Start by marking “Not That Kind of Guy” as Want to Read:
Not That Kind of Guy

Not That Kind of Guy

An office attraction becomes something more when they're off the clock in this delightful romantic comedy by the USA Today bestselling author of Not the Girl You Marry.

State attorney Bridget Nolan is successful in all aspects of her life--except romance. After breaking up with her longtime boyfriend, she's been slow to reenter the dating scene. To be honest, she has more i
Published April 14th 2020 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Not That Kind of Guy, please sign up.
Grace I think Bridget is 29 and Matt is 24-ish.

I think Bridget is 29 and Matt is 24-ish.

Bridget was with Chris for 12 years, started dating when she was 15, and was single for 2 years at the beginning of the book so that math is 29. She says Matt is half a decade younger than her, so 24. :) (less)

Start your review of Not That Kind of Guy
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have complex feelings about this book. I loved it but some unnecessary dramatic parts really made me irritated!!!

The facts:

BETTER BOOK: This is definitely so so so much better than “Not the girl you marry” even though I’m a big fan of “How to lose a guy in 10 days” and curly hair of Matthew McConaughey but retelling didn’t work with me. We needed Kate and Matthew on the board!

BETTER CHARACTERS: I loved Bridget, tough, prideful, hard-worker, confidant, successful lawyer, but when it comes to de
Danielle
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a quick read, office romance, agree to fake date, but really fall for each other, read it before, kinda book 🥱 I feel like I’ve already read this story a hundred times over. But this one felt... rushed?... I don’t know... i didn’t quite swoon over this couple or buy into their chemistry. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It was still entertaining enough- so take it or leave it.
Warda
Each time I picked up this book I kept thinking about how much I love the author’s writing style, how well it sits with me, how I felt captivated by it and because of that how connected I became to the characters and story.

It was just so good.

I enjoyed how messy these characters were. It was great and tiring being in their heads since we really explore their vulnerabilities. But it made them all the more real, flawed and lovable.

I can’t think of a single thing I disliked.
Christy
3 stars

photo C79DB0E6-6DFD-4106-B804-3C6979A326EF_zpsxlhz7ydv.png

Not That Kind of Guy is about attorney Bridget Nolan. Bridget is Jack’s sister from ‘Not the Girl You Marry’ and she is one tough lady. I was so happy to get her story.

Bridget has been single after breaking up with her long time boyfriend, and has no real interest in getting with anyone else right now. Matt Kido is Bridget’s new intern and though they’re both insanely attracted to each other, they’re off limits. That is until Matt’s internship is over… Matt and Bridget end up in Veg
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not That Kind of Guy is sweet, lighthearted and absolutely fun.

Bridget is a state’s attorney looking for love. Well, she wants to look for love, but her work life keeps her pretty busy. When she needs a date for her brother’s wedding, she finds one in an intern at her firm, Matt. The pair head to Vegas together and a romance begins.

This was so much fun! Read it if you need a quick escape right now!

I received a gifted copy. All opinions are my own.

Many of my reviews can also be found on my blog
Berit☀️✨
Sweet and swoony. Andie J. Christopher has written a fun and entertaining romcom. We met Bridget in Miss Christopher’s previous book “Not the Girl You Marry”. She was Jack’s feisty little sister. Bridget has sworn off men after having her heart stomped on by her long-term boyfriend. So when Matt comes to intern at her law office she is not tempted at all (at least that’s what she tells herself) even though there is chemistry between them. Bridget and Matt form a friendship, so when his internshi ...more
Zoe Stewart (Zoe's All Booked)
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: default
I liked this a lot, but not nearly as much as Not the Girl You Marry.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I wanted to get my hands on Not That Kind of Guy the second I heard about it after my experience with Not the Girl You Marry. To say my expectations were high is a huge understatement . . . .

I didn’t bother reading the entire synopsis. I thought this was going to be a fake date trope since I was aware the jumping off point of the story was Bridget being an attorney and Matt being a summer clerk who somehow ended up as her date for
Navessa

There’s no easy way to say it: this book needed a better edit.

