Start by marking “Dead or Alive (Tom Lange #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead or Alive (Tom Lange #3)

Dead or Alive (Tom Lange #3)

A HEART-POUNDING CRIME THRILLER WITH A STUNNING TWIST

A HOME INVASION THAT TURNS INTO A DOUBLE MURDER AND KIDNAPPING

A hurricane is due to hit Florida hard. Two men take the opportunity to rob an expensive home. Surprised by neighbors, the burglars kill two people . . . and seven-year-old girl, Lemon Madras disappears.

IS THE LITTLE GIRL DEAD OR ALIVE?

Agent Tom Lange is taken
Published July 26th 2019 by Joffe Books

To ask other readers questions about Dead or Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead or Alive

Start your review of Dead or Alive (Tom Lange #3)
Linda Strong
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019

It's hurricane season and the danger is coming from much more than that. Two men are waiting out the storm. Their plan is a home invasion, to rob a very expensive home while the power has been disrupted.

The next day, two people are found dead .. neither of them residents of the robbed home. A 7-year-old girl, daughter of the housekeeper, is now missing. Is the child dead, swept up by the hurricane? Did the robbers take her for ransom.... or some other nefarious reason?

FBI Agent Tom Lange,
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Books n All Book Promotions and Joffe Books for an advance copy of Dead or Alive, the third thriller to feature Detective Tom Lange of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Two burglars take advantage of hurricane Hector to rob an upscale residence. Two days later when the cleanup starts a body is found. It would appear that the burglars are not leaving witnesses so two neighbours have been shot and their passenger, seven year old Lemon Madras is missing. Tom Lange is
Adrian Lawrence
Definitely the weakest book in the trilogy by far, despite the promising start. My expectations were high after the previous two books, especially after the captivating opening chapters. Unfortunately, it's all downhill from quite early on. The story itself was fine but the convoluted busyness of it all killed it for me. It's all over the place with way too many characters in what seems to be an effort to aggrandize the plot. You're bombarded with law enforcement characters to keep track of, ...more
Elsa Hoffmann
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I savoured this book. It was the first book by TJ Brearton I've ever read and it won't be the last. I'm going to look for his books now, he has a reader for life!

Tom Lange is not the usual cop hero type. He is an anti hero cop type who gets things done no matter what. No matter the pain he has to bear, physically and mentally, the job gets done.

He is very human. His relationships are in shambles, his bosses don't quite know what to do with him, and he attracts really weird people.

He is sure
Kristine Soly
Aug 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Another book where I finally gave up and deleted it from my reader. Too many characters, too convoluted...eventually I just didn't care what happened...I just wanted it to end. I'm a practicing physician, so I'm used to reading complex things and remembering them, but this book was beyond the pale. It was just too much work to get through it. Certainly not my idea of an enjoyable read!
Linda
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dead or Alive

Excellent read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your book. The plot was intense and the characters were very interesting. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
ocandy
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thriller

Definitely a page Turner, it kept me interested throughout the entire book. It makes me want to read more by this author.
Marilyn
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

This is one of those stories that are fication but have crimes that could have happened and it shows there are
patty durr
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good

I like the hero. He is flawed, but a good person and compassionate. I would recommend the series and the author
Diane Spurlin
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Book!

