Start by marking “Patron of Mercy (Lords of the Underworld #3)” as Want to Read:
Patron of Mercy (Lords of the Underworld #3)

Patron of Mercy

(Lords of the Underworld #3)

Lach has spent the last few thousand years counting only on himself. What he needed, he took. What he wanted, he won with charm. All except a god he turned his back on an age ago, when he had a different name and didn’t know what he was giving up.

Thanatos, god of merciful death, is one of the gentlest gods in the pantheon—easing the transition between life and death for
Published July 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Patron of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patron of Mercy

Start your review of Patron of Mercy (Lords of the Underworld #3)
Cadiva
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was my favourite of three exceptionally good paranormal romances which shone a light onto the lesser known inhabitants of Greek Mythology's Underworld.

I've always been a fan of Thanatos, (the actual God of the Dead, not the Marvel villain ) and I've never been a believer of the bad rap that Hesiod gave him ...has a heart of iron, and his spirit within him is pitiless as bronze.

To me, he's more the ever dutiful representation of the spirit which takes us to our eternal rest, or to the
Christelle
Third (and sadly) last instalment of this excellent “Lords of the Underworld” series, fantasy MM romances with Greek Gods set in today's times. Add a second chance trope in this one. It’s a standalone, but I would advise to read the previous books (not a hardship, LOL).

Thanatos, God of Death and Lahr, a facetious “pirate-y” immortal, had been lovers, but that was a long time ago. The shenanigans of the Gods are going to reunite them in a quest of “Indian-Jones-esc /
Joyfully Jay
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Patron of Mercy is the third book in the Lords of the Underworld series. The series has some really clever world building and a light tone that makes for fun stories. In this series, the gods and goddesses of Greek mythology live in many ways like humans, and while they have incredible power, they also are mundane in really fun ways (one goddess is an Instagram junkie, for example). The world building has been my favorite part of the series since the start and
Daesy
**grm**

So much potential for this series and a lot of it was wasted. I really couldn't feel the connection between Lach and Thanatos, at least not until the last pages. The fact that Lach left the God many centuries before (like 2000 years or more), and broke-up their relationship, didn't make me believe in their reunion and quick falling in love, again. I can't imagine that 2 immortal beings would stay all that time away if they were still in love, and none of them knew what the other was
~nikki the recovering book addict
Languished too long in my library!

What was I thinking?!?! I let this gem sit so long in my library without reading it! I’m upset with myself

I keep forgetting how incredibly awesome this series is. The blurbs are unassuming and sometimes downright...dare I say it? Boring... (sorry ) so I keep putting them off but truly, this series is awesome!

Fascinatingly complexed characters, interesting backstories and of course, most of them are gods! The authors also blend Ancient Greek mythology and modern
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
This series is a sweet look at Greek Mythology.

Yes it the authors take some liberties & do make mention of it in the afterward. But what I enjoy so far is they are not making excuses for the selfishness the myths portray.

Thanatos is the god of merciful death. Why would we think of him as scary? Yes, we humans don’t want our lives to end but sometimes death can be merciful. I’ve witnessed that myself.

There isn’t much angst, action or any mystery but the series is sweet, charming and Ive
Alex
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
That might be my favorite of the 3.
Can't wait for Hermes story!!!
Santy
This book has been touch and go since December but I'm glad I finally finished it today!

Lach and my hun Thanatos were the perfect opposites attract/second chance couple. I loved reading about how Lach went through the motions to make up for his callousness in the past. It was definitely worth the read.

I enjoyed myself immensely as I do with books in this series of which this unfortunately is the last book(I think). But I wasn't too bummed because there is a planned trilogy spin-off coming back
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
4.5*

This series got better and better with every book and every God.

I love the creative liberty these authors used for their characters. They really seem believable and the Gods relatable (and mostly likable *side eyes Zues*)

Now, I am not sure if it was due to the 6 planets in retrograde plus the lunar eclipse and stag full moon or if this book is in fact, sad, but I found myself in tears...A LOT.. for about the first half of this book. Thanatos is an incredible character. When you think of
Becca
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with this series. I have always loved everything about Greece and Greek gods and the history of it all. I wish to travel there one day. It's an absolute dream. I love to see people's interpretations of the gods and how they make them turn out and I love how this has turned. It's very accurate with how a lot of the gods are written as so I was happy to see that it was quite accurate.
This is one of those stories though, that kind of breaks your heart. Thanatos, the god of death,
I~❤️~Books
4 Stars ...more
Lillian Francis
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Borrowing from myths and legends and making it work in the 21st century is effortless here.
This is a fun story with a solid and believable second chance romance, despite said romance being thousands of years in the making and between a titan and an immortal human.
They fit together so beautifully, this snarky, light fingered immortal and the ever gentle god of Death.
The adventure part jogged along nicely while we focused on the reconnection but flared into life at the end.
Natalie panda eyes
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-recs, favorites
First Hade’s son, then Prometheus and now it’s time for Thanatos to have his happy ending. It’s a toss up between the second and third book for favourite.