This is one of those weird reviews where I liked SO MUCH about a book, but I just can’t rate it highly. I’m honestly bummed out right now because this really does have a lot going for it:

- An age-gap, power gap romance in which the woman is the older, more powerful one.
- A badass female lead who takes no prisoners in the courtroom.
- A swoon-worthy Japanese-American male lead who adores the heroine from the get-go.
- Both characters ver
Darinda
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, romance
Bridget broke up with her long-term boyfriend and is not interested in dating. She's a state attorney, and she's focused on work. Matt is in law school, and working as a summer intern in Bridget's office. Matt is immediately attracted to Bridget. He can't make a move on his boss, but he takes a chance as soon as his internship ends.

Told using the alternating points of view of Bridget and Matt. Bridget is smart and independent. Matt is charming and attentive. While they work together, they work w
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
Jim and Pam basically set my expectations for office romances

Julie
Jun 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
This didn’t do it for me.
I am starting to believe that Americans are too religious to write rom com. I think if the fear of sex outside of marriage is so embedded in you that you make the characters get drunk married in Vegas before they have less than average sex (and call it amazing😂), just do everyone a favour and start the book with an arranged marriage. It would honestly be more intriguing than whatever this was.
Lana (Bibliomedico)
DNF ...
Thank u , Next .
Stacee
I loved Andie’s previous book and this synopsis sounded like sheer perfection. Sadly, I’m wondering if two stars is too high.

I liked Bridget and Matt well enough. They’re both charismatic and loyal people. They had so much potential, if only they would have opened their damn mouths. Of course I loved seeing Hannah and Jack and some of their scenes were the bright spots.

Plot wise, it’s a mess. It’s all telling, no showing and the long long long passages of inner monologue were so repetitive. I
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Mar 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
Full review to come but this book did not improve from the last one. The writing was a whole more telling than showing. I had issues with character motives and the whole trope of getting hitched in Vegas and staying married thing. Just not plausible in my opinion with how things executed.
Jessica | Booked J
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Tik Tok | You can find my review here.

As always, a copy of this book was provided by the authors in exchange for my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

This was such a fun novel! I know that a lot of people didn't necessarily like Not the Girl You Marry, but I adored it and was really looking forward to getting my hands on Andie J. Christopher's latest. If you are looking for a boost during the age of social distancing: Not That Kind of Guy is
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Someone pinch me! This was sooo good and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it ended. Bridget is my spirit animal even though we have nothing in common. She's the type of woman I wished I could be but always came up short. If we're being honest, I still come up short, but whatever! She's an amazing badass.

"Bridget Nolan had lush auburn hair, piercing gray-blue eyes, cut-glass cheekbones, and a voice that was better than a hand job."

Matt Kido. So, where could I find one like him? He's
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Not That Kind of Guy was a fun, sexy, and a swoony story about what happens when a rich guy needs to get from under his family wishes, and an established woman assigned to show him the ropes in her law firm. Bridget is an established badass lawyer that finds an attraction to Matt when he starts to intern in her office. She also finds out that Matt's parents are the deciding factor if she receives the fellowship that could provide her with financial security. While Bridg
Emma
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
After my not-so-great experience with Not the Girl You Marry I decided to give Andie J. Christopher another chance and read this romance novel. It went a bit better, but it still didn't work for me. I saw no chemistry between the two main characters and I could literally not see their attraction for one another. Also, I feel like they got to know so little about each other.
I was really hoping to find a new romance author whose books I could read in the future, but unfortunately it wasn't the c
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5

I was so excited to start this one, I adored the first book I read from this author.Not That Kind of Guy is fun and sexy.I'm not sure how I feel about it!I like it a lot but there were also some parts I didn't like!

description

There were moments I was frustrated .I have mixed feelings for all the set up!There characters were great but mostly I liked Matt who is sweet.

I can't wait to see what this author will have for us next!

Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
2 STARS!

Not That Kind of Guy by Andie J. Christopher brings us Bridget Nolan, the sister to our hero in book one, Not the Girl You Marry.

