Start by marking “One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)” as Want to Read:
One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)

One-Eighty

(Westover Prep #1)

PIPER

Arrogant, controlling, and an absolute jerk.
He's everything I loathe, and everything I want to forget.
But he doesn't remember a bit of it.
One accident, one misstep, changed everything.
Changed him.
Now, he's different and unbelievably sexy.
But I refuse to fall for a bully.

DALTON
Sexy, smart, feisty, and
Published December 4th 2019 by MJB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about One-Eighty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One-Eighty

Start your review of One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
One-Eighty is an apt title!

I love these bully romance books. This is another one that strays a bit from the standard format of the wealthy king of the Prep school bullying the new poor girl that came in on scholarship or something similar. In this story both the bully and bullied (Hero and heroine) are fairly wealthy and are next door neighbors. They have known each other since they were small.

The Heros name is Dalton Payne and he thought Piper Schofield was the prettiest girl in kindergarten
mel

i judged the book cover again!! i know i know. guilty as charged. im sorry.

but i mean come on, if you look at it, you would think that this book was gonna be your typical bully romance based in a private school but NOPE.

there was no bullying here and the MCs werent even in school since this takes place during the summer.

and honestly? i loved it. i mean, i read this in one sitting instead of writing my 12-page paper so you know... priorities and all that right? 😅

this had good writing
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars for Dalton & Piper!

description

Piper Schofield has been tormented and bullied for TWELVE years by Dalton Payne and his cronies. For twelve years she has taken the abuse and has the emotional and physical scars to show for it. Heres where the author will throw the heroine and the reader for a loop with a horrific accident that get this leaves the anti-hero without his memories!

Would you buy this nice guy act or his interest in you?

description

In the end I was sold on every aspect of this story. The heros
lazybookconqueror
This book was so freaking interesting.

I was expecting a kinda cringy Bully romance, where we saw a major douche do all kinds of wrong only to redeem himself in the end after some light groveling, etc, etc.

This is not what One Eighty is about.

As the title suggests, this book is all about flipping the script.
I really don't want to spoil anything, because the journey is where it's at with this book. But in the first few chapters (especially being inside Danton's head), I was like: hell no. This boy
Carmen Rae
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It seems like bully romance is in in a big way at the moment and to be honest it's not something I read a lot of recently. It used to be one I enjoyed but I have been going through a low angst, safe romance faze for a while. However with all of my GoodReads feeds being flooded with it I haven't been able to avoid it and the blurb for this one had me racing to Amazon and discovering it's a KU title.

So I'm not going to lie Dalton was a complete jerk and he made everyone else join in on Pipers
NMmomof4
DNF technically around 60ish%

Man oh man! What a book funk I am in!! I was certain this would help me out of it because it sounded different and so many of my friends loved it. Sadly, I lost interest about 60ish percent and then just skimmed the rest. I did skim to the end so I didn't technically read it that far -- and that's why I'm just going to add this to my DNF shelf instead of giving it a poor rating.

Things that worked:
- the overal premise was promising!
- the side characters were pretty
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

I really like it, I was looking for bully romance a long time now and this one was exactly what I wanted!It's fast paced and the characters fantastic!I loved the romance , it was refreshing, heartwarming and sexy.It has some emotional moments and the romance felt heavy!

Kissing him is wrong and magical.
Its forbidden and everything I didnt know I wanted.
Its cruel and perfect.
Its over before I want it to be.

I adored Piper and Dalton after what happened andhow he tried to win her was very
Reyne Clark
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One Eighty is a different kind of Bully Romance. It is painful to read in the beginning, just because high schoolers can be so cruel. But then it twists and morphs into something else entirely. It takes redemption and forgiveness to a whole new level. And while it is entertaining, it also makes you wonder how you would react if you were in similar situations. It has a bit of Darkness, but also Light. It has characters that make you want to throw your kindle, but also try and understand. Marie ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
It's been a while since I read a YA romance (high school age MC's) and I can honestly say I have never read anything with the Bullying to the extreme it was taken to in this book. I enjoyed the story and the twist of Dalton loosing his memory and falling for the girl he lived to torment.

