Start by marking “Last Call” as Want to Read:
Last Call

Last Call

Ethan is living the good life as a student at Montreal’s McGill University. He’s out every night, partying, dancing with his friends, and meeting guys. When he sets his sights on Alex, the world’s hottest bartender, he expects a good time, and nothing more.

But things aren't so simple with Alex. He's been hurt too many times and he's protective of his heart. He certainly ca
ebook
Published January 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Last Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Call

Start your review of Last Call
Kate Sherwood
Dec 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
This one made me laugh a lot while I was writing it - hopefully it's amusing to read, as well! ...more
Carrie
Contains the sexiest French lessons ever.
Aldi
4.5 stars. This author is very hit and miss for me (I'm pretty sure I've rated her books literally everything from 1 to 5 stars), so I was chuffed to discover this was right up my alley. Socioeconomic/class gap, great chemistry, charming setting, a decent amount of realistic conflict, strong side characters and (not always healthy) friendships, and lovely MCs. Ethan is essentially a babbling brook and somewhat manic pixie dream boy-adjacent but also just disarming and real/flawed enough to avoid ...more
Alisa
Apr 22, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020, dnf
DNF @14%

I disliked Ethan so much I couldn't bring myself to read anymore. The plot was not catching my attention and there were some editing issues (sometimes first person, sometimes third).

*ARC provided through the Don't Buy My Love program*
Anna Kaling
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
God, I love angsty, brooding heroes. And you know what Kate Sherwood does really well, besides making me laugh? Angsty, brooding heroes. Alex is a big sexy ball of angst.

Ethan, on the other hand, is a slim little whirling dervish of pep and nervous energy and man he is infuriating in the most endearing way. You kind of want Alex to put his cock in Ethan's mouth just to shut him up for a minute. Fortunately, Ethan also wants this to happen. And so does Alex, except he's denying himself and OH MY
Joyfully Jay
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Last Call by Kate Sherwood is a story that explores just how much a person who has never had an easy life can expect something like a great potential relationship to really work out and last. Alex, with his homophobic and abusive father who threw him out of the house at the age of sixteen, has very little faith in anything ever really going well, despite his best friend always telling him to relax. That same best friend is busy getting money from a loan shark to k
Courtney Bassett
Couldn’t put it down

My productivity today was shot because I couldn’t bear to put this book down. It was fun to see how the characters progressed from one wanting a one-night-stand (and the other being uninterested) to a tentative friendship to a relationship.

You wouldn’t think a book with a twink and a hot bartender would have much action (other than between the sheets - and oh yeah, that’s there), but there was a whole thing involving the bar’s irresponsible owner that had me anxious to find
Ami
Ethan's rambles did amuse me at times, but his brain, and his penchant for being over-dramatic was exhausting. I didn't know how his friends could stand him *laugh*. If he's my friend, considering that I'm a total introvert, I will probably need two days to decompress.

While Alex, urgh, Alex... usually I can accept emotionally stunted men in my book because I can be one as well (despite different gender), but his loyalty towards Leo (stupid, STUPID Leo) was not one that I could tolerate.

I could i
Sanne92
Feb 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF at 70%. I tried my best to finish the story, but I'm glad I gave up. I didn't like any of the characters (even hated some of them), and the plot was - was there even a plot?!

Also, when will we stop acting like it's normal for people to go out five nights a week and get really drunk? Last Call is a story about alcoholic students who get into trouble.
Tess
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Key
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-2020
NicoleR.M.M.
Sadonna
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The review for this book and lots of other stuff can be found at Love Bytes Reviews

Ethan’s a fairly happy go lucky guy. College student with wealthy parents, smart so he doesn’t have to study too hard, attractive, friendly, in it for the moment kind of lifestyle. He discovers Alex at a gay friendly bar and he’s gone. After three nights, he’s doing his best to get the bartender’s attention. Failing that, he rather throws himself in Alex’s way and Alex, being the good guy that he is, takes care o
Ser
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A free copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review via the MM Romance Group ‘Don’t Buy My Love’ program.

I adored this book. The preview made me chuckle and for me the rest of the book lived up to the promise of the first few chapters in terms of humor and writing. It was funny while still dealing seriously with serious topics. I liked Ethan and Alex as characters and I liked how their relationship developed. I loved that Ethan (view spoiler)
LIGHTSONG13
Jan 24, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I mean I don’t get this author’s following, I really don’t! The characterization is nonexistent; the plot is pointless and ludicrous; the drama is nonsensical and over the top, and 99% of her characters are obnoxious pawns existing only to be used in the machinations of this authors absurd literary whims!! The pacing is supremely shitty and the ending is always unsatisfactory, abrupt, rushed, inconclusive, and just plain shitty!!
Horrible horrible writing! And it seems like this author is hell-b
Songsungblue
fantastic read

the MCs are people from different backgrounds, who are learning how to be together while they navigate personal demons, ethical challenges and genuine bad guys... and there's also a suite of individually nuanced and believable supporting characters. This book shows their bravery, vulnerability, and always with Kate's trademark humor and snark. 5/5 would read again!
Amy
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy I read this!

Dialogue is one of the most important things in a story for me, and this book has some of the best I have read. Ethan and Alex were wonderful together, and I always love the dynamic of the grump and the ball of sunshine getting together. I loved this story and wish there was more of it to read!
Joscelyn Smith
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable

Ethan and Alex were great characters and to say that Ethan was persistent is a bit of an understatement, he was funny and a bit neurotic but exactly what Alex needed. This was a very enjoyable.
Linz
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
It was ok. Ethan was adorable but at times Alex really got on my nerves. Leo was just selfish only thought about what he wanted. He did redeem himself at the end. Cora was just stupid in my opinion. It was nice that it took place in Montreal and there was French conversations.
Ayla
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ethan is hilarious! Great story and pacing. Really enjoyed this!
Sylvia
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5☆

Meh wasn't feeling this one.
AngelReads
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read with a lot of similarly to In Too Deep but not as well executed.
Amy
« previous 1 3 next »

• Project Hero
  • Spring Strings
  • The One Decent Thing
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • To Have It All