Start by marking “Fed Up (Well-Seasoned Love Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Fed Up (Well-Seasoned Love Book 1)

Fed Up (Well-Seasoned Love Book 1)

Death breaks you in ways you never thought possible while grief swallows you whole. After losing my husband I’ve been trapped in emotional limbo, a place I don’t think I’ll ever be able to escape.

Not even the British actor and heartthrob, Ian James, will be able to thaw my frozen heart…at least that’s what I thought.

Being his personal chef is merely a short-term job wh
Published August 13th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fed Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fed Up

Start your review of Fed Up (Well-Seasoned Love Book 1)
Literary Soirée
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, romance
FED UP by Kathleen Duhamel

Loved this sexy tale of personal chef Shelby Durand, une femme d'un certain âge, who digs jazz and works hard to heal after tragic loss.

DELICIOUS
I drooled over every meal she fixes for handsome actor Ian James, including their first of pan-seared scallops with lemon buerre blanc, served with orzo and roasted asparagus. Their ensuing dialogue is equally delicious:

He bit into a scallop, closed his eyes and sighed, before taking a sip of wine. “These are perfection.” He s
Amelia Foster
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance is often focused on the gorgeous twenty-somethings with perfect hair, skin, and curves. But that isn't real life. Sometimes real life is a more experienced heroine with silver in her hair and smile lines on her face. And I love seeing reality played out in my romances.

Which is exactly what you get with Shelby Durand. She is a chef trained at one of the best culinary schools in the world. And also a woman grieving the loss of her husband and trying to carve a new place for herself, rewri
Wendy Livingstone
This is a new author to me, but I will certainly be looking out for her work in the future. This is a well written plot with great depth to these unique characters. Shelby is a grieving widow, who temporarily works for actor and womanizer Ian. The chemistry between these two is relatable and undeniable, but will these broken souls take a chance on each other? No spoilers; this is one of those stories which just needs to be read, as you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend this for all.
Lisa Mills
Jan 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Very good story

I got this book because of the ages described for the main characters-early to mid 50s, which is my age group. It was quite nice to have an author focus on older characters meeting, starting a relationship and enjoying sex! This is my first by this author and I would read more. Shelby was a great character - I would love to have a quarter of her cooking talent. And Ian was refreshing - A man who admits to making really bad choices but trying to be better.
Sheila Schwartz
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heart stirring and heart warming

Prepare yourself for all the "feels" as this wonderful story gives them to you page after page. Smile, laugh, gasp and groan as these characters lose and learn to love again! Loved it!
Coco.V
Feb 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/14/2020)! 🎁
Laura Baird
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this seasoned romance with mature characters! Witty, funny, sweet, emotional, sexy.
George
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great seasoned romance

I loved this story of Shelby and Ian, both in their 50's. Shelby, a chef recently widowed, and Ian, an actor with two failed marriages, stumble towards each other over the course of the novel. I can't wait to read more books in this series!
Cate M. Turner
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, the food descriptions in this book are amazing! As someone who enjoys cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, I loved the meal prep scenes. In some books they come across mundane, but in Fed Up you can tell a lot of consideration and love went into describing the ingredients and aromas. Those paragraphs really came to life.

The characters were believable and well developed. They are in their 50's, a demographic that I feel is underrepresented in fiction (especially romance). Both
Bonnie McCune
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WELL FED BY FOOD AND LOVE: Nothing is so heart-wrenching as trying to struggle on after the death of a loved one, particular a partner, a spouse. That’s what faces Shelby Durand as she tries to pass from half of a successful culinary duo to solitaire, find purpose once her beloved business partner Jean Louise dies suddenly. Far beyond her sweet-young-thing stage, Shelby’s life had been creative and fulfilling. Now faced with a bleak emotional landscape, she’s determined to do more than simply ge ...more
Lisa
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read - my first by this author and it won't be the last. What I really enjoyed about this book was the maturity of the characters with both being in their prime. The fact that they were older brought with it life experience and the heartache that can come from it.

Personal chef Shelby takes on her first job since the death of her husband. Her client is actor Ian, who is currently staring in a second rate TV show. Right from the get go the air sizzles between them but neither want
Sunny Shelly Reads
Fed Up was absolutely delightful! I love that these characters are over 40! The fact that Shelby and Ian are in their 50s was incredibly refreshing, as there are so few romances out there that feature more mature characters. I have not read anything by Kathleen Duhamel before, and I was pleasantly surprised!

Not only are these characters robust and rich, but the attention the author gives to all of the recipes was quite impressive! The food becomes another character in this tale, and I have no do
Suzi Beer
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From a painful past to happiness.

I absolutely loved reading Fed Up. It's not only different from the usually predictable romance novels, the characters actually felt real!

It wasn't hard to feel what Shelby and Ian were feeling. Their journey are truly inspiring. You can fall in love no matter what your age or your profession.

Don't get me started on the music and the delicious food Chef Shelby cooked. I actually found myself drooling whenever she cooked a meal.

I'll definitely recommend this b
Brandy Roberts
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Fed Up was a good read it would be the first book that I've read by the author and I'm excited to read what's to come in the Well - Seasoned love series . Shelby was such a good character my heart hurt really hurt for that woman she went through so much was so happy she found her happy . Ian uh drool much this man is just WOW he needed a lucky lady by the name of Shelby . The chemistry between the two was off the charts HOT so loved the banter they had going on . I can't wait to read mor ...more
Charliegirl1
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

This is the first book I've read by this author. I really liked that the main characters are older than the norm for romance books. I liked that everything wasn't easy and fairytale-like, but it also wasn't overly agnsty. Although the story arc only takes a couple of montgs, I thought it slow moving at times, but I wish the storyline had continued a little longer, maybe in an epilogue, so that we could see how the main characters handled some of the issues that they were anticipating.
Christine Woinich
Two lost souls find each other through food. Shelby's pain and fear of moving on touched me deep. Ian was a bit selfish but as I read, his reasons came out. These two were good for each other. I recommend this story and I look forward to the next in the series.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Bonnie Rose
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story follows Shelby and Ian as they find themselves falling for eachother at the wrong time. Both are healing emotional scars, and both scared of being hurt again.

I liked reading the mature characters point of views, the story has a good steady pace with well developed characters, and the most amazing descriptions of food!

I really enjoyed the story.
Jennifer Alexander
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

First time I’ve read this author and I’m glad I took the chance. It was a little more slower paced than I prefer but it was well written and the storyline held my attention
Sonsta
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Great food and recipe content. Nice to have an older main character. But I wasn’t grabbed by the character development. I bit dragging.
Heather
Jun 17, 2020
Sigal Alboher
Aug 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Holiday Terminal (Warren Family Holidays #1)
  • Silver Brewer (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • A Killer's Wife (Desert Plains, #1)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • Half Moon Holler (Half Moon, #1)
  • Play by Play (Riggings Brothers, #0)
  • What Comes After (Ten Hours, #2)
  • Just My Type (Hometown Love #2)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Christmas of Love: A Holiday Western Romance Novel (Long Valley Romance Book 5)
  • Five Alarm Christmas
  • Tuesday's Child (Psychic Visions, #1)
  • To Love a Wolf (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, #4)
  • Rare Find (Psychic Visions, #6)
  • Maid For An Alien Prince (Intergalactic Exchange Program, #1)
Kathleen Duhamel wrote and illustrated her first short story at the age of eight, and has never stopped writing. Her love of the written word continued throughout her varied career as a newspaper journalist and editor, public relations executive, freelance travel writer and owner/operator of two small businesses. A native of Texas, she spent most of her adult life in Colorado before relocating to ...more