Start by marking “Dewdrop” as Want to Read:
Dewdrop

Dewdrop

From the author of The Tea Dragon Society comes Dewdrop, the delightful children's tale of an adorable axolotl who cheers on his underwater friends as they each bring their talents to the pond's sports fair!

Dewdrop is an easygoing, gentle axolotl who enjoys naps, worm pie, and cheerleading. When the yearly sports fair nears, he and his friends—Mia the weightlifting turtle,
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Dewdrop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dewdrop

Start your review of Dewdrop
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was absolutely precious. Katie O'Neill's adorable art style lends so well to children's fiction and my heart is soaring. So cute!!!
Brittany
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be totally fair, it’s not *exactly* a five star for me. But only because I wanted more details and a bit more story out of it. But it’s important to note that this was made for little kids and keeping that in Mind it is one hundred percent perfect for them! Very sweet and simple while still keeping true to O’Neill’s style!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
“The only person I need to compete with is myself and try to do better than I did yesterday.”

・゚: *・゚:* 5 s t a r s *:・゚*:・゚

Katie O'Neill is my favourite graphic novel author and illustrator of all time, so when I heard she was coming out with a children's picture book, I was so excited! This story follows an axolotl and her friends as they prepare for and compete in their pond's very own sports fair. All of Dewdrop's friends are struggling with feelings of doubt and insecurity, but Dewdrop
Romie
oh my gosh this was absolutely adorable and wholesome! it's completely what you need to read if you're feeling a bit low; if you need a little reminder that giving your personal best is all you can do, that comparing yourself to other people will bring nothing. it's just such a pure story. even just the art style makes this story worth the read.
Silvia
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book as an advance copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

Aww this was adorable! It's a children's book about a sports fair where everyone does what they do best, whether it's competing, writing a song, cheerleading or making food for the animals who go to the fair.

As we all do, the characters get a bit discouraged in the process, wondering if they're good enough, but Dewdrop's encouragement helps them find the confidence in
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I love this book so much! I adore everything Katie O'Neill has ever written and this was no exception. I've been so excited for her to release a new picture book and I have a feeling that the cute art, bright colors, and sweet story will be really popular with kids (plus animal main characters are always A++). This was seriously just so precious and I need a copy for my shelves as soon as it comes out just to join my beloved Katie O'Neill collection!

Thank you so much to the publisher for
Emma
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

I know this is a children book, but at this point I would read literally anything that Katie O'Neill writes/draws. I just love her stories and her drawing style so much, they are always so cute!
This story has a lovely axolotl as the main character and it was all so sweet! It talks about how sometimes people can feel self-doubt and how the help of friends can help to overcome it, it's such a good
Umut Reviews
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute children's graphic novel with Katie O'Neill's usual very nice illustrations. It focuses on being your own best rather than comparing yourself with others and helping others.
I think it's a very good children's book to be gifted to a child.
Thanks so much to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC.
Alisa
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dewdrop is Katie O'Neill's middle grade little graphic novel about an axolotl and their friends who prepare for a sport festival. It is amazing how Katie O'Neill manages to have such important themes is such a small amount of pages. Even as an adult, it was still nice to be reminded that you don't have to be the best one there is,you just have to be better than you were before and the only person you should compete with is yourself. And of course the cute and colorful art style made this book ...more
La Coccinelle
This little graphic novel about an axolotl is pretty cute. Dewdrop and his friends are excited for the sports fair. But as each gets ready to play their part--whether that's weightlifting, singing, or cooking--they experience doubts about their skills. It isn't until Dewdrop reminds them of what's really important that they find the courage to just do their best.

The story is very simple, and the book reads as though it's for very young children. Which is fine! Little kids will probably love the
Morris
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dewdrop is an adorably illustrated story about doing your best and encouraging others to do theirs, as well. The bright pictures and simple story will help even the youngest readers remain engaged.

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

All in all, this was such a gorgeous and fun book to read and I would highly recommend it to all. I am sure kids, and adults, will love it.

Review to come in March 2020.
Etienne
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute and marvelously illustrated book about being kind to others, doing your best and while going it also inspired others to do so. Beautiful, fun and inspiring. Very light and lightfull in every way, but a good one!
amanda
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dewdrop.
An adorable name for an adorable book in both artistic style and story line.
This is all about trying your best and cheering on your friends. No matter what the outcome might be you did your all and that’s what truly matters. I was a cheerleader in my youth and although we won a competition or two we lost more often, it was all about having fun and growing as a unit and of course making friends along the way.
This book embodies that and more.
Did I mention that it’s super adorable because
Anniek
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
"The only person I need to compete with is myself, and try to do better than I did yesterday."

