Start by marking “The IT Guy” as Want to Read:
The IT Guy

The IT Guy

Elaine
I love my job, I love my house, and I love my cat. What else do I need out of life? Hmmm...maybe the hot new IT guy from work. Those dimples...And don’t get me started on his forearms.

But he’s way too young. Plus, office romance is never a good idea. Besides, my relationship track record is pitiful and the last thing I need is to get my heart broken again. So Simon
Paperback
Published February 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The IT Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The IT Guy

Start your review of The IT Guy
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 STAR WARS CROWNS

Charming and delightful, The IT Guy brings us the best of the romcom world.

Andi Burns has created an enigma with Simon. As a reader I tend to lean more towards the dark and broody hero, but there is something utterly addictive about Simon and his Star Wars, tech loving ways. Maybe it is the way he loves a Elaine or maybe it is just how completely adorable he is, but I couldn’t resist him.

Elaine is a tougher nut to crack. She has baggage, not a
Ange
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a perfect mixture of fun, flirty, and sexy. I love age gap stories, and this older woman/younger man love story had me sold at the blurb.

Simon is a young (25), nerdy, and super fun character. Here's crushing hard on his older coworker, Elaine (34). When he finally takes the dive and asks her out, it's equal parts hilarious and sexy. Their banter is perfectly written, their flirting is grin-inducing, and their chemistry is to-die-for.

They're both nervous for different reasons. He's
Tricia
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering new authors and I have to say, if this is the quality of writing we get from Ms Burns as a brand new author, then she surely has a great career ahead of her and we as readers are in for a treat.

This author’s clever humor and smooth writing style grabbed me from the beginning and I enjoyed both enormously. Wonderfully witty banter and double entendres had me in stitches. In fact I was laughing so hard at one point I got a scathing look from my husband and a judgy comment about
Melyssa Winchester

Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating:

Review

description

I need something different, as far as my romances go these days, so after reading the blurb for this one, despite it being a new author to me, I knew I had to take a chance on it.
I’m glad I did.
It was the perfect mixture of romance, humor and steam factor in terms of scenes of intimacy.
The humor jumped out at me most, the ease at which these characters played so easily off each
Marina Skinner
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really love discovering new authors and this being the author’s first book I'm definitely intrigued for more of her work!
The IT Guy was an entertaining older woman/younger man story and I really enjoyed the overall storyline! It was entertaining, filled to the brim of nerdy quotes, which I genuinely love to read about, great banter and sizzling chemistry!
I liked Elaine but she had little self worth and this was due to a past relationship and her awful mother. Enter Simon and his
Jill
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The IT Guy was just the right kind of sweet and funny—with layered depth—read. Elaine and Simon’s banter was clever while their chemistry was off the charts. At the same time though, Elaine’s self-doubt was heartbreaking and real. Simon, though younger, is THE MAN! He never once wavered from his feelings or adoration of her. It was his loyalty, and indeed more importantly Elaine’s own growth and acceptance, that eventually led her to fight for what she deserved. The secondary characters in this ...more
Jackie Wright
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is Andi Burn’s first novel and if this book is anything to go by we will be hearing a lot more from her. I love finding new authors and am I’m intrigued to see where we go next with this one.
This is older woman/younger man story but it’s so much more than just a romance, it’s quirky, it’s steamy, it’s funny and it’s full of witty banter that will have you laughing out loud.
Simon is a man happy with his life, he has a great outlook on life and that installs confidence but what I really loved
Kari Davis
The IT Guy is a debut novel by Andi Burns. It was cute, sweet, sexy and funny. I love finding new authors and I enjoyed her type of writing. So don't get me wrong, she has talent. I am having a hard time on whether to rate this 3.75 Stars or 4 Stars. I enjoyed it and liked it, but didn't love it, just something with the story line got to me. But I still will recommend it, as I am interested to see what is next.

Andi Burns brings the humor with this story which was a great surprise. She has the
Aundi-Musings of The Modern Belle
4 Wonderboy Crowns

This was a wonderful debut Novel by Andi, I got swept away with the delightful quirkiness of the characters and the easy flow of the storyline. Andi has a delightful writing style that keeps you engrossed in the plot and entertained throughout. I loved the lightness to this story, but also with the character development regarding the underlying issues. I feel this is not just a romance but a story of self-discovery and acceptance of who you are.

“Too soon to offer pregnancy?
Louise  O
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The IT Guy is the first novel for Burns, I jumped on it soon as I read the blurb.

Elaine isn’t denying the IT guy is gorgeous, she has become friends even when she destroys laptops. Simon has had a crush since day 1, and finally he decides to ask her out; they have chemistry together but Elaine is not handling the age gap very well, will she realise before its too late that she has pushed the best thing in her life away?

I enjoyed reading this story, even though I want strangle Elaine for her
Stacey Gomez
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm glad to have found this new author from a recommendation from a FB blog from M.o.f.t.m.b I loved the characters of Simon and Elaine. Ah.. i love Simon's love of Star Wars ( he reminds me of my brother-in-law) and the sassiness of Elaine. Great joh on this first published book. I would recommend this book to read.
Cassie Ashford
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Caroline F
Great debut from a new author.

“I don’t want to sound creepy or come off like a weirdo, but Elaine’s it for me. She’s everything I could ever want.”

Simon Walker, the new head of IT, a self-professed geek in all things IT and Star Wars, as well as a recognised boy genius, has been fiercely attracted to his work colleague, Elaine Madigan, since the first moment he met her. She’s beautiful, funny, and they have a real connection. He just needs to work up the nerve to ask her out.

