Start by marking “Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)” as Want to Read:
Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)

Kozart

(Savage Beasts #1)

Kozart Savage is the world's biggest rock star. At twenty-five, he's got it all. Money. Fame. And the adoration of fans everywhere. He thought that was enough to make him forget his past. Enough to transform his distrusting heart. Turns out that's not how it works...Then he meets a bridesmaid hiding out in a hotel bar. Probably the only girl on the planet who doesn't know ...more
Published July 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kozart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kozart

Start your review of Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
Dali
If you’re looking for a book the seamlessly blends wit, steaminess and the appeal of college romance, you can’t go wrong with Kozart, J. Nathan’s latest title.

Kozart Savage is a bona fide rock star. Looking from the outside, he has everything. Unfortunately all the fame and fortune that comes is not enough to fill the gaps in his soul. Until he finds the only woman in the world who doesn’t know him but makes his complete.

After finding her boyfriend infraganti, at her sister’s wedding, with one
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Very good new adult rockstar romance.

I completely enjoyed this romance between jaded rockstar Kozart “Z” Savage and college student Aubrey who meet in the bar at a hotel after Kozart starts getting sick of the rock ‘n’ roll party, sex with groupie lifestyle and Aubrey finds her boyfriend cheating on her at her sisters wedding with another bridesmaid.

Aubrey is a bit drunk and is a Country music fan so she has no idea who she is talking to, and Kozart likes that, he also feels like standing up for
Deborah
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it

This for me is the perfect example of a 3* read.
It’s a nice easy, enjoyable book. It has likeable characters and a feel good ending.

While as a rule I’m not a fan or rock star or sports star romances. The blurb for this intrigued me.

Like I said it’s a nice easy read. I never felt I’d really got to know either of the characters, especially Aubrey.
At times when Kozart opened up about his past I truly felt for him.

“Why not?” He shrugged. “It’s mine. And I don’t have to share it unless I want to.”

My
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

A great friends to lovers story. Kozart had a sh!t childhood and Aubrey had a sh!t night. As their friendship develops so does their love. Of course, there has to be rock star drama thrown in, but love conquers all in the end. I wonder if the author has any plans for the rest of the group or for her friends to get HEAs.
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
3 🎶❤️🎶⭐️s

A nice, safe, easy rock star romance read.
Kozart and Aubrey were likeable characters, their story flowed pleasantly, with no high angst. I would have liked a deeper development of both main characters though.
Overall it was an enjoyable and uncomplicated read.
The Book Bee
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"I want to text you every day and talk to you every night."

The minute I read this synopsis, I knew I had to read it. I am always looking for the next rockstar book to make me fall in love with the genre again. Some are hit and miss, but I keep coming back for more. Well, I feel like this hit every rockstar fantasy that I could think of. Grand gestures, a realization that you're the one, being swept up in the whirlwind of a high profile romance. I loved it all!! I am still sm
Tracy  C
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I really enjoyed Kozart and Aubrey's story. It was such a good mix of humor and heartache. Especially Kozart and his past. His character progression was great. I just had a problem with the plot point that caused the angst. It seemed pretty unrealistic and weak to me. Music fans don't really care if the musicians are in a relationship. I'm just glad he finally came to his senses and realized he is allowed to live his own life.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Because he would break my heart. Maybe not purposely, but it was inevitable."

As I've come to expect from this author, once I started reading putting the book down was no longer an option. She threw me right into the scene where Aubrey gets rescued by a rock star at her sister's wedding, without even realizing who he was. Even if he had told her, she still wouldn't have known who he was. I'm sure that's where the attraction started for him. How refreshing it must have been to not be groped b
Peggy M
2020: 2nd read
2019: 1st read

I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

J. Nathan is a writer whose books I discovered very recently, I love her new adult ‘For you’ series and ‘Kozart’ is the first book of hers that I read that isn’t part of this series so I was curious about it. And the fact that the story is about a rock star, made me even more curious and excited. And now that I have read it, I’m very happy to say that I enjoyed this story also very, very mu
Shannon
Kozart was a great take on the rockstar story. I liked that this was a bit different, a bit sweeter than many of the books you’ll find in this trope. Kozart, the man, isn’t your typical manwhore rock god, who thinks he’s God’s gift to women. Yes, he pretty much holds the world in the palm of his hand, but he needs more than the fame, fans, and fortune being in a band brings him.
Enter Aubrey. When Kozart meets Aubrey, someone who has absolutely no idea who he is, he realizes what his life has be
Aly
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I loved this book! I've read J. Nathan's For You series and really liked it, but this blows those out of the water! Kozart and Aubrey were amazing characters, well developed with great chemistry. The back and forth narration was done so well and my heart broke for both of them. Aubrey is such a strong female and her sarcasm was fun. Kozart is sexy and sweet and I totally fell for him. I highly recommend this book!
Anja H.
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*4.5 ROCKSTAR STARS*