Katie O'Neill's art work is phenomenal as always. This graphic novel is intended for a significantly younger audience than her other ones, but it's still very much enjoyable for older readers as well. It's about the power of friendship, being supportive of other people, and believing in yourself, which is a wonderful and necessary message for every age group. This definitely cheered me up.
Lauren
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a cute children's book, with lovely illustrations, thank you netgalley for the e- copy. This book has a really important message about just trying your best, being kind to yourself and supporting your friends. I would definitely reccomend this book to others, I am not the age this book was probably intended/marketed for but I still really enjoyed it and loved the message, a book for all ages to enjoy and share with children, nieces, nephews, cousins etc. 4/5 ...more
JenLovesBooks
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the cutest thing ever! I'm already a fan of Katie O'Neill and all imagined worlds that come from her. So, of course, the minute I saw this book up for grabs on NetGalley I knew I had to try and get approved for it. Which, turns out the odds were ever in my favor and I was able to get this book and read it with my daughter.

Yes, it's more for a younger age group, but that didn't keep my daughter and I from enjoying every single page in this book. She's seven and reads many different
Natalie
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has been sent to me to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

What a beautiful, heart warming and heart melting story this is! My daughter adores Dewdrop and I've fallen in love with her precious selfless little heart too.

Dewdrop and her friends can't wait for sports day, but as it approaches, Dewdrops friends start doubting themselves and fearing what they do isn't good enough. Dewdrop takes time to visit each friend to help and support them and make
Sophie
I feel like we do not deserve this book, it is just an incredibly pure story, so pure that my heart can't take it, it's like a big warm hug. I will always love Katie O'Neill's art, so beautiful and soft which makes you want to hug the characters so bad. And the moral of the story basically being "you can do it" and "do it for yourself" is just amazing. I love love love this book.
Hâf
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore The Tea Dragon Society graphic novels so as soon as I saw this I hit request! Katie O'Neills art style is perfect for children, she creates such imaginative characters.
This is exactly the type of positive friendships representation children need to read about. Encouraging your friends and being there for them is the message Katie O'Neill has tried to convey in Dewdrop and it was evident on every page.
I loved everything about this book.
Maja Madsen
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
** I received this through netgalley in exchange for an honest review **

This was the most precious and amazing little story!
As always Katie O’Neill, has some of the cutest and most amazing characters in her books and this on is no exception. This was so precious and lovely, and as always, the artstyle was so beautiful!
Holly
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
eArc graciously provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

A cute little story that I think would be enjoyable for any child with its adorable, colorful art style and wildly positively messages. My only complaint would be that I felt it lacked dialogue, so sometimes it was easy to get a bit lost only going off the drawings, and I assume that would be the same for children. Maybe not to the same level, but even a little bit of additional dialogue/narration/backstory would have
Halee Denise
arc provided by the publisher and netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I LOVED this so much. This little picture book was absolutely adorable and the messages it sends are so lovely! The artwork was so cute.

Everything about this, from the artwork to the friendship and message of just trusting yourself and doing the best you can, just absolutely made my day and filled my heart up with so much joy.

5/5
Laura (bbliophile)
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the cutest, softest thing I've ever laid eyes on
Dreximgirl
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was really cute, I love Katie O'Neill's artwork and this had such a sweet little moral story to it. It was very simple but it is for young children and thinking about the target audience I believe it was spot on. Even for older audiences it is wonderful, even though I did just want more :)
Lacey
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet story of appreciating the smallest things.
Mana traverse les Pages
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Follow the adventure of Dewdrop and his friends as they approach a sports competition.
Each character has a role to play, but all also have their doubts ...
A nice little lesson on the pressure we can face under the eyes of others ...

The illustrations are beautiful and colorful, but that didn't surprise me at all, as I chose this book for its author, Katie O'Neill, who also wrote and illustrated The Tea Dragon Society and The Tea Dragon Festival I loved it. ^^
Hannah
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really great to see how much O'Neill has developed since her earlier work, really love the lineless artwork, bright colours and expressions on all the characters. A lot of picture-books I've read seem to patronize down to children, but O'Neill approaches them on their level.

A friend of mine who has an axolotl - saw the book cover online of Dewdrop, and loved it. So not only would this be a good gift for children, but a gift for axolotl lovers and fans of O'Neill's work.

Thanks to Netgalley for
Charlotte
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#gifted: I obtained this book for free via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a tale from Katie O'Neill, who you may recognise as the author of The Tea Dragon Society graphic series.

This tells the story of Dewdrop and friends as they participate in the pond's annual sports fair.
Dewdrop is an enchanting main character! If I had to compare it to another book I'd say Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series! That said, it has a sparkle all it's own.

I adored the cute cover and
Oldřiška
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, five-stars
This is one of the most beautiful picture books I've read in a long time. The illustrations and the colour palette are very pleasant to look at and I really like that the author chose axolotl as the protagonist, it's such an interesting animal. On top of that, the story itself makes perfect sense and has a great message. It's better to try your best rather than compare yourself to others, help each other and be yourself. I think that every kid would love this, it's colourful, cute and has an ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world
  • The Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours
  • Baby: A Soppy Story
  • Gudetama: Love for the Lazy
  • Queer Heroes: Meet 53 LGBTQ Heroes From Past and Present!
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • Christmas in 100 Words
  • Human
  • McDuff Moves In
  • Mama Needs a Minute
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Unicorn Training
Katie O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. She is the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, and Aquicorn Cove, all from Oni Press. She mostly makes gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and is very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.