Start by marking “Dreamsphere: The Day We Stopped Dreaming” as Want to Read:
Dreamsphere: The Day We Stopped Dreaming

Dreamsphere: The Day We Stopped Dreaming

Dreamsphere is a profoundly philosophic, chaotic, nihilistic story without heroes, plot, climax, or purpose; but with cats, flying pigs and meaning. An epic cyberpunk/science fiction tale about nothing. Life has meaning ... does it not?
Published September 23rd 2019 (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamsphere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamsphere

Start your review of Dreamsphere: The Day We Stopped Dreaming
Aakanksha
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
Dreamshpere is a place or state of mind created by Dr. Clive W. Rossak with the aid of nano drives and the bIOS (Biological Operating System). Memories can be classified, created, defragged, and dismissed; after every 120 years. People almost reached to immortality, and there is no sign of Gods whatsoever. George and Amy never saw each other and fall in love online. When they first meet George died, soon Amy diagnosed with Cancer. They both prefer to study by Dr. Clive and met again after a long ...more
Lea
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, signed
Well! I have no idea what I've just read.

It's a mix of sci-fi, humor, and has some historical elements tossed in. The comical side was fantastic! I was laughing out loud and some of the antics of the characters. This novella is written in an intriguing way, introducing new characters without making it confusing, which seems to be a hard thing for most writers to accomplish successfully. The colorful artwork is appreciated; I quite enjoyed each new chapter bringing with it a new drawing.

Now, onto
Stephanie Francis
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This futuristic cyberpunk tale is fun, thought-provoking and thoroughly enjoyable. Don't be fooled by the blurb - this book handles some big themes but with an unapologetic humour that makes this incredible world run straight to long term memory.

I had a lot of fun with this read and I love the art work. Definitely worth a read! If not least for the flying pigs!
Amanja
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To see the full version with pictures from the book please visit https://amanjareads.com/2020/05/04/dr...

Thank you so much to author Samson Tonauac for providing me with a copy of Dreamsphere in order to write an honest review.

I'm calling Dreamsphere science fiction because I think that is the closest genre to apply. But it's more than that. It's philosophy, it's satire, it's humorous, it's challenging, it's dissociative, and it has pictures.

Dreamsphere is a love it or hate it kind of book. I lo
Bex Connster
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a strange one! I’m not sure if it’s the most novel approach to writing I’ve experienced or the worst idea since the invention of the underwater toaster. Maybe a touch of both...

The characters were intentionally written to be unlikeable, however I saw them as interesting, honest and complex. Their experiences were simultaneously identifiable yet otherworldly. I strangely identified with some of their weirder thoughts; I’m not sure if this betrays something about my psyche or if it’s part
IndieReviews
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This may be one of the best books I've ever read. Hands down. It is dark, it is hilarious, it is philosophical, it delves deep into the meaning of life and the problems each and everyone of us faces, and it is definitely punk. I am quite surprised by the one reviewer who mentioned that the dreamsphere is "is a place or state of mind created by Dr. Clive W. Rossak with the aid of nano drives and the bIOS (Biological Operating System)." That isn't what the book says at all. The dreamsphere wa ...more
Jon Adams
I like the writing but the art and the "ads" keep taking me out of the story. It also jumps around too much for my tastes. DNF at 60%. ...more
Heena Rathore P.
Dreamsphere: The Day We Stopped Dreaming by Samson Tonauac is a futuristic sci-fi cyberpunk enlaced with dark humour. The writing is raw and direct and mostly I didn't mind it as it gave a unique edge to the story. The plot structure was okay and the story was good and in spite of being presented in fragments and a lot of head-hopping, I found it engaging.

The characters were obviously written with the intent of not being loved, but, as a writer myself, I think that it could have been done in a
Kavya PV
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Veronica Sterling
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway prize. I was not compensated otherwise. I truly enjoyed everything about this book. Not only was it a quick easy read, but the writing was wonderful, the story itself was novel and different, and the ideas presented resounding. I consistently found myself smiling and nodding, and just feeling really peaceful and content while meandering through this futuristic stroll. This book was more of a philosophy presented through story, reminiscent of Ayn Rand, ...more
Michele
Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This was definitely the strangest book I've ever read. But it was entertaining, and some things really hit home for me. ...more
Lamar
Scott
Pamela Miller
Beth

• The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • The Binding
  • Fallen Academy: Year Three (Fallen Academy #3)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Four (Fallen Academy #4)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Two (Fallen Academy #2)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Three And A Half (Fallen Academy #3.5)
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? And other Questions about Dead Bodies
  • Uglies (Uglies, #1)
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • The Book Charmer (Dove Pond, #1)
  • Thirteen (Eddie Flynn, #4)
  • Logically Stupid, that's Love
  • Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Red Hail
  • Things in Jars
  • Madhuleena: a novel
Samson Tonauac is a failed physicist turned author; a hedo-consumerist who believes that the more an individual consumes, the happier he or she will be. He writes books that people will dislike.