Start by marking “How to Kiss a Bad Boy” as Want to Read:
How to Kiss a Bad Boy

How to Kiss a Bad Boy

A girl with a plan. A guy with a past. And a summer that could change everything.

Sixteen-year-old Frankie Hargreaves has her summer all figured out. Work at her aunt’s retro food truck, and have her first kiss with the cute guy from the surf shop. It’s foolproof. Until her aunt hires local bad boy, Jackson Lang to help out. Sure he’s cute. Okay, really cute. But Fr

Published August 31st 2019 by 51 Square Press

To ask other readers questions about How to Kiss a Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Kiss a Bad Boy

Start your review of How to Kiss a Bad Boy
Kate McMurry
Enjoyable, G-rated, YA, romantic dramedy

Frankie Hargreaves is a 16-year-old orphan who has been living with her Aunt Lo in Cricket Bay, a fictional, small, Southern California beach town, for the past eight years since her mother died. Frankie has never been kissed, but she has carefully selected the perfect guy for this crucial rite of passage: a clean-cut, attractive boy named Aaron Tremain who works at a surf shop very near Frankie’s summer job, down by the beach.

For the past few summers, Au
Emma Katherine
Read my full review here: https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: All in all, How to Kiss a Bad Boy wasn't terrible, but I wasn't terribly impressed with it either. Everything was very cliche and stereotypical: high school parties, bad boys working in bakeries, and multiple love interests. I had difficulty taking the protagonist's problems seriously because of how simplistic and meaningless the conflict was. While I found most of How to Kiss a Bad Boy's elements banal, I must admit tha
Jessica
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
“I figured misery loves cupcakes.”

“There goes the no kissing rule,” she whispered as his arms snaked around her waist, her mouth hot on his. He couldn’t even remember why they’d had the rule in the first place.

Kissing a bad boy was better than she ever could have dreamed.

This was a G-rated, young adult romance. It was cute and an enjoyable book to read. I love the banter between Jackson and Frankie. The message behind this book is that people aren’t always what they appear to be, don’t judge a b
Tandy Oschadleus
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frankie and Jackson's story is a sweet tale of discovering that people aren't always what they appear to be at face value and that young love sometimes takes risks! I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet romance with Amanda's humour in writing and the amusing characters. I highly recommend reading their story.
Ira
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~4.5 stars~

Oh my goodness! I really loved this sweet and captivating book with its cute, quirky and absolutely lovable characters! Okay, Jackson is not really the epitome of cute and quirky but his loyalty and helpfulness as well as his steady and caring personality that totally contradicts his bad boy image and all the prejudices against him, make him very lovable.

When Frankie sets out one fine summer to kiss a boy, it definitely wasn't Jackson Lang, son of the infamous Marty Lang and bad boy p
Lindsy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a clean, quick YA. Honestly I wish this story was a bit longer. I really liked these characters and I want more from them! It was also cool to see how this was written around the same time Via was struggling with being around Hudson so you got to see that in different perspectives.
Frankie reminded me of a sweet girl next door type and Jackson is the typical bad boy. Frankie has had some rough patches in her life but things seem to be looking up for her. I love the thought of Rosie and h
Kate
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the “How to Kiss…”. The first book was “How to Kiss Your Enemy”. I enjoyed the first book, but I enjoyed this book so much more. It was sweet and endearing. Frankie is working for her aunt running a food truck. I loved how strong-willed, independent, and forever optimistic Frankie was. She is a hard worker and fiercely loyal. She lets insults roll off her back. Jackson is also helping with the food truck for the summer. When you look at him, he screams bad boy. Jackson ...more
Aminata Coote
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of Frankie and Jackson was a fun, quick read. Both of them had to learn the lesson not to judge people based on how they look. I found the main characters to be well developed with many layers to their personality.

Even though it was a summer romance, the author took the time to show the characters getting to know each other and also how each one changed the other in little ways.

Definitely worth a read. I received a copy of the book from the author; a positive review was not required.
Marie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, clean teen romance

3.5 rounded up.
I enjoyed it. Sweet and clean teen romance.... AKA escapism and brain candy. Believable plot and sympathetic characters. Some of the best in this genre I've read on kindle unlimited (which shouldn't be hard considering most have terrible editing, typos, and outrage elements...) all that considered, it was quite well done. It's probably not ever going to be reread, but i did have a few good hours of eacapism reading.
Amy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute YA romance story about how not to go about planning your first kiss. It never works. You can't plan romance. But Frankie doesn't get that. And being stuck working with Jackson over the summer won't help her plans for that first kiss.

How you react to life's ups and downs impacts everything around you.

Tie-ins with How to Kiss Your Enemy. Can be read in any order.

I'd like to thank the author for an eARC copy to read and review with my honest opinion.
Nati
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frankie has a goal for this summer. Help her aunt working in her truck food and getting her first kiss from the quarterback of her high school. But when Jackson, bad boy with his father in prison, start working with her in the food truck Frankie start to realise that there isn’t more to Jackson that everyone thinks. Can bad boy turn out her first and perfect kiss?
Tammi Kendall
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for a fair review! This was the first off many books that I hope to read from this author. This story caught me from the very beginning. I finished it in one day because I couldn’t put it down. I highly recommend this book!
Heidi
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. I am not a huge YA fan but I could see many teens relating to both of the main characters. Very well written and I hope to read more by this author. Received this book as an ARC and I am giving my honest review.
Mari
Mary
Sep 27, 2019
Destiny Christopher
Jan 11, 2020

• Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • Something New
  • The Square Root of Falling (Brazos High Romance #1)
  • My Know-It-All Nemesis (Sweet Mountain High, #2)
  • I Hate You More
  • Beneath a Summer Sky
  • The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • The Perks of Waiting for You: Perks Book 4
  • The Good Girl & the Bad Boy (Jackson High, #2)
  • City Girl vs Country Boy (Forever Love #1)
  • The Perks of Dating You (Perks Book 1)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • When We Began (Ridgewater High, #0.5)
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys #3)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High #1)
  • Girl at Heart
  • The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High #1)
  • Keeping Up Appearances
Amanda Ashby was born in Australia but now lives in New Zealand where she writes romance, young adult and middle grade books. She also works in a library, owns far too many vintage tablecloths and likes to delight her family by constantly rearranging the furniture.

She has a degree in English and Journalism from the University of Queensland and is married with two children. Her debut book was nomin