Start by marking “My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)

My Calamity Jane

(The Lady Janies #3)

Welcome ​to 1876 and a rootin’-tootin’ America bursting with gunslingers, outlaws, and garou.

JANE (a genuine hero-eene)

Calamity’s her name, and garou hunting’s her game—when she’s not starring in Wild Bill’s Traveling Show, that is. She reckons that if a girl wants to be a legend, she should just go ahead and be one.

FRANK (*wolf whistle*)
Frank “the Pistol Prince” Butler is
Published June 2nd 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about My Calamity Jane, please sign up.
Jodi Meadows There's a Goodreads giveaway right now!…moreThere's a Goodreads giveaway right now!(less)
Ash Rogers This is a separate Jane than our beloved Jane Grey. Her story is wrapped up, and all other Janes in this series stand on their own.
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusA ​Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa TahirImagine Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2020
796 books — 2,962 voters
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. MaasThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. SchwabChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareBlood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin
Can't Wait Books of 2020
1,064 books — 2,876 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
I’m not into westerns or anything so I think this one wasn’t for me. It was a lot of fun and made me laugh out loud multiple times like the other 2 books, but I was just kind of bored a lot of the time. It wasn’t bad but definitely my least favourite of the series. Looking forward to the next ones though!
Cynthia Hand
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
August 2018--Just finished a first draft! Hooray!
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
3.75 Stars

What a hairy adventure of The Wild West proportions!

I LOVE Westerns. My knowledge of this particular period and its historical figures is limited. I probably messed up a few related terms. Regardless, I’ve always been captivated by cowboy culture and country music. My Calamity Jane gave me a slice of that awesomeness.

I didn’t get the 1876 rootin’-tootin’ America references scattered throughout this book, but it didn’t hamper my enjoyment. I wasn’t enthusiastic when I found out the stor
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

This was better than I thought. I assumed it was all about killing werewolves, which I’m against as I want to be one, but I was wrong 😉

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
hillary ☾
Feb 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF 32% | 29/06/2020

So let me tell you what’s wrong with this book.

It’s so boring and unfunny not even the audiobook works for me. Literally nothing is happening one third in and I’m not going to wait till more than halfway through like I did with My Plain Jane only to discover there will never be a plot.
I didn’t laugh once, I only rolled my eyes multiple times at how ridiculous the writing and the characters are.

At the point I reached there’s no plot alongside the romances. If I wanted to read
Wendy Darling
Annnnd now I have a "2020 publication" shelf. o.O ...more
Tweebs♥️
Dec 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
WHAT IS THIS ???

A SEQUEL TO MY LADY JANE???

AND IT COMES OUT IN 2020???

THAT'S LITERALLY IN 3 YEARS!!

I

P

H
I
S

BUT I'M SO HAPPY THAT I CAN OVERLOOK THIS LONG ASS WAIT.

Who am I kidding ?? How does one wait for this?
Wren (fablesandwren)
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cover was not orange and green, but I’m still really happy with this book! Western, our Lady Janies’ humor, talking dogs, were-umm, garous, and loads of history to be straightened out! Absolutely outstanding!

- - -

I'm calling this cover to be orange and green. If it's not, the rainbow will not be complete and I'll be sad.

- - -

THIS IS AMAZING OMGSH I CAN JUST NOT WAIT.

*lowkey singing the songs from the musical*

Drewthereader20
This was a really good sequel! I'm sad that this is over but Ik we will have more from these three lovley authors. RTC...
1) My lady jane 4/5 stars
2) My plain jane 5/5 stars
3) My calamity jane 4/5 stars
Lacey

Full disclosure: I don't like westerns. I don't watch them, and I don't read them (which is surprising considering how much I like drinking, poker, and shows/movies with guns). The only reason I even read this book was that I just happened to get my hands on an advance copy, which in hindsight is a bit unfair considering some people have been waiting for this book to come out for a couple of years. Hell, before I read this book, I couldn't have told you who Annie Oakley was or what she
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jul 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
10/10/19
I love the cover and the synopsis has me pumped!