Normally the bullying is glossed over and mentioned that it had happened, you may get an incident or two but in this book it is full on bullying to the extreme where it was almost painful to keep reading because
ABookLover73
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020
Review coming soon...
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This was a unique take on a bully romance and was really refreshing. Piper Schofield had been bullied by Dalton and his band of merry boys and girls for over a decade. The bullying was relentless and caused immeasurable mental and physical scars. My heart absolutely broke for her. One night, these two find themselves in the same car and they wreck, the kicker of the story, Dalton wakes up with no memories of the last decade.

When Dalton finally wakes, the tables have turned one-eighty, Dalton
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
We've all encountered a bully sometime in our life, but what would you do if that individual doesn't remember all he/she has done to you? Would you believe them or would you be cautious? The blurb pulled me in and I was intrigued to see what it was all about. Let me tell you that Marie James did not disappoint!!

Piper had endured the tormenting/bullying from Dalton for a long time and then all of a sudden-poof it as gone. I'll be the first to say that I was very skeptical at first on Dalton's
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Piper is the girl you see at school who blends into the shadows. For some (stupid) reason, the resident bully asshole, Dalton, has picked her to be the center of his attention. Only it's not the good kind of attention, it's the most negative kind of attention you can subject someone to. And it's taken its toll on poor Piper. And then the accident that changed everything changed Dalton's attention to something completely different. Can this be his redemption?

I have to admit right off the bat
Jamie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Man!

Something new and exciting from Marie James' usual writing. One-Eighty was intense, exciting and all around perfect.

Get ready for a side of this author that needs to be unleashed more often!
Dianna
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oh hello, amnesia. I hadn't realised that I was missing you from a HSBR, but now I know you exist I want more.

Dalton has bullied Piper since they were 5. The bullying became more savage in middle school, and worse still in high school, because Dalton is a popular sports person and his friends are horrific. Collectively, they are a tiny power group who enjoy torturing the vulnerable. This book goes in dark. It goes in real dark from the opening pages, which flash-forward to death and suicide.
AJ
4 stars

This is such a great read! An intense, dramatic and emotional YA bully romance with a difference, when the arrogant, merciless bully loses his memory and falls for the girl he has spent his life tormenting. I was sucked in from the very beginning and I loved this one.

Dalton has made it his mission in life to make his neighbour, Piper, miserable. It all started in kindergarten and has continued over the years and is now completely ingrained into who Dalton is, and his role in the school
Caroline F
Fab bully/amnesia romance from a new-to-me author.

"She's always been pretty, even though I'd never admit that out loud to anyone, but this evening she's a knockout."

Dalton Payne is the most influential kid at school and Piper Schofield's neighbour. Unfortunately, he has also bullied Piper since they were little kids - for no good reason other than he could. He and his cohorts have made her school life utter hell and have massively affected her psychologically. She can't wait to complete her
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
One Eighty is a story that is troublesome, emotional, absorbing and heartbreaking. It's been a while since I have read a bully romance and I have forgotten how tormenting it is. I truly felt the pain and heartbreak the heroine went through which, to be honest, made me furious. Furious at her bully!

Dalton is Piper's tormentor. He has been bullying her from the time they were kids and it hasn't stopped. His friends also partook in the bullying and made Piper's life increasingly difficult. The
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
If you're looking for a book you won't want to put down from the moment you start it then One Eighty is it.

The prologue made my heart hurt. And after that I was just so sucked into the story I didn't want it to end.

There were so many unexpected aspects and twists in the book. The main one being how this author could create this character that I loved and kind of hated all at the same time. That was Dalton.

