Start by marking “Saving Eden: A YA Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic Adventure” as Want to Read:
Saving Eden: A YA Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic Adventure

Saving Eden: A YA Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic Adventure

Sixteen-year-old Angela and her father are the last survivors on earth. She dreams of adventure and romance but only finds it in books. In the confines of her garden paradise, shes untouched by contaminants that caused the rest of humanity to mutate into murderous beasts or die. But staying in the garden sure gets lonely.

When a seventeen-year-old boy stumbles upon Angelas
Published January 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Saving Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Eden

Start your review of Saving Eden: A YA Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic Adventure
Stacey Alexander
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love dystopian adventures, then this is the book for you! Saving Eden was a great read, quick for an adult, and perfect for the young adult group!

Teenage Angela has spent her whole life sheltered from what's left of the end of the world. Like most teenagers, she longs to see what else is out there! You'll be drawn in and excited about the development of her story as she becomes more aware of the outside world and her own inner world.

I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest
K.R.S.
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
In my humble opinion, its pretty great! ...more
Ken
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Full disclosure: I was given Saving Even as an ARC (advanced reader copy) in exchange for an honest review.

Saving Eden does have quite a few redeeming qualities: A main character who makes her own decisions, foil characters who challenge her convictions, intrigue, mystery, and interesting worldbuilding.

Unfortunately, I found the book unpolished. It had grammatical and spelling errors that could easily have been caught by a competent editor. It also had a few quirks that mark Ms KcEntire as a
Leanna Keleher
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC and I am so happy that I did because this is such a great book! The main character, Angela, is reminiscent of Rapunzel in her dreaming of what exists beyond the garden she's grown up in. Her imagination and dreams are inspired by the fairy tales her father has read to her throughout her life. However, Angela can't help but to wonder what else the world has to offer her. A fairy tale meets a dystopian landscape where everyone is just searching for their own happy ending.

This
Tiffany
After reading this book, I wanted to write and post this review to share my honest experiences toward the story.

This is a fast paced and enjoyable post-apocalyptic read. Angela lives in a little home with her father, and she believes they are the last two people alive on earth. Her father tells her stories, and while confined to her garden paradise, she remains unaware that contaminants have caused the rest of humanity to mutate into murderous beasts. That is, until a boy finds his way into her
C.L. Cannon
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
"But the real world has teeth, and its sickness reaches far beyond the aftermath of war."

As a debut novel, I have to say that this story is intriguing! I found myself swept up in the story, curious to know what Angela would discover next, and also interested to see just how much the real world had changed. I'm looking forward to book 2!
Amanda
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it for anyone who likes post apocalyptic adventures. The characters are likable and the world is unique and the storyline is engaging.

A.R. R Maloney
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC. I loved it. Saving Eden is a sweet mix of post-apoc/dystopian, fantasy & romance. The characters are well developed and as a northern Illinois girl I loved the Chi-town setting. While this would be a wonderful stand-alone novel, I would love to see a sequel.
Ginger Li
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this story down. It was fast-paced and the author had me guessing till the end. I usually don't read dystopian novels, but I really enjoyed this one. I definitely recommend it to others!
Kay
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Angelas Adventure

What is better than having hope? Making it happen. Angela is unschooled and living with her dad in a 30 acre Eden. All the way through this story she is challenged in her quest to make the world a better place. Family is an important part of the story. As is the wardens killing anyone different. I really enjoyed the ending. It was a very positive look at a dystopia.
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received an early copy from the author. This does not affect my review. This review is voluntary.*

Despite a slower start, this book laid out an exciting story was strong world building and fun characters! I originally thought it to be a stand alone, but recently heard that it is the start in a series, and I can't wait to read more! I really loved meeting The Resistance and learning about the 'post humans' and felt the story and how it was told was beautifully unique and original! Angela was
Christina Marie Reads
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic, YA post-apocalyptic read! Wonderful world building, a great storyline, and an extremely likeable main character (not to mention the gorgeous cover)! I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Renee Reads
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book online when the author was looking for readers she gave me the book to read and review. I like the story I especially like that it wasn't a stereotypical end of the world story that i thought it might be, but its more of a story about a society that kills people who are mutants and have special powers. The girl runs away with a boy to this city and finds out that her dad might be in danger back home. She also finds out she has powers but i don't wan to tell the whole story. The ...more
Amanda Ross
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed Saving Eden. The premise was intriguing and it often felt like a fairy tale, especially the scenes in the garden and just how innocent and unaware of the outside world Angela is. I liked the scenes of Angela not knowing something that has been ingrained in our culture, like the phrase "living under a rock." It added to her naivete and made her arc more endearing.

I do think that the novel had some formatting and grammatical errors
James Sandepp
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful YA book. Loved the main character. Story is well paced, fascinating and perfect for teens and YA.
Jade
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full disclaimer I was offered the book to read for free in exchange for an unbiased review, but after enjoying the book I bought a copy!

