Start by marking “Queen Takes Camelot (Their Vampire Queen)” as Want to Read:
Queen Takes Camelot (Their Vampire Queen)

Queen Takes Camelot

(Their Vampire Queen #5.6)

Gwen

The Once and Future King has always been my curse.

You think King Arthur is a hero.
You blame me for the fall of Camelot.
Because I refused to choose.

Yes, I loved Lancelot. Once upon a time, I loved Arthur, too. I loved all of his friends, even Merlin, the cantankerous wizard.

But Arthur’s jealousy destroyed our love. He smashed the Round Table, banished Lancelot,
Published October 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Queen Takes Camelot, please sign up.

Start your review of Queen Takes Camelot (Their Vampire Queen)
Just Josie
Such a beautiful addition to the Vampire Queen Series.🖤

The vampires Queen series is filled with vampires, mystical creatures, magic and sets a delicious background for a very strong and sexy RH.

That was also the case with “Queen takes Camelot” and we even got Burkharts take on a re-telling of the Legend of Kind Arthur, and it was so creative.
Highly enjoyable😍

Read: 17/09/2020
1st rating: 4 stars
Genre/tropes: RH/vampires/King Arthur/magic/legends
Cover: 4 stars
POV’s: Multiple 1st person (Gwen & h
❤ Bibi ❤
If you read my blog, it's no secret that I'm totally fan-girling over Ms Burkhart's Their Vampire Queen. So, when Joely announced she was working on a spin-off series based on her interpretation and visions of Arthurian legends, I was more excited than I was when I found out there'll be another book in her TVQ series - but at the same time, I can't deny that I was a little sceptic.

I mean I really love the arthurian legends where Arthur is this beloved and awesome king, so I wasn't sure how I wou
Coco.V
Jul 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/13/2020)! 🎁
❤ Bibi ❤
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Arthurian legends! I love the tales of the Knights of the round table, and the myths surrounding Guinevere, Arthur, Morgan Le Fey and Merlin!! Joely's second book in Gwen's duet does not disappoint. At all.

In this second - and what I assume to be the last book - about Gwen, she sets out to free Merlin and defeat Arthur. Of course nothing is ever easy for the life of a chosen vampire queen, especially not one from such an ancient and powerful lineage, as Gwen - descendant of the White Enc
Jeanny
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
A lovely cover. Sadly, this was my least favorite book in the series. I found the entire story a bit of a bore & the one character I thought interesting Merlin, was a blimp in the story. 2 stars

I will of course continue the series.
Puna
I absolutely, positively, adored this book! I am a HUGE fan of Joely so this review is definitely biased. But I have waited for this book since we met Gwen, always looking for teasers, updates etc. I am usually very hesitant to recreate books. I didn't even think about that when I dove into this book. I trust Joely completely. I am so excited for the next one. I love how we get to keep up with Shara even though it's Gwen's story. This is the best! Long live the three queens.

Overall: 5/5

I receive
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Gwen’s story. A reincarnated Gweneive of Camelot. Held prisoner by King Arthur until Shara isador wrecked havoc at house sky, freed Gwen and made her a sibling queen.
The story of Camelot has been told many times in many ways... but this time Gwen will fight and take her blood as is her will and right.
Just fantastic... first in what appears to be a two parter ( hopefully more ) bring on queen takes Avalon.
Leslie
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better and better. So glad she decided to delve into some of the other characters in this book. It shows how strong a character Shara is to help her sibs whom she acquired from taking over New York. She has confidence in their abilities. Overall a great writer for this kind of compilation of stories. 💜💜💜
Katyana
It was alright. Honestly, it was so focused on their past lives that I feel like I never really got to know them now at all. *shrug*

Meh.
Heidi
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i am really enjoying this series as a whole. It has been great to see different Queens in their environments and Gwen is a great read. Different from Shara and Mayate it was nice to see a different character especially with the aftermath of queen takes checkmate. I wondered about what would happen after Shara left NYC and it gives some insight into Keven and his role as well. I hope I can see more of them together later down the track. I did love seeing Lance and the rest of the current blood an ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Another Queen for the Good in a rapidly expanding world of vampires, queens and their knights. Ever the fan of Ms. Burkhart, when I learned she was going to start writing a spin off with a reinterpretation of the Arthurian legend, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. What I find interesting is Arthur is not the good guy in this story. And not surprisingly, one of my other favourite reinterpretation of King Arthur also showcases that history is re-written by the winner who is not always the goo ...more
Oceans
Short spin-off based on King Arthur and other myths in the style of Ms. Burkhart.
If you expect a classical hero in the form of the King Author, you are in for a different treat. King Arthur is a villain and nothing is as expected.
I remember Gwen from previous books and she is a lovely character. Her connection with her past reincarnation is intriguing and it's good to see her rise as a Queen. With her Blood she is strong but with the link to Shara she is even stronger, so the history and the c
Ciru
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This I felt was just an intro to Gwen's story. The book ends in a cliff hanger. Her main story is meant to be in Queen Takes Triune and I am looking forward to reading it.

Arthur is the bad guy, but I absolutely loved their lobby scene. I could clearly picture this manipulative, possessive asshole and I was just looking forward to him dying a terrible, bloody death.

