Start by marking “Home Sweet Home” as Want to Read:
Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

What makes a place feel like home? A mother's embrace, the warmth of new friendship, a sweet reunion--all can be found in these unforgettable stories . . .

THREE'S A CROWD * Fern Michaels
This Mother's Day will be the first in three years that Samantha Stewart has spent with her parents. And she's bringing a very special gift--the baby granddaughter they've never met.
Published February 25th 2020 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Home Sweet Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Sweet Home

Start your review of Home Sweet Home
Claire Robinson
4 - "Im exactly where I want to be" Stars!

Review for ~ New Beginnings in Blue Hollow Falls by Donna Kauffman ~ only.

I love the little vignettes we get with side characters that take me back to BHF, I love the place, the people and everything Donna has shared with her readers about it so far. We get to catch up with Seth & Pippa as well as Moira and Hudson as Katie and Declans reconnection plays out.

Ten years, five months, two weeks and four days

That is how long it has been since Declan has
Bonnie DeMoss
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Home Sweet Home is a collection of three short stories by three different authors, all of which involve homecomings. The story by Fern Michaels is a spy thriller romance. The story by Donna Kauffman is a traditional romance, and the story by Melissa Storm is about a family battling cancer. All three are entertaining reads about family, love , and heartache. 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4.

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley. My review is voluntary.
Joan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-challange
I enjoyed this book of stories. Fern Michaels' was interesting, the best of the lot to me was Donna Kauffman's, as I adore here Blue Hollow Falls series. The Melissa Storm's was harder for me to read as I was expecting more of a sweet story only to be reading a heartbreaking story of a dad dying of cancer though the heroine meets her true love at the hospital. Good story but not what I was expecting with the other two.
Linda Woodfin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are 3 stories in Home Sweet Home. They all revolve around family. No matter what you do you can always come home. 😀
#1 THREE'S A CROWD- this one kept me guessing what was going on with Samantha and the mystery man.
#2 NEW BEGINNINGS IN BLUE HOLLOW FALLS- Loved the story of Katie & Declan. This one has a lot of family members but you can follow along easily and tell they all care for each other.
#3 BRING ME HOME- this one had me crying. Loved how Mr. Long had protected the memory of
Ann-Maree Howarth
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book of three stories from Fern Michaels, Donna Kauffman and Melissa Storm. I have had the pleasure of reading books by Fern Michaels and Melissa Storm in the past to which I have always enjoyed but it a first time read by Donna Kauffman. Each story is about a Homecoming of different types but the main message in each was the love of home and family no matter how you have lived your life until now.

THREES A CROWD - Fern Michaels ****
Samantha Stewart has not been home in over
Princess Thuy
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall, I give this collection of stories a 4 star and the only story I absolutely loved was Donna Kauffman's story, Blue Hollow Falls: New Beginnings. The other two I didn't really care for because they weren't true romances to me and that was what I thought I was supposed to be reading. Below is my review for each individual story.

There's a Crowd
By Fern Michaels
This was an interesting story. Starts off with Samantha a war correspondent getting ready to move overseas. Then cut in three
Stephanie Panach
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
These stories are all about different kinds of homecomings - and most importantly reconnecting with family. There is romance in each one - but that is far from the most important thing that is happening in each story.

THREES A CROWD * Fern Michaels
In this story, Samantha has been away from home for a long time as a wartime foreign correspondent. While she was gone she met and fell in love with a man and got pregnant and had a baby. None of which she has told her parents (whom she is extremely
Glittergirl
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I chose to read this anthology for Donna Kauffman's Blue Hollow Falls-New Beginnings. I have never read Fern Michaels or Melissa Storm before. I was unsure about Fern Michaels' Three's A Crowd until the end. It read like a suspense thriller short story and not a romance at all. Melissa Storm's story Bring Me Home did not impress me at all. In fact I found it depressing, dealing with a daughter going through cancer treatment with her father. There was a couple at the end of the story but it ...more
Claire Mc Partlin
I initially wanted to read this because of the Donna Kauffman story in her Blue Hollow Falls series, one of my favourites, but I really enjoyed the Fern Michaels story too.

THREE'S A CROWD by Fern Michaels - 4 stars
This was about Samantha (former overseas reporter/Afghanistan etc.) and her baby daughter Caroline, who were finally coming home to the US and staying with Samantha's parents, who couldn't wait to see her after three years, but had no idea about the baby!

