Start by marking “You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader” as Want to Read:
You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader

You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader

Your biggest asset in leadership is you. How can you expect people to trust and believe in you, if you aren't truthful and don't embrace your whole self at work?

There is a need for a new kind of leadership; one that bleeds personality and rings true to employees and customers alike who crave authenticity. You Lead argues that business leaders deliver superior results,
Published January 26th 2021 by Kogan Page

To ask other readers questions about You Lead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Lead

Start your review of You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader
Erin Clemence
Apr 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
“You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You A Better Leader”, by business mogul Minter Dial, is the go-to book for business executives.
After experiencing first-hand the tragedy of 9/11, Dial saw the oppourtuntiy to change, both the way he lives and the way he does business. Dial modernizes business leadership, covering everything from the digital world (and social media), to how to be an empathic leader.
Using his experience as a former CEO of Redken, Dial discusses modern issues, and how to bring
Vidhya Thakkar
Jul 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
A book that makes us fall in love with ourselves a lil bit more. A book that makes us trust ourselves a lil bit more. This book is one such book that we must all read.

Minter Dial shows readers how embracing your whole self at work, encourages people to also be themselves, seek true fulfilment at work and a lot more.

This book is for all the leaders, for each one of us. It's about how we can transform ourselves and become a better leaders. From courage in imperfection to the law of karma to the pa
Impact Reading
I've finally finished this book! In this book Minter Dial talks about how we (as an individual) can elevate ourselves to become a better leader. One of my favourite quotes from this book is:

"Whatever your passion, don't hesitate to let the cat out of the bag. People would rather do business over time with someone with passion rather than a soulless person. Express yourself."

And I 100% agree. This book is a definite must read for all the leaders out there, and I truly believe that this book will
Bookreadersclub
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Have your business been struck with disparities of pandemic? Have you been reading self-help books to figure out how to run a business? Are employee strategies consuming you?

Bestselling author, Minter Dial, comes to rescue. He proposes a new realm of potential growth that in spikes business development and employee relations.

He believes that in this unique situation of pandemic stuck businesses, there is a requirement for another sort of administration; one that drains character and sounds valid
Nidhi
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great leadership is one of the rarest and important qualities of a person and I believe that these qualities are somehow missing in today's generation because most of us don't know what are those things make great a leader unique and great.

Yes, this book is about how you can become a great leader by following some strategies, and all those strategies are explained in detail in the book. The author says staying true to yourself, developing self-awareness, bringing out your unique self, and giving
Marissa Mariano
I really liked how the author used diagrams to help the reader visually understand what he was explaining. There was a focus on social media which I was pleasantly surprised about since I practically live my whole life through social media. I really liked how the author encourages you to be yourself and plays on your strengths instead of pointing out weaknesses. I just wish there was a little more of the self help aspect than the business side of it.
James Foster
Oct 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have been saying this forever. Glad to see the good message being spread.
Mathilde just.another.good.story
A must-read for aspiring and existing leaders

This book calls for a new kind of leadership, one where being authentic turns you into a better leader and impacts your co-workers, your brand, your business and your personal life.

The author ( @mdial ) is a strategist and brand expert and former Managing Director Worldwide for Redken, part of L’Oréal, and award-winning author.

"You Lead" conveys an important message: seeking true fulfilment at work and merging the personal and professional will allow
Jenni
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You Lead by Minter Dial is one of my favorite leadership books and definitely the best one I’ve read this year. What are you really doing that matters?
You Lead gives great advice that you can implement to improve your leadership but also yourself.

We learn to recognize the role of our personal life in how we conduct business.
Become transparent.
Find out true North with our Who?, Our top values and adding meaning to them.
Embrace humility in not thinking less of ourselves but in thinking of ourselve
Divyanshu Oberoi
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book teaches you the art of being a leader.

“For the great individual achiever, it is all about me. For the great leader, it is all about them.”

We are entering an era of unprecedented innovation and disruption. Innovation is good; disruption is better. As organisations navigate the changing landscape inspired by these disruptive forces, there needs to be a leader who can coordinate these efforts while building a deep and passionate influence with her or his team. This leads me to my second p
Minter Dial
Nov 06, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
We have had over a decade of digital transformation and now a year of sanitary, economic and social crises. Businesses are being disrupted more than ever. In this context, there is a need for a new kind of leadership; one that bleeds personality and rings true to employees and customers alike who crave authenticity. You Lead argues that business leaders deliver superior results, communities of engagement both inside and outside of the company and true values-driven success when they are themselv ...more
Emiliano
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Oprah ... these are names of people I admire although I haven't met in person (yet). What do they have in common? They are authentic leaders of their industries. Elon Musk doesn't try to have a 'nice' public image for investors. Richard Branson doesn't like suits and he doesn't wear them for his public image. Oprah doesn't deny her past. This amazing book by author Minter Dial will get you to dice deep into being a better leader by being yourself! WONDERFUL AND VALUAB ...more
Amit Bharti
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Do you know what are some pin point traits and human behaviour that make them to lead a great organization and company.