Looking forward to Queen Takes Triune.
Jessica Robbins
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

We met Gwen during the Shara series but now we get the inside scoop of her past as well as the resurrection of her court now that she has been set free. A fantastic take on a classic tale written in true Joely style meaning it is fantastic!! Total must read! I totally loved it so I give it 5/5 stars.
Shannon
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this new storyline. I know I’m going to love Gwen and her guys as much as Shara. This is really a great set up and start for what is to come. I already have an enemy to dispise and a team of queens to love. Another fantastic addition to the Queens.
Anonymous Girl

Joely Sue Burkhart
@joelysue
For the first time in years, I finally believe everything's going to be okay. I got the divorce decree 10/29 to put one nightmare away and Biden/Harris win to take care of the other.
12:16 PM · Nov 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

Joely Sue Burkhart
@joelysue
Pence's damned fly is buzzing around here driving me nuts. I need one of those Biden Harris fly swatters STAT.
10:50 PM · Oct 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

Very professional! (*
Karen
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Camelot

This KU library selection is the retelling of Camelot, though Gwen is many generations separated from her ancestor, the original queen. She has been entrusted by Queen Shara to hold the NYC nest once held by Queen Skye. But while holding interviews, she realizes King Arthur infiltrated the nest before Shara took it and protected it with her blood ring. The same Arthur who burned his Queen to death out of jealousy of her love for her Bloods and who has repeatedly killed them in their new i
seriouslybookish
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
It had potential

This book had so much potential but unfortunately it just want executed well. The story wasn't fleshed out well enough. Even Gwen despite her appearance in previous books. The climax was anticlimactic. I just can't wrap my head around the ease of it all. Thousands of years of suffering solved by a ring. Too convenient.

It's just so disappointing considering the detail and brilliance of Shara's story. This feels like an amateur author wrote this book. It's unfortunate because I lo
Amber
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great book!

The greatness of, Their Vampire Queen continues! Gwen finally got her knights and killed the man responsible for centuries of pain and suffering.

I will say, the one (and only) occuring aggravation in most of these books is the fact that they each feel slightly rushed. Because they're so short, the author fits a lot of info with as few of words as possible in them. Sometimes that makes things seem rushed and a little unfinished at the end, like it ended a tad abruptly. I will
Lauren
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another novella focusing on Gwen

I thought this novellas would sate my need for another Shara book but it does not. ☹️ I did find myself very curious to see how Gwen’s story would play out with her knights and King Arthur and it did not disappoint. There were times it kind of dragged on and I lost interest but the story was still decent. This novella was a little longer than the previous ones which was nice but I still want another full length book on Shara and her Blood. None of the others compa
Delishia Walker
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Weirdly Uninteresting

not nearly as good as the other stories. felt rushed with missing transitions sometimes. had to go back thought I missed something but no, we just jumped to the next thing. didn't really care for her blood and she remained uninteresting. kinda hard to match Shara but was happen to see some mention of her. I did like the new explanations re Camelot and Arthur. That was cool and not heard by me before. All and all I'll of course continue to read but its because I love house I
Bronwyn
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
The description of this book says it contains both Queen Takes Camelot and Queen Takes Avalon. There was no delineation between the two inside so it was a bit confusing where one ended and the other began. I just assume this is both stories in one. This was the only edition of Gwen’s story offered in Amazon Kindle Unlimited at the time of my review.
beth m
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 10

A quick read. A decent developed story but missing the extra-ness of Shara’s series. In my opinion it was too short, leaving tantalizing info that would’ve been nice to learn more about. You get snippets of all these life times and the author briefly touches on it. It’s a little frustrating.
Rita Mason
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why did it feel so short.

*sobbing irrationally* that book flew by. It was super well written but seemed really short. I would love to have more time with them. Find out what happens next. I expected the fight to drag on for a chapter atleast, but nope , no.such luck.
Nicole Mulkey Renick
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen Gwen and her blood

This is a wonderful take on the legend of Arthur and Guinevere and the knights of the round table. This new queen needs to find her blood and grow her powers. Will Arthur allow this to happen this time? Can she rescue a missing blood?
Mary Elizabeth
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Strangest interpretation yet

I am not familiar with this series, and chose this book based on the Camelot reference and description. This was a fascinating strange take on the King Arthur legend, and the conclusion was so appropriate!
Cheryl Rollins
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great winner

I love this series with all its twists and turns. I just wait for the next one. Great author. Can’t wait till I get another book. Love love this writer
Meghann Walker
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nice and twisty!!

I love this series!! Learning more and more about these Aima queens SO fascinating!! We ALL know legends and stories change over time, but this one, was awesome!!
Calm Your Pits
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Camelot

I am so glad Gwen finally connected with her blood and that Lance and Merlin finally got their revenge after so long.
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice addition to the series. I wish it was a little longer.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Elements Tamed (Claimed by the Goddess #3)
  • Pentacle Bound (Claimed By The Goddess, #2)
  • Triad Found (Claimed By The Goddess, #1)
  • Goddess Claimed (Claimed By The Goddess, #4)
  • A Lost Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #2)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom #1)
  • Hunted (Feral Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • Jetta (Pack of Misfits #3)
  • Compel Me (The Last Vocari, #1)
  • The Wrath of Angels (The Demons' Muse, #5)
  • Academy of Monsters (Descendants of Nightmares, #1)
  • Descendant of Blood (Descendants, #2)
  • Hell to Pay (Razing Hell #2)
  • Savage As Hell (The Demon Academy #3)
  • A Final Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #3)
  • The Sins of Desire (The Demons' Muse #3)
  • Magic Unleashed (Claimed by the Goddess, #5)
  • The Lure of the Devil (The Demons' Muse #4)
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!

Their Vampire Queen (8 books)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Queen Takes Queen (Their Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen #6)
  • Queen Takes More (Their Vampire Queen #7)
  • Queen Takes Sunfires Book 1: Karmen Sunna (Their Vampire Queen)

News & Interviews

“People preferred to forget the atrocities a powerful man could do to a woman when he wasn’t well pleased with her.” 0 likes