I'm not sure why she kept it
Melanie
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of three stories by three amazing author's. I was so excited to see these three author's in one book and I was not disappointed at all. A great read that focuses on family and being home.

THREES A CROWD by Fern Michaels
In this story, Samantha is a wartime correspondent and has been away from home for far too long. Her mom only worries about her while she is gone and can't wait for her return. Samantha has a surprise for her mom and dad that she is not sure how will be
Sue Galuska
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is actually three shorter stories: Three's A Crowd by Fern Michaels; New Beginnings in Blue Hollow Falls by Donna Kauffman; and Bring Me Home by Melissa Storm.

Three's A Crowd by Fern Michaels - 4 star
Samantha Stewart is an international news correspondent and has spent the past three years overseas. Sam was excited and nervous at seeing her parents again. What would they think of the secret she has been hiding in the form of her 8 month old daughter, Caroline? Of course they were were
Gale
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating the three stories in this anthology, Id have to give it four stars however rating them separately, I would give Blue Hollow Falls: New Beginnings by Donna Kauffman a full five stars, or more, if I could.

In Threes A Crowd by Fern Michaels, Samantha Stewart has been out of the country reporting in a war zone. She returns to the States, with a baby she has told no one about, and that incudes her parents. Its hard to say much about the story without spoilers so I will say that we learn what
Jeanne
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is basically three short stories all loosely tied together with homecomings of a sort.
Fern Michaels Three's a Crowd
Samantha has been keeping things from her family and she's about to unleash a huge secret, her eight month old daughter Caroline. After returning from an overseas assignment she's trying to get back to some type of normal. First step, don't tell anyone the full truth. Second step, totally flip out over flowers. Third step, I'm pretty sure we missed this one because I've never
Eileen
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, author
Home Sweet Home by Fern Michaels, Donna Kauffman, and Melissa Storm, is a wonderful compilation of three romances involving going home or finding home. Each author brought their romance to life in a short novella and left you looking forward to more from each of them. Each wrote a delightful romance in their style in order to tell their own story.
Threes a Crowd by Fern Michaels features Samantha Stewart returning home for Mothers Day after spending three years reporting from war zones; bringing
Cindy Rhodes
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This new collection of three stories by Fern Michaels, Donna Kauffman and Melissa Storm was an enjoyable quick read.

Three's A Crowd by Fern Michaels
For the first time in three years, Samantha Stewart will be spending time with her parents. And she is bringing a surprise - her baby girl. Sam has worked out of of the country as a reporter and has lots of secrets that she can't share with anyone. I enjoyed the spa day with her mom. I was disappointed in the ending of the story because it seemed to
Gina
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
How do you define "home?" Is it a house, a town, a person, or a feeling? Or something else altogether? The 3 stories in this book circle around the recurring theme of home, and each with very different tales. I like that they were 3 distinct stories, and that it didn't take hours of time commitment to complete a story. This book was perfect for reading on my breaks at work for that reason! Solid writing, good stories, and a great escape from the workday.

The book opens up with THREES A CROWD by
Taryn
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
In the wonderful new book we are gifted with three romantic shorts that will definitely get you in the mood for love and romance.
In the first short we meet Samantha Stewart who is returning home after several years to spend Mothers Day with her family. She has a daughter that her parents have never met, and is worried about how this reunion will turn out. You see Samantha has spent her life traveling as an overseas reporter and although this life has been very exciting as well as fulfilling it
Jennifer Wilson
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a collection of three different stories. The first Threes A Crowd, is about Samantha, who leaves her home in Florida for a job reporting on the war in the Middle East. Three years later she comes home to her parents house. With a surprise. And secrets she cant share.
I enjoyed this story. It was well written and had likable characters. The only issue I have it that it feels rushed at the end. And I feel it could have been a little more detailed. But over all, was a really enjoyable
Patricia Romero
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Three of my favorite women!

Fern Michaels: THREE'S A CROWD  has Samantha Stewart coming home with more than she left with. An overseas reporter who hasn't been home in years is bringing with her a huge surprise for her mom and dad. A grandchild! But the how and the when and the why are complicated. A nice story of what home is and who it is.

Donna Kauffman: NEW BEGINNINGS IN BLUE HOLLOW FALLS has our Katie MacMillan back in Blue Hollow Falls to help her sister get ready to have her baby. What no
Paula
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Home Sweet Home is an anthology by three well-known romance authors, Fern Michaels, Donna Kauffman and Melissa Storm. All of the stories are about homecomings. From there they branch off..