Would I recommend this book to another person?
I would absolutely recommend this book to young adults. The novel has a good pace, while I read tremendously fast, I do think the story is engaging and offers good characters to follow after. I will be adding it to my yearly list of books to recommend for sure. I do think that some details could have come out a
Julie Janis
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I'd give this 3.5 stars.

This wasn't a bad book to read. It did take me a bit to get into it from the beginning, but it got better. The world and plot were intriguing and I really liked the main character. Angela's personality is fun, innocent, and one I wish I could see in more YA books. Though I enjoyed the story, I still feel it was lacking depth that hindered me from liking the story more.

I wanted to know more about the characters back stories and see relationship development. There were
Joy-anna Solomon
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Great story line. It was very unique for a dystopian novel which I appreciated.
I felt it was lacking a little in supporting character development. Angela herself was spot on for someone who was raised in isolation. I would have liked to really feel the connections she had with fellow characters grow. I think because the novel was so fast paced there wasnt a lot of room for that. It was laid out very nicely and didnt have any loose
Megan Brookes
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and thought the story was cleverly written. I was drawn into Angela's story and found it quite difficult to put the book down once I started reading it. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for when the next one is out as the ending does leave you hoping for more and I was quite disappointed that I finished it so quickly.

Janilee C
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read a copy of Saving Eden for a review and I loved it! It was fast paced and well-written, with fun characters. I appreciate Angel's character because she wasn't the tough girl we see in most dystopian stories. She was softer, but still brave. The way this society treated the mutants mirrors some things in the real world. All in all a fun, lighthearted story with a few deeper messages thrown in. I can't wait to see what K. R. S. Mcintire writes next about this exciting world!

Claudia
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
Sheltered from the end of the world and the contaminates that mutated the rest of humanity, 16 year old Angela believes that herself and her father are the last two survivors. Despite this, she longs to explore the outside world.

Angela has a very childlike personality reminiscent of Rapunzel.
This is a dystopian, romance novel.

Heather Carson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sweet YA dystopian

This debut novel was filled with vivid descriptions. The author takes readers on a dystopian journey through hell and back. I was rooting for Angela the entire time! My favorite part is the message of hope laced through the bleak atmosphere of the world portrayed in the story. This is a great YA dystopian tale with some almost magical twists you dont want to miss.
Dee
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Haven't read much dystopian or post-apoc lately but I picked this one up, and enjoyed this story very much. The writer did very well in describing the desolate world and no matter how bleak it was, humanity will try to continue and push forward. It was a story of young naivety that quickly learned a harsh lesson in reality. It wasn't a long read and the story moved at a decent pace. If there is a second book, which I hope, I can't wait to see what happens in that!
L.C. Son
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it!
I truly enjoyed this book! I read very little PA but I found this author in one of my FB groups and thought to give it a whirl! Im so glad I did! Loved the characters and the story was original! Looking forward to her next installment!
Rachel Joi Maples
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angela is thrown into the apocalypse where a contamination has infected and mutated the majority of the human race. Angela and her father are spared, but loneliness is prominent. Until they are approached by a 17yo who offers an invitation to where other survivors are ....
Kiana Brothers
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book for a quick read. The story seemed a bit rushed, but the idea of it was cool. I would totally read another as a break between my longer books.
Dema Blood
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saving eden

With characters that soothe and some that rule your emotions, KRS has given us anew look at what could be.
Clairissa SinClair
Feb 26, 2020
J.L. Park
Feb 18, 2020
Dana Leigh Lyman
Feb 22, 2020

• The Frost Eater (The Magic Eaters Trilogy, #1)
  • The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)
  • Olympus Academy: The Demon Demigod
  • Her Kind of Magic (Academy of the Supernatural #1)
  • Dungeon Queen (Dungeon Queen, #1)
  • Spellbound
  • After The End (Emerge, #1)
  • Death City (Dark Resistance #1)
  • Have a Little Faith: a True Story
  • Quell (The Flow Series Book 4)
  • Magical Miri (Gifted Girls Series Book 1)
  • Cast Long Shadows (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #2)
  • Half-Blood Mage (Light and Fire, #1)
  • Bosses' Brat
  • A star in their eyes (7 Days Of Romance Series)
  • An Accidental Cupid
  • Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #1)
  • Wrath of the Winter Witch (The Unholy Witch Wars, #1)

News & Interviews

“I ask why you decided to follow Jesse back to Chicago?”
“I want to find a happy ending, for my father and I,” Angela said. “And, I suppose, for the rest of the world as well.”
“That's what she thinks,” said Jesse. “But I think she already had a pretty happy life, and grew bored of it.”
“I was a little bored,” Angela admitted. “But you can't have a happy ending without first reading the full story,”
1 likes