I love this writer. This book was so realistic. The plot was evenly flowing never dragging . I highly recommend reading this book and cannot wait for the next one.
Linda
Recommends it for: All fans of T.J. Brearton and the Tom Lange series
Having read and really enjoyed the previous book in this Tom Lange series, I was highly delighted when Joffe Books and Books n All Promotions sent me a copy to read and review. It certainly didn’t disappoint. The book opened with a huge bang – a raging hurricane, a burglary, a double murder and a missing girl all within the first 5 minutes. It completely dragged me from the very start and worked its magic, keeping me reading into the late hours not wanting to put it down. Tom Lange has a history ...more
Carol Butler
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tom Lange is an FDLE cop but on suspension, he's tough streetwise and able to communicate to the underachieved if you like, he's taken off of suspension as there is a robbery during a hurricane, and hurricanes are the thieves best friend. During the robbery, a little Mexican girl was taken, but no ransom, what was the motive wrong place wrong time.? Tom also has issues as well as all to do with his past and can't seem to let go. Tom has issues with the robbery itself as not much was taken when ...more
Bonnie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is so convoluted that I wanted to scream. I found no suspense, no surprises, no twists and turns. Nothing to hold my interest and I had to force myself to finish this book. I kept hoping something exciting would happen, but no such luck. So many inconsequential characters. Not worth the read.
Betty
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a complex story, with flawed characters. I really enjoyed the story - it was intense - the bad guys were numerous. The book starts out that this guys are going to burglarize a house during a hurricane - a neighbor stops to see what's going on and that decision is deadly. The neighbor may or may not have picked up a child - is the child dead or alive? There are many more characters in this thriller. I really enjoyed this book - it gave me goose bumps just reading it.
M D
Sep 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
The first chapter was awesome, and it immediately grabbed attention and I settled down, expecting an inspiring read. It wasn’t meant to be. I made it to 30%, but the constant cop dialog, street dialog, and just plain bad dialog, along with nothing significant happening in ages, well, I cried Uncle and moved onto a book that I could get into. Just not my thing.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With a hurricane approaching, many are leaving their homes. When a couple check on someone in front of their neighbor's house, one man approaches their car and shoots them dead. In the car is a young girl that the robbers take with them. This leads to a massive search to save the little girl. The author takes you on an exciting journey.
David Taylor
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tom Lange is one of those really flawed people who happens to be an excellent investigator/cop. Tis book is action packed and filled with as many twists and turns as a great roller coaster. I'm looking forward to reading more by T.J. Brearton. I received an Advance Reader Copy and chose to provide this review.
Sammye
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Tom Lange series. It kept me interested from the beginning. Full of twists and turns throughout. This is a very entertaining mystery/suspense thriller. Tom is a very interesting character. I received an advance copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving this review
brian belonga
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Awful

I only read 30 % of this book , jumped to the back read last chapter .. the end is what assumed! Way to many off the wall names and job titles to keep track of . DISAPPOINTED
Robert Romalia
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Not many moments to remember

My rating is mostly based on dislikes. I dislike Florida, drugs, drug stories, druggies, swamps, drug runners , and all things that surfaces around this genre. For my biased opinion, this makes for a boring and uninteresting story line.
Sandra Gonzales
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT

T.J. GREAT IN is one of my favorite authors. This book was extremely well written and thoroughly enjoyed. I truly could not put it down and was reading far into the night until I was finished.
EILEEN
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
DEAD OR ALIVE'S chilling suspense captures your attention from the start. A rollercoaster ride of mounting tension, riveting intrigue and emotional turmoil keeps you turning pages long into the night, until you've finished.

DEAD OR ALIVE IS A KEEPER!!
Wpayne
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead or Alive

Good read. Liked Tom and sure worried about whether he would survive some of the action. As usual the girlfriend was way to dramatic.
Mary Roskoski
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story

I like the Lange character but it's time for him to get past his personal problems. Three books in that part is getting old.
Ann
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good read. Lots of twists and turns, plenty to keep you rapidly turning pages.

Enjoyed this and will look for others in this series.
bonnie kirchner
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dead Or Alive

This is a very good thriller. Really enjoyed it. It keeps you in suspense until the very end. I recommend this book
Jackie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A definite suspense story. A double murder and a missing child. A story that has you gripped for sure.
Betty Walker
Oct 09, 2019
Barbara L Rogge
Nov 20, 2019
T.J. Brearton
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Woman Who Wore Roses (Joe Court Book 5)
  • THE RESORT MURDER an addictive crime mystery full of twists
  • Dead of Night
  • Even (Ham #2)
  • The Man in the Meth Lab (Joe Court Book 4)
  • Wild Fire: A Suspense Thriller (A Hawk Tate Novel Book 6)
  • The Girl in the Woods (Joe Court Book 2)
  • Deadly Game (Mike Anderson Book 5)
  • He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)
  • I WILL MAKE YOU PAY
  • The Boys in the Church (Joe Court Book 3)
  • Watch Her Die
  • The Girl in the Motel (Joe Court Book 1)
  • She Is Gone (Jack Anderson #3)
  • Murder at the Mall
  • The Wall (Alex Demarchelier #1)
  • Deadly Silence (Detective Jane Phillips, #1)
  • Lines of Duty: A Deputy Corus Mystery
I left home planning to not return. Now there’s no place I’d rather be than in these mountains. When I’m not writing, I’m gardening or woodworking; skiing or camping in season. Sometimes hunting, sometimes fishing, sometimes just standing outside, taking in the air.

Lucky.

I’m also lucky to have published my debut novel with the inimitable Joffe Books, and luckier still that my subsequent books have