Start by marking “Sweet Deceit” as Want to Read:
Sweet Deceit

Sweet Deceit

How far would you go to escape circumstances out of your control?

Impulsiveness isn’t something Fliss Montgomery is familiar with. Until a moment of clarity causes her to make a split- second decision, and the answer becomes as easy as breathing.

Fly across the world on nothing more than a whim.

Her destination – Ashton Blake, the oblivious object of her affection and the

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Deceit

Start your review of Sweet Deceit
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 28, 2019
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Standalone | Contemporay Romance

What a wild ride! I'll admit, it took a little bit for the heroine to grow on me (she's as quirky as they come and did some unconventional things) but I really learned to love her through the story. Without laying out the whole plot for you (you can read the synopsis to get a good idea as to what you're getting into) I will be leaving this review short and sweet. This is a great novel! I loved the romance
Naughty Nightie
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Star Read: Fliss (Felicity) meets Ash (Ashton) an author online and decides to stalk him and turn up on his doorstep. She can’t believe her luck and timing when he opens his door and tells her to come him. She can’t believe her luck she expected to be yelled at and sent away but to be invited in was never in her plans. She twigs that he thinks she’s an expected new room mate when he starts showing her around. She accepts his offer, signs a lease, pays her rent and moves in hoping he never ...more
Heidi
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this wonderfully talented author and whilst it took me a bit to get into the beginning of the story because of Fliss' actions at the start. However, as her story unfolds bit by bit and you come to understand her better, everything just makes sense.

I loved Ash I thought he was wonderful and handled ever with such style.

4 Out Of 5 Hearts From Cariad Books.
Becky Fairweather
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Deceit is an amazing story from Fliss and Ash.
I loved every minute of this story, from the very first chapter you had me hooked. Emotions, heart warming and ending the last chapter with smiles :)
Fliss is a young woman who ups and leaves to follow her heart, but she has never met Ash until she jumps on a plane and lands on his door step, little did you know what was coming next!!!
Read to find out what this love tail unfolds.
I always enjoy KA Duggan's books and this one is one of my
Lisa
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finished this book a few days ago but wanted to take the time to reflect before writing this review. Let me start with saying how much I enjoyed reading this book but it took a little getting into. Let me explain. For me, Fliss' actions at the start of this book took me some time to become comfortable with her and to actually like. However, as her story unfolds and you come to understand her better, everything makes sense. This was very skilful on the part of K.A. Duggan.

Fliss tracks down an
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely not what I was expecting the book to be. There were times where I was a tad confused but in the end it does all make sense - trust me read till the end and you too will be in love too.

Fliss is unique all in herself to say the least. Ash has his own issues. Throw the two of them together and you are in for one funny, emotional, crazy ride. That is what Sweet Deceit is...a truly romantic story about two people who are lost each in there own ways finding happiness within each other even
Clarice
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This might be one of the best books I’ve read in a while. I read a lot and it’s a little harder to surprise me these days. But this book touched me. The relationship building between Ash and Fliss seemed so real. This could have been a real story about two people falling in love in a rather unconventional way. The surprises were timed really well in the book and kept me on my toes. And the characters, although annoying at times, were like-able and easy to relate to. I would re-read this book!
Mandy Barnes
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally explosive Mandy@ Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog
If i could give Sweet Deceit more than 5 stars you bet i would. K.A. Duggan has written a wonderfully fun filled book. I have been totally Engrossed in since the first chapter. I have fallen in love with the characters and how they flow together and meld into one.

Sweet Deceit is a book that I highly recommend. Fliss and Ash’s story is totally believable. What one can do behind a computer screen and in person is a polar opposite of sorts. Would
Wendy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow what a fun, quirky pair Fliss and Ash make. Wendy for Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

This was my first K.A. Duggan book and it definitely caught my attention. I was a little confused in the beginning but the author explains Fliss as the book goes on. I wasn’t sure I was going to like Fliss very much but I realized she really is a strong young woman she just had never been given the chance to find herself. Loved Ash all the way through. The author threw in some pretty major surprises along the way
Debra Phiri
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original from beginning to end! Debra @Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

When I started reading Sweet Deceit I was unsure of where it was going to go. It was like that all the way through till the end. You need to expect the unexpected. It has humor, teary moments, cuteness and a slow burn.

Our characters are both dealing with things and you will have to read all the way through to truly know how it will end. This is a first story for me where you really didn’t know. It had moments when I was totally
Fay (Funkybooklover78) Moore
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a different read...

I was so shocked with how much I enjoyed this,
What a great plot
And excellent writing

Felicity seemed like a right stalker lol,
She seemed a little obsessed when she went after Ashton ,
But the banter between these two made you forget how they came to get to know one another ...

She just wanted to escape reality for a little while and she was a little bit broken so she did something she never would have done before ...

I can honestly say I really enjoyed sweet deceit

Carey Fletcher
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book turned out to be so much more than I expected. Once you get through the jumble of Fliss's mind in the first chapter, you'll continue to be shocked by the ordeals Fliss lives with and through. I was quickly sucked into her story and oftentimes didn't want to stop reading.

I was drawn into this book by the idea of Fliss's bravery to pick up and go somewhere all on her own to pursue a love interest. I enjoy reading about characters who have that type of bravery. Once I began reading, I
Donna Matthewman
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I had to describe this book in one word it would be amazeballs! The first chapter had me a little confused but stick with it it will all make sense and then you will fall in love with Fliss and her vulnerabilities and her quirky no shits given attitude to being herself. I loved the quick wit and banter between Fliss and Ash and how the story builds you up and has you feeling good one minute then drops you on your arse and has you in floods of tears the next.
This book is one not to be missed,
Lilly Barrett
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Once again the author has nailed it with a great story. She has a gift for storytelling like no other. It’s a great book which draws in the reader and holds your attention till the last page.
London
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as maybe
Anyone have safety details
Nancy Freedman
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was given an advanced copy and I'm voluntarily leaving my review. The title says it all
Yvonne Eason
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time coming for a new release from K.A. Duggan and she hasn't left me disappointed.

I totally fell in love with Fliss in this story, with Ashton a close second. Stepping out of her comfort zone can and will open up a new world for Fliss. But will it lead to a positive one.
Jhothy
Jan 23, 2020
Sarah Brown
Oct 07, 2019
Laura M
rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2019
Nov 12, 2019
Nicole Gass
Nov 14, 2019
K.A. Duggan
Nov 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
TMR
is currently reading it
Shamashtika
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Nov 27, 2019

• Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • The Real Mason
  • Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)
  • Cherry Beats
  • Enemies
  • Biker Beauties Volume 1
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Cruel Boy
  • Biker Babe
  • Pride: Lavinia Urbans Seven deadly Sins Series
  • Wrapped in Red (By Chance, #1)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Bully Me This: Bully Me #1
  • Sweet Deceit
  • Filthy Beasts
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Dirty Letters