Start by marking “Shutout (Scoring #1)” as Want to Read:
Shutout (Scoring #1)

Shutout

(Scoring #1)

Easton:

The money, excitement, and glory of being a professional hockey player meant more to me than a family, a home, and a forever. Another man has my forever, and I have hockey. I thought making the big bucks and playing against the best in the world would feel better than this. Instead I’m empty and hollow, like a big piece of my heart was hacked off. There's
Published January 30th 2020 by Cedrona Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Shutout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shutout

Start your review of Shutout (Scoring #1)
Tpagirl
Shutout by Jami Davenport was the first book in the Scoring series, a spinoff and continuation of the Seattle Sockeyes series.

We met Easton Black while he was in college in Tackled in Seattle (book two, Men of Tyee series). He was likable and I was looking forward to his back story.

I love hockey (#gobolts). Did I say I love hockey? Yup! So, I loved the opening with training camp and determining who made the NHL team and who stayed in the AHL. It was a great way to start the book. I do;
Jessica Alcazar
Sooooooooo, truth be told, this story started out rough. And by rough, I mean I put my kindle down and flipped to another book like 5 times before I finished. *sigh* I can’t understand why write characters that are at constant odds with each other. There was entirely too much hot/cold or push/pull going on for my taste. Half the time I wasn’t even sure they liked each other LOL And this isn’t just at the beginning of the story … it was everywhere.

What’s funny is that it’s a good story, but for
Jami
Nov 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Meet the Puck Brothers, six guys hell bent on staying bachelors. Follow their escapades in "The Scoring Series."

description
2kasmom
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Easton knows he is missing something. He can feel his life is off. He should be elated to be part of a great NHL team, and instead he is wondering what if. Then he gets the bombshell of his life.

Caroline is scared out of her mind to see Easton again. She has to give up a part of herself and it already hurts. The memories still haunt her when she thinks of them. Can they learn to put the past behind them for the greater good?

This book is one of the reasons why I keep reading all that this author
ItaPixie
Shelves: 4-stars

Shutout is the first book in the new exciting spin off series of the Seattle Sockeyes hockey team.
The story is really good and the second chance at love is one of my favourite troupe, with the single parent,surprising paternity and hockey there is nothing I can't like and enjoy about it.

Caroline and Easton relationship is complicated. They met a few years earlier, there was a lot of passion and chemistry between them but they were too young for commitment and Easton has already the big dream to

Erin Lewis
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Shutout: A Seattle Sockeyes Novel (The Scoring Series Book 1) by Jami Davenport

Jami Davenport is off to a flying start with the first book in her latest series. This is a second chance at love story that ticked all the boxes for me.

Every time I read a book I by this author, I think “oh this is my favourite” and then along comes another book to prove me wrong.

Caro had a hard life as a teenager and one of the brightest moments in her life was the relationship she had with Easton.
Heather
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

I'm a sucker for a good sports romance and Shutout was a very good one. As the first book in the Scoring Series, we meet up with some familiar names if you've read Davenport's Seattle Sockeyes series, but we also meet a new crop of rookies.

Easton Black is concentrating on making the Seattle Sockeyes team as a rookie. He knows there is something missing in his life, but he's not quite sure what it is. A couple of
Marea
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Caroline and Easton, Easton and Caroline

Little did they realize that the summer they met as teenagers and had a romance that would change their lives forever.