Give me this book ASAP
Rachel Kathryn Wright
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With this book I only had two problems with it. One is that the pacing towards the end would often switch from everything happening all at once and then nothing happening. The other problem I had was that one of the MC’s Annie, I felt her character growth should have been shown more. I also didn’t like how the authors made her the most skilled person in the group when she had a lot of growing to do. And I just find it annoying in books and movies that when a new person joins a group they are the ...more
Panda Incognito
I enjoyed the first half of this book, because even though I didn't find it as funny as the previous two entries in the series, I liked Frank and Annie Oakley. I also enjoyed the amusing asides from the coauthors, and the absolutely ridiculous anachronisms that they put in on purpose. There are so many delightfully silly elements to this book, including a conversation with a dog where the dog starts quoting lines directly from Pixar's Up. (Some characters have the ability to talk to dogs for rea ...more
Meagan ✊🏼 Blacklivesmatter ✊🏼Blacktranslivesmatter
Can't wait for this! I hope this isn't the last one and they continue the series 😝 ...more
Alexa
That was a lot of fun! I definitely enjoyed reading another spin on a famous Jane (this time, Miss Calamity Jane herself) written by the Lady Janies. Must admit to not being as familiar with her story (or Frank Butler or Annie Oakley), so everything felt really new and interesting. Definitely laughed a lot and had fun spotting pop culture references along the way!
Diana
Jun 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnfed
I loved "My Lady Jane". Funny, irreverent. Amazing story and characters.

"My plain Jane" bored me to no end. I didn't DNF it because of how much I loved the first one, and because I kept thinking that maybe I wasn't on the right frame of mind for the story.

So "My Calamity Jane" was supposed to be my tie breaker: if I did enjoy it I wouls continue with the series. If not, I would assume "My Lady Jane" was a fluke and keep thst one as a lovely unique book.
I DNF'ed at page 80. I didn't like the nar
Christy

YALL WE HAVE A COVER. Check out all the details and preorder here!

Karen’s Library
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Lady Janies deliver once again as they mess with history to give us a happy ending to the Calamity Jane, Annie Oakley, Frank Butler, and Wild Bill Hickok stories.

This was a fun, rollicking tale of the Wild West and Deadwood, and werewolves. (Werewolves?!) Yes werewolves, dear reader.

I really enjoyed book 3 in their Janey series and can’t wait to see what they do with the Marys!
Sahitya
I had such a fun time with the previous two books in this series that I’ve been quite eager for this one to release, even though I know nothing about the historical figures this story is based on. And while I did have access to the audiobook, I kept putting it off without even realizing that it was perfect for one of my readathon prompts. Glad I finally figured that out in time, because this book couldn’t have been read at a better time.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about this
Caidyn (he/him/his)
CW: parental death, prejudice against a group of people, and mentions of treatment of Native Americans per the time

If this is the last book in the Janies series, I will riot. I need more of the historical fiction alternative universes that these writers create! They are always such fun and full of pop culture nods and anything else.

Unlike the past two books, I didn't know anything about Calamity Jane and just the era in general. I was worried that I wouldn't get into this one as much, but I shou
Andrea
Ok. So. This is awkward.

I absolutely love the first book in the series, it was one of the funniest things ever. But then, the rest of the series just couldn't live up to it for me.

I liked the concept. And the story. And the humor (all the asides and nods from the authors).

But I did find it a bit convenient and predictable most of the time, and I ended up skimming quite a bit. I also didn't feel the token diversity characters really fit in (view spoiler)
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Sep 08, 2016 marked it as is-this-ever-coming-out
I am squealing like a pig over here. A remake of Calamity Jane you say?! That's my favourite film - well that and Goonies! ...more
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
Actual Rating 3.5
I waited for 2 years for this book. From 5 to 3.5 stars, this series is going downhill for me. I don’t know if there’ll be more books in this series. I just want this series to end now.

I REALLY loved My Lady Jane, it was HILARIOUS. My Plain Jane had paranormal elements which are not my cup of tea, still, I ended up loving it.

