Start by marking “Where Is Wisdom?: A Treasure Hunt Through God's Wondrous World, Inspired by Job 28” as Want to Read:

Where can we find wisdom? Down in the deep caverns? At the bottom of the ocean floor? This visual tour through the poetry of Job 28 parallels Scripture and leads readers on a treasure hunt through the wonders of God’s creation.

Among all the dazzling treasures this world has to offer, we learn of an even greater treasure—wisdom—and of the mighty God who alone can lead us
Published March 17th 2020 by B&H Kids

To ask other readers questions about Where Is Wisdom?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Is Wisdom?

Start your review of Where Is Wisdom?: A Treasure Hunt Through God's Wondrous World, Inspired by Job 28
Becky
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here’s Wisdom!

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2020/05/21/... THANK YOU!

This children’s book is based on Job 28, which can be hard for young ones to understand. The author does a good job explaining a challenging subject by using simple words and vibrant illustrations.

Treasures can be found by digging into the earth, getting things out of the ocean or hunting through jungles. But where is wisdom, can it be found that way? Can it be purchased?

Wisdom comes from God. P
Cole Shiflet
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was really, really well done. I enjoyed the simplicity yet faithfulness to the text. This is a great children's story to guide yourself or your family through Job 28.

A few months ago, my friend Emily Zell encouraged me to begin reading Biblical stories written to children. Since then, I have grown not only in my appreciation for the simplicity of the Biblical narrative, but in my love for the Lord as well. While intensive theological pursuits help us to see the grandeur and magnitude of who
Panda Incognito
This vibrantly illustrated picture book adapts text from Job 28, showing young readers that even though determined explorers can uncover the earth's hidden treasures, they cannot find or buy wisdom. Wisdom is only available through a right relationship with God, and the final third of this book celebrates His wisdom and power, explaining that God created and established all things, sees and knows everything, and rules over all of creation. This part of the book directly quotes Job: "The fear of ...more
Aaron Lee
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are many things happening in the world right now. And as my children grow older, I want them to lean not on the words of man, but on the wisdom of God. In Where Is Wisdom? - your child can partake in a treasure hunt through God’s wondrous world.

In Search of Wisdom

Written by Scott James and illustrated by Hein Zaayman, this 32-page children’s book is perfectly inspired by Job 28. The story follows the adventurous journeys of a man who hunts through the wonders of the created world in search
Vera Godley
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is surprising how much "theology" one can glean from a children's book. The author, Scott James, delves into Job 28 to pull a nugget of wisdom for young readers or listeners.

The book of Job in Scriptures is difficult to comprehend. All that pain and suffering. All that advice. All that seeking. In Where Is Wisdom? the search (of Job 28 for wisdom) begins with an understanding that men are smart and searchers. Man searches for food from the Earth. For minerals that glisten and gleam from the d
Joanne Viola
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Every parent desires to raise children to be wise. Where Is Wisdom by Scott James is a book which will introduce the concept of wisdom to children approximately 4-8 years old.

The story is inspired by Job 28 and will take young readers on a journey to search throughout the earth for wisdom. Their search will take them to look at the beauty found all around us. They will mine the depths of the earth, look to the beasts in the fields, and go the waters of the oceans.

Through the prose, and also the
Niya Davis
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Rated 3.75

This book overall is a beautiful book. It’s beautifully written and beautifully illustrated. The art/ pictures are phenomenal. The story is told in a way that is captivating especially since the pictures matches the story being told. It’s not meant for anyone under the age of 5. It may be easy to read, but the concepts are based off of Job 28. It would be best to have a refresher of Job 28 before you dive into the book!

The story does what it’s intended to do and circles back to the cr
Lee Button
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Hidden things can be found if we know where to look.” With that premise, Scott James leads children on a search in Job 28 for wisdom.
Most people love to find things. Like farmers and miners. Especially miners. But “the treasures of earth have been given to mankind, not to make us rich, but to show us how generous the Giver can be.” Wisdom is the greatest find. Where do we get it? That question is answered in the following pages.
With colorful and carefully pointed illustrations the book carries
E
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How do you explain the concept of wisdom to a child? Where can wisdom be found on the earth? On a journey throughout the world, author Scott James and illustrator Hein Zaayman give us the mind of a child on a quest to find wisdom. In Where Is Wisdom?, we search high and low throughout God’s earth to find wisdom. While written for kids, Where Is Wisdom? offers timeless Biblical truth for everyone. This is a beautiful picture book that will be greatly enjoyed by kids and adults.

DISCLOSURE: I recei
Becca-Rae Weidel
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh goodness, I absolutely adored this book! The pictures are stunning and easily draw the attention of the reader, and the text is light yet overflowing with deep truth. This is the perfect addition to any home or church library collection. The line that stuck out the most to me was "Wisdom is hidden, but it is not lost." I love how even though it's a children's book, it's able to engage the minds of adults as well. I highly, highly, highly recommend this to anyone and everyone!

*I Received a cop
Coyle
Jul 10, 2020 added it
"When you think of Bible stories that should be turned into children’s books, you probably don’t think of Job first. You probably also don’t think of Ezekiel 23 or Genesis 38, for that matter. Some stories just seem best left for the grown-up Sunday School class. Which is why I was surprised to see Scott James’s new book "Where is Wisdom"? pop up on a list of newly published books for children."

Read the rest here: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/schaeff...
Jaime Stratton James

• When Twilight Breaks
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • Arlo and the Great Big Cover-Up
  • The Four Pillars of Investing
  • How to Fight Racism: Courageous Christianity and the Journey Toward Racial Justice
  • The Great FArmapalooza
  • Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers
  • A Great Catch (Lake Manawa Summers, #2)
  • The Ride of Her Life (Lake Manawa Summers, #3)
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • A Mosaic of Wings