Start by marking “Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults: 150 Difficult Puzzles to Challenge Your Brain” as Want to Read:
Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults: 150 Difficult Puzzles to Challenge Your Brain

Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults: 150 Difficult Puzzles to Challenge Your Brain

It's only logical--boost your brainpower with 150 logic puzzles for adults.

It's time to give your mental muscles a real workout! Stuffed full of clever and cunning challenges, this collection of logic puzzles for adults is perfect for puzzlers looking to prove (and improve) their skill.

Featuring a variety of puzzle types--including Sudoku, Masyu, Logic Grids, and Nonograms
Published February 25th 2020 by Rockridge Press

To ask other readers questions about Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults

Start your review of Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults: 150 Difficult Puzzles to Challenge Your Brain
Cassandra
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book is jam packed with hard and very fun puzzles that will test you to the point of serious mind blowing moments. I know for some people these might be simple, but for me personally they are going to take a lot of time, which is perfect for passing the day.

I received a complimentary copy.

Emma
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
VERDICT: Awesome book for adults ready to develop their logic skills with fun.

With Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults, Steven Clontz, a math educator and a researcher, offers us a very addictive book. He has constructed here puzzles in “five of the most engaging formats”: Sudoku, Masyu, Nonograms, Calcudoku, and Logic Grids. Plus what he calls Cryptic Puzzles, which can be a combination of all of the above, with a hunt added to it. They are really fun, as you need to identify a word, etc.

My full re
Jill
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: callisto
I have had a long history with puzzles, loving them since I was a kid. SO when I had the chance to review Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults, I jumped at it.

There are 6 different kinds of puzzles, and they all range from simple ones for beginners to read brain-burners. Mathematician and fellow puzzler Dr. Steven Clontz knows what he wants in a puzzle, so he knows how to write puzzles that we can all enjoy.

This book includes Sudoku and Calcudoku (an arithmetic version of Sudoku), Masyu and Nonogra
Andrex
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Absolutely LOVING this puzzle book! At last, one that makes you think and is not too easy. Whilst the author says you can do them in any order, I'm a person of order so am working through them one by one. I actually enjoy it this way as you then get a variety. (No boredom!) The various types are all mixed together and are as follows:
Sudoku * Masyu * Nonograms * Calcudoku * Logic Grids * Cryptic

My favorites? Nonograms and Caludoku. So far I have not found the Sudoku at all challenging but I'm onl
Jillian (PidginPea's Book Nook)
I do like that this book introduces you to 6 different types of logic puzzles - soduko, masyu, nonogram, calcudoku, logic grid, and cryptic puzzle. There are some brief instructions for each type of puzzle at the start of the book, and then it repeats the 6 types of puzzles throughout the book, getting more challenging as you go. Also, certain puzzles give you clues towards a metapuzzle at the back of the book, which was a neat idea.

However, I can't recommend this book because there are quite a
Tom Law
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a break from the screen? You have come to the right spot. Clontz has pulled together an amazing collection of puzzles which will give you hours of entertainment and a great way to pull away from the tedium of the monitor or small screen that seem to absorb so much of our time.

This is not a one size fits all kind of book. There are six different types of puzzles represented in these pages. If you don’t find one to your liking, try another one. They move from simple to increasi
Amy Adams
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ooooooooh I'm a nerd! This book was so fun! It has a little over 130 puzzles in five different categories: Sudoku, Masyu, Nonograms, Calcudoku, and Logic Grids. They start easy, and they get progressively more difficult throughout the book. I like that the book starts with a description of each type of puzzle, as well as a tutorial/practice puzzle. The only thing I don't really like is that there's a hint at the bottom of each puzzle. It's just too easy to cast your gaze down there, and then you ...more
Sharon
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was given an opportunity via the publisher to read Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults: 130+ Difficult Puzzles to Challenge Your Brain. I chose to review this puzzle book and my opinion is freely given.

The puzzles located within this book can definitely be complicated, so I recommend starting with the more mainstream ones and working up to the less common. I enjoyed the Sudoku, Logic Grids, and Cryptic Puzzles, but I had a more difficult time with the others. Masyu, Nonogram, and Calcudoku are com
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book includes sudoku puzzles, nonograms, calcudoku, and masyu games. There are cryptic puzzles that solve similar to sudoku, but result in decrypting a word or phrase. Masyu is a puzzle where you draw lines that connect in a path through black or white circles with strict rules of movement and direction.

Each puzzle comes with clear instructions to get you started, and a hint in case you get stuck. The answers to each puzzle are at the back of the book, so that you can check your work.

I was
Diane Estrella
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
WARNING ... use a pencil!

You've been warned. Do NOT think you can use a pen and get away with it. Nope. I learned this one the hard, and very sad, way.

The puzzles enclosed for your brain's pain and/or pleasure are Sudoko, Masyu, Nonogram, Calcudoku, Logic Grid, and Cryptic puzzles. Sadly, the only one of these I had any real experience with was Sudoko. I have found some new favorites because of this book and am glad to have challenged myself with them.

I like that the author included hints at the
Dawn
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy from the publisher. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I’ve always enjoyed puzzles and my favorite are logic puzzles, so of course I wanted this book! It contains sudoku, mazyu, nongram, calcudoko, logic grids, and cryptic puzzles.