My Calamity Jane’s story focuses on woofs/garou/werewolves. I am not much enthusiastic about them either, but interestingly I liked them in this book. I lov
Tiffany
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Elyse (ElyseReadsandSpeaks)
This was really cute and clever and I do like the incorporation of werewolves, but I just can't get into western anything no matter how hard I try so this was just 3 stars for me personally. DO NOT LET MY RATING TURN YOU AWAY. Seriously - if you're into westerns and you've enjoyed My Lady Jane and/or My Plain Jane, you'll probably love this one. I think this one had a better overall story than My Plain Jane and there were some narrator parts that I definitely giggled at. Of the three, My Lady Ja ...more
Katie Hanna
Aug 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Somehow, I didn't realize this book would be about werewolves. Either I didn't read the synopsis carefully enough, or ... *hides face* idk ...

I don't like werewolf stories, you see. I just don't like them. It's not that I object to "humans turning into animals" plotlines, I just don't enjoy the particular trappings of werewolf myths (the moon, bloodlust, thralldom, alpha wolves etc, etc, etc).

So even though the writing is just about as good as the previous book (My Plain Jane, which I ADORED),
Chelsea
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF (did not finish) @ 30%-ish due to disingenuous lesbian romance storyline

Slow beginning, but fairly ejoyable writing for the most part (up to where I read) and had some wit like the first book in the series, My Lady Jane (which I loved). This novel is an alternative history where Wild Bill, Calamity Jane, and Annie Oakley join forces to not only show off their shooting prowess, but to hunt werewolves on the sly.

However, I stopped reading due to the lesbian romance storyline of Calamity Jane.
Amy
I love Annie Oakley, the real-life person. And as my poor neighbors' eardrums can probably attest, I also love belting out the musical. So, what happens when you mix one of my childhood heroes (sorry, heroines) with WEREOLVES (my obsession last year) and one of my favorite series?

Nothing, apparently.

Or more specifically, you get months of me forcing myself through this book because I wanted to love it so badly. I even bought myself a copy when it came out. And now I'm wondering if maybe I shou
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)

In 1876, America was full of gunslingers, outlaws…. and werewolves.

Thankfully, there’s Wild Bill’s Traveling Show featuring Wild Bill Hickok and his adopted kids Calamity Jane and Frank Butler. They’re already legends in their own right, known for their quick draws, but what the general public doesn’t know is that they also hunt werewolves.

Annie Oakley arrives looking for a job, captures the heart of Frank, and is more than okay with hunting werewolves in her spare time.
When a hunt goes
sage elizabeth
Aug 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 20-for-2020
1.) My Lady Jane ★★★★★
2.) My Plain Jane ★★★★★

• House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1)
  • Where You Go (The Rambler Battalion, #1)
  • As You Are (The Rambler Battalion, #2)
  • The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1)
  • Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1)
  • Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6)
  • Daisies in the Canyon (The Canyon #2)
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
  • Pretend You're Mine
  • To Heal an Earl (Soldiers & Soulmates #1)
  • To Tame a Rogue (Soldiers and Soulmates #2)
  • The Next Great Paulie Fink
  • Jonathan Livingston Seagull
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
  • Royals (Royals, #1)
  • Fire Fighter (Scout #2)
  • Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
Cynthia Hand is the New York Times bestselling author of several books for teens, including the UNEARTHLY trilogy, THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE, MY LADY JANE, MY PLAIN JANE, and MY CALAMITY JANE (with fellow authors Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows), THE AFTERLIFE OF HOLLY CHASE, THE HOW AND THE WHY and the upcoming novels WITH YOU ALL THE WAY and MY CONTRARY MARY (also with Ashton and Meadows). Befo ...more

The Lady Janies (3 books)
  • My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1)
  • My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Are you searching for a great young adult novel to dive into? In that case, you've come to the right place. Goodreads members are pros at...
“For the boat rockers, the rulebreakers, and the troublemakers. No one ever became a legend by blending in.” 7 likes
“Well, I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should just go ahead and be one.” 6 likes