Start by marking “The Ladder Man” as Want to Read:
The Ladder Man

The Ladder Man

A rhyme and a game will summon him by name…

Buried in the walls of the Phoenix Hotel lies a dark and deadly past. After a hotel worker is brutally murdered, Detectives Golding and Turnbull arrive to head up the investigation.

Meanwhile, rumours of the legendary Ladderman spread. Rik Slater and his friends don’t take it too seriously…until his friends start dying.

Rik reali

Published May 30th 2019 by TYG Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ladder Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ladder Man

Start your review of The Ladder Man
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
You remember Bloody Mary? Candyman? Here's Ladderman, an implacable and irresistible force of Nature--and he hears you whenever you recite his rhyme.

Ghastly implacable horror delivered at a furious pace! I loved it!
Sci-Fi & Scary
There were many elements I liked about Curse of the Ladderman. It has all the feel of one of those ridiculous horror movies that you hate to love and love to hate. It reminded me in some ways of The Bye-Bye Man. The author does a great job of throwing you in the deep end with everything that's happening and she packs a lot of action into about seventy pages. It kept me engaged the entire read.

However, the writing is choppy. The author mixes British and American terms, sometimes on the same page
Alex | | findingmontauk1
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, lohf, kindle-books
Fans of horror with a touch of urban legend will enjoy this novella. I do not know if The Ladderman is a real tale or not, but I would place him up there with Candyman and Bloody Mary in terms of being able to scare, threaten, and cause harm!

The opening chapter pulls us right in on a stormy night and a frantic woman. And nothing will slow down from that moment until the final pages of the story. There are some really cool and unique death scenes in this one - some that I would not even wish on m
Rizki Utami
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aku baru tahu urban legend The Ladderman ini, kakyaknya sih fiksi bikinan si penulis karena aku searching sana sini nggak ada. Ceritanya mengingatkan aku sama cerita waktu aku SD, Mister Gepeng. Karena sama2 nyeremin dan urban legend. Banyak lagi sih.. kayak Bloody Mary, Freddy Krueger, Boogey Man sama Slander Man.

Pas awal baca aku nggak berharap banyak sih sama cerpen ini, karena penulis yang baru aku kenal juga karena ini adalah novella pertama genre horror yang dia tulis. Tapi ternyata suasan
Edward Z
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Renovations at a hotel bring forth a supernatural force that hates cheaters...

After hearing of a murder that just happened that some people believed a local legend named "The Ladderman" was involved in, a group of friends out drinking jokingly say the rhyme that brings him forth. When his friends start dying afterward, Rik realizes its all real.

He's already suffering from having been stabbed before the events of the story and his fear and insecurities are a constant in the book. With a pregnant
KWinks
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm reading all of the noms for the Ladies of Horror Fiction 2020 awards. So far I'm loving reading these short, horrific novellas in July. Who knew?
The Ladderman is a deadly thing that comes to take lives when a chant is sung. This had some super spooky moments. I can't remember the last time I read something that didn't really have a main character, but it really works here (otherwise how could we be with certain characters when the Ladderman comes for them?) It reads like a horror movie.
It's
Brian Mcclain
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Creepy as Hell

Urban legends have been done a lot. But coming up with an unusual one with s different set up gave this novella enough uniqueness. And, the fact that the whole thing was creepy as hell.
GracieKat
I really liked Curse of the Ladderman. For such a short story it had great description, likeable characters and a decently laid out curse. Curse of the Ladderman starts out with an action packed and intriguing first mini chapter. Even though it's bent toward a supernatural cause it's still not really clear until the third or fourth chapter on whether or not it's human or not. I like that.

The author does a very good job with the characters. With the brief time we have getting to know them,they a
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ladderman by Angela Archer is such a wonderful story that I have read. This wonderful story is writen by a brand new author for me so I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this story but I fell in love with it. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about suspense, thrillers and horror.

Pat Eroh
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really frightening, horrifying but compelling story that absolutely had me shaking in my boots! I could not put this book down until the end and then, I had trouble sleeping. It was very good! I am hoping for more by this author.

Sharon
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading this author and I really enjoyed this book. I love a good mystery, and this lives up to the blurb that grabbed my interest in the first place. Love the plot and the characters, it’s all very well written.

Rachel Benham
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was on the edge of your seat, checking hallways and closets good!!! The story line was spot on and the chills you get from reading this will have you looking over your shoulder!!! I loved this book.

Kalila

• Mexican Gothic
  • Storm Watch
  • The Pull of the Stars
  • Ride the Lightning
  • Year One (Shifter Falls Academy, #1)
  • The Polar Bear's Baby (Honeypot Babies, #1)
  • Last Breath
  • Eternity
  • A Dangerous Curiosity (Holbrook Brother Shifters #3)
  • The Haunting of The Briar Rose (A Riveting Haunted House Mystery, #16)
  • A Sloth's Guide to Taking It Easy: Be more sloth with these fail-safe tips for serious chilling
  • Bad Hair Day
  • Horrorscope: Stories
  • You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P!
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 2: Night of Knives
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince
  • The Bear's Virgin Bride (Honeypot Darlings, #3)
Angela Archer is a horror and sci-fi author. 'The Ladderman' is her debut novella, and 'Cyber Cell' is her debut sci-fi novel. She is a former mental health nurse and has acquired a terrible habit of drinking too much tea. ...more