Piper on the other hand was this beautiful, impossible not to love character that was so
Charee ♡
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julie
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, intense, bullying
Wowza! We start with high schoolers Piper and Dalton. Dalton is the schools hot guy and hes leader of the cool kids that everyone wants to join. Piper unfortunately has endured the main brunt of Dalton and his followers cruel pranks and taunts for all of her school years.

Then one evening, an accident changes everything and Dalton loses his memory. He has to meet a family he cant remember and start life over again. He knows he wants beautiful Piper and will do all he can to win her over. He doesn
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
A bully romance like no other! One Eighty is a whole new take on a trope that I have quite the love/hate relationship with and this book landed on MEGA love for me. Im super picky when it comes to bully romance, I need to see and be able to actually feel the characters to be able to love a hero that has done so many truly atrocious things, but Marie James took that to a whole new level with Dalton.
Previous Dalton was a vile human being, and that was not sugar coated one bit in this book. Right
Michelle
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Marie James
Nov 26, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Did you see the BLURB!

PIPER

Arrogant, controlling, and an absolute jerk.
He's everything I loathe, and everything I want to forget.
But he doesn't remember a bit of it.
One accident, one misstep, changed everything.
Changed him.
Now, he's different and unbelievably sexy.
But I refuse to fall for a bully.

DALTON
Sexy, smart, feisty, and perfect.
She's everything I want, and nothing that I remember.
What she says I am, I refuse to believe.
For her,
Rohina
Yeah, so I saw a high school romance and jumped at the chance to read it. Again!
I've been on quite the YA/NA binge lately, I've accumulated some hits and some misses but I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

The thing that worked for me the most was the overall premise of the book which was very promising.
Now why the 3 Stars? While One-Eighty has all the things that I know for a fact I have enjoyed to the point of rating books 4.5 or even 5 stars, this one failed at hitting the bulls-eye
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
This book was so much more than a bully romance. Its about standing up for yourself, forgiveness, and a love that can overcome anything. The prologue not only had me wanting to skip to the end, but it made me instantly fall in love with these characters.

Piper is willing to stay in the shadows as long as she isnt bothered by the bullies at her school. Unfortunately, they have chosen her as their target. She is shy, rarely stands up for herself, and tries to please everyone.

Dalton is the reason
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5

He loves what he can't remember she can't forget the truth...

I've read so many bully stories that it's probably not even healthy anymore. *chuckles*

I've enjoyed Piper and Dalton's world tremendously, mostly because it's different in the lines where he can't remember.
But I'd love a bit more harshness, more roughness.
And there's a glimpse of when Frankie, her best friend, meets this guy Zeeke... Gods, I need that story so badly.

One-Eighty is a perfect read for those who love a bully with a
queen_of_the_books_18
As you can tell my by rating I am bit conflicted about this book and not 100% sure why. It wasnt what I was expecting really and it took me a good while to read it. It is a bully romance and it was quite a hard read.

I love that it was a different take on normal bully romances, where in the beginning the bullying was savage but then there is a massive twist and so thing happens to Dalton and Piper bringing them closer together.

One-Eighty was emotional, hard hitting and full of curve balls that
Tangerine
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 STARS

Loved!
Karlena Lipari
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok for starters I seriously wanted to punch Dalton in his smug face. The way he treated Piper was horrible. Poor Piper was bullied not only by Dalton but all his minions and one night things got very bad. But that ended up being a good thing and it brought the two together. There was a bit of mystery with the book and I couldnt wait to get the answers. I loved the end and in the end Dalton redeemed himself for me. Loved the two characters together and look forward to Frankie and Zekes book!! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Dirty Prince
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Uppercut Princess (The Heights Crew, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Vindictive: High School Bully Romance (Kennedy Academy Book 1)
  • Dance For Me (Alder Academy #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)

Last Release:
Tug: Cerberus MC Book 10

Next Release: Scooter: Cerberus MC Book 11

Marie James is a mother of two boys and wife of 15 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions include reading everything under the sun and sewing, although she doesn't

Westover Prep (2 books)
  • Catch Twenty-Two (Westover Prep, #2)