Start by marking “Saving Eden (The Eden Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saving Eden (The Eden Saga, #1)

Saving Eden

(The Eden Saga #1)

Sixteen-year-old Angela and her father are the last survivors on earth. She dreams of adventure and romance but only finds it in books. In the confines of her garden paradise, she’s untouched by contaminants that caused the rest of humanity to mutate into murderous beasts or die. But staying in the garden sure gets lonely.

When a seventeen-year-old boy stumbles upon Angela’
Published January 24th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published December 21st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Eden

Start your review of Saving Eden (The Eden Saga, #1)
Amaka
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Post- apocalyptic, dystopian, YA romance.
The story started out a little slow but picked up eventually. Angela is a mutant teen, living with her father in an isolated garden. She had never seen anyone else in their world since her childhood but had always wondered about life beyond the wall. One day she accidentally met a boy, Jesse, and she impulsively abandoned her father and secretly followed Jesse to the world beyond.
This book was a quick, clean, YA romance with promise of adventure and disc
Stacey Alexander
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love dystopian adventures, then this is the book for you! Saving Eden was a great read, quick for an adult, and perfect for the young adult group!

Teenage Angela has spent her whole life sheltered from what's left of the end of the world. Like most teenagers, she longs to see what else is out there! You'll be drawn in and excited about the development of her story as she becomes more aware of the outside world and her own inner world.

I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest
K.R.S.
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
In my humble opinion, it’s pretty great!
Janee Thompson
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Leanna Keleher
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC and I am so happy that I did because this is such a great book! The main character, Angela, is reminiscent of Rapunzel in her dreaming of what exists beyond the garden she's grown up in. Her imagination and dreams are inspired by the fairy tales her father has read to her throughout her life. However, Angela can't help but to wonder what else the world has to offer her. A fairy tale meets a dystopian landscape where everyone is just searching for their own happy ending.

This st
Tiffany
After reading this book, I wanted to write and post this review to share my honest experiences toward the story.

This is a fast paced and enjoyable post-apocalyptic read. Angela lives in a little home with her father, and she believes they are the last two people alive on earth. Her father tells her stories, and while confined to her garden paradise, she remains unaware that contaminants have caused the rest of humanity to mutate into murderous beasts. That is, until a boy finds his way into her
C.L. Cannon
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
"But the real world has teeth, and its sickness reaches far beyond the aftermath of war."

As a debut novel, I have to say that this story is intriguing! I found myself swept up in the story, curious to know what Angela would discover next, and also interested to see just how much the real world had changed. I'm looking forward to book 2!
A.R. Maloney
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC. I loved it. Saving Eden is a sweet mix of post-apoc/dystopian, fantasy & romance. The characters are well developed and as a northern Illinois girl I loved the Chi-town setting. While this would be a wonderful stand-alone novel, I would love to see a sequel.
Amanda
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it for anyone who likes post apocalyptic adventures. The characters are likable and the world is unique and the storyline is engaging.

Kay
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Angela’s Adventure

What is better than having hope? Making it happen. Angela is unschooled and living with her dad in a 30 acre Eden. All the way through this story she is challenged in her quest to make the world a better place. Family is an important part of the story. As is the wardens killing anyone different. I really enjoyed the ending. It was a very positive look at a dystopia.
Ginger Li
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this story down. It was fast-paced and the author had me guessing till the end. I usually don't read dystopian novels, but I really enjoyed this one. I definitely recommend it to others! ...more
Karla Kay
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, dystopian
Saving Eden has an interesting concept for a dystopian/post-apocalyptic coming-of-age story. The author created a diverse community of characters. This is a clean, feel good YA that I feel many of the younger generation would quite enjoy. 3.5 Stars
Read Love
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I won a giveaway hosted by the author.

I listened to Saving Eden on Audible and I read it by using KindleUnlimited. Saving Eden was such a wonderful and enjoyable listen and read for me.
First, I have to say that I enjoyed the narrator's singing and her overall narration of this story! I appreciate the authenticity for her actually singing the songs. I like and appreciate the small things like that.

This as a story about a teen named Angela, who is living with
Christina Marie Reads
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic, YA post-apocalyptic read! Wonderful world building, a great storyline, and an extremely likeable main character (not to mention the gorgeous cover)! I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received an early copy from the author. This does not affect my review. This review is voluntary.*

Despite a slower start, this book laid out an exciting story was strong world building and fun characters! I originally thought it to be a stand alone, but recently heard that it is the start in a series, and I can't wait to read more! I really loved meeting The Resistance and learning about the 'post humans' and felt the story and how it was told was beautifully unique and original! Angela was s
Janet R Brienza
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable YA

I was pleased to find a dystopian story that had something of a hopeful tone. Well written and fun to read. If you need post-humans in your life, this is for you!
Chrys Minter
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Series

I totally loved this story. I got acquainted with the characters through the authors words. I hope this story isn't over yet. I was awesome
M.J. Nightingale
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dandelions and hope.

