Start by marking “Pickle Pie” as Want to Read:
Pickle Pie

Pickle Pie

(Cyberpink #1)

Cyberpink. Blood Runs Pink.

Hunger Games meets GLOW in this bloody mess of a sport story.
When a bankrupt armourer gets offered a chance to own a second-rate player, he decides to go for it. But will he manage to even turn a profit, when he knows little about the game and its seedy world, when the opponents play dirty on and off the field, and when the game's popularity grow

To ask other readers questions about Pickle Pie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pickle Pie

Start your review of Pickle Pie
Sinisa Mikasinovic
Pickle Pie. A Cyberpink story.

Oh dear LOL, what have I gotten myself into this time? 😂

Strength. Speed. Strategy. Sexiness.

Okay, I had a pretty good idea after seeing the cover picture.

Heavily modified, sexy, covert ops specialist girl will kick someone's ass in this book. I have a friend who'd light up just from seeing the Badass Female Character score being over 9000 😘

As it turned out, judging a book by its cover was not a good thing to do. Again. Luckily, this time I haven't paid the price ei
Steve
This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Boom.

Took a little while to get into the book, but once it got going this was quite fun. Plot was good, but the narration was a little annoying, especially the really odd sound effects.

I will be looking for the next book on Audible.

Cmoore
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a sports-lit fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I am definitely a SciFi/Fantasy genre geek, and when SF and sports intersected in Pickle Pie, I amazed myself by really liking it! There have been books like John Scalzi's Head On, or the short story, Z Ball by Will Swardstrom, and of course Seanan McGuire's stories about Roller Derby (found in her InCryptid series) that make my heart run fast, but those are the exceptions for me, not the rule... This book is one of those Glorious e ...more
Μιχάλης
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun cyberpunk

Set in a future Athens, an armourer gets involved in a rollerball like sport, as he takes the ownership of a female athlete - and gets dragged in the dirty world of the sport.
Really enjoyed it.
Kara
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Pickle Pie (Cyberpink #1)” is a surprisingly intelligently written and entertaining story of a dystopian future. The characters are very well thought out, and I really enjoyed the narration.

There’s lots and lots of social commentary and black humor that establishes the world of the near future. We have corporations, ultra-rich cruel and perverted people, mobsters, and - at the heart of the story: crushing debt that forces people to participate in bloody sporting competitions for “entertainment”
Jessica
I went into Pickle Pie knowing absolutely about it and ended up being very pleasantly surprised by this super fun read! The description describes it as GLOW meets Hunger Games, which is a decent description (at least the GLOW part, Hunger Games works for the brutalness of the fighting but that's about it), but doesn't totally fit. I felt like it was smarter than both of those and it reminded me of a super dark, extra snarky idiocracy.

Pickle Pie is about a bankrupt armorer that inherits the bonds
Kevin
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pickle Pie is the reason you should not judge a book by its cover, or by its title for that matter. The Story was compelling and the plot was interesting and well paced. However, the true winner and the thing that drew me in and did not let me put this book down were the characters. I have to admit, that when I saw how short this book was I doubted that it could be more then a fun, dystopian, si-fi sojourn whose only purpose was entertainment. Yes, that is mostly true, it is highly entertaining, ...more
Éric Kasprak
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I love this book. I was searching for a science-fiction, sports theme book for a while and did not find anything to my liking before this one. The world of Cyberpink (and the sports Jugger) is very interesting and reminded me a bit of the dystopian fun that is Judge Dredd (my personal favorite). The pacing of the story is amazing and the writing style is simple and to the point. The characters are very well done and some depth is constantly being added throughout the story. The girls are th ...more
Norma
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
( Format : Audiobook )
"Rats in expensive clthes."
Futuristic Athens and the 'fastest game ever', Cyberpink. Meet the girls, five to a team, and the game itself, a dirtier, faster, more vicious game even than Rollerball. And one girl in particular, known later as Pickle, and her impoverished owner, an expert armourer, who'd known nothing about the game before acquiring her contract.

