in Aleatha Romig’s new series,

I walk into this this new trilogy of MS Romig wanting know more about Patrick Kelly. I also knew that MS Romig was going have cliffhanger to this book. Wow MS Romig will draw you from the prologue! And of course, willn’t let you go to the ever end! So you need to prepare yourself for one hell of ride

Both Madeline Miller & Patrick
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Off and Running”Stars

What an exciting start to the Web of Desire Trilogy. This is Patrick Kelly’s story and boy did it create a spark in me. I found this first book to be very intriguing in setting up Patrick’s life, his coming face to face with his past and his desire to hold on to what he had lost. Madeline “Maddie” and her surprise with seeing Patrick sets off her own sparks but she holds so many secrets that must be withheld. It is quite the tango these two must do.

While the story takes
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 1832A863-9156-4A92-84DF-2C08D74B3762_zpsjju5cbiv.jpg

Madeline Miller grew up in the foster system, and then lived in the streets of Chicago. For years her life was about survival, and being invisible. Then in a desperate moment her life suddenly takes an unexpected turn. She was no longer living in the shadows, but now a successful member of the elite with a well known reputation. She’d come full circle as she returns to Chicago to attend a poker tournament. She’d worked hard to put her past behind her, but then
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4 stars

This review will be a big challenge if I don’t want to spoil anything for you as the synopsis is really, really mysterious!

What to tell you?

First this is about one of our men in the Sparrow bunch. As two of them already had their story, I’ll leave you do the math about who is concerned.

Second : I read it in one sitting! It’s a fast read, filled with secrets, stakes are high literally and figuratively and the hero is the most “non-threatening” yet commanding that we read about so far!
Myla
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We first met Patrick in Secrets (Web of Sin #1) as a loyal and reliable friend of Sterling Sparrow. Finally, he's getting his story. Patrick's POV starts to tell how he became part of Chicago's elite.
"𝓣𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝔂 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓹𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓰𝓾𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓰𝓱 𝓲𝓷 𝓒𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓰𝓸'𝓼 𝓼𝓴𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮."
A poker tournament brought Madeline to Chicago, she's a hustler in playing the game. Her beauty commands attention, no wonder Patrick was captivated by it.
"𝓨𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝔂 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓪𝓼
Tia Louise
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE IT! I lost two nights of sleep, because I HAD to know what would happen next. Prepare for nonstop clicking to the breathtaking end...

SPARK is all the suspense and edge-of-your-seat action you expect from an Aleatha Romig story... Patrick is bossy, sexy, and perfect. Maddie is smart, independent, and fierce. I really loved the poker tournament/gambling element--it added a fun layer of suspense by being totally tied into the murder mystery.

This world gets better and better! FIVE STARS!!!
Renita McKinney
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No one and I mean no one can leave us on the edge of our seat with a sexy thriller like Aleatha and she continues that tradition with Spark. The thing about Aleatha is you never know where you may end up when you indulge in her stories. You start off one place and eventually end up in places you didn’t even know existed. Mentally, emotionally and physically.

Spark, OMG!!! When I finished this book, I could not fall back to sleep. Well, let me go back to what happened the exact minute I finished.
Nadine Bookaholic
I've said it before but I'll say it again, Aleatha Romig is the Queen of Cliffhangers! She knows how to grab you and hold you tight until the bottom falls out with the last sentence of the book and you are holding on by a thread wondering how you are going to make it until the next book is released.

I kid you not, this book was fantastic. I fell for Patrick when I first met him in SECRETS (Web of Sin Trilogy) there was just something about him that called to me, I knew we would get his story
Karen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spark is like a join the dot puzzle. You know the dots are all there but you can’t quite tell what the big picture is going to be. The game to join the dots is going to be a brilliant one if the first part of the story is anything to go by.

I had one of those stop mid chew moments when one of the dots was joined and then the final dot revealed in this episode knocked me on the floor! So many more things to discover that have me intrigued. I’m eager for more. Desperate.

Maddie and Patrick were
Avid Reader
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spark (Web of Desire #1) by Aleatha Romig
5 stars
M/F romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Aleatha is an amazing writer. This is a spin off book from the previous series and I would highly recommend reading that one first, as there are characters from that series in this one too.

Patrick had nothing when he was younger. Now, older, wise and somewhat more ruthless, he has more money than he knows what to do with and respect from people all over his city. He has never
TheSassyNerdBlog
Let me start by saying.. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I feel like there will be a lot of cursing this review but I will try and be good... But damn it, Ms. Romig, you have done it again and left me fucking speechless.

Aleatha's unique approach to anything she writes continues to blow me away. It doesn't matter what kind of genre/sub-genre she writes... You know going into the book that it's going to be brilliant and Spark (Web of Desire Book 1) was no exception and if I am honest... This may be Ms. Romig's
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Not once, literally not once, did the cliffhanger in this one even occur to me. And, really, it should have. It's in character, and it follows with who Patrick and Madeline are...but it didn't occur to me. And. this made it a lot of fun...well, as fun as those torturous things called cliffhangers can be...so, only a little fun.

As always with Aleatha Romig, this book is on the darker side. But, it isn't. No one is being kidnapped or held against their will be the
Grace
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In the first installment of this new trilogy, the author explores timeless love and how circumstances beyond one's control, can tear it apart.

