Start by marking “How To Break Up With Fast Fashion” as Want to Read:
How To Break Up With Fast Fashion

How To Break Up With Fast Fashion

You probably know the statistics: global clothing production has roughly doubled in just 15 years, and every year an estimated 300,000 tonnes of used clothing ends up in UK landfill.

Fast fashion is the ultimate toxic relationship. It's bad news for the planet, our brains and our bank balances. We can't go on like this; our shopping habits need an overhaul.

Journalist Lauren
Published January 9th 2020 by Headline Home

To ask other readers questions about How To Break Up With Fast Fashion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Break Up With Fast Fashion

Start your review of How To Break Up With Fast Fashion
Annaliese
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Starting 2020 off a bit slow on the reads but this book was one that I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the release date.
Devoured within a few hours, this book covers the tips, tricks and consequences of fast fashion - in a consumer friendly and well written way.
This is a great way of dipping your toes in to 'breaking up with fast fashion' or a helpful read for reaffirming your values (in the non-preachy way).
Victoria
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sustainable fashion is something I’ve long been interested in and blogged about, so I was looking forward to reading this.

Lauren writes this in a really down to earth and relatable way which is something that can be lacking in the ethical space at times. She doesn’t preach, she doesn’t give unattainable tips and she acknowledges her own flaws which I found refreshing in this kind of book.

Also refreshing was the recognition that sustainable fashion itself is far from perfect; it is rarely
Ellen G
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fashion is one of the most polluting industries in the world, yet how many of us really think about the impact of what we're wearing?

Bravo's book is an excellent manual for those of us who want a more sustainable style, yet are confused about: what is the most ecofriendly option, where we should purchase from, and how big does a wardrobe have to be before it's too big?!?

The book sets out firstly WHY we should care about the impact of fast fashion and secondly WHAT we can do about it. I
Poppy Flaxman
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolute gem from Lauren Bravo. She writes in a way that is informative without being patronising and is funny throughout - there were several occassions when I had to pause my reading to quote a line to whoever was sat by me.

The book is well researched and calls upon several contributors from different backgrounds and with different bodies to comment on the fast fashion industry. I've been following Lauren's journey from the beginning so it was really interesting to see how
Christina Sweeney-Baird
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this - it’s informative without being dense, and encouraging without being irritating. Lauren’s year of not buying new clothes was threaded throughout and added helpful experience. Also the directory at the back looks great. Definitely recommend to anyone even vaguely interested in the environmental impact of their lifestyle and/or fashion.
Rebecka
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
As I read the first couple of chapters, I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of the book. However, it picked up and became a great reminder of why it's a good idea to move away from the H&M app (and what to replace it with). Funny and relatable, inspiring but realistic. "Imagine all the things we could accomplish if we weren't eternally shopping for weddings".
Daniella Graham
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Informative without being preachy, light-hearted without being flippant, Lauren has managed the delicate balance of offering practical tips on how to ditch fast fashion while still writing an entertaining book.
How to Break Up with Fast Fashion has given me plenty of food for thought and would recommend to anyone looking to improve their clothes shopping habits.
Lori Smith
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring and accessible read. The perfect guide for any shopping addict looking to quit the habit.
Manda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. Funny, approachable, informative and practical. A great read for anyone interested in fashion, sustainability and shopping.
Amy Coles
Rosie Wilson
Nisa
Harriet Mumford
Jan 14, 2020

• Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Harold Fry, #1)
  • The Prison Doctor
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin #1)
  • Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion
  • Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
  • If I Never Met You
  • The Course of Love
  • The Tiger's Wife
  • Such a Fun Age
  • Expectation
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • Do We Need Economic Inequality?
  • Just Law: The Changing Face of Justice - and Why It Matters to Us All
  • Billion Dollar Whale: The Man Who Fooled Wall Street, Hollywood, and the World
  • Brave New World / Brave New World Revisited