As so often with Mr.Saouliditis, expect a visual barrage set in an horrendous world of gratuitous survival. Always
Barbara Brostek
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cyberpink Fight Game Adventure!
Unusual look at futuristic female fighters in the seedy Greek underground. Hector, softhearted
maker of custom armor, inherits female fighter Patty Rue and is immersed into the shady fight world. This is the first in the series and I look forward the next book. Enjoy!

I received an advance copy and am happy to leave my honest review.
Kerry Sharp
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great yarn

Good storyline, great characters, nicely paced.
There is a conclusion, but it is not weighty enough, the novel desrves more.
This is a 5 star book but for its weak ending. It certainly isnt the worst, and I still recommend the book but a better ending would have completed my reading pleasure.
I may well buy the next in the series when its released.
Charles Dillon
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really something!

I must admit, all expectations to the contrary, I really enjoyed this book, enough that I'll buy the next one immeaditaly. You all really need to get it & read it yourself.
Lpaul5329
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Finally something with a different plot...not very long but easy fun read...looking forward to more in this story line soon
Maria
This was just so much fun.
SapphireFox
Liked the premis. Would probably have really enjoyed it as well as continued with the series - if it was not so very explicit...
Marcel
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Funny will gladly read the next chapter.
Aviar Savijon
I had to abandon this book
Kay
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-tbr
Slow start but amazing

Omg loved this book at first it was a little hard to get into the swing of text but I loved it so much already got cherry pie so I'm stoked
Brendan Gaughan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Review – Pickle Pie: A Cyperpink story by George Saoulidis

Disclaimer I as given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

I quite enjoyed this book which I listened to on audible. The book itself is a mix between roller derby/Whip It/rollerball and a futuristic/cybernetic Gladiator movie. Given the description of the novel I was unsure whether this would be another Harem novel but was pleasantly surprised when it was not. The main character is an armou
Tina Gundy
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enthralling Cyberpunk GameLit fantasy!

Pickle Pie (A Cyberpink Story) by George Saoulidis and narrated by Luke Rounda is an entertaining and crazy good cyberpunk tale sure to keep you interested from start to finish. Strongly recommend if you enjoy Cyberpunk/GameLit or just looking for something new in the genre.

What’s it about? Hector unintentionally becomes owner of a part cyborg athlete named Patty, who plays for the Pinup Girls in Cyberpink. Cyberpink is a brutal, almost anything goes, po
Karson Lee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, definitely hooked my interest! Pickle Pie is set in a futuristic society where those with debt can be sold, essentially as slaves, to the highest bidder. Although a strange tale, it is a rather believable path that society could eventually take. Entertaining from the start, it left me itching to read the follow-up and keep up with these characters' stories. Well done, George!

The audio production and narration were impeccably done. Awesome sound effects and voices.

I received this audiobook
David
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
recently reminded that I read this a while back, remember it being very cool, with couple or more surprises, n that I laughed out loud
Michael Wright
Tlbrodo
Dec 06, 2018
Chandra Fry
Dec 06, 2018

• The Girl with No Face (The Daoshi Chronicles, #2)
  • Alkarra Awakening (The Network Series, #2)
  • The High Priest's Daughter (The Network Series, #3)
  • Rise of the Ranger (The Echoes Saga, #1)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • The Emperor's Wolves (Wolves of Elantra #1; Chronicles of Elantra #0.1)
  • The Conception of Terror: Tales Inspired by M.R. James, Volume 1
  • The Man Who Knew The Way to the Moon
  • Mister No #108 - Alien!
  • Beastkeeper
  • A Local Habitation (October Daye, #2)
  • Beneath the Sands (Forgotten Pleasures Book 1)
  • Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid, #9)
  • Alien III
  • Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1)
  • Alchemist Academy Book 1 (Alchemist Academy #1)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor, #1)
  • Jungle King
Writer/Director. I enjoy taking ancient Greek myths and turning them into modern sci-fi spooky versions. I also like to write romantic comedies, and people seem to go "Awww!" over them, so why not?

Join the Mythographers and get 3 books for free right now.

Cyberpink (2 books)
  • Cherry Pie

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...