Madeline Miller and Patrick Kelly first meet under unusual circumstances, in a back alley, where the desperate situation they share, unites them for years to follow. Rather than explore the blossoming love story, this story fast forwards years later, when Madeline reappears in Patrick's life. A woman who he thought was dead but remains his wife.
Susan Staudinger
4.5-4.75 STARS

Delving into this first installment of Aleatha Romig’s Web of Desire trilogy, I had no idea what to expect from Patrick Kelly’s story. Because when it comes to Aleatha, I have learned to always expect the UNEXPECTED. And with “Spark,” that’s exactly what this author has delivered!

Right from the get-go, an early revelation took me by surprise. From there, I slowly rode the wave of intrigue, curious as to where Patrick and Maddie’s story would take me.

Despite my early suspicions
Kerrie Campbell
Shelves: favorites
I feel as if I've waited forever for Patrick's story.. and it was better and more then I could have imagined.
It deserves more then 5 stars from me.
It had me on the edge of my seat soaking up every last word until the end.
Spark had it's usual Aleatha intrigue and twists that we all love and I cannot wait to read to continue reading on with this Trilogy as I know there is more to come with Patrick and Maddie's story.
Not to give anything away as it's not released yet you will have to wait and read
Kelly Stuart
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m actually gobsmacked!!! This book is amazing and had me gripped from the start. Patrick is in the other books and is always in the background, but this one is all about him and Maddie. They met as kids and then later as adults at a high stakes poker game. I cannot wait to see how this series unfolds. In true Aleatha style, it ends on a massive cliffhanger. Definitely recommend this book
Shirley
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh My! I've been waiting for Patrick's story since first meeting him in Secrets, and following him in the other 5 books as well and let me tell you, Aleatha does NOT disappoint.
Patrick is everything I anticipated him being and more. When he lays eyes on his past come back to life, there's no way he's just going to turn around and walk away, that's not how he's built. Loyal to the core, but what happens when that loyalty is in a tug of war with his past and his present?
Madeline has secrets
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️

Oh what a web she weaves- Aleatha Romig has done it again. Spark is a sexy and twisty romantic suspense story that will leave readers dying for the next book. The first installment of the Web of Desire has intrigue, angst, suspense, and smoking hot romance.

I’m a huge fan of the previous two trilogies set in this world, so I was extremely excited to get my hands on Patrick’s story. We finally got inside his head in this book, and it was everything I had hoped for. He comes face to face with
Kathy Coopmans
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been captured into a web. What a jaw-dropping ending. I’m a tad shattered by it, in the way Aleatha does best. And, I love it.
Patrick is everything. There’s no better word to describe the man.
Get ready for lots of sparks you all. They fly all over this amazing book.
Kathy Coopmans
USA Today Bestselling Author.
Somer Grey
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved
Ilona
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No words-
Heart stopping.

Spark will fight your fire- It’s hot sexy and oh my.
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"Happy endings and dreams were simply illusions our minds created to soften life’s blows, an alternate universe that existed only in the realm of make -believe."

Have you ever lost your insanity because of a book? Has a book ever made you lose your breath or sleep? Have you ever almost broke your kindle because a book made you all kinds of ragey? Or want to commit murder? Ok, I might be kind of insane to think that. Let’s blame it on my frame of mind. Gosh, what did you do Aleatha Romig? First of
Maggie
5+ Stars

In my opinion, no one does dark suspense romance better than Aleatha. Spark kicked off another captivating and enthralling series which was set in the same dangerous underworld of Chicago as Secrets and Twisted. I was mesmerized by the complex plot and intricate relationships of the characters. There were so many puzzle pieces laying around and my mind was spinning while I was trying to put together the big picture the whole time. This mysterious and suspenseful read grabbed me and
Mimiorphee
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020
"In Patrick’s arms, I would find that strength to remember the fire he tended within me and allow it to keep me warm in the future."

How to resist to an Aleatha Romig series... it's impossible!Spark, Web of Desire #1, will take you ina breathtaking atmosphere, where the Chicago underground world plays power games against the mafia of Detroit.

If you have read the Web of Sin series or the Tangle Web series, the you know who Patrick is. Ifyou haven't, then, you'll fall for that loving, attentive
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

I loved every second of this new installment of the Web Series. I have wanted Patrick's story for a long time, and Aleatha did not disappoint. This beginning look into who and what Patrick has gone through to become part of the Sparrow outfit was fun, sweet, touching, sexy, and emotional. I knew there would be a cliffhanger, and I was still floored with that ending. I can't wait to get my hands on the next books within this trilogy because I NEED TO KNOW!!

Video review
Lucinda Claire
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a weakness for do-good bad boys, and when you add alpha sexy to that combination, I'm a goner. The Sparrows fit that description to an absolute T.

"Web of Sin" series was a gripping introduction into the world of the Sparrows. Then the
"Tangled Web" series took that world and pressed the boundary between madness and sanity. "Web of Desire" takes all of the angst of the past two series and dumps them right on their ear.

This is Patrick's story, and already in book one, it's brought me to
Sparklin
Shelves: 2020
Young love drifts apart. Years later they meet up in an unlikely place. The book is filled with twist and turns. Will it repair their relationship or push them farther apart.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy Book 3)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy #1)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • Dangerous Games
  • Audition
  • Lover (Betrothed #3)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • The Scarlet Night (Rose Gold #0.5)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • The Hunted
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Release
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Play Me
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist and ...more

Web of Desire (3 books)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Ashes (Web of Desire, #3)