In this book "You Lead" by M. Dial we are going to know this from scratch to multinational corporations leadership qualities and skills.

What makes Jeff Bezos, Mark, Steve, Phil knight and other world renowned CEOs to lead such a huge industries.They know how to lead their company in most desirable direction.

How do they manage their shares of companies and other parent company. A
Shivi Talwar
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Those who know how to connect the dots, ideas and people will be those who know how to surf on the wave of Change”

“You need to get ahead of the curve and put forward the best version of you, otherwise others will write their version of you for you.”

In this book, the author @mdail explains that when YOU LEAD, you’ll find the best way to be yourself, get results and the genuine reputation to which you aspire.

As the winds of change continue to whirl at pace, it’s easy to get knocked off course.
momma_doc_reads
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
“To bring about transformation and raise engagement, you’ll need to have the courage to be yourself and lead by example...Being your authentic self will make you a better leader.”
In the very beginning, the author shares his inspiration for this book that started with an epiphany he had regarding leadership during a time of crisis. This lead him to merge his professional and personal selves to become one, bringing his values into the workplace. It makes total sense, as he points out that anythin
Suyogya
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Book Plot-
“Leadership is lifting a person's vision to high sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations”. The line as stated here, reflects the basic precepts of leadership and shares a great deal of relevancy with the overall context of the book at hand, where the author has verily stressed upon the importance of starting leading ourselves as readily construed by the title of the book itself. Delving further, th
ReadersColony
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
" When you know why you are doing what you do and it resonates with your deeper purpose, all the activities that are aligned with that purpose will you back energy."

Businesses that focus on better leaders instead of better management deliver better results.
In today's world where small business and startups have opportunities to grow then need for better leaders have also risen significantly.

In the book You Lead, author Minter Dial provides impeccable strategies to develop a leadership style th
Sushil Kumar
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I felt really connected with the argument that this book makes, that “your biggest asset in leadership is you: when you embrace your whole self, that’s when people will trust you more and believe in your journey"

Really loved reading about the way the world's most renowned CEOs and entrepreneurs lead their organization and made it highly successful with their leadership strategies.

If we look closely into the biggest brands on earth, they lead in a different way, one that bleeds personality and r
The Royal
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Leadership doesn't start with driving a group of people to achieve a goal but in it's back It's like being the Genuine Self before presenting yourself to the public as a leader. It's like polishing oneself with honesty and Genuinity.

Here Author Mintor Dial tries to present this art in this book.Being a white-collar leader, branding expert; all his mentorship characters reflect in this amazing read.Presenting L'oreal as a top executive for noticable 16 years he shares what a leadership should be
Bookothon
Jun 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
In his best seller 'You Lead', the author Minter Dial bring about the importance of a new kind of leadership in today's world. As its name, the main idea of this book is to reflect on how being yourself makes you a better leader.

The books has nine chapters which draw a path for to elevate the leader inside everyone of us. The book helps us to develop our personal values, greater awareness and embrace our true self.

'You Lead' is a practical guide filled with real-life examples on how we can com
Katie
May 03, 2021 added it
You Lead focuses on authenticity in the workplace. The author points out that if you’re spending more than 40 hours per week on you job- that’s 50% of your waking time. Do you want to be doing something you don’t believe in?
This book walks you through action items to ensure that you are being genuine with yourself and your actions in work, and that others can see that. It also encourages building community in the work place which, as we come back to work after one of the strangest years of all
Roy Chaaya
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Through the author’s experience at L’ Oréal, Redken and other companies, Minter share how you can be authentic in your leadership style at the same time appealing to your coworkers, costumers, shareholder, stakeholders, and all the people involved. This book gets technical. Minter covers the topic of dealing with your employees, customers, shareholders, stakeholders, retailers… in specific and actionable steps, which means that this book is specifically for employees and leaders in any organizat ...more
Harshi
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
The author of this book is minter dial who has met thousands of executives. minter has pointed out the important aspect crucial for the technology, life etc. Motivating others through word is not a easy task but our author has definitely got this skills.