Caroline had a hard teenage life and thought she had finally conquered it all with love, marriage and twins. Sadly it would all come to a startling end when her husband was killed in a car accident, then his parents revealed he had been adopted and when she did the DNA test to get a link to their other family’s wasn’t what she
Sheila Schoenauer
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you discover your children don't share DNA with your late husband? Anger, freakouts, and a whole plethora of emotions are what happens. Caroline has to confront the "boy" who broke her heart years ago and tell him that he is a father. Easton's whole world gets turned upside down by that revelation. These two drove me crazy. I liked them and I disliked them. I just wanted to shake them and tell them to work it out. I got that Caro had trust and control issues, but she was also ...more
Kelly Graham
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Easton and Caroline met as teenagers but Easton was sure happiness lead down the path towards hockey and left Caroline, breaking her young heart.
Fast forward and now that Easton has it all he still feels something is missing in his life, he may have the career he's always wanted but that's not filling his heart completely.
Fate, though tragic intervenes and gives this couple a second chance.
The chemistry between Easton and Caroline is still there years later but with 2 young children to think of,
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Shutout” is a sports romance book with a helping of second chance romance and a side of secret baby(s) goodness. Having never read anything by this author, I jumped at the chance to read an ARC of this book. Easton is an up and coming professional hockey player. He’s young, sexy, single and living the life. Caroline is a mother of twins and a widower, she is beautifully broken and trying desperately to keep it together. Discovering her deceased husband was adopted; she has DNA tests run on her ...more
Stacey
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some people are lucky enough to meet their One Person at a young age, but sometimes it takes a little more time to get the HEA.. This is the story of Easton and Caroline. Jami Davenport extends her Sockeye’s Family to include new Teammates, The Puck Brothers. Shutout is the story of the first of these new guys, Easton. Easton made what he felt was the right decision for his future at a very young age when he first met Caroline. A decision he questioned over the next 7 years. Caroline lived with ...more
Jill Kerich
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
After reading most of the earlier Seattle Sockeye books, I was looking forward to this new generation!
Easton (I can’t think of a better name for a hockey player) has finally made it into the NHL when he hears from his summer love of seven years ago.
Easton and Caroline shared a steamy summer of teen love and after the breakup at the end of summer, Caro was pregnant. She went on to marry her on again/off again boyfriend Mark and assumed the twins were his.
After Carol loses her husband, she
Sharon
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story, it pulled me in right from the first page and I love it! 5 hockey pucks for this one!
Meet Easton, rookie for the Sockeyes, he did it, with hard work and dedication he made the team and he couldn't be happier, or could he. He dreams of the one that he felt got away, they shared two months together, what he know realizes were the best of his life. If only she hadn't moved on.
Caroline, the one that moved on after Easton, or at least she thought she did. After suffering a terrible loss,
Diane McConnell
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
DNA and fatherhood!

Easton Black had finally made the Seattle Sockeyes after all of his hard work and giving up the girl of his dreams but he knew they were both young and they had a lot of growing up to do.

Caroline Mills was a young widow when she found out her husband wasn’t the father of the twins but she knew she needed to tell Easton that he was a dad six years after the twins were born.

Jami Davenport has brought us back to the Seattle Sockeyes hockey team with a story that is very much real
Jackie Ziegler
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easton and Caroline knew each other when they were teenagers. At 16 Easton had the girl and the hockey dream but he knew they were too young and she had her whole future ahead of her . They parted ways and even though he loved her he also knew she had a life and a family and he wasn't going to interfere with that.

Caroline had the house, white picket fence, loving husband and the cutest twins.. When her husband unexpectedly dies she finds out he was adopted and his parents want her to do a DNA
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great start for a new series by Jami Davenport. As a rookie player for The Seattle Sockeyes Easton Black is living his dream, but why doesn’t it feel as good as he thought it would, something is missing and he knows that Caro Jones is that reason.
Caro Jones Mills is a Mom to twins Heath & Hailey but when an unexpected life turn changes the course of her life she never thought the one person who broke her heart would be back in it again.
Caro & Easton will have to navigate through
Gladys
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought that this book had an interesting story to tell. Easton and Caroline had a relationship that was complicated to say the very least. While overall I enjoyed the book, I was not a fan of either of these characters. I wanted to like them but in the end it just never happened. I tried to make excuses for them but I could never get past how annoying and frustrating they were. If there had been no children involved maybe I could have been more forgiving in my assessment but alas, that would ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Life never makes love easy. Caroline and Easton are sitting on a powder keg of secrets that could either mend two broken hearts or destroy the fabric of four lives. Shutout is what happens when hearts break. Battered hearts, bruised egos and reveals that are long overdue tug readers heart first into a boatload of drama. Complicated, captivating and heartbreaking turn into a powerful second chance story.