Bridget is a lawyer who works for the state's attorney office. She's recently broken up from her long time boyfriend and has no interest venturing back onto the dating scene. Matt becomes her intern for the summer. He's flirtatious and charming. There's an undeniable attraction between Matt and Bridget. He likes her but he knows it won't go anywhere; however, t
Samantha W.
Regret.

That is my primary feeling upon finishing this book. I bought this book bc quarantine and I shouldn't have. I wasn't bowled over by her first book so I don't know why I was in such a hurry to read this one?

Anyway, Bridget and Matt were not an enjoyable couple for me. While the only thing I did appreciate about this book is that he is 5 years younger than her the rest of it was ridiculous. The get drunk married in Vegas after she was the boss of him for several months. Then they bonded b
Jenny Jo Weir
There was a lot I liked and disliked about this one! Their chemistry was off the charts and the dynamic between them was great. I loved the Matt Kido. I would have liked a little more at the end. Seriously, though, Matt made this book worth it for me.
Caryn - iam.caryn
It’s difficult to explain the plot of the book without spoiling too much. I know not everyone reads book descriptions (I very rarely do) because it can be a lot more fun going into a story blind. Especially with romance novels.

This story has a very different feel than Christopher’s previous novel, Not the Girl You Marry. While also at the same time feeling very similar. I’d say they’re on par with each other enjoyment wise. So if you liked Not the Girl You Marry, then you’ll enjoy Not That Kind
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Mar 29, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2020
I received an Egalley from Berkley Romance in exchange for a honest review.

I'm going to be honest and let everyone know that I didn't have high hopes for this book after reading Andie's first novel, Not the Girl You Marry. I listened to the audiobook of that one and enjoyed it fairly enough despite the poor reviews on the writing and the characters. Maybe it was because I had someone reading enthusiastically to me instead of me reading it in the same monotone inner voice I have?

This one was a t
Crystal
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Matt Kido is going to be topping lists of best book boyfriends of 2020, because he is the ultimate best! Bridget is just what we need in a romance heroine-tough, but vulnerable, and able to hold her own in any situation (even if shes's freaking out inside). No one does movie gender flips in books like Andie, and I cannot wait to see what comes next from her awesome mind!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I smiled, laughed, cringed and hoped that all would turn out well. When a story can bring out different emotions, you know you are reading a good story. Andie Christoper knows how to bring the smiles, the laughs and the cringe-worthy moments in a story.

Bridget is determined, a hard-ass and knows that love just isn’t for her. Once Chris showed his true colors, she knew that he wasn’t the one for her and, for all she knew, there was no one out there that would be “the one”. She knew she was unlove
Maddie butler
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So if you want to know what the book is really about take the movie What Happens In Vegas ( Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher) throw the mother from Crazy Rich Asians (mans mother) and add a dash of lawyers to the mix and you have the book Not That Kind Of Guy.

I really applaud Andie J. Christopher for her main character Bridget Nolan being older then her “Love Interest” Matt Kido. I haven’t read a lot of romance novels where the woman is just a few years older then the man. Which makes it unique i
Cathy
May 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
I disliked almost every single thing about this.

There was probably a decent story somewhere, buried underneath all the ridiculousness but nothing about this worked for me. The writing style is all tell and no show, the characterization makes little sense and the pacing is off.

The books opens with Matt starting at Bridget's office as an intern and they both experience insta-lust. This is fine, it happens, but then there's a two-month time jump, in which we are supposed to believe that the lusty
Ashley
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
im actually so disappointed lol

i thought this was going to be a cute workplace romance with heated glances across the water cooler!!! I was so so wrong

they are only coworkers for like the first 10% of the book???????????????????????? tell me how the blurb mentions that.

this went from hot workplace romance to (view spoiler) i am

• In the Unlikely Event
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Sadie
  • Tyed
  • Blood to Dust
  • Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3)
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • The Trouble with Hating You
  • The Marriage Game
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • Accidental Knight
  • The Allure of Dean Harper (The Allure, #2)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • I Wanna Text You Up (Texting, #2)

Articles featuring this book