Initially , he has shared is personal story. And further he has started with the title , it’s a rocky world in which he has discussed about the day today problems of the business shift. How the corona has impacted and stuffs. One of the statement
Intoxicating Pages
Jun 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
There's literally tens of thousands of books on leadership out there. Most of them are the same, rehashed knowledge that someone trips over and decides they are the first person that has ever discovered the concept of leadership and should write a book. Many do it to enhance their speaking engagements and to give themselves a false sense of credibility - I mean, a guy wrote a book, right, so he must be knowledgeable! Minter Dial is the real deal. His career spans two decades at the executive lev ...more
tycoons_bookshelf
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Leadership is what gives you a true sense of living, you lead and help people to achieve their goal with yours.

Leadership has been in demand since we know the existence of human race in trade, politics, Businesses, family responsibilities and Community work. Leadership can be found everywhere.

WHERE FROM LEADERSHIP COMES ?
According to history majority of leadership traits have been found transmitting from your ancestors to you. ( It is what history and psychology claims ) But there are other wa
Unleash The Knowledge
Jul 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Most leadership and self-help books provide us with a framework teaching us, Who To Be, How To Respond, How To Act, and the list goes on…

What most miss is that there is no cookie-cutter approach to leading others as everyone is different and may need a different message.

Not only are others different and unique, but SO ARE YOU!

Keynote speaker, author, and award-winning filmmaker, Minter Dial is spreading the powerful message on, How Being Yourself Makes You A Better Leader with his new book, You
Shiromani Kant
May 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a read it was what a read. Each page is pure wisdom.
📛 Book: You Lead by Minter Dial
⭐ Rating: 5/5
🏴‍☠️ Reading Difficulty: Medium
🔢 Pages to read: 230

I'm not a huge fan of leadership books as most of those have similar knowledge our school teachers use to teach us from business books but, this was whole another level. It is not just a leadership book, it's a must-read guide for all business leaders of the 21st century, especially post covid-19. The book is extremely very well written and deep
Siddharth
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
You lead , so lead or leadership is a part of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a goal and that what. The author Minter Dial try to explain in his book.

A good leader always want his team to be successful in their work. The leader also make his decision and taking customer in considerations because they are the one who can rate your working performance and form that you can know you are succeed or not.

The book has so many depth in his parts that if you can make that happen in
TinaRae
Sep 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2022-read-list
Timely and very informative, regardless of your role or your experience.
Sandhya
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Written Review Of "You Lead: How Being Yourself Makes You A Better Leader" By Minter Dail

Publisher : Kogan Pages
Pages : 240
Genre : Self help

You Lead Is All About Challenges A Leader Faces And Author Also Shared His Experiences In This Book.

It's An Amazing Story Which Takes You To Another World And Kept You On Your Toe Throughout The Story As It's Kept Getting More Interesting Throughout The End.

I Really Loved The Concept Of The Book. I Don't Read Many Books Like This But This One Just Grab My At

• Fit For Success: Lessons On Achievement And Leading Your Best Life (Renaissance Periodization Book 12)
  • The Surprising Gift of Doubt: Use Uncertainty to Become the Exceptional Leader You Are Meant to Be
  • Harmonize Your Home 52 Tips to Energize Your Work From Home Life for Greater Success
  • Swagger: Unleash Everything You Are and Become Everything You Want
  • Leadership That Rocks
  • Find Your Red Thread: Make Your Big Ideas Irresistible
  • Vicious Cycle: Whiskey, Women, and Water
  • Business Model Shift: Design the Future of Your Business Around the Ways the World Is Changing
  • The Desolations of Devil's Acre (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #6)
  • Take Back Your Weekends: Stress Less. Do More. Be Happier.
  • The Keepers (Mace Reid K-9 Mystery, #2)
  • A Saint and a Sinner: The Rise and Fall of a Beloved Catholic Priest
  • The End of Men
  • The Beauty of Living Twice
  • Business Model Shifts: Six Ways to Create New Value For Customers
  • Different Like Me
  • The Ghost Garden: Inside the Lives of Schizophrenia's Feared and Forgotten
  • I Will Bury You
Minter Dial is a professional speaker, author & consultant on Leadership, Branding and Transformation.

His three published books include: Heartificial Empathy (Dec 2018), Futureproof (Sep 2017) and The Last Ring Home (Nov 2016). His newest book comes out January 2021: You Lead, How Being Yourself Makes You A Better Leader (Kogan Page).

Minter has given over 500 talks and seminars to audiences i

News & Interviews

“Your number one fans ought to be your employees, starting with yourself.” 1 likes
“It’s important to recognize that your intention counts immeasurably.” 1 likes