Oh yes, I enjoyed the hell out of this!
Rock star/celebrity romance has always been one of my favorite tropes (I mean, which teenage girl doesn't dream of their idol falling in love with them? 😂)

I loved that there wasn't too much angst and drama and that both characters acted like actual grown-ups for the most part!

A great read!

Received a free copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Paula White
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

I love a rock star book and I really enjoyed this one. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Kozart and Aubrey meet - she has no idea who he is and she was mildly drunk after finding her boyfriend with someone else at her sister's wedding! What begins is a friendship that develops in to something more. Kozart has had a troubled life and Aubrey just gets him and they get on really well. Then comes along the obvious need for them to split - management say
Nancy Metsch
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book this was. Let me start by saying J Nathan is a new to me Author and I really loved my first book!!!
I was really looking forward to reading it after I had the blurb. And what I found while reading was how real and raw both Kozart and Aubery were. Being a super star isn't all Rainbows and Unicorns and for Kozart things were starting to get old, that is until he meets Aubery. I. LOVED. that she dodn't know who he was.
I cannot wait to see what others think
B. C. Booklover
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I noticed this book when it 1st came out, knew I had to read it soon and finally dove into it today. Yay!!! Rockstar romances are a personal favorite of mine so when a friend with similar interests also recommended it, how could I resist??

The opening pages drew me right in as Aubrey, a bridesmaid at her sisters wedding, is found drowning her sorrows after literally catching her long time boyfriend in a very compromising position. One that is unforgivable.

Kosart 'Z' Savage finds this funny girl
Rochelle
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good rock star/sort of friends to lover’s romance. Aubrey and Kozart meet in a bar where she is trying to drown her sorrows over her ex-boyfriend who she just caught cheating. She doesn’t know who he is at first but when she finds out it doesn’t matter because she likes him for who he really is not his on stage persona. They start as friends and then it builds up to something more. I loved the chemistry between the two characters. I can’t wait to see what comes next from J. Nathan. Yo ...more
Moony MeowPoff
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, the characters were easily to like and warm up to. But some places in the book things went on a bit too quickly for my taste, espesially the argument-part. But it was a nice standalone even so, warm, fuzzy and a little hot! :D
Michele
4 1/2 "Sleepless" Stars!

Kozart....new rockstar story....yes, please! Let me just say that I inhaled this yummy little treat in one day.

Kozart and Aubrey seemed to meet at the perfect time for each of them. She had just found her long time boyfriend cheating on her and he was tired of the casual easy and empty sex found in the rock'n'roll lifestyle. They meet in a hotel bar and she doesn't know who he is which he is intrigued by. She's a country music fan and doesn't listen to anything in his ge
Lula Pantoofle
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, rockstar, college
This book was given to me free in exchange for an honest review

Jeeez who would have thought I’d read 40 rockstar romances? It’s official. I seem to love this trophe. My favourite is when the girl has no idea who the rockstar is. This is a perfect case of this theme.

Aubrey is having the crappiest day ever and is solely focused on drowning her sorrows. I loved that Kozart’s presence pissed her off at the start. The banter was pretty good from the get-go.

I loved the ‘i’ll add that to my dating pr
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

J. Nathan is still pretty new-ish to me but everything I've read so far has been brilliant and this fabulous book might just be a top read for me this year. Y'all I'm a huge, huge fan of rockstar romances... they're like kryptonite for me with the bad boy rocker and the unassuming girl. Give me one that's a little different and outside of the normal cookie cutter ones already out and I'm hook.. line.. and sinker.

Nathan completely knocked it out of the park with this all-new romance and l
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Where are all my rock star fans?? Y’all need to one-click Kozart right now. Seriously, go, I’ll wait . . .

So you’re back—good, now heed my warning: I planned to read a chapter or two around midnight the other night. Just a little reading before I finally closed my eyes for the night. Well, those eyes didn’t close until 3 am because I couldn’t drag my eyes away from my Kindle. I had to know what happened with Z and Aubrey.

