Start by marking “Edge of Madness (Edge of Collapse #2)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Madness (Edge of Collapse #2)

Edge of Madness

(Edge of Collapse #2)

A devastating EMP. No power. No communication. And no help...
On the five-year anniversary of his wife Hannah's disappearance, small-town deputy Noah Sheridan takes his young son Milo to a local ski resort for some much needed father-son time.

In a blink, the power grid goes out. So do the resort's brand new generators. Noah and Milo find themselves trapped on a chairlift
Published February 17th 2020 by Paper Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Madness

Start your review of Edge of Madness (Edge of Collapse #2)
Tapasya
Awesome beginning but dragged later on.

Overall this book was nice as the previous book. But it was not the exact continuation of the previous book. It was about what was happening at other side.
I hope the next book will continue from the first book because I really want to know what happens next.
Michelle
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was aware that this instalment was taking a slightly different direction and I was not sure whether I would like it or not. However, I loved it. The pace & atmosphere is different to the previous book. I loved that I learnt more about the characters mentioned in the first book, that there is more occurring.

At the beginning I needed to stop reading for a little while because I have a phobia of heights and the way in which the author described a situation was very real. I felt as unwell as
jboyg
A Sockwalloper Of An EMP Series By Kyla Stone

Okay, I get it, my higher power has commanded me to become a Stone Clone and read everything Ms. Kyla writes. Message received, this gal has got her finger firmly on the EMpulse in this second book in this series. Real characters, real villains, realistic events, the feeling that this is the way things could really go. Where is number three?
NanaShauna Joesten
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic series that is a real page turner. This Author really knows how to make the read flow and bring out the characters. This is an Epic read. One of the best series I have read. I read it from start to finish, I could not put it down until I finished. If I could give it more than 5 stars than I would. This is definitely a must read series.
Shauna Joesten
Sandra "Jeanz"
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to reading this one after really enjoying the prequel and bk1 Edge Of Collapse too. I knew this one was going to be introducing and following the new characters of Noah & Milo, the husband and son of Hannah who is featured in Edge Of Collapse.

I really like the cover which is depicting a scene from within the book, of police officer, Noah holding his 8 year old son, Milos hand in one hand and a rifle in his other hand. It also shows the awful snowy weather conditions
Cath
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of the Edge of Collapse series and covers the story of Hannahs husband, Noah Sheridan and their son Milo. Hannah disappeared from their home on Christmas Eve five years before, after they had a fight and she left to cool off. She has never been seen since. Noah and Milo have coped with her absence, but Noah has found it hard to combine his role as a small town cop, with being a single dad. He always takes Christmas Eve off and spends it with his son, this year out at a ski ...more
Teresa
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Edge of Collapse 2
A devastating EMP. No power. No communication. And no help...

In a blink, the power grid goes out. So do the resort's brand new
Deb Threadgill
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We start out with Noah and his son Milo stuck on a ski lift thirty feet off the ground when the power goes out. They try to call for help on their phones, but no ones phones work. Then a helicopter crashed into the lodge. Noah is one of the officer in Falls Creek and he says help will be coming. A teenage girl on the lift says no they wont, this was an EMP, everything will be down, phones, power, anything that uses any part of a computer to work.,wont work and it could last a long time. When ...more
Kaye
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ONE MAGNIFICENT ADVENTURE!!!
It's getting deep! Kyla rocks this baby to it's core as we witness the struggles and strife, heartache and defeat, pulling closer and supporting one another through thick and thin. A raging tempest of inexplicable circumstances and catastrophic events explodes with intense drama, spiraling intrigue, unnerving danger and electrifying suspense blasting this little fella to life spectacularly. Add turmoil, loss, anarchy, misgivings, massacre, desperation, torment and
David Sumner
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Timely, excellent read!

As I finish this book about the breakdown of society following a SHTF event I am struck by the parallels to my own situation of being in an area very hard hit by COVID-19 . . . an area recently hit by food hoarding and news videos showing people literally beating one another up over bottled water and toilet paper. Edge of Madness is an exciting and stark reminder that we are not in control no matter how well prepared we think we are. We might think we are ready for trouble
Annette Cairl
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Edge of Madness review

I enjoyed the way Edge of Madness started. You are introduced to Hannahs family Noah and Milo. It starts off on a slow, gentle note but quickly begins to build to a fever-pitch crescendo. It's a book that is difficult to put down. It seems to continue to build until a beautifully crafted denouement that doesn't come until the very end of the book. I was left wanting the next book and trying to imagine what Ms. Stone would do with the various characters. I wanted to know
Jenny
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating sequel to the previous books, with different characters to those books but related to them, and caught up in the same disaster. The setting is quite different, as after the initial action, which may cause you to never wish to go on a ski slope chairlift again, the setting changes to a small town, and how its inhabitants cope without power and other problems. However, as is always true with this author, peril is never far away and the situation deteriorates, with plenty of action ...more
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book 2 focuses on 2 characters mentioned in the first. I always thought that being in a small elevator during an EMP would be the worst, but on a ski lift has to be a close second. We get to see how a small town tries to cope with this unprecedented disaster while in the midst of a Michigan winter. We have the standard evil miscreants as well. I rather like Quinn who is young but made of the strong stuff. Presumably the next book will runtime these characters with those from book 1.
Louise Feagans
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Edge of Collapse and Madness

