Start by marking “Once in a Black Moon” as Want to Read:
Once in a Black Moon

Once in a Black Moon

Chicago journalist Erin Nichols isn't about to give up when she's fired for writing an expose. But when a combination of murder, magic, and celestial events transports her through time and space to 1900 western Canada, city hall corruption becomes the least of her worries.

But the past isn't any safer. Awaking to learn she may be the victim of some unknown crime, Erin takes
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Ink & Magick

To ask other readers questions about Once in a Black Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once in a Black Moon

Start your review of Once in a Black Moon
Beth
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Erin, a young journalist in Chicago in 2016 is about to uncover a scandal involving the mayor is pushed in front of an incoming train. Instead of dying she awakens in a Canadian Mounty barracks in Alberta, Canada and has time travelled back to 1900. She encounters magic, fae and a dragon. There is also treachery and murder at the nearby Native American reservation and some strange goings on at a local hotel. She and a handsome Canadian Mounty, Wynn, work together to uncover what is going on and ...more
Jax  Quenault
Jan 25, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: dnfed-in-2020
My Rating: 1.5/5 Stars.

I received an ebook ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked the concept and I adored the character of Wynn but unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to finish this book as found the protagonist to be irritating, I felt that nothing really happened in the chapters that I read and some of the dialogue and the protagonists' thoughts were making a joke out a few very serious topics and it made me feel a bit uneasy.
Amy Gulotta
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, did I love this book!! I've been lucky to read nearly all of the author's books, and this one is by far my favorite. Between the time travel elements, the deliciously done romance, the sense of place (it really feels like the author did their research), and the plot twists that I didn't see coming, this one was an exhilarating read. And I loved how it ended, and how well everything was tied up. Would definitely recommend this one for fans of romance and magic!
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Dec 26, 2019
Paris girl
Dec 26, 2019
D.
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as books-i-ve-written  ·  (Review from the author)
Anne
Dec 28, 2019
Emma
Jan 18, 2020
Jantine
is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2020
RABT Book Tours: Once in a Black Moon by D.Lieber 1 1 Jan 09, 2020 10:42PM
D. writes stories she wants to read. Her love of the worlds of fiction led her to earn a Bachelor’s in English from Wright State University.

When she isn’t reading or writing, she is probably hiking, crafting, watching anime, Korean television, Bollywood or old movies. She may also be getting her geek on while planning her next steampunk cosplay with friends.

She lives in Wisconsin with her husband