Sudoku is okay but I’ve gotten kind of bored with them. I’ve never done Masyu, and I found these to be very difficult for my brain. They’re really a challenge for me. I haven’t done Nonog
Alyssa Edwards
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book book was put together by a math educator and researcher and he states that there is not much of a difference between math and logic. It contains six different types of puzzles:

Sudoku
Masyu
Nonogram
Calcudoku
Logic Grid
Cryptic Puzzle

The front of the book starts with a “warm up” it talks about the different puzzles and how to solve them. The puzzles are not separated into chapters they are just randomly arranged. Personally I find them too much of a challenge but I will keep trying. The only
Monica Reents
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the publisher for sending a copy of Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults to me. I write this review honestly and by choice.

I have loved doing puzzles ever since I can remember! I can easily lose hours in a good book of puzzles. And this book is one that grabbed my attention and held it for quite a while with a creative mix of puzzles. I was excited to see some that were new to me. The Nonograms, Sudoku, and Masyu are probably my favorites.

I give this book five stars because it has a lo
Elysian Fields
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is a really great puzzle book. First off, for me, these are tricky. They make you think and use different aspects of logic and brain power. There are five or six different types of puzzles in this book and all are difficult enough to last a few hours. My family loved this because we could work them together. Also, the pages are on the ticker side so pens don't leak through if your bold enough to use them. This collection will last us a while. Beyond happy with the book. I received an ARC an ...more
Amy Navarre
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Callisto Publisher's Club and Rockridge Press for this free book! The following review contains my honest opinions.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I received this book several months ago and planned to save this to work through while on vacation, however under stay-at-home orders during the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020 this book became a very enjoyable quarantine activity. The puzzles follow a pattern alternating in type (Sudoku, Masyu, Nonogram, Calcudoku, Logic Grid, and Cryptic Puzzles
Katrina
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you'd like to become familiar with different kinds of logic puzzles - give this book a try! There are 6 different puzzle categories to choose from, including maysu, calcudoku, nonogram, and sudoku. Each kind of puzzle is explained, alongside a very easy puzzle for practice purposes. From there the puzzles increase in difficulty as you work through the book. I'm looking forward to stretching my brain as I work through this fun book and learning some new puzzling skills!

Thanks to Callisto Publi
Tracy Sagriff
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
* I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher.
This book lives up to its name. The puzzles are challenging. The strange thing about this book is not in the content but rather in the format itself. As an avid reader and child of the newspaper crossword era, I found it extremely hard to force myself to write in such a good quality book. I would have felt better if this book was larger, thinner and far less quality paper.
Louise Sattler
What a fun book to pass the time, especially if you like Sudoku or Cryptic puzzles! During the Covid 19 craziness - I have found myself trying very hard to improve my Sudoku skills- I think this book may due to trick!

I will say that this book is NOT for the faint of heart. These are challenging and mind- bending puzzles!

Bring an eraser with you -

I received a complimentary publisher's copy, however, the opinions are my own and all FTC regs were followed.
Cover Lover Book Review
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a little puzzled (pun intended) by the title on here, because the book cover states there are 130+ puzzles, yet here on Goodreads someone labeled it as having 150.

Whether 130+ or 150, this book is chock-full of fun and challenging logic puzzles in varying levels of difficulty. Not just for math fans, but If you're a mathematician you'll be super delighted with these brain-buzzing puzzles.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher.
Kathryn
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love brain puzzles. Tricky Logic Puzzles for Adults does not disappoint. Over 130 puzzles featuring Nonograms, Sudoku, Logic Grids, and more will both keep your brain sharp and keep you entertained for days. Banish boredom, stretch your skills!
Many thanks to Callisto Publishers for my complimentary copy.
Annmarie Reddick
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has to be my favorite puzzle book! It is full of a ton of puzzles that really work the mind. I personally love to work on the puzzles in this book while watching TV. I highly highly recommend getting this book! It is also the perfect book to have and do while in self isolation/quarentine!
J Pryor
Pinky Westby
Jul 05, 2020
Ashton Williams
May 07, 2020

• Once Upon a Word: A Word-Origin Dictionary for Kids--Building Vocabulary Through Etymology, Definitions & Stories
  • The Story of Abraham Lincoln: A Biography Book for New Readers
  • 5-Minute Stress Relief: 75 Exercises to Quiet Your Mind and Calm Your Body
  • How to Bake for Beginners: An Easy Cookbook for Baking the Basics
  • Only the Hardest Puzzles: A Vexing Variety of Crosswords, Sudoku & More
  • Ocean Animals: A Search and Find Book for Kids
  • Actually, the Comma Goes Here: A Practical Guide to Punctuation
  • The Empowered Highly Sensitive Person: A Workbook to Harness Your Strengths in Every Part of Life
  • My Perfectly Imperfect Life: 127 Exercises for Self-Acceptance
  • Awesome Brain Games for Kids: STEAM Puzzles and Facts for Curious Minds
  • Creativity for Kids: 75 Fun Activities to Promote Creative Thinking and Self Expression
  • Dot Journaling: A Practical Guide: How to Start and Keep the Planner, To-Do List, and Diary That’ll Actually Help You Get Your Life Together
  • In Tune: Music as the Bridge to Mindfulness
  • The More or Less Definitive Guide to Self-Care: From A to Z
  • Pippi Goes to the Circus
  • Pippi's After-Christmas Party
  • The Story of Jane Goodall: A Biography Book for New Readers (The Story Of: A Biography Series for New Readers)