From their adorable meet-cute, through their trials and tribulations over
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Words can’t begin to describe the beauty of Kozart and Aubrey! Their story was a crazy one for sure and would set the tone for how things would go! It was instant attraction but definitely took time for the trust and love to come! Aubrey wouldn’t give her heart again to just anyone and kozart not knowing what love is to begin with definitely needed to take his time! The thing was that once they opened their hearts to hope there was nothing else they needed but each other! Only problem was no one ...more
Tracey Fandre
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My first J Nathan book but certainly not my last!!!

This was FABULOUS!!! I've read a few rock star romances and have enjoyed many of them. This one was different and in a really refreshing and good way for me. Sometimes it is nice to read a rock star romance where the guy isn't a druggie. Yeah, he admitted to sleeping with groupies, but from the moment he met Aubrey, he seemed more like a "normal" guy who happened to be famous. It made the story more believable and I thoroughly enjoyed the journe
Karen
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I so wanted to love this book. This author has written books that intrigued me but this fell flat. The premise is like so many rockstar books.... rock star and an average young woman.... There wasn't any unusual angst but an ex boyfriend (no real problem,) and manager/publicist who watches his image.

So average rating for not great but good.
Zilpha Owens
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
My first J Nathan and I loved the way she pulled me in with this one. A rockstar and a college student? How perfect and yet how difficult for it to work. Yet it was a great mix of the famous and vulnerable rock star and the girl that would capture his heart. Their banter and differences played sweet music together. This was a terrific read!
Annie Brewer
Every J. Nathan book I pick up, I fall in love with. This one was no exception. Plus I love rock star books!! Kozart and Aubrey's journey will have you swooning and rooting for them. It was a fun story with enough angst to keep you reading on, but with a perfect ending. Well done!!
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
I. Nathan is one of my automatic one click authors that never disappoints!! I devoured this book and am moving on to the next in the series.
Char (1RadReader59)
The rock star Kozart knew he was coming to the end of his partying days. Ever since being a kid in foster care he has never been able to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.
So, when he wakes with two blondes in his bed, he knows it’s not his best moment. He gets dressed walks into the front room of the suite and lets the band members know, who are still partying after the concert, that he is going out.
He arrives at the hotel bar and sits by a young woman who appears distressed. She i
Christina
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

You know when you pick up a rock star book that it's gonna be, well, rockin' and rollin'. But what makes this one pretty amazing that this isn't the typical girl meets rock star and falls hard. Nope, this is more the opposite. And I fell in love with the heroine even more because of it.

After being completely humiliated and cheated on by her boyfriend of three years at her sisters wedding, Aubrey finds herself at the hotel ba
Christy Almeida
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW.

I read a lot of NA books. I find them to be light and fun and it's a great escape. J. Nathan takes her NA books to another level, though. When I download a new J. Nathan book I know I'm gonna smile and fall in love with her characters, but more than that- I know I'm gonna get such depth of emotion. I know I'm gonna read a book that will stay with me for a long time to come. Kozart by J. Nathan totally exceed my already high expectations.

Kozart starts out with the perfect meet-cute.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
New Adult Book Club: #52/19 ~ Kozart by J. Nathan COPIES ALL GONE 63 96 Jul 22, 2019 05:29PM
Romance Retreat: Kozart - NA Rockstar Romance Excerpt #2 2 6 Jul 15, 2019 06:35AM
Romance Retreat: Kozart Excerpt 6 10 Jul 03, 2019 11:58PM
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate profile pages for 1 author 4 13 Jul 03, 2019 09:11AM

• Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • Before the Second Show
  • Off Key
  • Finding Zen
  • Fractured Hearts (Fractured Rock Star #1)
  • Rock Star
  • Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
  • Hold Me - Music For The Heart - Book One
  • Promise To Fulfill: Music For The Heart - Book Two
  • Heartbreak Beat (LA Rock Star Romance #1)
  • All of Me (Rock Me, #0.5)
  • Sing to Me
  • Ghost Note
  • See Her (Turn it Up, #1)
  • See Through
  • Love Song (LA Rock Star Romance #2)
  • In the Pocket (Virginia Valley University #1)
  • Drawn To Dark
J. Nathan is the author of new adult, sports, and rock star romances with cocky heroes and sassy heroines. When she's not writing, she's a crazy soccer and baseball mom as well as a total romance junkie! Add an alpha male who's unlikable in the beginning...even better.

Readers Group: bit.ly/JNathanReaderGroup
Author FB Page: http://bit.ly/JNafb
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2brF0xz
Instagram: http://instagr

Savage Beasts (2 books)
  • Treyton (Savage Beasts #2)