Since I read these two books back to back ( I got so involved in reading the first one, I had to go directly to the second one.) I really love Kyla Stone's books, she is an amazing story teller in all of her books and this series is no different. Get characters are well written so you think you know them. I would recommend these books to all especially if you like dystopian books.
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this second and most epic book in the series, we get the other side of this complex and amazing story. Noah and Milo's story starts on the day of the EMP, and it's doozy.
We are introduced to some really great new characters, Quinn being an absolutely fantastic and amazing character that I just can't get enough of. The events in this book are literally mind blowing!
I can't wait for the next book!
Kay
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful characters!

There are such deeds done in this story. Both evil and good. The characters are so diverse. The evil jumps off the page with those characters actions. And the good, decent folk pluck at the heartstrings. Of all of them, Quinn is my favourite character. For so many reasons. Loving this series!
Manfred
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's cold in Michigan again and the readers meet Noah and Milo, Hannah's husband and son. And the town's people of Falls Creek come into play. And with them more mysteries and mayhem. Kyla Stone's writing really makes you feel the events and the cold. And then you want to read on and want to know more....
Donna
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story starts out with Noah and his son at a ski resort. They decide to take a ride up the ski lift. It stalls while they are riding up. There are others on the lift too. They all wait, assured that someone will fix the problem or come rescue them. It is snowing hard and it is cold.

Good things do not happen on a stalled ski lift while it is snowing and very cold.
Noah and his son do manage to survive this and return to town to find an EMP has shut off everything electrical and no shipments
Donna B. Gee
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great!!

I enjoyed this book and all the other books in this series. Well written. You can relate to the characters and "see" what they see. Very descriptive. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys apocalypse type books. I look forward to the last 3 books of this series. April can't come soon enough.
Shari
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Most fascinating book. The characters are just like you would expect people in a small town to be in the beginning. Trying to come up with the right plans to save and protect thier town. But when the world falls apart, do do the best laid plans. Terrifying and heartwrenching. I can't wait for book three.
Sherry
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
An awesome 2nd book in the series. Got to hear Noah's story, and what a roller coaster ride that is. Love where this is going and already rooting on my favorite characters...so looking forward to book 3😋
Louise
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Edge of your seat thrilling.

I liked learning about Hannahs past, how a town can change over night from greed, jealousy and just plain evil people. Another winner Kyla thank you for the great read.
janis burtch
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love a good book

Enjoyed this second book in series. Gave great back ground on husband and son from first book .hate that have to wait for next book to find out what happens to everyone.
B. Fleetwood
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment of this fast-paced and exciting series. Brilliantly well written, this book delivers raw emotions, characters you will love and absolutely hate and a compelling plot line. I have come to expect no less from this talented writer. Excellent!
Asiaman
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No Zombies but good old fashioned writing skill. The characters were easy to get familiar with and you will become engrossed in this story of a small town after an EMP. Bad guys, good guys, children and they all come together in wonderful book.
Debbe
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddness Book 2

Book 2 tells the story from a different point of view. There are new adversaries and truthes not being told, truthes which will tear this town apart in the most heartbreaking way. The most shocking revelations will reveal themselves in book 3.
Anna Bee
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series. With each subsequent book, new interesting characters are added. The author keeps the same tense tempo. Despite the difficult events, the book is easy to read. I'm really looking forward to continuing, because the next book will be on Hannah's behalf again.
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
It was ok but not great. I felt I read this book some time ago and was a remake.
Tyler
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ!!!

Book 2 of this series is incredible and never disappointed me and really showed the good and bad of humanity.
Sterling Walker
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gritty and gripping.

• Seeking Safety: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Gateway to Chaos Book One)
  • Fight the Shock: A Post-Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (World in Collapse Book 1)
  • New World (Surviving the End Book 3)
  • Fallen World (Surviving the End Book 2)
  • Storm's Fury (Storm's Fury #1)
  • Storm Warning (Tertiary Effects Book 2)
  • Crumbling World (Surviving the End Book 1)
  • Day of Reckoning: Surviving the Solar Storm, Book One
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Minus America (Minus America #1)
  • Mercy: Book 6 in the Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series: (Flashpoint - Book 6)
  • Upheaval (Days of Want #5)
  • It Hit The Fan: Piney River Apocalypse
  • Dark Days (Days of Darkness #1)
  • The Flood (Geostorm #4)
  • Geostorm The Tempest: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (The Geostorm Series Book 5)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Deception: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Dark Road Book 7)

Edge of Collapse (4 books)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • Edge of Darkness (Edge of Collapse #3)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)