Looking forward to the second book in this series very much. A gem of a book with a powerful message of hope. Don’t discount the dandelions in this world. Don’t trample them underfoot. Mutant/diversity, whatever you call it, the world can be made a better place if you have patience, understanding, and can learn to work together.
Renee Reads
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book online when the author was looking for readers she gave me the book to read and review. I like the story I especially like that it wasn't a stereotypical end of the world story that i thought it might be, but its more of a story about a society that kills people who are mutants and have special powers. The girl runs away with a boy to this city and finds out that her dad might be in danger back home. She also finds out she has powers but i don't wan to tell the whole story. The ...more
Amanda Ross
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed Saving Eden. The premise was intriguing and it often felt like a fairy tale, especially the scenes in the garden and just how innocent and unaware of the outside world Angela is. I liked the scenes of Angela not knowing something that has been ingrained in our culture, like the phrase "living under a rock." It added to her naivete and made her arc more endearing.

I do think that the novel had some formatting and grammatical errors th
Country Goose
Oct 18, 2020 marked it as dnf
Not a huge fan of the writing style. I do love dystopian novels, of people looking for their Eden, or making it. The development of the world is my favorite part. But... what if, in the end, you had that paradise, but felt closed in and suffocated rather than safe and well fed. This is that story. While it is a great plot base, I couldn't get with the childish character who was so sheltered she doesn't know how to read. I can't rate this one fairly. I didn't finish because it wasn't my trope. ...more
Toya (the reading chemist)
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge fan of dystopian stories, so when I first came across this one, I couldn’t wait to read it.

Be warned that this one starts off a bit slow as we orient ourselves to the sheltered life of 16 year old Angela. Angela and her father live outside of the dystopian society off-grid, so Angela is ignorant to the ways of the world. She quickly learns how different the world is from her own once she meets a strange boy who stumbles upon her in her garden.

The world building is fantastic. I loved
Jadedisland
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full disclaimer I was offered the book to read for free in exchange for an unbiased review, but after enjoying the book I bought a copy!

Would I recommend this book to another person?
I would absolutely recommend this book to young adults. The novel has a good pace, while I read tremendously fast, I do think the story is engaging and offers good characters to follow after. I will be adding it to my yearly list of books to recommend for sure. I do think that some details could have come out a litt
Julie (livinginatale)
I'd give this 3.5 stars.

This wasn't a bad book to read. It did take me a bit to get into it from the beginning, but it got better. The world and plot were intriguing and I really liked the main character. Angela's personality is fun, innocent, and one I wish I could see in more YA books. Though I enjoyed the story, I still feel it was lacking depth that hindered me from liking the story more.

I wanted to know more about the characters back stories and see relationship development. There were als
Nikki
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, dystopia
This story left me feeling irritated.
The writing was amateurish. It had lots of description, but too much telling instead of showing (ie she saw, she wondered, she noticed, she thought).
There were multiple unbelievable actions going on, such as the main character climbing out of a window and down a tree while holding a bowl of soup. Later she had to use the front door because the tree was too far from the window for her to climb back in.
Another character fixed her 13+ yr old watch (after decla
The Eden Saga 1
Sara Lawson
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
If you raise a girl in the middle of nowhere and tell her you are the last people on earth and that she is living a fairy tale, do you think she would believe it? Saving Eden begins with this narrative. Only, sixteen-year-old Angela doesn't entirely believe it when she finds a backpack filled with food in her garden. And as much as she loves playing her piano, what she really wants is to learn to read all those symbols in her Dad's books. And find other people.

Set in a post-Apocalyptic America t
Michele
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: post-apocalyptic YA readers of any age who are looking for a good rainy day or weekend book.
Re-telling of Divergent with a Rapunzel twist.

Angela grows up believing that all humans on earth were destroyed in the Mutant Wars. She and her father are the only two humans left. This is a coming of age story that follows Angela as she learns about the world outside her idyllic garden. She meets other humans who live in the post-apocalyptic ruins of Chicago. The action picks up when she starts putting the pieces together. Will she fall victim to people who only want to use her? Who can she bel
Jessica
Aug 02, 2020 rated it liked it
*I was sent a link to review the audiobook of this story by the author in exchange for an honest review. A huge thank you to the author, and all thoughts and opinions are my own*

I went into this blind, which is usually how I end up going into these dystopian style novels because I know that things will be explained and I don't want to have any sort of preconceived notions about the book, and this one was no exception. It was a quick listen, and it was easy to follow along with from start to fin
Inga O
Jun 19, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️ 3 and a half stars ⭐️

I received a free audio copy of this book directly from the author for an honest review.

I’m hovering between 3 and a half and 4 stars for this book. I feel like this book has a good premise but requires maybe a little fleshing out? I like the world that Angela lives in with her garden and the world that continues on when they reach the settlement. Angela is an innocent but well rounded character but I feel her relationship with Jesse is rushed. I want to know more abou

• Have a Little Faith: a True Story
  • Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #1)
  • The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
  • Demon Bound (Bound #1)
  • UnSouled (Unwind, #3)
  • Turnabout
  • How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3)
  • Farmer Giles of Ham
  • Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse (Dumpty, #1)
  • The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)
  • How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2)
  • Justice (Out for Blood, #3)
  • Die For You
  • The Canterville Ghost
  • Avoiding the Abyss (The Abyss Trilogy, #1)
  • Slumber
  • The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember
  • Letters from Father Christmas

The Eden Saga (2 books)
  • Finding Eden (The Eden Saga, #2)