Jaime Reynolds
Shelves: sports-romance
I love a good sports romance and this story did not disappoint. Easton and Caroline have an instant chemistry that they never lost for one another. But unintentional secrets can certainly harm their future. The characters are terrific and I cannot wait for more stories in what is going to hopefully be a great series.
Rochelle
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Second chance romance with a mix of secret baby mixed in. This is the first book in the Scoring Series and good start to it. Easton and Caroline had a great chemistry and attraction that stood the test of time. Can’t wait to read more of this series.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)

This is one of my favorite kinds of love stories, second chance at love. This was a very good book and I loved reading it from beginning to end. I loved the characters, they well developed and the story is very well written. I ca't wait for more stories.
Karen
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Story was well thought out and very modern with an "ancestry" program that told a different story.

I loved the characters.
Megan
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I love a good hockey romance! This book had my favorite things a book can have....single mom, adorable kids and a hunky hockey player. I liked this book don’t get me wrong, I felt myself getting a little bored and frustrated with Caroline. It was one step forward and then backwards for most of the book. Overall I would still give it three stars. I did pretty much read it all in one sitting so it did hold my attention.

Was given an arc for an honest review
Sassy Southern
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Caroline Jones Mills is a recent single mom after the death of her husband, Mark. Her six year old twins Heath and Hailey are struggling with the loss and Caroline is doing what she can to keep it together. When Mark’s mom reveals that Mark was adopted they do a DNA test to only reveal a shocking discovery about the twins.
Easton Black is a rookie hockey player for the Seattle Sockeye’s and has finally made it to the big leagues. He is focused on hockey after letting the girl of his dreams go
Rebecca Austin
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was such a great book with some wonderful twists that left me heartbroken at times and happy at other times. Then to be honest I was swearing quite a bit at the main character Caroline as she was frustrating me so much!

Caroline’s life flipped upside down with the death of Mark and she did the right thing by contacting Easton but she really wanted to be in control of everything that happened. As a mom I could understand that but at the same time she invited Easton into their lives but really
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Shutout by Jami Davenport was a fabulous second chance romance.

Teenage lovers, Caroline and Easton have one magic summer together. But Caro is left broken hearted when Easton unexpectedly ends their relationship to focus on school and hockey. Left floundering, Caro goes back to her old boyfriend, discovers she is pregnant and marries. In what seems like the end of their tale, two years later, realizing his life feels empty, Easton tries to find Caroline only to see her happily married with two
Marnie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Repeat after me: I am a father!

I enjoyed meeting these boys of Seattle Hockey again, and the way that Jami Davenport pulls all of her past and present characters together is one that guarantees I’ll always be reading her books.

As much as I love, and I mean really love Ms Davenport’s books and characters, I have to admit that this one missed it’s mark for me on so many levels. Easton’s name has been bandied around before, and I wanted to read his story. The premise is perfect, but there are
Tara Peters
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked the premise of this book and fell in love with Easton, but Caro was too stubborn and downright mean at times. I understand that she was going through a lot, but I am not sure how she didn’t even suspect that her husband wasn’t the father of her kids. I also would have liked a little more explanation about their marriage, there were times when it felt like Caro was trying to rationalize being with Easton, or just moving on with her life, by downplaying her marriage. Some examples ...more
Amy
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite troupes. Guy does not know he has kids and then finds out and wants to be a part of their lives. Shutout is the newest installment in the Seattle Sockeyes series. If you have read previous books in the series you will love is as we get to peak in on some of our favorite characters. There are some new characters that I am really intrigued by and hope they get their own book and HEA.

Easton and Caroline have know each other since they were teenagers. They dated one summer
« previous 1 3 next »

• Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Firecracker: A contemporary romance
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • Scoring Chance (Utah Fury Hockey Book 9)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers #5)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Prince Pucking Charming
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Dmitri's Christmas Angel
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a free novel and be notified of new releases, special sales, and contests: http://eepurl.com/LpfaL

USA Today Bestselling Author Jami Davenport writes sexy contemporary and sports romances, including her Game On in Seattle Series, Men of Tyee Series, and coming soon will be a romantic suspense series, Gone Missing.

Jami lives on a small farm near Puget Sound with