Start by marking “The Colonel and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses #4)” as Want to Read:
The Colonel and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses #4)

The Colonel and The Enchantress

(The Enchantresses #4)

Lady Mary Mowbrah, daughter of a duke, fell in love with a man beneath her station. When he leaves for war, determined to earn her hand as a hero, she promises to wait for him, never dreaming the man who returns will be different from the man who left.

Colonel Duncan Starrett returns from war with honors, accolades, and a debilitating injury. As much as he still loves Lady
Published February 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Colonel and The Enchantress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Colonel and The Enchantress

Start your review of The Colonel and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses #4)
Barbara Rogers
Series: The Enchantresses #4
Publication Date: 2/14/20

If you are looking for a wonderful book that will make you smile, cry, and laugh all while warming your heart and letting you fall in love with the most amazing main characters you’ll ever read, this is the book for you. In addition to the story itself, there is an outstanding prologue and epilogue that really starts and finishes the book perfectly. The author has a writing style and word choices that put you right in the scene. Your heart
Minx
If you are looking for an all-encompassing romance that will captivate your heart then The Colonel and the Enchantress is the book for you. What I love most about a romance from Author Paullett Golden is that the stories are thorough! Mary and Duncan fell in love as teens and Duncan, feeling unworthy of Mary, went to war to prove himself worthy. What he found when on the battlefield was that he was a man who loved Mary and a man made for the military life. It was not until Duncan encountered an ...more
Melissa
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the fourth book in the Enchchantress series, Paulett Golden shows her mastery of truly writing a great love story. Paullet's novels are not cookie-cutter beach reads. They are individual works with deep characters. Each story in this series demonstrates that she lets the characters carry the story where it needs to go. She does not simply follow the typical meet, fall in love, get married trope. Her characters are real, raw and honest in a way that supports and emotional connection.

Of the
BJ
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok
I found it easy to pick up the family connections, in a series I had not read before. The H gained rank in the Army, now medically discharged and returns home badly wounded. The h was a teenager when he left and while she has matured, I thought her self absorbed and haughty. The H recovers enough to marry her, but foolishly re-injures himself. The plot was a good idea that didn't quite deliver for me. Mostly because the H's self image issues, and her selfishness, - I didn't like them. It was ...more
No Apology Book Reviews
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charming and heartwarming, but pacing a little off

Many thanks to the author, who provided me with a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

SPOILERS

I’ve been eagerly awaiting Mary’s story (I think I say that for every book, lol), and overall, I enjoyed it. The characters were endearing, the writing style smooth and sophisticated, and the premise intriguing: A couple had to reconcile who they had become with who they used to be—and also with who they had wanted to become.

The biggest—and pretty
Jessica
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Initially I was slightly apprehensive about jumping into an established series on the 4th book. Also romances aren't really my thing, but I'm always open to trying something new.
So glad that I did.
This book draws the reader in from the very beginning. I was immediately pulled into the action that Duncan faced while away from Mary, and could feel the anxiety at the reunion scene. The scenes are well written, and the emotions are real.
I love how rounded each character is. There is not a single
Alana Bloom
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
*Full review on the blog on 14 FEB!

We had the tiniest of glances of Mary and her romance in Drake and Charlotte’s story (The Duke and the Enchantress). All I really remembered was a bright-eyed, welcoming girl that was curiously deficient of friends that Drake adored. Mary’s book isn’t all slipping away into darkened alcoves for illicit romantic moments. Golden tackles the heavy topic of PTSD as Duncan is a soldier, returned only after a life-threatening injury. Their reunion, of course, is
Amanda Waters
This is an enjoyable Regency romance with likeable characters and an interesting plot. Although it might not appeal to every reader, I actually enjoyed that the story spent a good bit of time after the marriage, exploring some of the "now what" realities of adjusting to married life.
Rose Blue
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-18q
Dana Redding
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Colonel and the Enchantress

Mary and Duncan were sweet hearts. Mary is a Lady daughter of a Duke and Duncan is just a common man. His father was a Colonel. They often kissed down by the lake and laughed rode horses together.

He feels as he has nothing to offer her so he takes a commission and goes off to war. He is away for five years he rides a war horse and in his last battle he is wounded. Doctors try to remove the bullet from his back. He is sent home to heal.

When Mary finds out he is home
Lin
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing!
real rating 4.5
The colonel and the enchantress is the 4th book in The Enchantress serie. And tells the story of Mary and Duncan. She’s the daughter of a Duke and He just a soldier. Could their love be enough to overcome this huge difference?
I loved this books so much! And was so excited to finally read Mary’s story. It didn’t let me down at all.
I really loved the characters because they are wise and not to silly, they’re rational and think clearly. They both listen and that makes
Sara
Feb 19, 2020
Destiny Brown
Jan 30, 2020
Vlk
Jan 03, 2020
Paullett Golden
Jan 04, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lusie
Kathryn
Feb 14, 2020
Rachel McMillan
Feb 16, 2020

• The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)
  • To Heal an Earl (Soldiers & Soulmates Book 1)
  • Casting Samson
  • Iron Master (Shifters Unbound, #12)
  • The Winter Companion (Parish Orphans of Devon, #4)
  • How the Lady Was Won (The Survivors, #7)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Before He Vanished
  • My Daddy is a Hero: How Chris Watts Went from Family Man to Family Killer
  • A Reckless Runaway (The Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • The Courtesan's Daughter
  • The Forgotten Duke (Diamonds in the Rough, #5)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Fire & Frost: A Bluestocking Belles Collection
  • Striking Romance (New York Rebel Girls, #1)
  • An Inconvenient Duke (Lords of the Armory #1)
  • The Earl Not Taken (The Wallflowers of West Lane, #1)
Celebrated for her complex characters, realistic conflicts, and sensual love scenes, Paullett Golden puts a spin on historical romance. Her novels, set primarily in Georgian and Regency England with some dabbling in Ireland, Scotland, and France, challenge the norm by involving characters who are loved for their flaws, imperfections, and idiosyncrasies. Her stories show love overcoming adversity. ...more

The Enchantresses (4 books)
  • The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
  • The Duke and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #2)
  • The Baron and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses #3)