“Killer forearms,
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great 4.5 read!! I enjoyed these characters a lot!! Simon was the sexy nerdy smart guy with a crush on a girl, excuse me woman. The chemistry is there & well written, but not over the top. It was perfect for this romance, for this fun, quirky story. It was fun to read a H that is the slightly quirky, but is also a sexy dirty talker. Elaine is smart, not like Simon, but a good fit to him. Her insecurities have her overthinking so many things, which is so much a female characteristic. This ...more
Sassy Southern
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hot, steamy and hilarious at times! The IT Guy by Andi Burns was a fun read that had great characters and a great story line. Simon is the young, sexy, brainy IT guy in Elaine's company. He has his eyes set on her, but she is struggling with the fact that he is so much younger. When the two are together the chemistry is undeniable, but Elaine still struggles with feeling as though she isn't good enough. Get ready to go on a roller coaster of emotions because you are going to experience them all ...more
Nina
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The IT Guy was my first read by Andi Burns. I love age gaps and as soon as it was released I had to one-click. I'm so glad I did. A fun and sexy read. One that had me laughing and swooning. Simon Walker was too irresistible and I couldn't help but fall for him too. Loved it!
Lisa
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A proper feel good read.

Elaine has a massive crush on the much younger IT guy who comes to fix her computer. What she doesn't realise is that he also has a massive crush on her too. Neither have the courage to act on it for different reasons: Simon doesn't think he is good enough whilst Elaine feels that she is too old for him and that her body clock is ticking down, thanks to a mother who continuously puts her down.

Simon and Elaine as so cute together - words come out of their mouths and they
Jenifer
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the debut novel of Andi Burns and features an age gap romance between Elaine and Simon, older woman falls in love with a younger man! I was very intrigued by the blurb so when I received this book, I couldn’t wait to dive in!

I thought overall the story was good, but for me, I felt the buildup was kind of slow and therefore, at times, I found myself skipping over paragraphs. I thoroughly enjoyed the character development, especially of Elaine who goes from naive and insecure to standing
Andrea Thompson
I think anyone who has worked in an office environment has wondered about situations like this. This was so well done, smart, funny and sexy!

Simon is everything that Elaine (Lainey) needs and deserves, even if she's having a hard time believing it - and she's definitely got her reasons, like WOW. Watching these two traverse an age gap / workplace romance is funny and full of big heart. Simon is dedicated and a force when he decides to go after her!

Such a fantastic debut!
Sunny Shelly Reads
The IT Guy is an impressive debut novel. Simon is all kinds of sexy nerd, determined to prove to Elaine that their age difference bears no meaning on how perfect they are for each other.

This book has witty banter, likable characters and lots of fun and funny moments. I look forward to seeing what else comes next from Andi Burns.

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily left a review.
Bookish
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Older woman, younger man, hot IT guy. This books is fun to read and a definite must add to your TBR list.
Kimhe Rockchicks
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun read.

Enjoyed it very much.
Vanessa Lawford
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.

It took me a while to get into it but once I did, I couldn't put it down.

An ARC was kindly provided in exchange for a honest and voluntary review for Sweet Treats Book Blog
shelfwornbooks
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

The IT Guy is a charming and swoony, sweet debut novel from Andi Burns!

Crushing on the sexy copy editor at their shared workplace is definitely a bad idea but Simon just can't help himself. From their first (adorable) meeting, he's been unable to resist Elaine's allure. She might be almost ten years older than him but she couldn't be more his type!

Dimple
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read
The IT Guy is a charming and swoony, sweet debut novel from Andi Burns!

Simon is the epitome of the hot nerd and boy, does this young thing have it going on! Sure he's ridiculously hot but he's also sweet and wicked
Kelsey Kendall
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOOOOOOOOVE a good older/younger relationship!

I loved this book! I absolutely love an age gap romance! Even more, I love an older woman, younger man romance! You don’t get those all that often. But I’m a sucker for it. Ok so I loved Lainie. And Simon. Looooved Simon. Nerds are a weakness of mine. Lol. But they went so well together. Poor Elaine though. Struggling with the fact that she’s a single woman in her 30’s. Here’s the deal. I feel like any time you read a book about an older woman and
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I loved the blurb and fell for the cover. Andi Burns killed it with this story. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the story line had me wanting to know what Elaine would finally decide after being burned years before. She was a great leading character but her set backs was dictating her HEA.

Simon was the perfect hero to the story. Even though there was an age gap, he had an old soul. His determination and happiness illuminating from him had me a sucker. I loved this story and excited to see
Melissa Mendoza
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 IT Guy Stars!!! Sexy, nerdy, dirty fun!!!

This book was equal parts hilarious and sexy!!! I was laughing my booty off the entire time and fanning myself the rest of it! The banter between these two is insane and so entertaining! I needed a good funny book in my life and this one hit all the spots!! I would highly recommend this book for your cold night in!!!
Nicole Smith
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I love a nerdy/geeky hero so I knew had to read this one. I'm so glad I did because I really enjoyed this one. I loved Simon so much. I want a Simon for myself. He is so adorably geeky, but he knows how to treat women and make them feel special. I loved the banter between Elaine and Simon. I laughed quite often and the humor is one of my favorite things about this book. I loved Simon with his friends. I also enjoyed Simon's family. For what Elaine goes through with her family she so deserves a ...more

• Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • No Strings Attached
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Dare Me: Dare Duet, Part Two: Billie and Sawyer (Unchained Attraction, #2)
  • Charity (Heaven Hill Shorts #6)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Dear Future Self (Starfish #1.5)
  • Man Crush Monday
  • Unraveled: Corwin & Belle's story (Until You, #1)
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes #2)