Threes the Crowd by Fern Michaels deals more with parental relationships, life choices and how they can change over time. Samantha is returning home with a young daughter. Her priorities are different from when she left. Not as much of a strong romance as the other two stores in the anthology.

New Beginnings in
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Home Sweet Home is a combination of several stories by three authors who are auto-buys for me. Although only New Beginnings in Blue Hollow Falls actually is part of another series, each story is unique and touching as they all bring us stories that will bring tears to your eyes, and often a smile followed by laughter.

As with any book that has multiple stories from different worlds in it I did have my own personal favorite which may be far different than yours. All of
Sandy
Mar 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Three great stories by three great authors -- how can you go wrong? You really can't!

Fern Michaels -- Three's a crowd: Samantha has been away from home, reporting in war zones and seeing things that no one should ever see. She comes home finally, burned out, and with a surprise for her parents. Then she gets a surprise of her own!
Donna Kauffman -- New beginnings in Blue Hollow Falls: A continuation of the series. Katie MacMillan comes to the Hollow to help her sister Pippa, who is married to the
Carol
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These were three very different stories - all very good.
Three's a crowd was about a young woman who had a child and marriage that she had not told her parents about. Her husband was thought to be dead and she was going home to raise her child with her parents. They were understandably hurt, but loved her and the child. When something strange happens, her father digs in to help uncover what is happening. A very good ending

Blue Hollow Falls - I loved this story as we got to visit with old friends
Doreen Prentiss Gabriellini
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New Beginnings in Blue Hollow Falls is the latest segment in Donna Kauffmans Blue Hollow Falls series. I loved the story of Katie & Declan. While this segment is part of a series this novella can easily stand alone. I was drawn in to this story full of laughter, tears, confusion, love, understanding and second chances. Donna Kauffmans characters are so wonderfully charming and have such depth that you feel like you know them. Each story in the series focuses on a different character in Blue ...more
Christine
This is a compilation of three feel good short stories. The first on by Fern Michaels had a lot of substance and interesting characters and situations. I loved it. The second one was really confusing from the beginning. So many characters and their relationships to each other were introduced in the first few pages that I could not keep track of who was who and that made the rest of the story hard to read and not interesting to me. The third story was a lovely story and very enjoyable. I just ...more
Lee Ann
Feb 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
Three novellas about homecomings, reconnecting with family and finding love, all from established authors that always deliver quality storytelling.

Three's a Crowd by Fern Michaels
Samantha returns home to her parents with the granddaughter that they've never met and didn't know about. Her relationship with her parents is strained, and the story shows how they get reacquainted after all this time and secrecy.

New Beginnings in Blue Hollow Falls by Donna Kauffman
Two large families are brought
Michelle
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I don't read many three in one books but after reading this one I think I will for now on. I had mixed emotions reading each of the three books. I love the contemporary romance and the sense of family.

Three's a crowd talks about a single mother who was a reporter and had to keep a few secrets of her own. This will keep you interested and in the end you'll see what happened. I like how Fern Michaels keeps you in suspense especially at the end.

I didn't like New Beginnings in Blue
Terri
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This is a collection of three novellas by Fern Michaels, Donna Kauffman and Melissa Storm. The three stories all revolve around home and family, those two things that mean the most to all of us.
The three stories varied widely. Three's a Crowd by Fern Michaels is the story of a reporter who had been overseas, but is now returning home to her parents bearing quite the surprise. New Beginnings in Blue Hallow Falls by Donna Kauffman is actually more of a story about some family members who are
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judy Christiana
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This anthology of three stories was very enjoyable. I love each story for different reasons. The first in the book, by Fern Michaels was unique and a special twist to the meaning of coming home. The second, by Donna Kauffman is a continuation of the Blue Hollow Falls series, which I am a fan and liked visiting the Falls and the characters again. The third, by Melissa Storm is a bit heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

I enjoy reading books by new authors and this book introduced me to
« previous 1 3 next »

• Under a Firefly Moon
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • A Forgotten Murder
  • Catch Me If You Can (Men of Rogue's Hollow #3)
  • Starting Over at Blueberry Creek (Sweetwater Springs Book 4) / Sealed with a Kiss
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Country Strong (Painted Pony Creek #1)
  • The Numbers Game
  • Chasing Tail (The Dogmothers, #3)
  • The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • The Bakeshop at Pumpkin and Spice
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • Lavender & Mistletoe
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Wildflower Ranch (The Canyon #2.5)
Fern Michaels isnt a person. Im not sure shes an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I was ...more