Start by marking “Aix Marks the Spot” as Want to Read:

Aix Marks the Spot

Jamie has been dreaming of this summer forever: of road trips and intensive art camps, of meeting cute boys with her best friend Jazz. What she didnt count on was the car accident.

Exiled away from her family as her mother slowly learns to walk again, Jamie is sent to Provence and trapped in an isolated home with the French grandmother she has never met, the guilt of having
Expected publication: June 16th 2020 by Seabreeze Books

To ask other readers questions about Aix Marks the Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aix Marks the Spot

Start your review of Aix Marks the Spot
Danielle Hammelef
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a digital copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. First of all, the setting is amazing and I really felt as if I was there--the author, who grew up in the setting of this book, has expertly used all senses, especially smell and taste, to bring this region of France to life in my imagination. Although I have never visited France, I feel now as if I had.

Jamie and Valentin are so well done. In fact, all the characters popped off the pages. All had their faults
MadOnReading
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so quite simply I couldnt read this book fast enough! It was just so good. You know those books that keep you up until the early hours because you just have to know what happens? Well, AIX MARKS THE SPOT is definitely one of them.

It is a YA contemporary that tells the story of Jamie as shes exiled away to France to live with the grandmother shes never met. Oh and she doesnt speak French, and the grandmother doesnt speak English. Immediate conflictplus the lingering question over why Jamie
Kristina Hart
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aix Marks the Spot

I need to get it out there... I LOVED this book. Honestly, its such a wonderfully written YA contemporary, set in Provence, the South of France. It reminded me of my own childhood/teenage years of exploring, going on adventures and It has made me want to go explore again.

I loved the treasure hunt aspect of this book, it was such a romantic gesture from one parent to the other. It was so beautiful. I found myself drawn to this book in ways I wasnt expecting. It touches on
Chelsea Girard
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An adventure that will make you reminisce on your childhood memories and give you the YA Comtemporary you've been longing for.
S.E.Anderson keeps you on your toes and takes you on the vacation you didn't know you needed! I fell in love with Jamie as she fights her mind to stop blaming herself for almost killing her parents after getting in a car accident.
Anderson's love for France is evident as you read through the passion and prolific story. I was taken on an adventure that I didn't know that I
Maeva Lopez
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a good novel? A YA book that keeps you hooked with endearing characters and a great love story? If so, then I can only recommend Aix Marks the Spot.
Meet Jamie, a young american that has to go to the South of France for the summer, at her grandmother's place. But she doesn't know her grandmother. She didn't want to go there. And she is about to discover the beautiful region of Provence. Also, did I mention she doesn't speak French?

Aix Marks the Spot is a well-written story,
Mollie Murbach
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost I loved this book. The author created an enchanting world for readers to inhabit. I found myself feeling like I was traveling the French countryside because Anderson is just that good at creating an immersive world. (It was the perfect escapism for my quarantine not gonna lie) it felt like I was on this adventure alongside Jamie.

Cannot recommend this enough. Its a sweet enchanting read, perfect for these stressful times. Cant wait to get a physical copy!

Evelyn Lukey
Enjoyed reading this; makes you feel like you are there in Provence yourself
Denise Kawaii
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet adventure! I've never been to France, but I could picture the landscape beautifully with the descriptions. The characters are complex, flawed, and lovable. Even Mamie locked up in her tower with her typewriter.

This is a clean love story that is perfect for teens and fans of sweet romance.
Cora
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ladies and gentlemen, it has finally happened! There is finally a book that exists where each read through feels new and exciting like that first read. Anderson's writing is skilled and witty in this clear love letter to Provence. I'm certain even those with absolutely no desire to travel will want to do this tour with Jamie Martin, and I can assure you that it will be on my schedule my first time visiting Provence. This writing brings the southern French countryside to life through love and ...more
Madeline Dyer
Mar 02, 2020
S.E. Anderson
Dec 22, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nina Rochat
stephanie 🦋
Mar 30, 2020
Julie Eshbaugh
Mar 31, 2020

• A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • The Authenticity Project
  • We Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire, #1)
  • We Unleash the Merciless Storm (We Set the Dark on Fire, #2)
  • The Furies
  • Thorn
  • Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
  • Safe House
  • Wakenhyrst
  • Cracked Up to Be
  • Meat Market
  • Trial of Thorns
  • Red Rising (Red Rising Saga, #1)
  • Every Wrong Right (Outlaws Book 2)
  • Queen of Coin and Whispers
  • By Force Alone
  • The Darkest Corners

S.E. Anderson cant ever tell you where shes from. Not because she doesnt want to, but because it inevitably leads to a confusing conversation where she goes over where she was born (England) where she grew up (France) and where her family is from (USA) and it tends to make things very complicated.

Shes lived