Location wise it was a bit restricted but I loved Mis and I’m pretty sure there wouldn’t have been any progress without her.

Lach is a lonely immortal regretting his biggest mistake. A chance to save the world from starvation gives him a second chance to be with the one he left broken hearted.

More along the lines of forgiveness and romance
Joscelyn Smith
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another fantastic addition the the Lords of the Underworld series. I absolutely loved Thanatos and Lach, they were such great characters and I enjoyed their second chance story immensely.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Gabriella
Not my favorite book in the series. Thanatos and Lach are an interesting match, if you like opposites attract stories.
Unfortunately , at times Lach felt like an over eager puppy.

Maria Lima
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in utter love with this series and this latest addition is no exception!

Kudos to both authors for an excellent book.
Alex
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, magic
My fav of the series
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
5 Hearts Reviewed by Shorty for MM Good Book Reviews

After some time spent apart due to Lach. Thanatos and Lach team up to find Cronus' Scythe to save the world. I loved everything about this story from the way these two react to one another after seeing each other again to the character descriptions of each one. The quest was well written with plenty of antics and suspense.

I was tickled at Lach's jealousy. I was very glad the romance/sex did not overshadow the actual plot as is the case in a
C
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Was really looking forward to reading book 3 after having enjoyed book 1 and loved book 2 so much. I absolutely loved Thanatos and found all the ideas behind his character fascinating, but I did struggle a bit with Lach as I found it hard to understand his immortality in the beginning. I thought the magical boat was great. I was very happy to read that there is going to be another series of books connected to this fantasy world as I have really enjoyed the Authors take on the Greek Gods and ...more
Helke
This book is a second chance book. I liked it but I will not read it again. Over all it was a bit long for me. Glaucos and Thanatos are a nice enough couple and the suspence is ok too. So something to enjoy and I will continue this series.
Ramona
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars – I think this is my least favorite of the series, mostly because of the angst, but Thanatos and Lach were still cute together. The plotline was also pretty entertaining and I loved the magical, sentient boat ...more
Karen
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series. My favorite was book 2 but I liked them all. Hope they still plan to write their spin off series.
Natosha Wilson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another good read in his series but I will be ho eat when I say that it is one of those slow build up reads. The reason I say this is because it was slow going at first but eventually it got to the more exciting parts of the read and the boom took off from there. I really love books about Greek gods and this was a great read.

This is Thanatos book. Thanatos is the God of death! Though he is not like what you would think he would be. He does not enjoy death. Just the opposite really but
Carra
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the moment I started this series, the authors had me hooked with the unique look at Greek mythology and their adaption of those stories to modern day. Not as a retelling of those stories, but more as the evolution of them into our current world. I was completely enthralled with the first two books, and eagerly got started on Patron of Mercy the moment I had it in my hands.

Thanatos is pretty laid back for the majority of the story, and demonstrates a lot of patience when it comes to Lach.
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is book 3 in the Lords of The Underworld series, and it CAN be read as a stand alone. However, personally, I felt I was missing. . . something . . .that I can't quite put my finger on, for not having read books one and two YET. I have them, but I have not got round to them yet! I will do, now though!

Lach walked away from Thanatos a milennia ago, because now he was immortal, who wanted to hang aroudn the God of
Susana
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ela The Queer Bookish
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: do-read
I love, love, love this series.

And I say that even though I still haven’t read the first book. But I will very soon and then I will reread books two and three.

I had some trouble getting into the pairing in the second book, but with Lach and Thanatos? Absolutely not. Both are so different but so loveable at the same time.

I really enjoy their second chance at romance and how it plays out. If you have been hurt by someone, that feeling won’t go away all at once. It comes and goes until you’ve
R
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lach and Thanatos have a history. Not a happy one either. Lovers millennia ago, Lach broke the God of Deaths heart when he told him they didn’t work and snuck away like a thief in the night that he was.

Lach needs Thanatos to save the world from starvation. Thanatos reluctantly agrees. But that’s all, just the help, no romance. Little did the god know it was a loosing battle. Lach is just to. compelling to ignore and he might just be a good guy this time around. As they rekindle their love, both
Terri
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book three of a series I've somehow missed out on. After reading this terrific story about Lach and Thanatos, I will be going back for the first two books.
I loved the characters, the story line, and the mythology. I loved the idea of gods and humans finding love. Lach was a bit of a scoundrel, but he had the best of intentions. Thanatos was the god of death, but he was also sensitive, kind, and generous. My heart hurt for the loneliness they each felt. And the link between Lach and his
John Altman

(12) MC Love Connection: 2
(13) Plot Worthiness: 3
(14) Sexy Sex Scenes: 2
(15) Wrap Up of Loose Ends: 3

• The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Heart of the Sea
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Hexxed (Witches of the Big Easy #1)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One, #4)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Stalked by Shadows (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery, #1)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Wild Magic (Triad #4)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Stop at Nothing (The Chosen One #5)

Lords of the Underworld (3 books)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Prisoner of Shadows (Lords of the Underworld #2)